Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,613 members, 7,851,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful (15254 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Edeyoung: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2020
Keraxes:

Olorisebe alainironu olopolo kiku olofo

Oyo states is a big for nothing state just like their fellow wannabe hausa state,

Yen yen.. Oyo state is bigger than edo state, the
Population is yen yen, until i showed you the state is a big for nothing state

Mugu....

Funny thing in oyo state is is that the state rapidly being eating by islam daily , d religion is currently eating everywhere in d state, all in a bid for them to be like their masters from the north

Having a discussion with you is repulsive, you fucking Muslims need to be recovert the religion is a plague..... We dont want it in Southern nigeria

If not for the yoruba Christians who still see you guys as brothers, on a norms you guys have no business with the southerners, you all belong to North just like kwara and kogi

Foolish dirty hausa-yoruba people

You guys are the sellout, we are having in Southern nigeria, the igbos were right, you all need to be reconverted or grouped alongside with the north we need no Muslim in d south here.....

Maybe henceforth before i have a discussion with a Yoruba person, i will first ask if he or she is a muslim, and if yes, there be no discussion from me.....

Maybe i will have to take a pictures of your yoruba muslim sisters and brothers in idp camps in benin, if dem nor tell you say dem b yorubas u will easily mistake them as hausas or fulanis

In as much i dont fancy the north i dont fancy any yoruba muslim too, you all are one, you all need to be reconverted, cowards

Dirty people

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Oyo states is a big for nothing state just like their fellow wannabe hausa state,

Mugu....

Funny thing in oyo state is is that the state rapidly being eating by islam daily , d religion is currently eating everywhere in d state, all in a bid for them to be like their masters from the north

Having a discussion with you is repulsive, you fucking Muslims need to be recovert the religion is a plague..... We dont want it in Southern nigeria

If not for the yoruba Christians who still see you guys as brothers, on a norms you guys have no business with the southerners, you all belong to North just like kwara and kogi

You guys are the sellout, we are having in Southern nigeria, the igbos were right, you all need to be reconverted or grouped alongside with the north we need no Muslim in d south here.....

Maybe henceforth before i have a discussion with a Yoruba person, i will first ask if he or she is a muslim, and if yes, there be no discussion from me.....

Maybe i will have to take a pictures of your yoruba muslim sisters and brothers in idp camps in benin, if dem nor tell you say dem b yorubas u will easily mistake them as hausas or fulanis

In as much i dont fancy the north i dont fancy any yoruba muslim too, you all are one, you all need to be reconverted, cowards

Dirty people
E pain am eleribu eleribu eleribu

For your information, I’m a Christian from Ibadan and we love our Muslim brothers equally
Tribe before religion over here oloribu omo

For you Dundee afofungbemu to even mention north that my forefathers killed so many in osogbo and old Oyo as our brothers shows how empty, dull senseless worthless you are just like your afofungbemu senseless worthless oba of Benin

In Oyo state, we have 50 50 has regards Christian and Muslim and Oyo comes first okay because we are not eleribu like your lineage from oba of Benin

Oyo state is prospering today with more population, more success for its inhabitants more land, more resources unlike our dead wretched worthless nonsense Edo state even though Edo state is by extension Oyo land

Note this down, we oyos would come for our Edo state when we get our oduduwa republic and send your weak oba of Benin out of the palace even though he’s a Yoruba man as well

Oyo today is where civilization in Nigeria started. Same can’t be said about olosho and armed robbery state

13 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by gregyboy(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

E pain am eleribu eleribu eleribu

For your information, I’m a Christian from Ibadan and we love our Muslim brothers equally
Tribe before religion over here oloribu omo

For you Dundee afofungbemu to even mention north that my forefathers killed so many in osogbo and old Oyo as our brothers shows how empty, dull senseless worthless you are just like your afofungbemu senseless worthless oba of Benin

In Oyo state, we have 50 50 has regards Christian and Muslim and Oyo comes first okay because we are not eleribu like your lineage from oba of Benin

Oyo state is prospering today with more population, more success for its inhabitants more land, more resources unlike our dead wretched worthless nonsense Edo state even though Edo state is by extension Oyo land

Note this down, we oyos would come for our Edo state when we get our oduduwa republic and send your weak oba of Benin out of the palace even though he’s a Yoruba man as well

Oyo today is where civilization in Nigeria started. Same can’t be said about olosho and armed robbery state

Oba of benin is a Yoruba man can you prove this historically

Or would you mind visiting my profile to enlightening your dead brain

Stop circulating that myth of oduduwa and oromiyan before i enter you

Muslim boy....

It seems most things you say, you say them because of anger regardless of fact

Oyo ruled benin lol, can you prove this too

Or lets make a bet if i prove you on this two ascertion you will credit me 10,000 naira

How about that

2 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 9:44am On Oct 12, 2020
gregyboy:

Oba of benin is a Yoruba man can you prove this historically

Or would you mind visiting my profile to enlightening your dead brain

Stop circulating that myth of oduduwa and oromiyan before i enter you

Muslim boy....

