Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,025 members, 7,859,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1387490 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:44am On Nov 17, 2014
Check @foreverblessed's post on page 176

AyaSho:
Good Morning house,
Please can someone help me with the page that talked about Northside Hospital Atlanta or the name of mama.
Will so much appreciate it.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2014
Shawbabe:

For Delta nko?? cheesy

Make una help me?

Delta bawo. Ve been very loyal to BA after my horrible experience with arik. Na BA all d way o, only if BA won't go to my destination.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2014
MamaTobenna:
Pls if u hear of any Awoof ticket on British airways. Pls let a sister know o. Travelling first week in feb. Chilling for the price to drop. K hope say the thing no go double but if u hear make una halla a sister abeg

Lmao, i am traveling first week in feb too, and i am stalking BA for the price to drops, please lemme know o, i would return the favor...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2014
mabels:
J

The best time to buy BA is January and February ( ve been doing it for 5 yrs now). If u don't want to risk it now, u can book ur ticket bt check for same route in Jan and February and see d difference, u ll be surprised.
Are you serious? shocked Do you book directly from BA's site or you use vendors like wakanow?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SisiOlu: 10:53am On Nov 17, 2014
There was a time people used to say travelling with BA when preg was risky. There were soo many stories of how they sent pregnant women back or revoked US visas by calling US embassy at the airport or in the UK during transit.
I have always tot to avoid BA but seems like fins ve changed and a lot of preggies are travelling wt them. I stand corrected
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2014
Virtuousdiva:
@MamaTobenna.... I am using BA as well and the best advice I can give you is to buy this ticket as we see am now cos it will only get worse oooo.I was going to wait as well but I can't afford to feel sorry for myself unless you want to take the chance sha....Cheers.

I doubt this very much, the price usually comes down in feb after the holiday rush, i am going in feb, but wont try to buy now at all, its too expensive...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2014
SisiOlu:
There was a time people used to say travelling with BA when preg was risky. There were soo many stories of how they sent pregnant women back or revoked US visas by calling US embassy at the airport or in the UK during transit.
I have always tot to avoid BA but seems like fins ve changed and a lot of preggies are travelling wt them. I stand corrected

Hia, i dunno o, i flew BA may 2012, i was 5 months preg with an obvious bump, i was not asked a single question, the UK - US leg was very good, them give me juice taya, and kept asking if i was OK. Why would they do that kind of thing, wetin concern BA and US embassy..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2014
kizluv:

Hia, i dunno o, i flew BA may 2012, i was 5 months preg with an obvious bump, i was not asked a single question, the UK - US leg was very good, them give me juice taya, and kept asking if i was OK. Why would they do that kind of thing, wetin concern BA and US embassy..
\

@kizluv...i totally agree with you...flew BA 2012 August i was 6.5months preggy then with a huge belle i mean huge...u would think i was ready to pop...no issues then though flew from UK then directly, and flew them again 2013 Dec when i was 33weeks and 2days from Nigeria without any issue....just that my fit to fly then was given to me about a week before my flight and the lady that attended to me wanted to create an issue about how my fit to fly should be dated at least 2 days before my flight...so all you preggy once ensure your fit to fly is very close to your travel day.....

Hmmmm i would advice that you chill till the rush is over before you all buy ur ticket but keep booking and re book ur ticket just before it expires to ensure you wont miss out if your last booking was cheaper than the present one...just do a close monitoring....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2014
Hello everyone, praise God with me... My baby arrived last Wednesday 5:34pm at West Houston Medical Center and Dr La via normal delivery. Mother and baby doing fine. Experience was fabulous all the way, from prenatal visits to the delivery itself and 2 days postpartum stay in the hospital.

I will be happy to answer any question regarding the hospital and doctor.

I wish all expectant mums a safe delivery.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
IyawoToBe:
Are you serious? shocked Do you book directly from BA's site or you use vendors like wakanow?

booking directly from their site is always cheaper due to exchange rate. what I do is to always check daily for one person ( this gives u options for different prices for different days and some days are cheaper than others even within same week. u can also try booking on hold everyday for ur date( if u ve that time, I always ve the time cos it is a lot of money for a family trip) so even if it increases, u jt pick ur reference for the cheaper day and pay. As soon as u noticed that the price is going up, check the online vendors to compare price.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=Kween2014 post=28090707]Hello everyone, praise God with me... My baby arrived last Wednesday 5:34pm at West Houston Medical Center and Dr La via normal delivery. Mother and baby doing fine. Experience was fabulous all the way, from prenatal visits to the delivery itself and 2 days postpartum stay in the hospital.

