Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379248 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doxat(m): 2:25am On Apr 23, 2012
mcbertin: I have read all the comments with keen intrest and wants to seek opinion of someone who has gone through this before. I have plans of traveling to US with my husband and my 2year old baby. I also plan to have baby in US and yet to get a visa, is it beeter to tell the consulate officer in Nigeria that we are going on a family vacation or that I am going to have a baby in US.

Candid opinion pls!

if you can show evidence that you can pay for your medical bills, they should, besides a preg test will be carried out so don't think not telling them is an option. most people i knw usually have visa's before the get preg, like get a year or 2 multiple visa, so when preg u don't need go to the embassy. After child birth, keep all your receipts well, it will be required of you at point of exit from the US. if you alone apply for a visa, you will be granted cos your family is back home, the whole family wanting to leave will raise a red flag! but seriously, dos guys at the embassy are so unpredictable, depends on the person interviewing you. all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lagoshost(m): 12:14am On Apr 25, 2012
I am interested in this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
mcbertin: I have read all the comments with keen intrest and wants to seek opinion of someone who has gone through this before. I have plans of traveling to US with my husband and my 2year old baby. I also plan to have baby in US and yet to get a visa, is it beeter to tell the consulate officer in Nigeria that we are going on a family vacation or that I am going to have a baby in US.

Candid opinion pls!

Do not say you are going to have the baby in the US if you are not requesting for a medical Visa.

All of you could be be given a visiting visa if you can prove that you have strong ties with Nigeria e.g you or your husband work in a very good company.(someone mentioned in an earlier post that his family was denied despite the fact that he works in an oil company!)

Sometimes these things are not black or white, a pregnant colleague of mine was denied while another one was given despite her 'yes' answer to the pregancy question, the interviewer looked at her bank account and said she could afford to have the baby in the US if she wanted to.that was in Abuja.

As someone mentioned , it is better to go apply for the visa before getting pregnant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
[i][/i][b][/b]
doxat:

if you can show evidence that you can pay for your medical bills, they should, besides a preg test will be carried out so don't think not telling them is an option. most people i knw usually have visa's before the get preg, like get a year or 2 multiple visa, so when preg u don't need go to the embassy. After child birth, keep all your receipts well, it will be required of you at point of exit from the US. if you alone apply for a visa, you will be granted cos your family is back home, the whole family wanting to leave will raise a red flag! but seriously, dos guys at the embassy are so unpredictable, depends on the person interviewing you. all the best
[b][quote author=doxat]

Really? I have never heard of anyone being asked to present her receipts at the point of exit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doxat(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2012
Shinatu: [i][/i][b][/b][b]

ya ya, they do now, cos plp kept coming here to have babies and not pay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by positiveb: 10:20am On May 13, 2012
Ops E: I was at US Embassy last Thursday with my wife (planning for US delivery, her EDD is July 20th)and were granted visa, though duration will only be confirmed tomorrow when we pick up our passports. We were asked about our kids ages and schools and if we're expecting any baby next year, we answered No, since we are actually expecting this year and not next year, however we did not give further detail, my concern is I hope this will not be mis-interpreted to mean lie later in the future. Can someone with similar experience help.
. Hello,I sent you a mail.Can we talk?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DCTrendy(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2012
I am not really new here so i know i can get advice.

I stay with my big brother. He is married and wife is pregnant. 7months with the baby.

He wants this baby born in the US so they applied for the visa yesterday and paid the hospital bill upfront and have the receipts,

got an invitation from his business partner and accommodation letter as well.

He has his company and wife works with a bank, so they got all the docs and statements of accounts.

According to them, the interview would have been successful but

The VO asked why he was traveling and he said business visit [thinking VO was directing the question to him alone]

then the guy ask what type of business he does etc, travel history which he had and then he turned to the wife, @ this time he taught he was going to ask why

she was going, o they can be able to present the recepits n the letter from the doctor but the VO just ask if she had traveled before? And she said no. And that

was it.

THey said alot of pple were there and the VO was actually rushing.

