Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (13029 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / Guys List The Dishes You Can Cook Here. / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by omogenaija(f): 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2007
@ phoneixman

where r the instructions for jerk chicken angry angry
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 2:16am On Jan 24, 2007
well its now 8:14 pm
i was late in getting home and i want fish for dinner. its easy to prepare and relatively quick.

So white rice and sliced fish will be my feast this evening.

i notice the guy jammin [/b]prepares his fish [b]EXACTLY as i would. so i wlii not bother to put the instructions here. i am going
to prepare my dinner now. so nomore post until i am eating. grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by omogenaija(f): 2:27am On Jan 25, 2007
i want jerk chicken angry angry stop wasting my time
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by chistiana(f): 4:59pm On Jan 28, 2007
I think Garri with cold water is the easiest food, as mamaput as said, i mean for the lazy ones who can't cook.

My best food so far, i can cook any time any day, but not easy to pound.

Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup,

slice your yam, and wash it wit clean water, do not add salt when boiling, then matched, i mean pound to smoth to your taste.

Egui Soup to go, which is melon soup.

Wash thoroughly the beef oxtail bushmeat. Place a large pot with sliced onions season with salt add a drop of water. and cook for 30 minutes.

Add the washed dry fish and stockfish, please soak the dry fish before u cook. and cook for another 10 minutes.
place back the pot on heat. Pour the oil, notice it might be vegatable oil, or palmoil. into the pot when hot add the ground tomatoes onions and peppers and fry for 10 minutes. Add the ground egusi and iru stirring thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes. Finally add cooked meats washed bitter leaf, not necessary u make use of bitterleaf. Crayfish and the stock. Allow to boil then simmer for 15 minutes.

then your pounded yam and your melon soup is ready to serve,

get cold cream milk, or juice to go with it.

@ pheonixman
am sure u can cook this any time u want.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by mamaput(f): 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2007
In our village we do not add tomatoes to egusi.
Thats for those that do not use palmoil.
And the Egusi has to cook for very long.
we also do not fry
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by LadyT(f): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2007
In our house we have egusi Igebu which has no onions or tomatoes!

Delicious!

I dont think african food can ever be prepared quickly! But we have beautiful food!
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by chistiana(f): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2007
@LadyT

That ur watery Egusi soup, nhhhhhhhhhh any way its kool but it watery.

i guess u from Ijebu, any way can u help me with ifokore, i dont mind u telling me how to cook it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 12:46am On Jan 30, 2007
@chistiana.
what is dried fish? is it codfish?
also what is stockfish? is it regular fish? the kind that fishermen sells at the seaside, or the ones you get in the supermarket?
beef oxtail bushmeat? is this like oxtail? the tails of cows?
crayfish i know is shrimps. wanna try this recipe, but want to use the true ingredients.

if anyone can clarify the above question, feel free to post.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2007
To date. no one can provide the info.
tskkkkkk.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by OpeLovely(f): 4:43am On Feb 16, 2007
Semo,
White rice and Jollof-rice (not the concoction),
Fried stew and normal stew,
Amala,
Eba,
Efo-Riro,
Egusi soup with all the condiments like smoked fish, efo soko, small bitter leaf, crayfish and assorted meat,
Ogbono soup,
Indomie,
Yam Porridge,
Boiled yam and fried egg,
Sphagetti with tomato sauce,
Beef stew, fish stew,
and Scotch egg.

I want to learn how to cook Afang and i can't pound yam because my folks don't want me to learn that.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 6:43am On Feb 16, 2007
@opelovely
so whose bride you ready to be now? cheesy
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by acidrop(f): 6:55am On Feb 16, 2007
OMG all dem recipee shocked shocked yummmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyy cheesy
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by OpeLovely(f): 12:52am On Feb 17, 2007
My Mom made sure i and my sisters learnt how to cook and would usually scold us if we were watching tv instead of sweating it out in the kitchen. She's late now but her memory lives on.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by phoenixman: 2:41am On Feb 17, 2007
ok. well i shall be checking up on you from now on.
i just checked your profile. hope thats really you.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by acidrop(f): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2007
OpeLovely:

My Mom made sure i and my sisters learnt how to cook and would usually scold us if we were watching tv instead of sweating it out in the kitchen. She's late now but her memory lives on.

i think i moms did that grin

but i got my lessons from my grandma, so wateva ur mom did, it was x3 of wat ma grandma did embarassed
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by chistiana(f): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2007
An Igbo Soup Okazie and Cassava,

pls i need a help who can cook Oha soup,an Igbo soup.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lolabaloo(f): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2007
semo ball is the easiest but i wont mind garri, groundnut and cold water anytime anyday
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by WesleyanA(f): 2:14am On Mar 05, 2007
lola baloo:

i wont mind garri, groundnut and cold water anytime anyday

lol
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by bunmii(f): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2007
rice , stew, fried dodo, egg (boiled & fried), pounded yam ( the kind in london with flour not real yam), amala. infact anything that a nigerian eat in his/her own house.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by kike001(f): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2007
bunmii:

rice , stew, fried dodo, egg (boiled & fried), pounded yam ( the kind in london with flour not real yam), amala. infact anything that a nigerian eat in his/her own house.

u wish lazy bone i do all her cooking 4 her shes as lazy as hell
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by bunmii(f): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2007
kike do i know you   angry grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by 9ja4eva: 1:50am On Mar 25, 2007
Fried Rice.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by OmoEko1(f): 1:51am On Mar 25, 2007
Noodles cheesy tongue and egg
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by 9ja4eva: 1:52am On Mar 25, 2007
Yam Porridge.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by OmoEko1(f): 2:12am On Mar 25, 2007
bread and butter
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by 9ja4eva: 3:24am On Mar 25, 2007
Bread and tea.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jaybaby(f): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2007
Water & Garri
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by 9ja4eva: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2007
Garri and Groundnut.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jaybaby(f): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
Frying Rice grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by 9ja4eva: 5:11am On Mar 27, 2007
Jollofing rice.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by jaybaby(f): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
Stone & Beans
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by 9ja4eva: 7:42am On Mar 29, 2007
Egusi and Salad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Table Etiquette- For Lefthanded People / Disgusting Cake Pictures / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.