Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381992 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
dabiggy:
I had my baby through Obama health care programme, with the help of a friend that works in the hospital though I went earlier to usa enough, it cost nothing, it's free though Africans on ground find it difficult helping others out

No actually its not free, pay your bill before leaving US. Don't abuse the system.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
belfy:

Kykes.. As I said earlier "coins" issue

Who else is in Houston...
@sayoberry

Am in houston, arrived yesterday morning.i feel you on the coins issue esp with dollars now 200 plus.

Let's hook up nah

Wassup. Where in hoiston u dey. Pm me abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cherie24(f): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
kizluv:

NOOOO, you didn't just do that cry Please set up a payment plan and pay the US government every dime. It's free yes, but totally ILLEGAL..

Abeg is she a green card holder? ask her if she has a social security number abi she get american passport ni? you see how WE - in this part of the world love freebies even when its illegal. Ignorance is highly UNACCEPTABLE. its becos of ladies like her that the US govt. is thightening their fist on this kind of opportunity making it impossible for genuine people to get this opportunity. Tomorrow na, dem go say one naija woman come here come born without paying. e no go hard na, dem go begin speak grammar - cheating the system, use of false documents, illegal bla bla bla..

Shey una dey see..wen they say, take time and read wat others are writing and take note of experiences , una no go gree.

@Kizluv - abeg no crucify that lady, doh i feel u sha. e better make she get all the facts now by clarifying if what she wants is bread or puff puff than going there and she begin dey chop akara.

@dabiggy - please do everything within ur powers and settle every cent just like the oda sis's have advised. i dont knw how u want to do. You absolutely have no right to benefit from that medical care. if you like, sitdon there dey chop kpomo. my gud pple, please profer solutions from past experiences to enable her proceed in settling the gbese as milk don spill already.

This is my 2cents

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
I am presently in philadelphia, just had my baby girl, it is a testimony I used Delaware County Memorial hospital (DCMh) and the service was great, and they are. Also considerate really.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
FinanceFitness:
@Dallas Mums, please help with this enquiry.

My sister is in dallas at the moment and so are a couple of people on this forum,this is the first time i am hearing of quarantine o!
Search on this thread or Google JPS hospital and check the doctors affiliated with them, do same also for Dr Abass and check hospitals that he works with.
I hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
michnuel:
Hello everyone,
Are there mummies in the house who are due in April, in Houston or Katy and planning to use Dr Fagbohun at Oakbend?
Also has anyone used him recently, will appreciate if you can share your experience with me and any advice if possible.
thank u

Like seriously i think last friday i was at fagbohuns office i must have met about 15 nigerians.... and im sure some of dem dey this thread or are guest....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
My husband applied for B1/B2, n he got his visa last week. He told them his wife is going to give birth in the states. I also got a B1/B2 visa. Accdn to the response i got frm the embassy, u cn apply for anyone, the officer would decide which to gve u. Jst my little contributiion.
segbas:
Hello House,

Please those who accompanied their spouse, how did you fill DS160 form? As for the Pregnant mother, hers is B2, but we (I and our daughter) are we filling B2 OR B1/B2?

Please reply.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
segbas:
Hello House,

Please those who accompanied their spouse, how did you fill DS160 form? As for the Pregnant mother, hers is B2, but we (I and our daughter) are we filling B2 OR B1/B2?

Please reply.

You can apply for B2 or B1/B2, there is no problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
cherie24:

@Kizluv - abeg no crucify that lady, doh i feel u sha. e better make she get all the facts now by clarifying if what she wants is bread or puff puff than going there and she begin dey chop akara.

@dabiggy - please do everything within ur powers and settle every cent just like the oda sis's have advised. i dont knw how u want to do. You absolutely have no right to benefit from that medical care. if you like, sitdon there dey chop kpomo. my gud pple, please profer solutions from past experiences to enable her proceed in settling the gbese as milk don spill already.

Lol, Gosh, I done laugh taya... princeAdeAde say naaa bread, trust him or do research. Anyways , she better pass the person wey milk don spill. May God intervene at this point...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
cherie24:

Abeg is she a green card holder? ask her if she has a social security number abi she get american passport ni? you see how WE - in this part of the world love freebies even when its illegal. Ignorance is highly UNACCEPTABLE. its becos of ladies like her that the US govt. is thightening their fist on this kind of opportunity making it impossible for genuine people to get this opportunity. Tomorrow na, dem go say one naija woman come here come born without paying. e no go hard na, dem go begin speak grammar - cheating the system, use of false documents, illegal bla bla bla..

Shey una dey see..wen they say, take time and read wat others are writing and take note of experiences , una no go gree.

This is my 2cents

Read of someone on this forum that made this same mistake,she came back to naija and wanted to renew her visa and was told to go back and settle the debt before coming back for renewal and she got her visa after settling the debt. I have also heard of people that even after they applied for renewal and were told to go back and settle their debt and they did they still were not given visa.
My advice to you is look for a way and work out a payment plan with the hospital and clear your debt and collect your letter of zero balance if not to get yankee visa again from 9ja go hard o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hi Bernghos. You may nt need to reapply. My visa expires in April and am traveln ds feb. I sent a mail to the embassy and i was told that u cn still use d visa even on d last day. What matters is the length of time u get stamped in at POE. Hope this helps.