So they were unable to mention they re going to have a baby and all fee re paid already etc..!!!

He later realized the question [why re you going to the US] was probably meant for both of them!

What can they do??

My brother went to pay for another application fee again today but on getting to the appointment page, no space available until September which would have been too late.

My thought was that they should try and make the hospital send a letter directly to the State department so that they can get an expedient date arranged or something. Do u think this is ok for them? will it not affect or label them?? I am sure, the hosptial will like to do this as they wont like to loose that money paid.

Plz brothers and sisters? help o...If am able to give him a good suggestion, he will be so happy..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ojdollars(m): 1:24am On May 19, 2012
DC Trendy: I am not really new here so i know i can get advice.

I stay with my big brother. He is married and wife is pregnant. 7months with the baby.

He wants this baby born in the US so they applied for the visa yesterday and paid the hospital bill upfront and have the receipts,

He has his company and wife works with a bank, so they got all the docs and statements of accounts.

The VO asked why he was traveling and he said business visit [thinking VO was directing the question to him alone]

then the guy ask what type of business he does etc, travel history which he had and then he turned to the wife, @ this time he taught he was going to ask why

she was going, o they can be able to present the recepits n the letter from the doctor but the VO just ask if she had traveled before? And she said no. And that

was it.

So they were unable to mention they re going to have a baby and all fee re paid already etc..!!!

He later realized the question [why re you going to the US] was probably meant for both of them!

What can they do??

My brother went to pay for another application fee again today but on getting to the appointment page, no space available until September which would have been too late.

My thought was that they should try and make the hospital send a letter directly to the State department so that they can get an expedient date arranged or something. Do u think this is ok for them? will it not affect or label them?? I am sure, the hosptial will like to do this as they wont like to loose that money paid.

Plz brothers and sisters? help o...If am able to give him a good suggestion, he will be so happy..

@DC_Trendy, Aunty, yours bros for nor go apply with him wife, that one na over sabi nai do am, America nor care about where you dey work, is your Job better than the job of someone representing a whole nation like the US? Ppl tends to bank on a lot of things that isn't suppose to be da way. Anyway, they only need you to convince them that you are a genuine traveler and has ties back home, sometimes, is your rappor with them that would discourage them from checking your documents. Well, contact Fast-Links on Nairaland travel section here, he is an expertise on this type of issue and can also get a closer date for application for your Aunty. Go forward
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DCTrendy(m): 6:03am On May 19, 2012
My brother,

Thank you very much. I think my brother is a little worried about sending her to the US alone because of the lack of travel experience of aunty. And also, he wants to be around around to encourage her during/after the labour.

Thank you so much, I will contact fask link, I think I have seen one of his post before.

Travel brothers n sisters in d house plz reply this post oº°˚˚˚°. Abeg.

Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FASTLINK1: 7:32am On May 19, 2012
DC Trendy: I am not really new here so i know i can get advice.

was it.

What can they do??

Hello!

I suppose you are the one that sent me a mail, here's my opinion:-

They were denied because the wife is pregnant and that is the simple truth. The VO is aware of that, the reason she wasn't ask if she was pregnant.

The only condition she'd be considered on doctor's recommendation is if her situation is complicated that it can not be handled in Nigeria.

Getting an expedited appointment may not really be a problem here but securing a visa with the wife and her condition.

The no travel exprience thing is just an excuse
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DCTrendy(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2012
Ahhh...Ok,

Thank you for the quick response and yes I sent the mail. So, i think they should just chill out then right?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by johnkent(m): 1:05am On May 20, 2012
Pregnant=no visa.
Your brother and his spouse need to give up their dream of having a natural born US citizen!!! SMH
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TG(m): 12:04am On May 21, 2012
hmmm......

