Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380126 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
I can see that the ads are flooding in again indirectly.

Please if you want to place an ad here for yourself or on behalf anybody then contact nairaland admin to discuss that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
Santa2:

She left at 28 weeks got there and was able to negotiate with them. She paid her cash upfront didn't use epidural, had normal delivery without complications. She said she continually kept negotiating. She's away right now but I would contact her for detailed info.

@folusho2001..saw a mail from you but it was blank (abi na me no sabi use this nairaland well grin)

@lipsyred your best bet would be to send a letter to the embassy informing them on your intent to give birth in the US. get their standard reply then @ POE you tell them coming to have your baby using the letter as your reference, countless mums have done that here and have been successful. By God's grace yours would be one of those. My advise would be to go through the thread all over again ( yea it might be hectic but trust me when I say it would be worth it).. My two cent

hello santa2. Thankhs for all your informative posts. Please i intent using methodist sugarland. Can you provide some info on accomodation in that area or more specifically, the accomodation you used.
Also, what are the tests you took with you?were they required to be in any particular format.
Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
Blogerina, Dr Hyunh's package states particular tests at different gestation weeks. Do I begin doing them now eventhough I have passed some of the weeks or do only d final ones?

Did you get my PM?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello Raii, Why not send the doctor's office an email?
Alternatively you can click on my name and read my previous posts. I haven't checked my email acct so I haven't seen your pm.

Also, if anyone has directed a question at me in the last couple of days, pls do not think am being rude by not responding. I just prefer to refrain from answering questions that have been answered previously on this post. Kindly read, take notes and ask informed questions.

***now where's my groundnut Make I dey read dey go...
Cheers

quote author=raii post=27193366]Blogerina, Dr Hyunh's package states particular tests at different gestation weeks. Do I begin doing them now eventhough I have passed some of the weeks or do only d final ones?

Did you get my PM?[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
Bloggerina na so so laugh idey laugh. you be kwaret babe..... Guys take out time to read Abeg aint no bady gat time for such!

bloggerina:
Why not send the doctor's office an email?
Alternatively you can click on my name and read my previous post. There's more than enough info there mama, free of charge.
Also, if anyone has directed a question at me in the last couple of days, pls do not think am being rude by not responding. I just prefer to refrain from answering questions that have been answered previously on this post. Kindly read, take notes and ask informed questions.
***now where's my groundnut Make I dey read dey go...
Cheers
quote author=raii post=27193366]Blogerina, Dr Hyunh's package states particular tests at different gestation weeks. Do I begin doing them now eventhough I have passed some of the weeks or do only d final ones?
Did you get my PM?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
[quote author=dakotchic post=27176626][/quote]

lol.... very sharp you. yea i saw the two kids and two adults smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
mimibe:

Pls guys this is just an estimate o, contact their bill unit and get itemized quote! They can come up with all sort!

hiya... did you use them? have you gotten your bill yet? abeg what kind of things should we look out for?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
So as an Ijebu geh, I called these Monterra apartments people. The place looked really cool as fresh face said, e come cheap die. $615 per month!! Unbels? I know right!! Unfortunately, they won't have an open spot till December first week. The only open apartments for now are three bedroom apartments.. Wetin I wan take am do? To apply though as an out-towner, you get to apply physically and they do a background check on u(dunno how they intend to do that though). One can call in and they scan their application form to you so they can start all that before you get to Arizona. The online application doesn't work for international applicants..
December MIHS mamas, hope this helps..According to fresh face, you can actually stroll to the clinic from there and reviews online are good too.
xoxo!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
twizzie:
So as an Ijebu geh, I called these Monterra apartments people. The place looked really cool as fresh face said, e come cheap die. $615 per month!! Unbels? I know right!! Unfortunately, they won't have an open spot till December first week. The only open apartments for now are three bedroom apartments.. Wetin I wan take am do? To apply though as an out-towner, you get to apply physically and they do a background check on u(dunno how they intend to do that though). One can call in and they scan their application form to you so they can start all that before you get to Arizona. The online application doesn't work for international applicants..
December MIHS mamas, hope this helps..According to fresh face, you can actually stroll to the clinic from there and reviews online are good too.
xoxo!!!

This one that you have to apply in person. If u reach there and space no come dey or their checks come out negative. That's not cool o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
bloggerina:
Hello Raii, Why not send the doctor's office an email?
Alternatively you can click on my name and read my previous posts. I haven't checked my email acct so I haven't seen your pm.

