Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election (4711 Views)

12 Times President Buhari’s Swagg Game Was On Point As He Becomes 73 (Pics) / Ministerial List: Buhari Dumps 73 Nominees From States - The Sun / 895 Million Voters Use This Electronic Voting Machine In India(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Time2Think(f): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2011
lol
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by EzeUche2(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Gbam! This is the only way the revenue allocation can be somewhat fairly allocated because these false figures can never be corrected.

Well as someone said not too long ago, we should have parallel censuses like they do in Lagos state.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Time2Think(f): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well as someone said not too long ago, we should have parallel censuses like they do in Lagos state.

How?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Chyz2: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
EzeUche_:

I agree, ethnicity included. This shoulod be down in a less obvious way because when it comes to northerners cheating buy figure is second nature. I don't think census figures should be an ingredient in the determination of revenuee allocation at all. They should be completely separated. Revenue allocation based on density by the use of satellite would be much feasible.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by jason123: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2011
Chyz*:

I agree, ethnicity included. This shoulod be down in a less obvious way because when it comes to northerners cheating buy figure is second nature. I don't think census figures should be an ingredient in the determination of revenuee allocation at all. They should be completely separated. Revenue allocation based on density by the use of satellite would be much feasible.

What if the Northerners are still more than the SE? What will you do then??
What if it was the SE population that was over estimated and the North was under estimated?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Chyz2: 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2011
jason123:

What if it was the SE population that was over estimated and the North was under estimated?

Who said anything about the SE? Hop off and get intellectual.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by jason123: 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Who said anything about the SE? Hop off and get intellectual.
cheesy
Okay, what if they(north) were underestimated and the South was over-estimated. What will you all do then?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
When are we getting the supplementary list
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by fstranger3(m): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
A week before the election

But the cutoff would be 16 yrs of age ok
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by bkbabe97y(m): 2:46am On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

No- I am a geographer. I need to know how he wants to use satellite to obtain population density.

People simply talk and criticize without any viable fact to back up their criticism.

You dont know the uncouth illiterates youre dealing with. You'll find out soon tho. . . . . lol

Just to give you a few names EzeUche, Obiagu, Chyz, Komando, Eziachi, Dede1, MetalGong, Udezue, Andre Uwe, violent. . . well you already made his acquaintance. The rest will rear their heads soon, u just be calm!
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by agabaI23(m): 2:54am On Mar 05, 2011
Kano state

That is how we have those numbers in the north

Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 05, 2011
People (esp SWesterners) giddy with the high amount of SW voter register needa to understand that there is also high amount of Non-Yorubas in the SW. So assuming those numbers mean SW will vote for who is a mistake we should not make.

Not sure who said it or if it was even said on this thread, but I agree with that person who said votes/ federal aid should not be based on popl of a region. True words. Nigerians are mixing and moving around, so dont let the numbers confuse you.

Somehow I like the idea of Hausas/Fulanis (the educated and less violent ones) abiding in the SW. . . .  it would [b]also [/b]help get rid of idea of boko harams, let the Lagos Area boys deal with his people.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by apoti(m): 6:44am On Mar 05, 2011
Welcome becomerich grin
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2011
apoti:

Welcome becomerich grin

I'm not becomrich, but I'm his first wife. Is there a problem?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by ekubear1: 8:22am On Mar 05, 2011
What happened in Niger State
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by vinooh: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2011
jason123:

i did not know that such population of people still live in SE,bros in CAMEROON,GHANA, asia america not to menson other of nigeria THESE PEOPLE ARE
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by vinooh: 8:44am On Mar 05, 2011
vinooh:

i did not know that such population of people still live in SE,bros in CAMEROON,GHANA, asia america not to menson other PARTS of nigeria THESE PEOPLE ARE EVERY WHERE
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by vinooh: 8:48am On Mar 05, 2011
[/quote][quote author=eku_bear link=topic=616928.msg7848968#msg7848968 date=1299309722]
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by monkeyleg: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2011
Very Large figures. Hard to believe that more that half the population registered or is eligible to vote, not taking into account those in diaspora??
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by fstranger3(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2011
There are very few people in the diaspora, tops 5 million. Very inconsequential IMO
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by monkeyleg: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2011
Not very true, I would say a conservative estimate would be about 10million. Forgotten 2 millions Nigerians were sent back some time ago from one African country, cant quite remember the name
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by kettykin: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2011
The population only attracts 3% of the total budget while population density attracts 3% of the budget too .

For budget of =N= 4.5 trillion
Population = 135 billion
Population density = 135 billion
Nigerdelta fund 13%
= 585 billion for 8 states

If Nigerians can be smart enough to focus on profitable businesses that would go on to be major foreign revenue earners and stop depending on Fed allocation. Then all these population lies would stop

Isreal is just 10 million and is equivalent to the popultation of the south west that will vote
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Ericology(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2011
fstranger3:

You have to be Ibo to understand

The rest of Nigeria is against the Ibos. Thats why they now need satellite

U are really becoming pathetic the way u Igbonise every topic here, must u always sound dis stupid?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by ziccoit: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2011
Assuming you people are right about majority of SW population is non-Yorubas especially the Igbos, fine.
It is also goes that the Igbos' natural territorial district does not go beyond  SE+SS. The same applies that what makes up SE+SS population are non-Igbos but Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Donmeca(m): 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2011
I am alarmed by the figures for some northern states, the change in Niger especially (over 200% increase?). How can INEC explain that? DDC machine or human error? or is it governor's error/correction?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by agabaI23(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2011
You dey mind them?
I was expecting a reduction of the number after screening and what we had is increase. JEGA is only one person and can only accept what he is told.