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mcbertin: 10:08pm On May 23, 2012
Hi guys,pregnancy does not disqualify anyone for a US visa, just got one & I plainly told the truth abt my intentions to have a baby in the states. I'm 7mths gone already, I also presented my receipt of hosp payment. However I'll be glad if I can get suggestions of affordable hosps in Chicago or newyork as I don't ve any relative in my present hospital location. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by OpsE1: 12:58am On May 24, 2012
I am in Houston with my wife now, helping her to settle down for the delivery. We got a Dr affiliated to Wst Houston Medical Center for $2,200 and hospital payment is also $2,200, though we did some tests in Nigeria but was not admitted so we will do some more tests hopefully less than $1,000. So all may fall below $6,000. Anyone planning to come over to Houston can try the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by OpsE1: 1:00am On May 24, 2012
I saw a request not a mail.Anyway, Ihave not been online recently.We can talk anytime you want. Cheers

positiveb: . Hello,I sent you a mail.Can we talk?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by OpsE1: 1:11am On May 24, 2012
It is not true that they carry out a pregnancy test for US visa. Your advise that when you have 2 year multiple visa, one can get preg and travel is also debatable, you can actually be turned back at the point of entry if you were asked about pregnancy during your interview and you said No, because the condition of giving you visa can be referred to and the pregnancy if not disclosed or recorded can lead to entry denial or reduction in your stay. Lastly,I am not aware that you need your receipts when exiting, you only need it when re-applying in the future especially if you use a visitor's visa when you travelled to have your baby to prove that you had your baby in US and paid all your bills fully because failure to prove that can lead to denial.

doxat:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doxat(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2012
when applying for a US visa, you are made to carry out a series of test, one of which is a pregnancy test and you will not be issued a visa primary for the purpose of child birth. A close family friend came to give birth 2 months ago, at point of birth registration she was asked for medical receipts, she was told to have it handy when leaving. she was told in very clear terms that she would be required to produce them at point of exit.

Ops E: It is not true that they carry out a pregnancy test for US visa. Your advise that when you have 2 year multiple visa, one can get preg and travel is also debatable, you can actually be turned back at the point of entry if you were asked about pregnancy during your interview and you said No, because the condition of giving you visa can be referred to and the pregnancy if not disclosed or recorded can lead to entry denial or reduction in your stay. Lastly,I am not aware that you need your receipts when exiting, you only need it when re-applying in the future especially if you use a visitor's visa when you travelled to have your baby to prove that you had your baby in US and paid all your bills fully because failure to prove that can lead to denial.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 2:03pm On May 28, 2012
doxat: when applying for a US visa, you are made to carry out a series of test, one of which is a pregnancy test and you will not be issued a visa primary for the purpose of child birth. A close family friend came to give birth 2 months ago, at point of birth registration she was asked for medical receipts, she was told to have it handy when leaving. she was told in very clear terms that she would be required to produce them at point of exit.

I have never been asked to do a medical test, and I have not heard about anyone being asked to do a test before getting a US visit visa. I know you may be asked to do a test to get a Canadian visa because a friend of mine went through that at a time. A colleague just got back from Houston with her new born and she was not asked to present any medical receipts at the point of exit!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 2:10pm On May 28, 2012
mcbertin: Hi guys,pregnancy does not disqualify anyone for a US visa, just got one & I plainly told the truth abt my intentions to have a baby in the states. I'm 7mths gone already, I also presented my receipt of hosp payment. However I'll be glad if I can get suggestions of affordable hosps in Chicago or newyork as I don't ve any relative in my present hospital location. Thanks

Try St John's episcopal Hospital at Queens, New York. http://www.ehs.org/stjohnshospital/index.html
Use the 'Find a Physician' button to get a Nigerian OBGYN, they have a couple of them.The Doctor can negotiate with the hospital on your behalf, a friend got a CS done for a total of about 7K.

By the way, why did you pay the hospital when you did not have a place to stay in that location, or I did not get you right?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by soye35: 8:40am On Jun 07, 2012
Hey house,i think its of no good for any 9ja family with a better sense of reasoning to go for such that expensive child delivery in the usa ,while back home here in 9ja,u pay nothing,i mean its absolutely free to deliver ur kids here at home,be wise and stop being crazy of having american citizenship,u can better use the thousands of dollars on better things,gudluck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doxat(m): 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
soye35: Hey house,i think its of no good for any 9ja family with a better sense of reasoning to go for such that expensive child delivery in the usa ,while back home here in 9ja,u pay nothing,i mean its absolutely free to deliver ur kids here at home,be wise and stop being crazy of having american citizenship,u can better use the thousands of dollars on better things,gudluck.

