Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control (74600 Views)

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by lilmax(m): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Fedupman:

This is not an advice boss,God hates adultery.

And God doesn't hate drunkenness?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by silverkings: 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:
Even the bible says 'faith without works is dead', yet a fanatical Christian like Righteousness89 goes around prescribing faith alone as the only solution to problems, and when his error is pointed out he says one should not allow the devil to use us.

Mscheeeeeeeew. What he fails to see is he is already falling to the sin of pride and haughtiness. Shior. It is his kind that gives Christians a bad name.
Leave Righteousness89 alone. Drop your own advice and move on. Leave the Young man alone. We all have right to speech here

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by samnaija: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:

How did I belittle him, and pray tell what practical solution has he posted?

Abeg shut the fvck up and waka pass. You two are likely birds of a plumage. I'm ignoring you henceforth.
My sister I hope you can count, majority of the post and response has one thing you the most prayer. People are advicing on prayers, but it is righteous you want to pick on.. keep it up . God is watching... Op bless add prayers in everything you do....

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by DozieInc(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Bitcoinomy(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

He drinks too much and sometimes messes the bed up with urine.

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.
This is bad, there must be moderation in all.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by cooltola(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
Pratical solution
Operational tough love
1, Where is he getting his money? Who is sponsoring his addiction? So first thing is to cut all money and warns his sponsors
2.Rehab for alcohol addiction or you threatened to walk out from the marriage
3. Read more on alcohol addictions and way you can stop being a co dependent.
4. Stay your course by dealing with your husband.e.g stop rewarding bad behaviours.
5. Be praying
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Sammyblack87: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
if he buys drink fr himself he goes fr his gauge 3 bottles but when he goes to an event where there is excess drink, my God he will be feeling like getting all the drinks into his mouth that's where the lack of self control comes in
no be ordinary thing my sister... God go help you
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by oilygirl: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by oilygirl: 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Stand in Gap for your Home and Husband In Prayers.
At midnight call call on the GOD of Heaven
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..
[b][/b]
ojun50:

Na so pastor......

There are already numerous satellites in rhe orbit and still not one person has successfully launched into God assuming his location is up there..
Did she mention that the foundation of the house is being threatened by erosion and leaving gaps? Which one is stand in the gap?
After she has prayed then what next? She shared a story about her husband who's a drunk and your suggestion is for to turn a anew as it could be the tonic. Are you suggestion she becomes a drunkard. Your epistle is mind boggling!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.

2 options only would make him re-evaluate his drinking habits......

1 - Therapy
2 - Divorce.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Dreyton36: 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
PERSON WEY WAHALA NAKED FOLLOW NO THEY USE ENGLISH PRAY

my dear, just locate the place where he drinks those alcohol
Arrange down three strong men, when he's out of the drinking joint and probably missing his legs , tell those men to guide him inside the car which you guys must've parked down
Drive him to the nearest cemetery , give the cemetery guard a token to watch after him and explain everything to him he'll understand

My dear when he wakes up from a tiled grave and he must've even urinated on top of the grave grin , I bet you he'll quit alcohol 100%
Even coke sef , it's only on Christmas day he'll be taking it
Thank me later
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Toks2008(m): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Pray and fast. it works
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by cassyrooy(m): 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

You're exceptional with your comment. I love it.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
8 pages of advice ... yet I know you have found NO ANSWER. You know why? You are asking the wrong audience.

Get on your knees. Tell God that marriage as ordained by Him is for life. You want to stand by His words because He hates divorse. Then place your husband's problem on Him. When He said " come to me all ye that labour and are heavy laden" this what He meant.

Now, no mistakes ... it wont happen as a magic, but trust me He will pick him up from the messy clay and take the shame of your family.
Don't come to thank me, just give alk glory to God.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Galaticos444: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
LadySarah:
A good woman said she cured her husband s own by taking him to the mortuary on one of those days. After the mortuary attendants and the fear of dead ppl around him dealt with him, he never looked back.

You have to do something drastic. Stop cleaning those beds! Stop doing anything at all. Let him wake up and clean after himself. Stop telling ppl.