Also, if anyone has directed a question at me in the last couple of

I read all ur posts and I have notes on them too so your reply kinda stings. I'd mail the office. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
2MINS DRIVE...
twizzie:
xoxo!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
You can call in prior to your arrival and ask them to scan the application form to you. This allows them to run their checks before your arrival. Also, they will tell you if they have an available spot or not.
raii:

This one that you have to apply in person. If u reach there and space no come dey or their checks come out negative. That's not cool o.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello Raii,
I have said I prefer to chop my groundnut, watch wendy williams show & watch others have a go at stinging questions but it looks like you want to vex so let me go ahead and vex too.

I have answered your questions and provided invaluable, time & stress saving info more than I have done for any other person on this thread! Instead you are asking me to type lengthy info for you all over again (which I painstakingly type on my small bb keypad.

On sept 25th at 3:02pm I specifically gave you the 411 on those tests and you are now asking me jamb questions less than one month after. So I wasted my time answering you b4 abi? Now you are saying my response kinda stings! Excuse me, b4 nko? Make i dey smile abi? Your repetitive question stung even more! And yes, I am angry!!!
You pple shld just read or leave me out of it abeg. Wetin sef? Is it easy to come here everyday and help others? Upon all dem still talk say I dey sting, am I an insect? No be una fault. I blame pdp and acn for nigeria's problems. If naija was better, we no no go dey here dey chat abt how to born for yankee. Infact...back to my groundnut and wendy williams.

Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:02pm On Sep 25
bloggerina: Hello,
Email correspondence is a simple matter. Just send an email to obgynh@yahoo.com introducung yourself and asking if dr huynh can accept you as a patient etc. They'll respond with a breakdown of prices and ask you to send your medical records. Finally they book your appointment on an agreed date. That entire mail chain is your email correspondence. Just print it out.

Fax or scan ur medical records to them. Just scan it to your pc, attach to that your mail chain and send to them. You will need EVERYTHING in your antenatal file. Your hospital in naija shld be able to send you a soft copy and also write you a medical report.

Dr Huynh's office will send you a list of all the tests they want you to do. Full blood count (CBC complete, ultrasound scan, hepatitis b (HBSAG), hiv, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphillis, rubella, papsmear, urinalysis, blood group. Genotype (Haemoglobin), Glucose Tolerance Test (to rule out gestational diabetes) etc. Most of them are part of your routine antenatal care so you should have done them already. Otherwise, go ahead and do the test here then scan your resylts to them. If you are unable to get some done(as I suspect) tell dem you will do the remaining in america when you come. Dr Huynh is very thorough. She doesn't compromise on all those tests because she needs to accurately diagnose any hidden issues which they tend to overlook in naija. She actually studies ur medical report and somehow manages to fish out any potential complications, if u wanna use her as ur doctor, help yaself and just do as she says. Do as many tests as you can in naija and complete d rest when u get to her office at most. If you go to any mushoom lab/hospital here, she will reject most of your naija test results and make u re-do dem in america which wld eventually cost you more.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
Phema mama,
Please how do I send your own groundnut? You go need am because na only you go dey answer jamb questions o. You are too nice. Wen I grow up, am gonna be nice like you!
Not today tho, not today.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
bloggerina:
Hello Raii,
I have said I prefer to chop my groundnut, watch wendy williams show & watch others have a go at stinging questions but it looks like you want to vex so let me go ahead and vex
On sept 25th at 3:02pm I specifically gave you the 411 on those tests and you are now asking me jamb questions less than one month after. So I wasted my time answering you b4 abi? Now you are saying my response kinda stings! Excuse me, b4 nko? Make i dey smile abi? Your repetitive question stung even more! And yes, I am angry!!!
You pple shld just read or leave me out of it abeg. Wetin sef? Is it easy to come here everyday and help others?
Cheers
Blogger, you need to take it easy on her. To err is human. People can ask you questions several times if they feel a sense of kinship with you and sometimes maybe they just forgot. And don't forget we are dealing with preggy mama's here,a lot of hormonal changes are taking place,so expect the unexpected questions.