WOW.. inspirational. it's safe to assume you will turn down an opportunity to further your education in the US or UK right?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
soye35: Hey house,i think its of no good for any 9ja family with a better sense of reasoning to go for such that expensive child delivery in the usa ,while back home here in 9ja,u pay nothing,i mean its absolutely free to deliver ur kids here at home,be wise and stop being crazy of having american citizenship,u can better use the thousands of dollars on better things,gudluck.

Free delivery in Nigeria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tpia5: 1:35am On Jun 08, 2012
i know, right? This is crazy. If only these people know what they're exposing their kids to in the name of giving them overseas citizenship. Smh. Oh well. At least the hospitals are making money.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jesusbaby2009: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have secured my visa but I am confused as to whether I have to make medical arrangement before I travel and whether I need to make payment first. Will my receipts be required at the point of entry? Pls anyone with additional helpful hints. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fortresskay: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello,

Does anyone know a good hospital and doctor in Dallas with reasonable pricing?

Just to add some comments to the discussion here.

I know diff pple have different experiences of entering the US while pregnant but i think taking the advice from the CBP office is sufficient. Every other thing is a myth.
When my wife travelled last week, we made sure she had:

1. Travel insurance in case of medical emergency (note this does not cover pregnancy)
2. Some money in a bank account and a credit card (both sufficient to cover pregnancy bills)
3. Evidence of what work she does here at home

She didnt need any of this when she arrived the US as the officer just said hello, asked why she went to UAE last year and that was it. However if she was stopped due to pregnancy all she needed to say is that she has sufficient funds to cover all medical expenses and will not be a ward of the US govt.
see this page for further details - https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved (this is the most recent update 30 may 2012)

So please let me know if you've given birth in Dallas before - hospital / ob-gyn choices and price range.

Thanks
[b][/b]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kinbol: 12:13am On Aug 03, 2012
hello peps, have found lots of your comments and responce very usefull and educating, however i have decided to ave my baby in housten TX.my headach now is how to secure an affordable accomodatoin as i do not ave any reletive there. does any one ave any infor about how to get a one bed apartment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kinbol: 1:06am On Aug 03, 2012
am really intested in the brithing centers /midwife delivery, can anyone throw more ligth on there locations, services and cost. possibly in houston or its environs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamathrice: 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hello, I would appreciate any advice I can get. I would like to know my chances and what I can do to get a visa to travel to the USA to have a baby. I had my first child in the USA but I was turned down when I tried to renew my visa because I lied that I wasn't pregnant the first time around. That was last November. I paid my medical bills and everything though but I lied the first time around. Any chances I can ever get another visa to have a child there again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by loconzo00: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hello guys.
Good forum and nice helpful posts.
I will appreciate helpful advise here as well.
My family just won a DV2013 GREEN CARD.
We believe in God for successful interview.
However, my wife who is the principal applicant is pregnant.
We recon she might be 7 months pregnant by the time of entrance to US.
We hope to stay with a friend in New Jersey on arrival.
At the moment we are highly hard on cash.
Kindly advise on what steps we need to take to manage the cost of delivery to affordable minimum.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nonoma: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
4 years ago, I deliver in USA and unfortunatly Medicaid paid for hospital fees. Last week I went to request a visa and they denied.
could somebody tell me how could I do to pay back Medicaid? I call them several time, sent them emails without answer. Finaly I got one answer saying that I can't pay back.

Could somebody tell me what I had to do? If I have to ask a lower, can somebody help me find the good one?
All advices ara welcome.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by abiolu: 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
Hi All,
Does anyone knows of any reasoble place to have a baby in Maryland. I have had some quote but its very high.any suggestion would be welcomed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.