Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379341 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:
Congratulations anonymousmum

favouredB:
@ Anonymousmum Congratulations

Thank you smiley wishing us all the best
mummyprincess:

Tnx Dear! This is really comprehensive. Tnx for your time for answering my questions. Take care of yourself n the baby.

U are welcome
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 12:40am On Jan 26, 2015
uchetobi:

I had a girl so no circumcision but be careful with that, if you can get a Naija dr or a Jewish dr to do it better so you dint repeat it in Nigeria.

I paid fagbohoun 1920 then 300 additional for first visit and ultrasound

I paid oakbend 2150, I dint make any arrangement with pediatrician or anesthesiologist, pathology . Fagbohoun has already (confirm with him), I showed up at oakbend for the first time when I was in labor and yet already had all my details.

anesthesiologist was 850 pathology can't remember but less than 200 for my baby and me, pediatrician (nic/) was 606, it would have been 380 of my baby dint go to nicu for jaundice

Hello uchetobi...please how do i send you a pm here on Nairaland..i'm new here and ii have a few questions to ask you. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 12:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Yet to see the mail. Pls check the email address, nelloluv@yahoo.com. Thanks. I await the mail.

MamaTobenna:
sent you a mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 12:45am On Jan 26, 2015
chloe7:
nelly2012 LA won't be bad too, I asked my friend, she said she had her baby in St Mary's San Francisco bay and I think she took medicaid because she said some missionary paid about $7k out of it bla bla bla. So her story isn't straightforward

Thanks Chloe7. It's unfortunate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 12:49am On Jan 26, 2015
damsell:
Hi iyawotobe it's only been a week since I had my baby so I only want to get on the county website today to check if his bc is ready or not, it as well as the SSN was filed for at the hospital the day after I put to bed and I was officially told it takes 6-8wreks but from other pple's experiences, the bc should be out in less. So I can only give you that much info about the documentation process but nevertheless, I'm expecting to smooth sail through it as I have garnered the step by step process of what comes after what from previous posts on the forum and other moms I met at Intown suites.
Talking bout Intown suites, the accommodation is ok considering the circumstances. I'm here with my mum and hubby just came to join us after I had baby and do far, so good I guess. It's generally a safe living place and really quiet and apart from some guests with really serious smoking habits, I think it's an ok place.plus there are always lots of other NAija mums n dads around so company is almost never in lack.
Some of the challenges I have personally encountered will be the transportation system. Luckily there are lots of stores around Intown like Walmart, Burlington, Ross, Payless and food places as well within walking distance but if you have to go to other stores and places in town, it's gotta be a cab and the meter rates are usually not smiling. Good thing the hospital is also close by but when it comes to processing baby's documents, it's mostly downtown which is quite a distance from Intown.

I hear ramada suites are nicer but I chose Intown cos its cheaper than ramada.
Hope I've been able to answer all ur questions.m

hello damsell..congrats on your baby..i sent you a message before..i dont know if you saw it. .pls and please could you give me your personal email address? i have a few questions to as you please. please help a sis... i'm new here and wish to use El Paso for my baby's delivery awaiting your response..thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 3:51am On Jan 26, 2015
Hello house,
Do you have to pick a pediatrician or does the hospital assign one to you?
Would really appreciate your response(s)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 26, 2015
Shayo5:
Hello house,
some hospitals will give you a reference to paediatricians around the area, while some work hand in hand with some paediatricians . It should depend on the hospital you use.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 7:31am On Jan 26, 2015
Ginnny:
Please o....i asked earlier if anyone knows affordable hospitals. In new York. No reply yet . Most hospitals I sent mail to didn't reply me. Has anyone delivered in new
York or know anyone who has delivered there

Google Wyckoff Medical centre NY...i have their e-mail address though as i just sent a mail to them on behalf of my Sis,you could pm me or google them to get more info.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 8:34am On Jan 26, 2015
anonymousmum:
Hey people,

Had my baby boy Thursday night at Methodist Houston Sugar Land, Thursday evening, discharged Saturday morning, Mummy, LO and Daddy are doing great! Overall experience was fantastic, nurses tripping over themselves to help you, etc, etc.

Also Dr. Duc Le was great too.

Shout out to everyone that contributed to this thread, extremely tired out from baby duty so I wont call names for fear of offending anyone smiley

LOL at freebies, Freebies were not fantastic here o, just formula (which I don't want to use)

Will give feedback when I get my final bill (if any sef because I had pre paid for everything, and had no complications).