Congrats kween and congrats to all the new parents in the house

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
yes u are right but BTA nko? cash for hand for POE wahala....[quote author=mabels post=28087187][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
So I got PMS to share my experience with Mihs.
Well, I don't have subsequent experiences with any American hospitals so I really can't compare. All in all, I feel the experience was good. The staff are genuinely concerned bout you, especially the baby. They will take their time to check d baby, you sef go dey pray make them no detain you extra day. One thing though is always ask questions and when you need something, ask. If you are not clear on something, ask as well. The docs will encourage you to ask as well.
Had my baby thru Cs. was actually there that day for my ultrasound, they noticed my aminotic fluid level was a bit low. Na so them keep me for monitoring o. From monitoring, it was decided that they had to bring d baby out cos he kept moving and changing position. Induction wasnt an option cos i had a previous CS, my hope of a VBAC flew outta d window. Then they started explaining explicitly the procedure..fear gripped me at a point. Everyone explained what they were going to do. Nurses, docs, anesthesiologists,. The procedure was over in less than two hours. Recovery in post partum was sweet. Was given ice as soon as i came out. Was adviced to walk around that evening which I did. Those pain meds can turn u to a drug addict. Lol. One thing guaranteed is your welfare is their priority.
Some nurses weren't so great but some are just angels.
As for accomodation, i would advice getting a place where there are other Naija mommas. Believe me, this place boring and moving around isnt that easy. Especially if you dont have anyone to show you arou d. Cross land moms have all left, except for one. Extended stay Oak street still have a few. Ocotillo village which is where i am have just two pple left. Its quite close to d hospital, very close to d airport as well. The only thing is u need an american id and SSN to get a place here.
OK, I think I have tried, I hereby drop my 'golden' pen. Hope this helps someone.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
RELIABLE INFO: Most expensive month to book = third week of July

Cheapest month to book = 6th/7th jan or third week of january.....rises from feb.

buy tickets on wednesdays, just 1hr after tuesday midnight or 7th of every month as booking is busier right after payday on the 1st and 15th.

Apply Mabel's rule it works!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
Congrats Kween,welcome Americana baby.Hv u gotten your bill?If yes,pls could you kindly post it here,if possible the breakdown as well.cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
@hollabeesy2014 and @Raii,

Guys, how far with your new visa interviews?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
mabels:

Delta bawo. Ve been very loyal to BA after my horrible experience with arik. Na BA all d way o, only if BA won't go to my destination.

How does Delta anf Arik resemble?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
twizzie:
Well, I don't have subsequent experiences with any American hospitals so I really can't compare. All in all, I feel the experience was good. The staff are genuinely concerned bout you, especially the baby. They will take their time to check d baby, you sef go dey pray make them no detain you extra day. One thing though is always ask questions and when you need something, ask. If you are not clear on something, ask as well. The docs will encourage you to ask as well.
Had my baby thru Cs. was actually there that day for my ultrasound, they noticed my aminotic fluid level was a bit low. Na so them keep me for monitoring o. From monitoring, it was decided that they had to bring d baby out cos he kept moving and changing position. Induction wasnt an option cos i had a previous CS, my hope of a VBAC flew outta d window. Then they started explaining explicitly the procedure..fear gripped me at a point. Everyone explained what they were going to do. Nurses, docs, anesthesiologists,. The procedure was over in less than two hours. Recovery in post partum was sweet. Was given ice as soon as i came out. Was adviced to walk around that evening which I did. Those pain meds can turn u to a drug addict. Lol. One thing guaranteed is your welfare is their priority.
As for accomodation, i would advice getting a place where there are other Naija mommas. Believe me, this place boring and moving around isnt that easy. Especially if you dont have anyone to show you arou d. Cross land moms have all left, except for one. Extended stay Oak street still have a few. Ocotillo village which is where i am have just two pple left. Its quite close to d hospital, very close to d airport as well. The only thing is u need an american id and SSN to get a place here.
OK, I think I have tried, I hereby drop my 'golden' pen. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
Saved2Serve:
yes u are right but BTA nko? cash for hand for POE wahala....

madam, nothing can be done abt that one. the only way to get enough to take with u to is to start looking out for people( friends , family and colleagues) who intend to travel b4 u bt need less than the max amount, u give them naira to add to the money that they intend to change at the bank, they change the $4k and u remove ur own, u can start now and continue like that until u re ready to travel (or face black market squarely) and we pray for dollar to fall after election. I think dollar is cheaper in December cos of people bringing it in bt cant say how it will go this year.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
Shawbabe:

How does Delta anf Arik resemble?

