Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382339 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2014
@Nobody,

I think I agree with you to best ignore than insult fellow adults on a free board forum who no one pays for.You never know the story behind the other side so please be slow to judge and push away. This is being taught in a lot of emotional intelligence/team work/conflict mgmt trainings out there.

I read through the whole pages and coz of the background I have on boards such as this but others may just bump in and see pple asking questions and others receiving answers and they'll just take a go at it.

It would have been easy if a welcome page pops up when joining to share the ground rules but since we have none,members are left to intution to determine the next line of action and mind you,intuition is build based on experiences so if I have never visited such a board, i would just draw my conclusion of interaction based on the first set of information I see.

What I am trying,either ignore,politely answer the question or enlighten the new member on the ground rules

Please,I and my wife go rejected recently also and want to re-apply.I tried sending you an IM but your profile name is not hyper-linked which is weird which translates to you being an administrator or the system malfunctioned.Can you please send me an IM . Want to ask further details which may help in the next interview.Information is never enough

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2014
@mabels

Please enough of this war of words going on here, you have spent ages arguing about this rather than using that time to read through materials already here.

Many in the past were told to read few pages back and they get on with it without staging a scene about it, i really don't know what you want to get out of this argument.

I do tell people sometimes to take their time to read existing material here because practically everything you want to know about giving birth in US and getting a visa is here already. Many many Q&A here are over repeated.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2014
This same argument again? Way I see it, if you can respond to the questions, go right ahead. If you can't, please ignore (like yours truly). When they get tired of posting these repeated questions without response, they will do the needful.

And please, for some people that sent me PMs, don't be offended I did not reply. I've received more than 10 PMs in two days and I honestly can not keep up with everyone. Moreover, most keep asking same questions and its draining. You should please post your questions here (ofcourse, after you must have gone through the thread) so you get diverse opinions. No one knows it all.

However, if it is something very personal, you can mention me here and we can take it from there.

Happy sunday everyone. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
Justwise, I got mentioned in the hidden posts. You for let me see am before you hide am na. You sef no dey sleep or go church? tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Phema:
Justwise, I got mentioned in the hidden posts. You for let me see am before you hide am na. You sef no dey sleep or go church? tongue
Are you typing from church?

Its 11.15am here now....the clock has gone an hr back....no church for me today.

Reviewing the hidden posts will only derail this thread more...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
justwise:
[/b]Reviewing the hidden posts will only derail this thread more...

No wahala. Was just wondering why I was mentioned in a post you had to hide.

Its all good. . .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
tenic09:
Easy man!...

I am not struggling O! I posted that comment because of the member quoted below who related similar ordeal a week ago and never showed up again to educate us on why she was deported at the Point of entry. Whether you like it or not ,a little seed of fear was sown in my mind with that post. So if i beg this new poster to clarify her "Terrible Point Of Entry Experience" is it bad? If She took 8 lines to introduce herself ,explain her circumstance and asked for excel sheet and i thought she could also spare 4 lines to summarise her POE experience. Is it too much to ask?.

Besides, the Genomi sharing excel sheet with everyone, has she gone through the Point of entry herself? Isn't it fair if i say they should exchange some information?. Finally i already prostrated and begged the woman in advance incase she finds my comment offensive,because I can be very wrong,I am not always right. Cheers

pinkpantha:
last month i was refused entry to the USA at the George Bush Airport in Houston and turned back at 28 weeks pregnant and my visa cancelled, i reapplied and the good Lord intervened and my visa was granted without much hassle… i travelled again at 38 weeks (risky i know), i wasn't even asked for a letter from my drs when i boarded the flight… Just recently i delivered my baby girl in Houston… [/b] smiley

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
lizcom25:
With joy and glory to God we announce the safe delivery of our baby girl on Saturday 25th October at about 9pm at Del so Medical Elpaso.
Congratulations Baba, Special Shout Out to your lovely wife and baby. You should join her ASAP.

