Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,496 members, 7,865,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms (14946 Views)

Tinubu Sets Up Constitutional Review Committee On Police Reforms / Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand / Buhari: Disbanding Of SARS First Step To Extensive Police Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
now I see the reason why Buhari calls him 'Osibande' ...... meaning ' ode '

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
And yet they keep killing protesters
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by therajah: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
SARs.. SPECIAL ARMED ROBBERS SQUAD
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by relicng: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Harrybliss(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Anything that wants to replace sars should better and well civilized than sars.
Abeg you none of them should be roaming the street with guns all the time.
Let them be going with baton especially in public places. Their guns shud be in their vehicle.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Jh0wsef:
I have seen enough bloodshed on Twitter and Insta today already. Please 'Like' if you want buhari to go

Go commot am now.

He remains president till 2023.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Chicastle: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The dissolution of SARS will harness more harm than good. Yahoo boys and armed robbers will start having a field day. Yesterday driving through Yaba, I saw a well known Yahoo boy protesting . I just dey laugh inside. 90% of protesters are into one crime or the other. The remaining 10% have affiliates, benifit from or are linked to the protesters .

At least the number of citizens those Sars kills will reduce. I don't even know what you are typing

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
we understand you sir and your good intentions but now the police force is something else. .they have been lieing to us these past years and the big question now is; HAVE SARs been dissolve trully, CAN THEY BE TRUSTED THIS TIME AROUND?
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Princerichi0(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The dissolution of SARS will harness more harm than good. Yahoo boys and armed robbers will start having a field day. Yesterday driving through Yaba, I saw a well known Yahoo boy protesting. I just dey laugh inside. 90% of protesters are into one crime or the other. The remaining 10% have affiliates, benefit from, or are linked to the protesters.
I'm not surprised. I was expecting your kind here

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Lisaint(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
And the same police is firing live rounds at protesters in surulere!

Who’s IGP?
Who’s the governor?
Who’s the Vp?
Who’s the president?
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by AfroKnight: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
What is so difficult in addressing the nation Live?

SARS guys are still operating.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by olarent: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Law maker salaries should be slash by80% so that we can have people that have human being at heart.tweet and retweet
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Passionate888: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na apc guy o, him fit dey lie
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by yultater: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Polg39:

E-COMMERCE, BUSINESS, SCHOOL OR CUSTOM WEBSITES
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12500520_fuyfyuyfuy_jpegb0b60fd47043e6f9887eef879125ccac
CLICK HERE TO REACH OUT TO US

fraudster
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by GeneralPula: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nigerians that “the disbandment of SARS is the first step in our commitment to extensive police reforms in order to ensure that the primary duty of the police and other law enforcement agencies remains the protection of lives and livelihood of our people”.

This is good. Nigeria Police force needs to be check & balance right from the IG down to the lowest rank across all different sections..

They need to change the police requirements.. Most especially when it comes their intelligence..
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by yultater: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
Olorzde:
Locate, Monitor your vehicle 24/7 with your phone, tablet & PC.

Protect your vehicles with the latest, advanced and effective technology and experience peace of mind by knowing the real time location of your vehicle at all time.

Listen to voice conversation going on in your vehicle remotely from your phone in real time and plan your next move irrespective of the distance.

Take 100% control of your car at all time. Stop and Resume your car engine from anywhere you are when neccessary.

WE DO INSTALLATION IN ABUJA LAGOS,PORTHERCOURT,

UYO,CALABA,ILORIN,ABIA,ENUGU,OWERRI,DELTA,BENIN,KOGI,EKITI,OGUN,OSUN, KINDLY CALL US

ON OUR PHONE CONTACT BELOW
. PRICE IS 35.000 NAIRA

fraudster angry
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Fragility6: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The dissolution of SARS will harness more harm than good. Yahoo boys and armed robbers will start having a field day. Yesterday driving through Yaba, I saw a well known Yahoo boy protesting . I just dey laugh inside. 90% of protesters are into one crime or the other. The remaining 10% have affiliates, benifit from or are linked to the protesters .
Before you advertise your stupidity. Was sars created to fight fraudsters? If dey were created to fight fraudsters wat den is the work of efcc? Since you've been on nairaland how many posts have you seen where sars arrested kidnappers or thieves? They are always in the news for wrong reasons. Says a lot for a police unit were one of the requirements is being an ex-convict. Some of una go just open mouth WA dey talk rubbish. After God don use one day create you,you still dont have sense.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by King44(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
TheRareGem1:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

