Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (13030 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / Guys List The Dishes You Can Cook Here. / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by biyibabe(f): 2:10am On Sep 30, 2006
They are white&jollof rice,eba,amala,boiled yam,spaggetti and not 4gettin indomie noddles.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dolliepie(f): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2006
i can cook almost every nigerian dishes but never really had d time to cook.i dont cook anyday anytime prolly once in n a month or smth

1 Like

Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Douzy(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2006
TEA! - I hardly eat any other thing.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jammin(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2006
cornbeef and plain rice with mixed vegatables. i can do that anytime.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lioness(f): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2006
fried rice
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jammin(m): 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2006
egg fried rice?? or shrimp fried rice? love both smiley with sweet&sour chicken.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by PTBNaija(f): 8:23am On Nov 21, 2006
I can cook all Nigerian dishes except for farina (fufu) soups. I still need to learn that from my mommy, grin

But I can cook Asian, Italian, French, I can cook a lot of stuff. I just love to cook for some reason, well and I always like to experiment with foods too.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lioness(f): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2006
akamu
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2006
whenever am hungry and i need a quick meal its indomie noodles cause it does not take up to 10mins and its ready tongue
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lioness(f): 9:36am On Dec 11, 2006
Akamu cheesy
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jammin(m): 2:53am On Dec 12, 2006
Right now am doing curried chicken mash potatoes and baked beans.

gonna blend some guava and make guava juice, addind a tinge of strawberry syrup.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2006
ha it looks like you really love eating grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jammin(m): 11:02pm On Dec 12, 2006
Not really. i live alone, so what i do is cook for today, and some other day in the week.
store the remainder in Rubbermaid plastic containers, then put in freezer.

When i am tired, or dont have the time, i defrost and microwave to eating temperature.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lioness(f): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2006
Gezz man! ur either fat or lonely sad sad
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jammin(m): 2:46am On Dec 15, 2006
@lioness. hahahahahahah cheesy i find your comment funny. single people are never lonely.
they might be emotionally unattached, but never lonely. cool

oh. had to come back to respond to the "fat" component. Not at all 5' 9" 160lbs. all muscles.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by ikamefa(f): 5:00am On Dec 15, 2006
ogbono soup filled with assorted meat and eba
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lioness(f): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2006
@jammin smiley

hmmmm, u must look good then grin
my bad wink
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jammin(m): 2:40am On Dec 21, 2006
doing something with fish righ now. will modify because i don't want my fishes to burn
ok. am back. got 4 reasonable size fish. don't know the name, only know that they areĀ  pink.

i deep fried them in soya oil. bringing them to just past golden brown. prior to frying them i had added salt and backpepper to them. sorry for the omiss.

I had sliced a big purple onion, chopped a medium size tomato a sprig of eskellion,a piece of thyme and a peg of garlic.
I also had remove excess oil from the sauce pan i was using. so i then added all those ingredients to the hot fish oil remaining in the pan.
stirring constantly wait until you begin to smell the flavors being released from the different condiments, reduce flame and add fishes once again. this is to catch the flavours into the fishes.
after about 2 minutes remove fishes and add water to the flavored oil mix. add kraft barBq sauce. i like the one with honey. bring that mixture to a soft boil, then once again reduce flame. add the fishes and allow to simmer adding a tin of green peas. simmer to the point where the liquid in the pan is part gravy part oil. turn off stove

cook rice as usual. i use an old pressure cooker cause the bottom is thick. (never had much use for rice cookers) i usually cover my rice with 3/4 inch of water to ensure a shelly type of cook. after rice is finish. dish outĀ  the din din.

and that is my meal for today. grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 1:01am On Jan 13, 2007
My Dinner for This Evening
Stew peas and rice

Doing a stew with Chicken, Chicken Feet, and a bit of stew beef. Red Kidney peas, coconut milk and dumplings.
prepare the chicken feet, by removing that yellow outer skin and and nails. clean innards from the chicken.

Put to boil the peas, you can also pressure it if you have time constraints. when the peas are almost cook, add garlic powder salt, blackpepper, chicken spices, and other powdered condiments of your choice.
Add the meats, that is the stew beef and chicken, don't add the feet yet.
allow the everything to boil for awhile then add the feet. continue to cook.
Cook until all meats are done add coconut milk and continue cooking. add dumplings and continue cooking.
add spices. thyme eskellion chopped onions and a bit of chopped garlick. cook until the stew is just on the thick side. remove from flames.

steam rice as per usual. serve with a you favourite drink. this evening just having Kool aid--- cherry flavour.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by omogenaija(f): 2:45am On Jan 13, 2007
@ jammin

r u jamacian or nigerian ? either way can u give me the cooking instructing for jerk chicken
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 3:20am On Jan 13, 2007
i think something is wrong with that fellow. either he is sick or banned. either way he has not been around for awhile. grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 1:12am On Jan 16, 2007
preparing rice and chicken

be back with the commentary.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by ZuluNation(m): 1:14am On Jan 16, 2007
I can make fufu with stew
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2007
i missed the doing the Dinner posting recently.
its7:30am so i shall post my BREAKFAST preparation tongue
2 Eggs
3 slices Hardough bread
1 sausage/frankfurter.
packet of cocoa with marshmellows.

scramble fry eggs adding ketchup, salt and blackpeppper. fry frankfurter. bring water to boil. add packet of cocoa to cup and add hot water. sweeten with condense milk. oh, toast bread. add anchor butter when having. thats it!!!
BREAKFAST!!!. grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by CrazyMan(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2007
Rice
Roup
Boiled Yam
Garri
Akamu
Akara

they're still lots and lots of them infact am a good cook cool
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2007
2pm
SUNDAY

Rice & peas with chicken or your favourite meat

For those who don't know sundays is the day for rice and peas with your favourite meat. most people will go with chicken, as the bird is aways tasty. so chicken it is today. Lets go through how its done.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dblock(m): 5:06am On Jan 22, 2007
I can whip up a nice mix
Here's one i made earlier, hmmmmm yummy cheesy

[img]http://sw.deri.org/~knud/fotoblog/05/0501/050101-NewYearsDay/Picture(30).jpg[/img]
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 5:42am On Jan 22, 2007
wtf is that
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dblock(m): 5:52am On Jan 22, 2007
It's a family delicacy, if we organize a meeting or something, i could, whip one up especially for you grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 6:03am On Jan 22, 2007
he he he he he grin you still haven't said what it is
would love to know so i can commend you on the attractiveness. cool
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dblock(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2007
It's called; Gishnou
It's made from, The pigs buttocks, it is coated with cow excrete and may be eaten with greis soda grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by mamaput(f): 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2007
the only thing i can cook any time, to tell the truth is soak garri.
If am sick nothing will make me stand in the kitchen.
so please lets start telling the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Table Etiquette- For Lefthanded People / Disgusting Cake Pictures / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.