Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,042 members, 7,845,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1385325 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2014
Hi there. It doesn't even make sense to buy BA ticket one way. Sometimes it's more expensive than return. Another thing is this; you might be asked to show your return ticket at the POE and not having one might suggest to them that you don't plan on returning after your baby arrives. So I'd advice you buy a return ticket. I hope this helps smiley

tattystv:

Congrats to you and your hubby. We are seriously considering Dallas as POE. Pls are you returning through same route with BA? Am trying to get BA tickets one way and the agent is saying that I won't be lifted unless I show them a return itinerary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
@Beautyx5: Welcome to Elpaso. I know you will enjoy your stay here, but make sure you are with people that cares. If you are a christian join a church, if you are a moslem, join a mosque. You really need people around here. but it's good all the same. Greet your hubby for me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
@tattystv: You need to have your return ticket oo. It's the safety for you. Also you need to be certain of your return ooo because making as change on BA is very expensive. I just moved my wife departure from Elpaso to Nigeria from 23rd Dec to 12th Dec, and it was almost the cost of the total return initial ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
lizcom25:
@tattystv: You need to have your return ticket oo. It's the safety for you. Also you need to be certain of your return ooo because making as change on BA is very expensive. I just moved my wife departure from Elpaso to Nigeria from 23rd Dec to 12th Dec, and it was almost the cost of the total return initial ticket.
Thanks lizcom, I have asked an agent to get me a return ticket. My fear was taking the new born baby through multiple destination flight. Since BA will come to Lagos through London.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
lizcom25:

Hello,congrats on your baby. Pls how much did u pay for the baby ticket?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
@ Julietjay.

Highlight your questions here and we would try to take it one after the other....I understand its not an easy task to read from page 1 especially with the preggy hormones that can throw you off balance.....

First of all do you have a Visa and you require Hospitals, doctors, etc or you want to know how to go about applying for a Visa? Please respond to this thread and avoid PM's so other newbies like you can also learn from this page especially when they can not go back to read through the whole thread.....[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
with BA I paid roughly about $200 to add my baby earlier this year. The season matters and will determine how much you would pay. I think its their peak period now so it maybe slightly highly but its usally 10% of your own ticket. and will be calculated at the current price and not the price you bought yours. Hope this helps....

customised87:

Hello,congrats on your baby. Pls how much did u pay for the baby ticket?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
U re a darling......muahhhhh
9jabiggurl:
@ Julietjay.

Highlight your questions here and we would try to take it one after the other....I understand its not an easy task to read from page 1 especially with the preggy hormones that can throw you off balance.....

First of all do you have a Visa and you require Hospitals, doctors, etc or you want to know how to go about applying for a Visa? Please respond to this thread and avoid PM's so other newbies like you can also learn from this page especially when they can not go back to read through the whole thread.....[/b]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
tattystv:

Congrats to you and your hubby. We are seriously considering Dallas as POE. Pls are you returning through same route with BA? Am trying to get BA tickets one way and the agent is saying that I won't be lifted unless I show them a return itinerary.

Hello Dear,

A return itinerary is very necessary. I was asked how long i was staying in the US and was asked to provide my return ticket which is why i had to show them my itinerary.

Not quite sure why you would want to do one way when it costs more than a return. Except you don't plan to come back?

Even if you are not sure of the return date, you can pick a tentative return date and shift it to fit your schedule if need be at a small fee.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
@customised87: I paid N72,808 for baby ticket ooo. December is a peak period and wish i could avoid it but needed my family back home for christmas.

But i am told that it's cheaper if i had booked directly rather than using an agent. I used an agent.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
You are right @lizcom.Booking my ticket myself just makes me want to scream remembering all the times we involved agents.
I also want to say again whoever asks one to read from the first page is seriously telling you the right thing. I can't even stop appreciating what people have done from the beginning till now based on information and guidelines and believe me when you start from the beginning,you will be an authority on birthing issuessmileySome people click on this page and have not asked a single question before but they go and come back with good POE stories and that's because they read and got all they wanted without asking.Please make we try.I can assure you,hormones have no hold on our reading abilities.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
@babababy, congrats. Please how do I contact you. Tried sending a PM but not working. I need details of how you got the passport, SSN, birth cert and nigerian passport. I intend using Wyckoff as well.