Heart2heart:
Tvegas, you would make a good moderator but did you see where she said she would drop her POE experience latter (a promise)? grin
Well, Nairaland cant afford my salary. I be Iyalode Secretary , My take home is in 6 figures,let me pass on that appointment. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
God mrn house...pls those of us using doctor fagbohun...I contacted him yst via email and he replied me with an attachment of the cost of each services..and also included some lab test that has to be done..I asked him if its necessary to do all d lab test before getting an appointment as I will be applying by Dec and I don't think I can do those tests at once cos each has stages..
He replied back ......"""Kindly bring your results with you at your first visit.  No prepayments accepted and appointments are made after arrival in Houston.  All you need for the embassy and POE are copies of our email communications, the attachment and your funds in cash.""""""
Am now a bit confused cos I read here that 3 things from d doc re very important wen going for interview..appointment letter,letter of responsibility and email correspondence ...
Now he stated I will need only the email conversations..pls those that av been to d embassy say something

Madam the Dr hasn't told you anything wrong. Print out the outline of payments expected that he sent to you as well as your correspondence with him; that is very sufficient for your application.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mwams: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tvegas:

I am not struggling O! I posted that comment because of the member quoted below who related similar ordeal a week ago and never showed up again to educate us on why she was deported at the Point of entry. Whether you like it or not ,a little seed of fear was sown in my mind with that post. So if i beg this new poster to clarify her "Terrible Point Of Entry Experience" is it bad? If She took 8 lines to introduce herself ,explain her circumstance and asked for excel sheet and i thought she could also spare 4 lines to summarise her POE experience. Is it too much to ask?.

Besides, the Genomi sharing excel sheet with everyone, has she gone through the Point of entry herself? Isn't it fair if i say they should exchange some information?. Finally i already prostrated and begged the woman in advance incase she finds my comment offensive,because I can be very wrong,I am not always right. Cheers

Personally I just thought the story didn't make sense because if she allegedly was deported last month at 28 weeks, she cant have possibly travelled this month at 38 weeks......

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Many congrats @lizcom. God be praised and may all the still expecting moms deliver safely, Amen. I just want to reach out to @Imo and @bomly, I'm thankful to God for ur successful outcomes in spite of every. Pls let us know how y'all decide to proceed in terms of resolving the financial and medical responsibilities issues. Regards to the all in the house

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks to all my family here.@Tvegas I don buy my ticket am off on Friday to arrive Saturday morning for the naming by RCCG there. But my return ticket with United na 390k (Lagos to houston to elpaso). Delta awoof don finish when madam tell me she don dey see signs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Boldbode(m): 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tvegas:
Your situation is a bit clear, sorry about the denial though. Probably The VO is not convinced you have the financial muscle to pay the bills that comes with childbirth. Let's do some calculation , your combined salary is 300k X 12 = N3.6 million. Because you are travelling as a couple, For normal delivery you may spend about N2.4 mill and for CS you can spend up to N3.6 mill. So he thinks how will you cope with these bills?. Besides you are travelling to Richmond, one of the wealthiest and expensive suburbs of Houston.

All Visa officers believe you should have some excess in your account after all bills are paid. The travelling experience you don't have may also count. My conclusion is, you should have allowed your wife apply alone and both of you act as sponsors. If You Want to reapply together you should wait a little for the situation to change.

Thank you so much Tvegas.
We are going to wait. .....
Might also consider a tourist visa with baby by God's grace next year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
@Tvegas you need to think before writing not just post whatever comes to your mind. First, did you not read that I am sick and will write the poe story later? Second, you think every poe story can be summarised into 4 lines? Third, I could just come up here and say thanks to everyone. Say I have been a silent reader just like many people do here and then ask my question and no one would ever know I hard a poe story to share. So the fact that I mentioned it means I am willing to give back.