It seems most things you say, you say them because of anger regardless of fact

Oyo ruled benin lol, can you prove this too

Or lets make a bet if i prove you on this two ascertion you will credit me 10,000 naira

How about that
E pain you say Oyo ruled Benin right hahaha

Eleribu eleribuu eleribuuu, go find out from your fathers

Ibadan warlords invaded Benin then, we took you idiots as slaves

History can’t be changed and it’s what it is

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man and the first language spoke in the palace is yoruba language

I know that the truth is bitter to swallow, but the truth will always prevail whether you like it or not

For your info, I’m a Christian not a Muslim but still love my Muslim brothers abd we will both annex Edo state together when we get our oduduwa republic like we did in the old western state when we oppressed your forefathers and used your state resources to build cocoa house and so many others

Lol e pain am die eleribu! Eleribuu! Eleribuuu!

12 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by gregyboy(m): 9:53am On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

E pain you say Oyo ruled Benin right hahaha

Eleribu eleribuu eleribuuu, go find out from your fathers

Ibadan warlords invaded Benin then, we took you idiots as slaves

History can’t be changed and it’s what it is

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man and the first language spoke in the palace is yoruba language

I know that the truth is bitter to swallow, but the truth will always prevail whether you like it or not

For your info, I’m a Christian not a Muslim but still love my Muslim brothers abd we will both annex Edo state together when we get our oduduwa republic like we did in the old western state when we oppressed your forefathers and used your state resources to build cocoa house and so many others

Lol e pain am die eleribu! Eleribuu! Eleribuuu!

How about i make it 1k to bid cost and avoid excuses are you in or what?
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2020
gregyboy:

How about i make it 1k to bid cost and avoid excuses are you in or what?
Show me proof Oyo didn’t rule over Benin or Yoruba wasn’t the first language spoken in Benin palace and I’ll transfer 50,000 to you
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by gregyboy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Show me proof Oyo didn’t rule over Benin or Yoruba wasn’t the first language spoken in Benin palace and I’ll transfer 50,000 to you

My prove

1) if Benin spoke Yoruba as a language Benin chiefs and kings would still be having Yoruba names if the language happened to have died
Since those names and titles in the Benin palace
Are ancestral, but none of this ancestral names and titles are yoruba but Benin

2) Samuel Johnson made mention that Benin defeated the oyo army from ekiti,he never mentioned oyo ruling Benin despite also mentioning Benin supplied various Yoruba guns in d Yoruba war

Lastly if I have to bring a screenshot on the number 2, promise to give me my money
If you need the screenshot let me know

I want to disgrace you in front of the born and the unborn

But in order to do this you there must be an appetite to keep it going if you’re ready let’s set
5k ,

2 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
gregyboy:

My prove

1) if Benin spoke Yoruba as a language Benin chiefs and kings would still be having Yoruba names if the language happened to have died

2) Samuel Johnson made mention that Benin defeated the oyo army from ekiti,he never mentioned oyo ruling Benin despite also mentioning Benin supplied various Yoruba guns in d Yoruba war

Lastly if I have to bring a screenshot on the number 2, promise to give me my money

But in order to do this you there must be an appetite to keep it going if you’re ready let’s set
5k ,
The Samuel Johnson statement is fake as you and no one takes such statement serious in Oyo today. Oyo has never lost any battle in case you don’t know

Till today some Benin still bear yoruba names and speak yoruba
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Christistruth00: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
gregyboy:

My prove

5k ,

Sobasojek:

The Samuel Johnson statement is fake as you and no one takes such statement serious in Oyo today. Oyo has never lost any battle in case you don’t know

BOTH DAHOMEY AND BENIN , OYO RULED OVER.

""This King ( Alaafin Ojigi) in order to show his undisputed sovereignty over the whole of the Yoruba country, including Benin, sent out a large expedition which struck the Niger in the north, near the Ibaribas,
(Niger State) and coasted along the right bank until they arrived at the coast and returned to Oyo by the Popo country (Dahomey). Great exploits were reported of the leaders.""

Actually Oyo lost in battle to the Fulani but Ibadan who are ethnic Oyos won the War.

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by gregyboy(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Ok goodbye, if you say an oyo man is lying because he said something against your assumptions then am sorry for even first engaging in a discussion,you’re worthless,so samuel Johnson from oyo state who first handedly saw the beginning and end of the Yoruba civil war would be lying against his people, because a retard like you don’t believe him

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Christistruth00: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
,Sir Alfred Moloney
British Colonial Governor of Lagos

Also Confirming the Lander Brother's 17 th Century report that Oyo had ruled over Benin

1 Like 20 Shares

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
gregyboy:

Ok goodbye, if say an oyo man is lying because he said something against your assumptions so one who first handed saw the beginning and end of the Yoruba civil war

Then I was a fool for arguing with a retardant
Who’s the Oyo man? You’re the myopic one here when you can’t accept the fact that Oyo raided Benin for slaves via Ibadan warriors then.