Babababy:
Good morning beautiful people,some good news from my end. My wife put to bed on Thursday 0605 eastern,it's a girl !! Mother and daughter are doing great (natural birth).
They were discharged yesterday Saturday,after two nights at the hospital. The hospital is the same one wckykoff heights medical center , we signed a contract during registration and deposited $5000 ,we were giving a total bill of $6500.

The package included,all the pregnancy test ,two scans,delivery and two days hospital stay.she had a total of 6 antenatal visits,and we paid $50 per visit cash. So technically we have a balance of $1500 to pay, but we were told the account woman wasn't on duty Saturday,so we a expect a bill Monday.

My wife was pretty much happy with the medical attention she got. Let me know if any more details is needed from me. As for me,I will join the mid November, work is just unforgiving at the moment,and I have to hold all my excitement down.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
meine:
Poster dont mind the earlier comments , just chill a little, our gurus will soon give you step by step detail of what you need to do. They wiil be here soon. a na m asị gị nnọọ.

haha they are eating groundnut o!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
meine:
Poster dont mind the earlier comments , just chill a little, our gurus will soon give you step by step detail of what you need to do. They wiil be here soon. a na m asị gị nnọọ.

Lmao, why she no go mind us? its really not easy to read through the thread, but you and i know she would be doing herself a better favor. Let me try and help.

@JulietJay, give us something to work with.
these are the basic steps:
(If you don't have a visa, Start here)
1.start getting information on hospital prices and Contact a doctor (OBGYN) ( Any hospital or obgyn would do ( apart from Doctoress pa ra ti)
2. Get your statement of account ready.
3. pay and schedule a visa appointment
4. During your interview declare your intentions honestly ( gone are the days of lying during interview)
Skip 1-4 if you have your visa
5. If you dint inform the embassy you were pregnant when you had you interview/ application ( if you used drop-box), send a mail to the embassy
6. Start working on getting the hospital and the doctor you would eventually use.
7. Try to book an appointment with them.
8. Have them send you a checklist of each item you would be paying for doctors, Hospital, Pediatrician , epidural etc..)
9. if your husband wont be with you, get him to sign a consent for and get it notarized by a notary public, don't include date just yet( you would need this when processing your babies documents
10. Book you ticket/ fly
11 have your BURDEN OF PROOF ready, come back hereto share your POE story
12. Have your baby
13.Get your babies birth certificate, then use this to get his or her passport, then use this to get a Nigerian visa ( you can get a Nigerian passport when you return home if you cant sweat it.
14. buy you babies ticket, come back home

now this is alot to take in, but just the basic steps, i may have missed few steps, but start here...
truth is, to expand all of these, you may still need to read at least a 100 pages cos every single thing has been explained in details, over and over, and over again..

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
lizcom25:
pls lizcom25, on average how long after delivery should one estimate for the return leg? Will 3weeks do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
meine:

Meine the great guru of the thread! Please help her out. You are not a newbie so I am sure you have most of the answers she is looking for. As you don't want her to read for herself. I mean the question is almost word for word on what the author of this thread used. If she can't start from pg1 , she could start from pg52 after the tsunami that wiped out all the other pages till January this year. Or she could start from the middle pg100 and get the info she needs. Or like so many of us here did Google it as apart from specific location information on accommodation, doctors fees and other personal findings, the information is in the Web.

If everyone who came here only came to ask the same question this thread would long be closed.

And no I am not being personal. Yes I am an hormonal pregnant woman getting real tired and eager to deliver so if I hurt your feelings I am sorry but this kind of response gets me real upset and right now .Urrgh huh. .. I am really getting tired of coming here and seeing these same answer and response.

Sorry all for the long post and if I have offended anyone by my rating put it on my restless sleep patterns in this my run up to delivery. Hormonal first time mum here.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrincessMum: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
@ Sweetace and Damsel020

aighty..thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dear. Chiduks, I am yet to put to bed, actually travelling to philly next week 17th to be precise, I am using Delaware total fee (doc and hospital) 7,500K and you can have some percentage off, if ur delivery is smooth. You can call the below nuumber to schedule an appiontment 009 1 (610) 626-7070.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
mamacajah:

Meine the great guru of the thread! Please help her out. You are not a newbie so I am sure you have most of the answers she is looking for. As you don't want her to read for herself.

mamacajah!!! I want to believe meine was being sarcarstic nau!