I won't even let you spoil my joy of feeling a bit better these days. Please just try to think before you post always.

Tvegas:

Sorry about your health ma,wish you quick recovery. But I feel you should have shared your POE story at once to educate others instead of postponing it so those travelling won't harbor fears for POE. And you are already asking for the excel sheet without sharing yours,if the thread operates that way I don't think it will grow. It's my Opinion o, please don't be offended.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
Genomi, pls help with the spreadsheet abeg. Tanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hormones everywhere grin lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:
@Nobody,

I think I agree with you to best ignore than insult fellow adults on a free board forum who no one pays for.You never know the story behind the other side so please be slow to judge and push away. This is being taught in a lot of emotional intelligence/team work/conflict mgmt trainings out there.

I read through the whole pages and coz of the background I have on boards such as this but others may just bump in and see pple asking questions and others receiving answers and they'll just take a go at it.

It would have been easy if a welcome page pops up when joining to share the ground rules but since we have none,members are left to intution to determine the next line of action and mind you,intuition is build based on experiences so if I have never visited such a board, i would just draw my conclusion of interaction based on the first set of information I see.

What I am trying,either ignore,politely answer the question or enlighten the new member on the ground rules

Please,I and my wife go rejected recently also and want to re-apply.I tried sending you an IM but your profile name is not hyper-linked which is weird which translates to you being an administrator or the system malfunctioned.Can you please send me an IM . Want to ask further details which may help in the next interview.Information is never enough

Exactly, list out pages if you can,answer if you can or totally turn a blind eye...no matter how much one complains people will still ask repeated questions...at least if you list out pages those who refuse to read must read. i can imagine reading several pages for several repeated questions(all na reading)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mwams: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
PetMe13:
@Tvegas you need to think before writing not just post whatever comes to your mind. First, did you not read that I am sick and will write the poe story later? Second, you think every poe story can be summarised into 4 lines? Third, I could just come up here and say thanks to everyone. Say I have been a silent reader just like many people do here and then ask my question and no one would ever know I hard a poe story to share. So the fact that I mentioned it means I am willing to give back.

I won't even let you spoil my joy of feeling a bit better these days. Please just try to think before you post always.

@PetMe13, It doesn't cost anything to be nice, and I don't think it's necessary to come here spitting venom and asking Tvegas to "think"...If you are too unwell to recount your experience, it would have been sufficient to just explain that instead of going on the offensive. Also, when you keep stating that you've actually done good by mentioning that you have a POE experience to share, it doesn't do anyone good except cause those traveling soon to freak out.

The time you spent being nasty to Tvegas might as well been spent sharing your POE experience...

Anyhow, I hope you feel better soon....

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thank you madameu....
MadameU:
God mrn house...pls those of us using doctor fagbohun...I contacted him yst via email and he replied me with an attachment of the cost of each services..and also included some lab test that has to be done..I asked him if its necessary to do all d lab test before getting an appointment as I will be applying by Dec and I don't think I can do those tests at once cos each has stages..
He replied back ......"""Kindly bring your results with you at your first visit.  No prepayments accepted and appointments are made after arrival in Houston.  All you need for the embassy and POE are copies of our email communications, the attachment and your funds in cash.""""""
Am now a bit confused cos I read here that 3 things from d doc re very important wen going for interview..appointment letter,letter of responsibility and email correspondence ...
Now he stated I will need only the email conversations..pls those that av been to d embassy say something