To everyone that is bored in America, put up your feet even more, cuz once the baby comes, end of honeymoon period...

Congratulations on the birth of your little prince.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2015
Shayo5:
Hello house,

Usually, you are restricted to the pediatrician that is allowed to practice in the hospital of your choice.However when you are discharged, you can use any pediatrician of your choice. Its pretty much like the oby/gyn guys restriction also. I was in your shoes too and had to call both the hospital and my pediatrician of choice to find out about this restriction

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 10:14am On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=anonymousmum post=30107214]

Congratulation, thank God for His kindness to you, child n family

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Lovely moms who's EDD is by September/October 2015 and would give birth in US? Will like us to plan together and make good decisions on hospital to use, accommodation, airline etc. As they say 2 or 3 heads are better than 1. We can even decide to share accommodation cost ie is u don't have family to stay with. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
Okay great. Im sorry, im still trying to figure how to reply messages here. @madameU and @eazydune whats de deal? Any info on accommodation? Can we share? I will be around 3rd week in February by God's grace. Let me know how this works. Thanks

Like I have mentioned in my older posts accomodation dey na just choice,budget and if you really like convenience. By the time you could visit a few places and take a decision sha. You can book a few days at a location, go check out others and make a final move...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nita2013:
Madam oooo... how r u doinn? long time dear. Howz ur son? Pls I sent u a PM.

My sister, we are fine thanks. Hwz ur son too and mummy. I dint see ur PM o, i just sent u a PM now..pls holla
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
MadameU:

Okay great. Im sorry, im still trying to figure how to reply messages here. @madameU and @eazydune whats de deal? Any info on accommodation? Can we share? I will be around 3rd week in February by God's grace. Let me know how this works. Thanks

Like I have mentioned in my older posts accomodation dey na just choice,budget and if you really like convenience. By the time you could visit a few places and take a decision sha. You can book a few days at a location, go check out others and make a final move...
phew* called extended stay east oak got a quote of 340$ for a week!& d person I spoke with says that's the cheapest for my dates I.e from 1st week of March. Pls which other options are there?Anyone interested in sharing an apartment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Congrats anonymusmus.

On a lighter mood------

Please house, do we have anyone that can predict when dollar is coming back to 160-170.

My Naira keeps depreciating and as no value. I am april/may mum.

Please advise Bikooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
Better start changing now before it gets to $250! And to think I was lamenting when I was changing at 193!

oluwafunkenny:
Congrats anonymusmus.

On a lighter mood------

Please house, do we have anyone that can predict when dollar is coming back to 160-170.

My Naira keeps depreciating and as no value. I am april/may mum.

Please advise Bikooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
feddy27:

I sent from Port Harcourt.
Lol, I was scared, alright...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
@anonymousmum and others who just delivered their LO safely I say congratulations.

@All who had successful POE. Congrats as well.

My journey to having my child after almost 12 years of marriage has been concluded with part one: getting pregnant, delivering my baby safely, giving birth in America, returning home safely and dedicating her to GOD have come to pass.

We are back home safely with the heat, no regular light, etc that makes najia special. I have enjoyed myself richly in this thread and will be retiring officially till the part two of the journey commences. I wish all the nursing mums, pushing mums, pregnant mums and supportive fathers success in your efforts. GOD who wiped my tears and turned it to joy will also see you through all your endeavours, IJN Amen.

52 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
mamacajah:
@anonymousmum and others who just delivered their LO safely I say congratulations.

My journey to having my child after almost 12 years of marriage has been concluded with part one: getting pregnant, delivering my baby safely, giving birth in America, returning home safely and dedicating her to GOD have come to pass.

We are back home safely with the heat, no regular light, etc that makes najia special. I have enjoyed myself richly in this thread and will be retiring officially till the part two of the journey commences. I wish all the nursing mums, pushing mums, pregnant mums and supportive fathers success in your efforts. GOD who wiped my tears and turned it to joy will also see you through all your endeavours, IJN Amen.

Congrats mamacajah. I say amen to your prayers.The lord is indeed a faithfull God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=mamacajah post=30160933]@anonymousmum and others who just delivered their LO safely I say congratulations.

Congratulations, all glory to God for His kindness
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Congratulations mamacajah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummiejay: 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
SAkale:
i am a june mom, what did you have in mind?