But raii you too can ask question for africa, you wan take this thing write project? grin but she no get choice than to answer you sha. If she refuse we will seize her groundnut. Pele, One love

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
Lol! Tvegas u funny die! Abeg Bloggerina n Raii, ice water abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
Lol and the soap opera continues. Pls shift for me phema and Co. , I need to bring my pop corn and ice cold Pepsi to watch front row seat.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
Freshface:
Lol! Tvegas u funny die! Abeg Bloggerina n Raii, ice water abeg.
My paddy, How are you? I can see that lonely sting is gone. Praise the lord. Extend my greetings to every mama for yonder.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ermmm my people una dey try sha! In d mean time I don grab my popcorn, peanuts, pepsi and Eva water join cross leg dey watch!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
@ lisamarris, we haven't gone yet..should leave mid-november (meant to stay with family), I think you should google extended stay in sugarland and check it out for the period you would be there. I can understand your desperation.Just take a deep breath and calm down. You can also check out intown suite too. I think a lot of people using houston usually have family thereto might explain why u ain't getting lot of answers. Try that out..any hiccups you can pm me. No worry I no dey chop groundnut. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hmmm. Apparently, I overreacted.
I'm sorry Raii, really. Pls no vex abeg. Am truly sorry. Why didn't I rephrase my answer or betterstill cool down? I'm sorry please.

To answer your question specifically, I typed a list of tests which the doctor will expect you to do in naija. I reposted the details on this page for you. You will do as many as you can b4 you travel. That's the way its done. As long as you are in your 3rd trimester, gestational age/timing shldnt be an issue. Any test you can't do here, you will be able to do in america (and pay separately). Any other question you have, I will answer you speciaLly biko., even if you repeat your questions. No vex

Pls send me your number by email, I would like to call you and apologise.

I'm sorry once again mama. My response was uncalled for.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
you cross leg for crossland studios? all these mamas: raii(u hv alws answered my questions), blogger (a.k.a burgger), tvgers, madameU(that gave me number wey no dey go, i don call sotey EmtyHen warned seriously reminding me that nigeria n south africa dey beef. Phema(the dove, meek, tolerant and patient mum. you get long suffering oh i no go lie you. i love you all. pass me that groundnut and bread, i dey watch tales by moonlight. may you all put to bed like hebrew women. amen!!!!
MadameU:
Ermmm my people una dey try sha! In d mean time I don grab my popcorn, peanuts, pepsi and Eva water join cross leg dey watch!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
For accomodation in houston, pls send me a PM so I can give you the contact I have. I don't wanna put it here so it doesn't look like advert/agency tinz.
Also, someone mentioned here b4 that a friend of hers rents her home to preggies for naija. She actually gave the details, if you can scan thru previous pages, I don't think uncle justwise deleted that post.
Hope this helps...
Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
good mummy with good heart. Raii accept and show some hug with smiles.. grin
bloggerina:
Hmmm. Apparently, I overreacted.
I'm sorry Raii, really. Pls no vex abeg. Am truly sorry. Why didn't I rephrase my answer or betterstill cool down? I'm sorry please.

To answer your question specifically, I typed a list of tests which the doctor will expect you to do in naija. I reposted the details on this page for you. You will do as many as you can b4 you travel. That's the way its done. As long as you are in your 3rd trimester, gestational age/timing shldnt be an issue. Any test you can't do here, you will be able to do in america (and pay separately). Any other question you have, I will answer you speciaLly biko., even if you repeat your questions. No vex

Pls send me your number by email, I would like to call you and apologise.

I'm sorry once again mama. My response was uncalled for.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 1:13am On Oct 17, 2014
People please help a sister....

Pls what is the fastest process for getting a U.S passport for baby in the Maryland/Washington area?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2014
bloggerina:
Hmmm. Apparently, I overreacted.I'm sorry Raii, really. Pls no vex abeg. Am truly sorry. Why didn't I rephrase my answer or betterstill cool down? I'm sorry please.I'm sorry once again mama.
Weldone, that's the spirit. Senior no dey vex anyhow. Infact next time you vex like that,you will not taste that your groundnut again. Come and take brotherly hug.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2014
Hello all, please those that intend or had used Dr. La, Dr. Jeannie Huynh or Dr. Fagbohun.....do any of them accept deposit before booking appointment for patients and how much?

Thankss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2014
Santa2:
@ lisamarris, we haven't gone yet..should leave mid-november (meant to stay with family), I think you should google extended stay in sugarland and check it out for the period you would be there. I can understand your desperation.Just take a deep breath and calm down. You can also check out intown suite too. I think a lot of people using houston usually have family thereto might explain why u ain't getting lot of answers. Try that out..any hiccups you can pm me. No worry I no dey chop groundnut. grin

thanks a lot. you are soooo funny.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Mehn, this place be like JAMB examination centre.

Questions everywere. LOL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2014
no one to peep from? peep from me and phema, na open book exam we dey ni
MerryMom:
Mehn, this place be like JAMB examination centre.

Questions everywere. LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.