Madam the Dr hasn't told you anything wrong. Print out the outline of payments expected that he sent to you as well as your correspondence with him; that is very sufficient for your application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
Congrats Lizcom25! All glory to a faithful God!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Congrats Lizcom25......Oooomo Baba u don hammer o!!! Anybody wey wan kon marry ur daughter ........as Amerikanah , ordinary to knock door dem must to bring d latest Range Rover of her time o! Then d dowry gangan go be 5-bedroom duplex for Banana Island. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shakom12(f): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
Meeracle:
@skakom12 I got a one bedroom but am using west hoston and my apartment is very close to the hospital...
. Pls how much do u get it and can u pls help out too, you can send me a mail with my email add shakom12@gmail.com. Pls I will b waiting to hear from you . Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lizcom baba! Congrats on ya baby! So glad to hear good news on this forum.abeg help me hail madam it is not beans to do the work she has just done.
Gods blessings all the way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tvegas you need to think before writing not just post whatever comes to your mind. First, did you not read that I am sick and will write the poe story later? Second, you think every poe story can be summarised into 4 lines?

Sister abeg don't be bitter the man actually apologised at the end of his post.kindly reserve the energy and the emotion and find time to share your POE experience . Epele.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omodaddy7: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
lizcom25:
With joy and glory to God we announce the safe delivery of our baby girl on Saturday 25th October at about 9pm at Del so Medical Elpaso. Mother and baby doing great.......God bless us all. It wasn't easy to be in Nigeria and wife is in labour in USA but God made all things beautiful.

Congrats. May God restore madams strength. Have a Safe trip.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
My people make una no vex o. But if I wanted to process my baby's naija passport as against a visa. How long does it take. I know I have to go Atlanta or DC for it. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
PetMe13:
@Tvegas you need to think before writing not just post whatever comes to your mind. First, did you not read that I am sick and will write the poe story later? I won't even let you spoil my joy of feeling a bit better these days. Please just try to think before you post always.

Hhhmmm and you could write all that and still didn't post the POE story?. I hereby withdraw all my apologies to you , Madam I am not sorry 1 inch. If everybody collects before they give back to the thread it won't grow. Your coming back to share was a matter of probability. Telling your POE story or not won't change anything anyways, I just felt you shouldn't have sown the seed of FEAR if you aint ready to share it.

Besides you are responsible for your own joy, nobody can be held responsible for it. Because of your health, I will let the matter rest. Hope you got the spreadsheet anyways? Best of luck.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsDan: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tvegas:

Hhhmmm and you could write all that and still didn't post the POE story?. I hereby withdraw all my apologies to you , Madam I am not sorry 1 inch. If everybody collects before they give back to the thread it won't grow. Your coming back to share was a matter of probability. Telling your POE story or not won't change anything anyways, I just felt you shouldn't have sown the seed of FEAR if you aint ready to share it.

Besides you are responsible for your own joy, nobody can be held responsible for it. Because of your health, I will let the matter rest. Hope you got the spreadsheet anyways? Best of luck.

Tvegas.....haba....you could easily have ignored. You have always been a gentleman. I have great respect for you...
God bless u all.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
Make una take am easy o. Sometimes when I remember its a faceless forum, I ignore so many things. This thread is not owned by anybody, so keys all just try not to take things to heart. Its crazy coz you don't even know who your angry at. I pray we all have good stories ho share. Stay Blessed!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
lizcom25:
With joy and glory to God we announce the safe delivery of our baby girl on Saturday 25th October at about 9pm at Del so Medical Elpaso. Mother and baby doing great.......God bless us all. It wasn't easy to be in Nigeria and wife is in labour in USA but God made all things beautiful.

Congratulations on her safe delivery. She will always be source of joy to you. God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
MrsDan:
Tvegas.....haba....you could easily have ignored. You have always been a gentleman. I have great respect for you...God bless u all.
Am sorry if i let you down, just thought i should reply. That will be my last on it.

Boldbode:
Thank you so much Tvegas.We are going to wait. .....Might also consider a tourist visa with baby by God's grace next year.
I wish you the best bro, sometimes one needs lots of patience before approaching these guys. I pray you will share your testimony soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
This forum is becoming something else.....what d heck!!! 2 ppl disagree and then others jump into the ring to fight angry......Pls can we stop this or execute a set of rules. Haba!

In other news, Congrats to all the new mom's and dads.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.