But I am afraid he may miss it.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by Pharoh: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2011
eku_bear:

I am very shocked too and to think that screening is now increasing the number of voters instead of reducing it in almost all the states.

Wahala dey ooo .    shocked
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by sbeezy8: 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
ziccoit:

Assuming you people are right about majority of SW population is non-Yorubas especially the Igbos, fine.
It is also goes that the Igbos' natural territorial district does not go beyond SE+SS. The same applies that what makes up SE+SS population are non-Igbos but Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas

SW majority being non yoruba is hilarious i wonder did the yoruba die in the last years, did they all of a sudden stop having children? did 60% of them move abroad?

i mean how do people reason?
as far as i kno SW is OVERWHELMINGLY YORUBA.- if not everyone would not be speaken yoruba in the SW.

Ileke-IdI:

People (esp SWesterners) giddy with the high amount of SW voter register needa to understand that there is also high amount of Non-Yorubas in the SW. So assuming those numbers mean SW will vote for who is a mistake we should not make.

Not sure who said it or if it was even said on this thread, but I agree with that person who said votes/ federal aid should not be based on popl of a region. True words. Nigerians are mixing and moving around, so dont let the numbers confuse you.

Somehow I like the idea of Hausas/Fulanis (the educated and less violent ones) abiding in the SW. . . . it would [b]also [/b]help get rid of idea of boko harams, let the Lagos Area boys deal with his people.

this makes absolutely no sense - there has never been a high amount of non yoruba compared to yoruba in the SW maybe Lagos but the SW as a whole no. where did all the yoruba people go? are you telling me that hausa ibo minorities left thier states to come live in the SW Ogun Osun Lagos Ondo etc . . .

The SW vote is determined by SW people not by non yorubas living in it. can Kano states direction ever be determined by the high amount of non hausa-fulani? no everyone knows. Kaduna Kano are probably more diverse than lagos.- yet they remain NW strongholds

edo state is VERY diverse yet the vote that determines everything in the state are the edos themselves- no matter how many urhobos yoruba ibos hausas move there

tho people move to the north first the sw second. there isnt enough non hausas-fulani to sway NW votes, and the same applies to the WHOLE SW(Lagos ondo ekiti osun ogun etc)

every non yoruba can vote in the SW different from a yoruba it still wont be able to do anything- when nigeria goes to election and goodluck gets votes it wont be because non yorubas voted for it will be because yorubas voted for him. GEJ has atleast 35% of yorubas just because hes PDP and there are no GOOD YORUBA CANDIDATE RUNNING.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by fstranger3(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^

I dont think Ileke was being serious.

If she was, then that post exposed her ignorance of the demographics of the SW. It could be because she has lived in Obodo-oyinbo for far too long or may be she never actually lived in Nigeria. Either ways, that post counts as the most ignorant post I have come across inmy life.
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by 9ijaMan: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2011
sbeezy8:

GEJ has atleast 35% of yorubas just because hes PDP and there are no GOOD YORUBA CANDIDATE RUNNING.
And what's the basis of your claim?
Re: Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election by sbeezy8: 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

I dont think Ileke was being serious.

If she was, then that post exposed her ignorance of the demographics of the SW. It could be because she has lived in Obodo-oyinbo for far too long or may be she never actually lived in Nigeria. Either ways, that post counts as the most ignorant post I have come across inmy life.
^^^^ i hope she is

@ poster clown
NLers are dreamers when it comes to Lagos i know as many GEJ supporters who are yoruba as ever. even my parents support that CLOWN GEJ at the national level-but will vote fashola

and GEJ winning Lagos means nothing about demographic, 30-40%of yoruba in lagos will vote PDP anyway (after all AD split into pdp/ac/lb)- everyone knows that

I support ACN but in all honesty the dummy GEJ is better than Ribadu and maybe buhari.

I'll vote ACN for presido if its Fashola. most yoruba peeps IN NIGERIA or frequent visitors KNO Ribadu aint ready to be president and Tinubu/ACN kno that themselves they dont expect him to win. they dont wanna  F@@@ up like AD did by not having presidential candidate which split the party.

if anything buhari is more popular in the SW than ribadu and Fashola is more popular then both.

if everyone in the SW including lagos voted based on tribal lines then the CLEAR majority would be yoruba.duh but yoruba votes since the fall of AD will be split between AD, LP PDP, and even ANPP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect / PDP Presidential Rally In Akure Rounded Up In Shame? / Breaking: Former Delta Governor Ibori Secretely Released From London Prison?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.