Bernghos:
Dear House,

Please, I intend to travel in May'15 but my passport is expiring in OCT'15. Please, any idea if will be a problem to the CBP at POE?

Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Heliano:
I am presently in philadelphia, just had my baby girl, it is a testimony I used Delaware County Memorial hospital (DCMh) and the service was great, and they are. Also considerate really.

Finally, some good news .Congratulations dearie...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ahaika23: 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na wa o. No body wants to answer me. sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
somchisom:
Hi Bernghos. You may nt need to reapply. My visa expires in April and am traveln ds feb. I sent a mail to the embassy and i was told that u cn still use d visa even on d last day. What matters is the length of time u get stamped in at POE. Hope this helps.

I dont think Bernghos issue is the same with yours o,in her own case her passport is going to expire soon,not her visa o. I dont think its the same thing o. Will advice she renews her passport before leaving naija and travels with both. My 2 cent. Gurus in the house pls contribute.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
THANKS SO MUCH

customised87:

All of u are to apply for B2. Its called medical and tourism
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

somchisom:
My husband applied for B1/B2, n he got his visa last week. He told them his wife is going to give birth in the states. I also got a B1/B2 visa. Accdn to the response i got frm the embassy, u cn apply for anyone, the officer would decide which to gve u. Jst my little contributiion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
THANKS BOSS

justwise:

You can apply for B2 or B1/B2, there is no problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
ahaika23:
Na wa o. No body wants to answer me. sad
I wish I could, to begin with California is an expensive state.
Maybe your brother can transfer money to you that you would slowly lodge in your account , so your statement has enough money to foot her bills? That has to depend on what you do to, so it doesn't look suspicious.
Honestly this isn't my area of expertise. So sorry...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
belfy:

Phema ooo,I Don laff tire tears full my eyes.u dey labour u still remember to ask questions.that means na pre labour pain. I feel you jare, I will impress it on my subconscious mind to ask if any service is free smiley

My dear, na correct labour ooo. Had to quickly ask in between contractions cheesy. No blame me toomuch. I no ready for stories that touch. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Doesn't strike me like she plans to pay the bills. Considering her friend helped her and she left for the US very early, there was probably no intention to pay from the onset.

cherie24:

This is my 2cents

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ahaika23: 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
kizluv:

I wish I could, to begin with California is an expensive state.
Maybe your brother can transfer money to you that you would slowly lodge in your account , so your statement has enough money to foot her bills? That has to depend on what you do to, so it doesn't look suspicious.
Honestly this isn't my area of expertise. So sorry...
what if his invitation letter states that he will foot her bills, woud that be enough grounds that her expenses wouldnt be an issue?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
@ceee, replied.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
ahaika23:
what if his invitation letter states that he will foot her bills, woud that be enough grounds that her expenses wouldnt be an issue?

Sincerely speaking, this won't fly. You will just be telling the VO that you and your wife cannot afford to give birth in the US and that is a red flag.

You either wait till you have enough money in your account before applying or apply with the little you have and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
kizluv:
Search for Heliano ' s post, she is currently in Philadelphia using Delaware County memorial or so
@ phema, last quote we got was $7500 but Heliano said she got discount.
Egwon, I hope this helps...

Oh, e don cost reach like that? These hospitals are not smiling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=customised87 post=30244448]

B2 covers both medical and Tourism. Go for B2

Wrong! Go for B1/B2.......

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ceee(f): 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Phema:
@ceee, replied.

sent u a pm pls rrply tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Zozokuzo142: 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
cherie24:

I sent them an email to declare the preggy so they called me to come with the passport. Please bear in mind that this didnt happen in Naija ooo

Pls @cherie24 where did this happen? if u can elaborate more it will be most helpful/ My wife got her visa in naija that she will be going for training in june but she will be using the visa to give birth. i will really apprciate honestly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
ceee:
sent u a pm pls rrply tnx

But the post you quoted says "replied" na.
Ok, ceee, I've replied your PM. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thank you.

dere5:

My sister is in dallas at the moment and so are a couple of people on this forum,this is the first time i am hearing of quarantine o!
Search on this thread or Google JPS hospital and check the doctors affiliated with them, do same also for Dr Abass and check hospitals that he works with.
I hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ahaika23: 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
Phema:

Sincerely speaking, this won't fly. You will just be telling the VO that you and your wife cannot afford to give birth in the US and that is a red flag.

You either wait till you have enough money in your account before applying or apply with the little you have and hope for the best.
Ok, thank you for honest response. One more thing, is $4,000 to little to present as cash to be carried by my wife? What would be the least acceptable cash a VO can accept?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ceee(f): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
Phema:

But the post you quoted says "replied" na.
Ok, ceee, I've replied your PM. smiley

I dint see it oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
ahaika23:
Ok, thank you for honest response. One more thing, is $4,000 to little to present as cash to be carried by my wife? What would be the least acceptable cash a VO can accept?

The money you should present should be enough to foot your hospital bills and take care of your miscellaneous needs. You should also have extra. So it doesn't look like your using all you have for the birth project.

So, calculate how much the hospital you intend to use charges, DR's fees, Paediatrician fees, lab work, Aneasthesiologist fees, flight fare, transportation within the city you intend having your baby etc

For a sample of a budget sheet you could use, check pages 105 and 106 of this thread.

Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.