Abeg chill o...No enter labor on top this matter grin grin grin

And I feel you on the hormones! I have been cranky for the past week for no reason *hugs* kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sweetace: 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
sayoberry:

sending pm is not a bad thing. but someone you don't know asking you to pay $1500 to an account for an apartment you have not seen or hear of is fraud. pls don't pay anyone money

oh ok. absolutely i agree! thanks. i was scared cuz i had tried to send princess mum a message with the info for the agent so i didn't want to be labelled cuz I've seen people get accused. but yes i agree and i understand now. i already posted the info publicly so there is no ambiguity.

This is such a good thread and really want to thank everyone for all the invaluable info on here. God bless guys!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Na wa o. Only 3 of us are going to Los Angeles. Any other LA mummy to be in the house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
I am still waiting for someone who has given birth in Alaska to come forward....* on a lighter mood*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Pls I need help my sista is In new York and she tried kings county hospital d bills have been outrageous about 20k dollars pls we need cheap hospitals in new York asap plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello house, just thought to give my own quota. Contacted a hospital in Ohio. here is their response.
Greetings from Patient Accounts,

In response to your recent inquiry regarding a normal vaginal delivery the estimated cost is $4,842.65.

If you are Self Pay without insurance we do offer a special pricing option. This must be paid in full prior to delivery.

24 hour normal vaginal delivery $2187.00
48 hour normal vaginal delivery $2670.00

These prices are for hospital charges only and do not include physician fees, anesthesia.

If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me at the number listed below.

Thank you for your interest in Mercy Medical Center.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
So far the only doctor that accept pregnant women after 23 weeks charges 2500$. have been unable to reach their anaesthesia dept to confirm the fee for that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malihamlagos: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Update:

I have arrived at El Paso with a bit of a delay in Houston because of some food items I had. I had applied and was denied for my visa before when I was enrolled for another hospital and re-applied with Doctores para ti letter and was approved with no issues. After the delay at Houston I arrived on Monday to El Paso and got hotel at Ramada which is very close to hospital and there are several newly mothers and mothers to be which have been very helpful. Hospital is very nice and I have already enrolled in the free maternity classes offered. Im in a bit of a hurry but will give a better update as soon Im more settled in and SLEEP, it was a looong trip to the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Z
malihamlagos:
Update:

I have arrived at El Paso with a bit of a delay in Houston because of some food items I had. I had applied and was denied for my visa before when I was enrolled for another hospital and re-applied with Doctores para ti letter and was approved with no issues. After the delay at Houston I arrived on Monday to El Paso and got hotel at Ramada which is very close to hospital and there are several newly mothers and mothers to be which have been very helpful. Hospital is very nice and I have already enrolled in the free maternity classes offered. Im in a bit of a hurry but will give a better update as soon Im more settled in and SLEEP, it was a looong trip to the US
congrats on entering obodo oyinbo. All the best with your delivery. God will help you through.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
@Iyawotobe: Let me just give my personal countdown. The birth certificate came 8days after it was taken. Since my wife gave birth on a saturday, the BC was submitted on a Monday and so i notified it was ready for pick on the 8th day start counting from Monday. Then went to elpaso county to pick the BC on the 9th day and also did the baby US passport on the 9th day. So got the US Passport on the 10th day. I will add 5 working days for the Nigeria Visa to be done at Atlanta. So you should be ready to do everything between 4-6weeks after birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
omofred:
Pls I need help my sista is In new York and she tried kings county hospital d bills have been outrageous about 20k dollars pls we need cheap hospitals in new York asap plssss

Check pages 24 and 25, you should get some info on NY.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
omofred:
Wyckoff height hospital Brooklyn New York , think it's one of the cheapest .also intent using the hospital. 6500k for normal del.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
isysleek:
@babababy, congrats. Please how do I contact you. Tried sending a PM but not working. I need details of how you got the passport, SSN, birth cert and nigerian passport. I intend using Wyckoff as well.
isysleek:
Please let me know if u eventually got him, want to use d same hospital ve already communicated with them and was given a quote of 6500 for womanly del.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.