Till today Benin still bear yoruba names and speak yoruba as second language
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Christistruth00:

BOTH DAHOMEY AND BENIN , OYO RULED OVER.

""This King ( Alaafin Ojigi) in order to show his undisputed sovereignty over the whole of the Yoruba country, including Benin, sent out a large expedition which struck the Niger in the north, near the Ibaribas,
(Niger State) and coasted along the right bank until they arrived at the coast and returned to Oyo by the Popo country (Dahomey). Great exploits were reported of the leaders.""

Actually Oyo lost in battle to the Fulani but Ibadan who are ethnic Oyos won the War.

Thank you for telling him the bitter truth that Oyo raided Benin then

2 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

So an Oyo man who happens to be a historian is lying but while u that relies on "my Papa tell me" is somehow correct...

Oyo has never lost any battle but they were defeated by the Fulani, Dahomey who brought the Empire down... Is there another definition of losing a battle?

Cc: gregyboy

3 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Who’s the Oyo man? You’re the myopic one here when you can’t accept the fact that Oyo raided Benin for slaves via Ibadan warriors then.

Till today Benin still bear yoruba names and speak yoruba as second language

This is a pure evidence that u don't know what u are saying... Try leaving the South West and be educatee

3 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

So an Oyo man who happens to be a historian is lying but while u that relies on "my Papa tell me" is somehow correct...

Oyo has never lost any battle but they were defeated by the Fulani, Dahomey who brought the Empire down... Is there another definition of losing a battle?

Cc: gregyboy
Oyo ruled over Benin, Dahomey and it never lost any war. Dahomey is too small to bring Oyo down okay and Oyo through Ibadan warriors killed so many fulanis in osogbo in 1840
Check above for the article from Christistruth00
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
gregyboy:

Ok goodbye, if say an oyo man is lying because he said something against your assumptions so one who first handed saw the beginning and end of the Yoruba civil war

Then I was a fool for arguing with a retardant

The Guy dey fear to put him money down

2 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

This is a pure evidence that u don't know what u are saying... Try leaving the South West and be educatee
You’re the ones who doesn’t know what he’s saying

I have Benin friends who bear tosin, odetola and speak yoruba very well. Even your oba of Benin understands yoruba
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Oyo ruled over Benin, Dahomey and it never lost any war. Dahomey is too small to bring Oyo down okay and Oyo through Ibadan warriors killed so many fulanis in osogbo in 1840

I'm coming

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

You’re the ones who doesn’t know what he’s saying

I have Benin friends who bear tosin, odetola and speak yoruba very well. Even your oba of Benin understands yoruba

U bear a English name?
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U bear a English name?
No yoruba name
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I'm coming
Well the article has no source, so it’s useless.

I can write the same thing you showed me and screenshot it to claim what’s not
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Christistruth00: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Let me shock you even more:

Benin, Dahomey , even Ashanti and the Ga of Ghana paid tribute to the Alaafin of Oyo in the days of Basorun Gaha

That partly explains how and why Basorun Gaha the Prime Minister became such an arrogant king maker ,king destroyer and tyrant .

Basorun Gaha may be the reason why Yoruba's hate but can wait patiently to outmanoeuvre despotic rulers. It cost 4 Alaafins their lives before the 5th Alaafin Abiodun outsmarted him and finally killed him burning. him to ashes.

He controlled all the territory from the West Bank of River Niger all the way to and including the Ashanti of Ghana and all the Coastline .
The territory was bounded in the North by the River Niger of the Bariba Country (Niger State)

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Goan read abt ur Oyo Empire... I don't want to disgrace coz obviously u are new here

Goan and find why ur Oyo Empire fell in the early 1800 and Benin was still referred to as a Empire as at 1897

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Well the article has no source, so it’s useless.

I can write the same thing you showed me and screenshot it to claim what’s not

Its Wikipedia

See the link to the book

https://archive.org/details/journalofseconde00inclap
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

No yoruba name

U have friends that bear English name?
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Mugu....

Dirty people

Ahhhhh

Nwanne this is harsh.

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by gregyboy(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U have friends that bear English name?

The guy is new, lol, thats why he dared sticking is head in my handpit,

He would calm down soon or later....

I would love you send him to go and read his history books and also learn how to debate issues, he clearly shows he was a guest before and he had to signin after seeing benin people uselessing his yoruba brothers, and he rushed to help thinking the rest will come out,
He sacrificed his home town, oyo state to be humiliated that was is biggest mistake i made him regret it,

Lol, the newbie on the block, he should start reading and stop talking ignorantly and sacrificing is state for bashing

Goodluck to him tho, the road he threads have been walked by many against the benins and they all failed and got consume by self hate and reproach i hope he doesn't get to that stage of no return, Etinosa1234 warn him

The screenshot clear

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by gregyboy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Ahhhhh

Nwanne this is harsh.

I swear it was too harsh, but he said d truth sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

History Of The Internet In Nigeria / Can Any Nigerian Man Look Like This Man (Pics Included) / Yorubas Lets Share Our Lineage Praises Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.