Tell him that if he wants this marriage to continue! You are giving him a time frame to work on himself else you walk out.By this I hop you have something doing.

Someone his parents couldn't change is who you are beating yourself over.

Tell him to get a lawyer and write his will already so you can't be caught awares incase he dies since you and his kids aren't enough motivation for him to stop drinking.

The men that will tell you to endure will not want such as a father n inlaw.
best advice so far but when we advise women to try and b independent dey won't understand,a man will think twice b4 misbehaving wen he knows his wife doesn't need him 4survival
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:

Word. Also add to this prayerfulness and relationship with Jesus Christ. May God open the eyes of the unmarried not to make the silly mistakes our predecessors in marriages have made.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:
Start cheating, coming home late, stop cooking

Just lose yourself and see your husband start focusing again

Your husband lacks self control because you tolerate it

My opinion
Why do people give such terrible advice. Please OP don't ever listen to this. Go and pray and report him to a relative close or someone he respects a lot. So that the person can talk to him.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by jaxxy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

U married a drunk or Smtn close to that. It’s a addictive habit and a bad one. If he can’t help himself after much talking to he needs rehab asin professional help.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by JIMMY1393: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:

You deserve an award
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:
what advice would you give her?

She should pray, take care of a man who lacks self control?

She doesn't have herself to take care of?

Is the man a baby?

You don't have sense
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Gordieshegz(m): 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

You may need to see a primary physician who will prescribe a certain drug for you.
Give him to drink whenever he is drunk. He will hate alcohol forever.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
my dear wat you see in relationship is different from marriage we dated fr 9 months before marriage we didn't live together I only visit and during does time God be my witness he didn't show such and when we got married nothing changed in me he do tell me how lucky he his to have so it is not from me

If he wasn't like this before marriage, and he became like this later, I think something went wrong along the way. It is either he was pretending during courtship and during the early years of marriage or something went wrong.

If something wen wrong, you need to find what went wrong and help him out
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by JIMMY1393: 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
my dear wat you see in relationship is different from marriage we dated fr 9 months before marriage we didn't live together I only visit and during does time God be my witness he didn't show such and when we got married nothing changed in me he do tell me how lucky he his to have so it is not from me

Only 9 months and you guys didn't live together beforehand? Ha why won't there be problem
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Sixfeetbelle: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
bukatyne:

Perhaps the men around you.

What is your exact aim with this comment?

You see what she pointed out play out everyday on this forum and yet you chose to act ignorant?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:

This is the only reasonable comment you have made since you signed up on this platform.

Well said.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by JIMMY1393: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
GboyegaD:
The issue is quite deep. Have you tried seeking psychiatric therapy? Have you considered talking to a psychologist to see if the root cause can be ascertained? Is he embarrassed by his actions when he is in his right senses? Did he feel remorse of his actions? There are so many things to put into consideration and while I wouldn't rule out prayers/ spiritual therapy, you also need physical therapy.

Which one is psychiatric therapy na? The husband is not mad nor insane...it's psychological therapy/rehab he needs
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by kevotek1000(m): 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Addiction is a serious issue and it's not something one can stop at once. Madam you need God, meanwhile in your husband normal state engage him in a peaceful conversation... I believe he will change for the better, prayer still works.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by micflo28(m): 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
Do you give him rest of mind to start with. I will love to hear his side of the story. Why not engaging more to use his money to do productive things instead of using it to drink. Confer with his friends to talk to him out of this as they may have a major influence on him. Then you must make his home peaceful and loving and make consistent effort to cook his favorite meals daily even if he doesn't bring much for feeding. This is to keep him at home and enable him channel the money he uses to drink into the family and meaningful ventures. Lastly, dress and smell good and don't deny him sex. Remember to pray for your home ultimately.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by bubbychis(m): 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:

you mean those without those qualities you mentioned should not marry.. Everything in life is a battle let her fight her way out... The husband needs prayers and somebody he respects to talk to him
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by SeriouslySense(m): 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
I just had to stop my relationship because of Genotype Issue, i don't want my children to be Sick

IamD18:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.