shawbabe

they don't . I believe that names are different bt they re both airlines. so it is simply to say I only travel with BA if u interpreted it well, bt u sure didn't.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
God has blessed you! Please how do u advice me to get aroud this american I'd n SSN stuff? It is a huge problem I and my friend(co-traveller) is faacing.
twizzie:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
@heart2heart, if u have family or friends in the Us, u can ask them to do that for you. That's what we did to get the place. The only osh is that they will want to sought the id when you are about to pay. You can bring d Id and then post back to the owner immediately. Otherwise, try extended stay oak street.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
To God b d glory!!!!Great things he has done for me nd my heart is full of joy.Finally my visa was approved.Thanks to u lovely peeps for ur contribution cos i got all d information i used on dis site.God bless u all gazillion times grin
I was denied niv visa last 3yrs on d ground of section 214b.Av been so scared to reapply cos i was nt honest in my 1st application 3yrs ago.I lied dt i wasn't pregnant wen i was 5mnths gone.My current interview was more of a chat nd d vo was super nice nd we laughed all thru d interview.Read d transcript:
Vo:how are u doing ma
Me:am very fine nd yu(both of us with smiles)
vo:ur finger prints
vo:y r u going to d US
me:to av my baby
vo:r u pregnant(with very starnge look)
me:yes am 20wks gone
vo:wow,u dnt look it(we both laughed)
vo:r u aware dt if u dnt pay all ur bills u will nt b allowed into US subsequently
me:very much aware
vo:do u av insurance
me:yes i do(hubby's office insurance covers me everywhere in d world)
vo:can i see it pls
me:sure nd hands it over to him
vo:loking at d card nd starts typing seriously on system
vo:where does ur hubby work
me:xyz
vo:wot do u do
me:small scale biz
vo:how long has hubby been with d org
me:xyz
vo:can i see his employment letter
me:sure(hands it over to him)
vo;do u av anoda child
me:yes
vo:wen did u av her
me:mentioned only d year cos i was scared dt if i mention d date he will know i was preg during my last app nd lied abt it
vo:y were u denied 3yrs ago
me:dnt really know y but i was given a white paper dt circled section 214b as d reason for denial
vo:brought out d same white paper nd asked if its dis type of paper(my heart jst cut cos i thought it was anoda refusal)
me:yes,it is(vo jst laughed)nd wen i saw dt d man was nt ready to ask for burden of proof ie statement of acct,correspondence nd co i had to chip it in dt i already hav an appointment with a hospital in arizona nd i jst flipped it in(meanwhile i had only dt mihs scanty mail)
vo:wow,wen do u intend to travel
me:xyx
vo:come morrow nd collect ur visa nd congrats in advance for d american baby,also mk sure u pay all ur bills(with gd smiles)
me:tnx(still didnt believe it but with a wide smile i tanked him)
For d mamas still believing God for visa nd av been denied before,dnt loose hope cos

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=eazydune post=28100498]To God b d glory!!!!Great things he has done for me nd my heart is full of joy.Finally my visa was approved.Thanks to u lovely peeps for ur contribution cos i got all d information i used on dis site.God bless u all gazillion times grin
I was denied niv visa last 3yrs on d ground of section 214b.Av been so scared to reapply cos i was nt honest in my 1st application 3yrs ago.I lied dt i wasn't pregnant wen i was 5mnths gone.My current interview was more of a chat nd d vo was super nice nd we laughed all thru d
me:dnt really know y but i was given a white paper dt circled section 214b as d reason for denial

Congrats dear, God is faithful....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
mabels:

shawbabe

they don't . I believe that names are different bt they re both airlines. so it is simply to say I only travel with BA if u interpreted it well, bt u sure didn't.

I was on about Delta and u started telling me how u flew arik

Lol u coulda just said u fly only BA and leave it there. Me I fly only Delta or Air France becoz my sky miles gives me free tickets within North America...USA, Canada and Mexico.
So back to my question, any wonderful person have inside info on cheap Delta ticket for mid Jan? :*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
Mabel's pls keep me posted on the BA drops biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Even most nigerian banks are not giving PTA directly to you in dollars. They tell you to use your master card or you load the dollars into card. It was a bad experience last time before i came to elapse, had to buy from black market.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
[author=Kween2014 post=28090707]Hello everyone, praise God with me... My baby arrived last Wednesday 5:34pm at West Houston Medical Center and Dr La via normal delivery. Mother and baby doing fine. Experience was fabulous all the way, from prenatal visits to the delivery itself and 2 days postpartum stay in the hospital.

I will be happy to answer any question regarding the hospital and doctor.

I wish all expectant mums a safe delivery.[/quote]

Congrats to u Kween and welcome to ur new baby. Please can u share a breakdown of your expenses? I will b using WHMC too but with Dr Huynh. Did u do circumcision? Was it well done and how much was it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.