Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381211 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Phema:
^^^^^Submit and take your passport with you to the interview.Can you reduce the font size now? Thank you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
So I had my appointment with financial yesterday. Got d old package of $2,888. D sweet part is dat I can use d 250 rebate for my son's circumcision n just add $10. Circumcision costs $260! So in effect d whole thing is $2638! Adonbilivit! Lol! D staff r nice too! This is gonna be good! So I av doctors appointment today (someone just cancelled!). Let me see aw dat goes too. I better get d baby shopping over with becos I av a feeling this baby is gonna come earlier than EDD so dat I can get back home ASAP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Also dat Monterra apartment is really close to d hosp, closer than Ocotillo village which is inturn closer than extended stay, east oak. Monterra also looks nicer too. U can actually walk into d clinic from Monterra. But personally prefer ESA, east oak. Closer to shopping malls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Freshface:
So I had my appointment with financial yesterday. Got d old package of $2,888. D sweet part is dat I can use d 250 rebate for my son's circumcision n just add $10. Circumcision costs $260! So in effect d whole thing is $2638! Adonbilivit! Lol! D staff r nice too! This is gonna be good! So I av doctors appointment today (someone just cancelled!). Let me see aw dat goes too. I better get d baby shopping over with becos I av a feeling this baby is gonna come earlier than EDD so dat I can get back home ASAP!

So, you were able to get Dr's appointment for today? That was fast. Give us update when you're done with them.

Have you hooked up with some Extended stay mamas now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
[quote author=Pricelessamzy post=27159129]Good morning everyone!

It seem none is going to Indianapolis on this forum! Can't seem to find any hospital. And my cousin that stays in Indianapolis is telling me about $10k for normal delivery and $15k for CS! Would appreciate if anyone can help out.

Hello Dear, most of the information we are lucky to benefit from this forum were researched and googled by others.I will advise that you google hospitals around Indianapolis and make some calls.Give or take,it could take you one week but it will mean that you will help yourself as well as helping someone in future.Anybody that will give you any information which is not here is lucky to have heard or is going to google the info for you.Just thought to let you know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrFox1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello house please i need your advice and its kind of urgent. My sister is planning to have her baby in the USA early next year and she is yet to get the visa. she is already in touch with the hospital she wants to use over there and they are willing to give her a letter to the embassy as long as she pays part of her hospital and Dr fees, that means she will tell them at the embassy she is going to have a baby since she will get a letter and at the POE . Her questions are:
1.what should she fill on d DS-160 form as visa type? B1/B2 or B2
2.Does she need a letter of invite from the person she will be staying with, if yes what should the letter state.

Thanks so much for ur reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
PLS what visa type do i choose for my 2yr old son? purely tourist or tourist/medical? thanks mummy phema
Phema:
^^^^^Submit and take your passport with you to the interview.

Can you reduce the font size now? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
ocman:
PLS what visa type do i choose for my 2yr old son? purely tourist or tourist/medical? thanks mummy phema

Tourist and medicals are grouped together as B2. That's what you should choose for him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
helo people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
@Flowers, sorry for the delayed response, hope it's not too late. I used my friend's email to register on NL after the tsunami and she says she's been receiving mails from you. I just replied and I've sent the number.

@damsel, Biko sorry too. Congrats on the arrival of your little one. I had a similar experience as Snowles as I virtually begged for the pathologist bill. Please keep calling the numbers of better still ask for an email address to send your a mail to so you can have a tangible proof of your willingness to pay just in case you still are not able to pay. That was what my friend did as the pathology people kept telling her they didn't have her name or baby's name on their records meaning she wasn't owing.

@miri7b5n, I ended up paying $750 dolls for my baby cos I bought the ticket the day I travelled. It's better to buy early o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
mummy phema: in booking appoitment, how do i do a group booking for my family and secondly will i be given options of date to choose from? by the corner of the webpage, i can see this "First Available Appointment Is Thursday November 6, 2014". Is this the only available date?
Phema:

Tourist and medicals are grouped together as B2. That's what you should choose for him.
, OK ANSWERED
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello all, pls do I need a British visa 2 fly wit BA. Den apart from now wen do u tink it's d beest time 2 purchase ticket 4 nxt year Jan ending.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Pricelessamzy:
It seem none is going to Indianapolis on this forum! Can't seem to find any hospital. And my cousin that stays in Indianapolis is telling me about $10k for normal delivery and $15k for CS! Would appreciate if anyone can help out.