Hello, I am also a june momma.Please I will like to be carried along.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lalavita: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
Congrats! Such an awesome testimony. May God bless your family.
Sure there are some people who are in God's waiting room reading this thread in anticipation. As we can see from mamacajah's testimony, your bundle of joy will come very soon. Amen.

mamacajah:

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yallowtin(f): 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
uchetobi:

Don't have access to my email sorry

Total cost, can't remember. But it was about $6,500. I gave a detailed breakdown in April, guess the tsunami wiped it off but dr fagbohouns pdf is a very Gd indicator, my baby had jaundice so it also increased my ped fee to $606, that I remember. Dr's fee was exactly what he stated in his pdf, hospital was 2150, epidural 850, blood works was lesser than he estimated.

I declined the hearing test

Nope I dint pre-register, showed up at the hospital for the first time when I fell into labor,

I got all my baby's document in two wks, after birth. once the birth certificate came out in 4 days or so, I got the intl passport by going downtown (picked it up the next day as I paid for expedited , sent to Atlanta to the agent the day after I got it, although I dint pay for

expedited I got it back within two days

Hi please why did you decline the hearing test? AR there side effects?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 12:26am On Jan 27, 2015
please why did you decline the hearing test? AR there side effects?[/quote] To cut costs! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DeeandGLady: 1:05am On Jan 27, 2015
Hi All,

So I Have finally decided to join and drop a comment after months of reading this thread from post 1 to the very last post, Hmmm I must really commend everyone who has contributed to this forum, thanks for all your information. I even had to generate a spreadsheet of Hospitals in the US, Doc name, cost, email addresses...LOLSSS........Again thanks y'all. So June to be mums going to WHMC please Holla. Lets hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 4:17am On Jan 27, 2015
Tvegas:

Lol,you people copied the whole story just to say congrats.Dia Ris God ooooooo. Make una dey edit/reduce long stories like mine,so the thread wont be too long.
@Bsharon....i suspect you are the lady i met when i visited margaret restaurant and accomodation? Nice to have you on NL. I thought you were using Dr amajoh.
@larondoo will expect your call. @nomanicole,prince and ritdan thanks. I have replied the PMs.
Thanks everyone, resuming back to my shift,baby is grumbling already. grin grin

Bsharon & Tvegas

This Soul Care accommodation can I get to know more please. How far is it from WHMC? Is it in Sugarland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ginnny: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2015
Thank you fruitilicious. Congratulations mama cajah,anonymous mum and new mums
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 10:16am On Jan 27, 2015
weaseloo:

Bsharon & Tvegas

This Soul Care accommodation can I get to know more please. How far is it from WHMC? Is it in Sugarland?

Please send pm again. First one ended in an error. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bernghos: 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dear All,

Please, the stories about POE are scaring. Please, any idea of a safe POE?. It's horrific travelling for such a long distance and CBP refuse entry. Please, I have noted that CBP at Houston and Atlanta POE are very strike on pregnant women. Which other safe POE can anyone suggest to me?. I really wish not to be disturbed at all because it I intend to enter at 32weeks.

2. Please, what are some of the reasonable answer to the usual question at the POE "What is the purpose of your trip"?

3. I have learned of El Paso TX, MIHS Phoenix and Methodist Medical Center Houston. Please, apart from these, is there any other cheap hospital in Houston?

Please share!

Thank You,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by michnuel(f): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
uchetobi:

@Uchetobi, thanks for your update. I'm new on NL and enjoying the thread. Please at what week did you travel since ur first appointment was when you went into labour.
Also did you get a different pediatrician? my edd is end of April and I intend to travel first week in March, hope that's not too late.

Don't have access to my email sorry

Total cost, can't remember. But it was about $6,500. I gave a detailed breakdown in April, guess the tsunami wiped it off but dr fagbohouns pdf is a very Gd indicator, my baby had jaundice so it also increased my ped fee to $606, that I remember. Dr's fee was exactly what he stated in his pdf, hospital was 2150, epidural 850, blood works was lesser than he estimated.

I declined the hearing test

Nope I dint pre-register, showed up at the hospital for the first time when I fell into labor,

I got all my baby's document in two wks, after birth. once the birth certificate came out in 4 days or so, I got the intl passport by going downtown (picked it up the next day as I paid for expedited , sent to Atlanta to the agent the day after I got it, although I dint pay for expedited I got it back within two days

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.