Elkhart General Hospital, Indiana. Maternity package plan of $4,280 including Dr's fees but excluding lab tests, Paediatrician fees, anaethesiologist fees and epidural. You should check them out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Freshface:

I really envy u right now.....chai! Wat a bonanza
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ayosmum: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello house, got into Washington Dulles today via Emirates. The journey with Emirates was splendid, before getting my boarding pass, one of their staff approached me and asked if I was pregnant, I said yes and he requested to see my "fit to fly" report, filled and signed the Ebola form and the customs guys asked what goods I had, told them some, they checked a bag and nicely asked for PR, I gave 1k because they were nice and also because I carried some prohibited food stuffs. Did the immigration screening and they also asked for PR, this time I use play escape am. Before we boarded, one of the air host approached me again and asked if I was pregnant, showed him my "fit to fly" report, then the VIP treatment started. They changed our seat, and gave us all sorts of drinks and food (my sister and daughter). We arrived Dubai, had a 19 hrs layover,of which we were accommodated, fed and transported back to the airport. Started the 2nd leg of the journey, same VIP treatment, the journey was 14 hours to DC. Before the plane landed I did a light makeup and asked God for favour. We were the first to land and I think the immigration guys just resumed, I was called upon and our conversation was as follows:
Officer: Hello Ma'am
Me: Gud morning Sir
Officer: What are you here for
Me: Vacation, shopping and to have my baby
Officer: Congrats, have you made any payment?
Me: No, showed him the mail from Alba regarding my appt with the FC and also the new maternity package
Officer: Why did you choose the US, is it because of the good healthcare, I said yes.
Officer: Will you stay with family?
Me: No, booked an extended stay for a week, intend to rent a place
Officer: I see you declared ***** amount, stamps my daughter and I 6 months, sends us for secondary inspection.
2nd Officer: where do you work and why are you here
Me: I work at xxxx, am here to have my baby
2nd officer: how much do you have
Me: told him, he gave me a form to fill and told me to go wishing me a safe delivery. He did not check my bags and I had all sorts including palm oil. Everything was less than 10 mins.
Conclusion: don't lie, be confident, and lots of cash helps if you have food stuff (one of us mentioned that) and above all, Na Baba God sure pass.
Na wa see the chronicles wey I write, crossland phoenix mama's I hail o, Abeg una sister dey come on the 23rd of oct please show some love. I learnt a lot from this forum and I just had to give back. Thank you all.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^^^ Yeeeee! I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank God for a safe trip.

E be like say na to declare 10k plus sure pass oooo. Even if na $10,010. cheesy That way, they will take their eyes off all the yam and palm oil grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Freshface:

wait o. there is a rebate of $250. saaaayyyyy whaaaaatttt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
Phema:

E be like say na to declare 10k plus sure pass oooo. Even if na $10,010. cheesy That way, they will take their eyes off all the yam and palm oil grin

They need your money noni. Oya o January - March 2015 mamas where are we going to lodge. Accommodations may go up because Phoenix is hosting the super bowl in February.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
THIS IS THE BEST QYUESTION SO FAR. MUMMY Raii please take two bottles of smirnoff for my head. so, where are we gonna stay? igwe bu ike (there is strength in alliance).
raii:

They need your money noni. Oya o January - March 2015 mamas where are we going to lodge. Accommodations may go up because Phoenix is hosting the super bowl in February.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
you are most welcomed!

Na wa see the chronicles wey I write, crossland phoenix mama's I hail o, Abeg una sister dey come on the 23rd of oct please show some love. I learnt a lot from this forum and I just had to give back. Thank you all.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Are you still coming to Phoenix, if yes, when are you coming?
Phema:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
wumicipm:
Are you still coming to Phoenix, if yes, when are you coming?

Yes ofcourse! Will be there last week of November. Just in time for black friday shopping. grin Shey you go still dey around ooo?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
I go still dey ooo....till then sha
Phema:

Yes ofcourse! Will be there last week of November. Shey you go still dey around ooo?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
ocman:
THIS IS THE BEST QYUESTION SO FAR. MUMMY Raii please take two bottles of smirnoff for my head. so, where are we gonna stay? igwe bu ike (there is strength in alliance).

Thanks ocman.I would google ocotillo and Montserrat tmrw.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
[quote author=Olhar post=27149792]@ dakotchic...
Good to hear this about dr oduro....
I'm not in ATL per se. I'm at milton,it's in north fulton county.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
[quote author=ogonnan post=27152210]

hey, i was there today too... at about 12. yea the guy is cool... although "induction" too dey sweet am for mouth

Ya I saw you and a man. I was with 2 kids! And I remember seeing your name too-uziwn og(sharp me tongue)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
still looking for something cool
raii:

Thanks ocman.I would google ocotillo and Montserrat tmrw.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.