OSINBAJO TO ANTI-SARS PROTESTERS:
GOVERNMENT IS COMMITTED TO PROSECUTION OF RIGHTS VIOLATORS, HOLISTIC POLICE REFORMS

*VP adds: We must all stay focussed & committed, restates disbandment of SARS only first step in process

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has said that government is not only committed to full-scale police reform but also ensuring that wrongful acts are duly investigated and prosecuted.

The Vice President gave the assurance when approached by State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa on Monday, just after the President assured Nigerians that “the disbandment of SARS is the first step in our commitment to extensive police reforms in order to ensure that the primary duty of the police and other law enforcement agencies remains the protection of lives and livelihood of our people”.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, “the President also spoke, few minutes ago, about the prosecution of all those (law enforcement agents) who have committed wrongful acts. I think, all these are commitments that have been made. But we must also understand that it is a process. It is not an event. Reform is a process. We must show commitment. Everyone must be interested, and we must stay focussed on the issues.”

Addressing the concerns of protesters still on the streets, the Vice President said “I think the clear message is that there is a government commitment to ensuring that the process of reform is done and those who have committed wrongful acts are duly investigated and prosecuted.  And whatever replaces SARS is something that is acceptable, first of all, in its compliance to all the tenets of the rule of law and human rights.”

Continuing, the Vice President said “these are all issues that we are very deeply worried about. All of us are deeply concerned about it. Many young people have complained to me. I have also been involved in many cases trying to resolve these kinds of conduct.”

Prof. Osinbajo added that “I think it is a very good moment for the Police Force, a good moment for law enforcement and for all of us. This is the time for reform, a time for change and we are all committed to it.

“Everyone is committed to seeing a Police Force and also Law Enforcement that will meet the expectations of the Nigerian people. The purpose of law enforcement, the purpose of policing, is for the safety of lives and livelihoods of Nigerians. So, we are all committed to that, and I think that everyone is committed, we are all very committed to it.”

The Vice President said “the most important thing is that SARS has been disbanded and the IGP has committed to ensuring not only that it is disbanded but also that whatever takes its place has the full participation of civil society groups and all other stakeholders.”

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
12th October 2020
I am hearing Reform I and also hearing Ban I am confused, it looks more like #rebranding #repacking fa
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by finola23(f): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:

There is something called due process if you think someone is guilty of a crime do appropriate investigation and take the case to court and stop harassing them. Remember the law says innocent until proven guilty

As for the protesters being criminals, you are just reaching. I am not a criminal and I do not support criminality in anyway neither have I benefitted from it.

I hope this helps to educate you
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by sammirano: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
May I add that police waer bodycam going forward
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Yahksbiz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
northern are blockheads
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Stop being silly. Wait how old are you? How many times has your family members being killed or extorted by yahoo boys? I won't pray for you and your family members to be victims of Nigerian Police brutality. To make nigeria good in less than a year;

1. US, UK & UAE should ban Buhari, high ranking members of All Progressive Cankerworm (APC) and their family members from coming into those countries.

2. Their children and wives in US, UK & UAE should be deported back into Nigeria with immediate alacrity.

3. All their funds and properties abroad should be seized.

Within a year, I promise you that Nigeria will no longer be a shit hole country anymore. Buhari and his many theives will rapidly buy common sense and citizens will laugh for the first time in history of this too much hated countr3.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by jametex(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
Osunbade or what are you called, stop deceiving yourself who is fooling who, there is absolutely nothing you and your goro chewing boss can do to salvage this country, i just can't wait for 2021..
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Idonije8(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
abeg shut up keep shut you talk anyhow because you have not experienced it! Did you even hear when the deputy governor of lagos said he was victim even if him na yahoo boy na sarz suppose harrase am? Wetyn. Sarz got to do with yahoo boy?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by iamdynamite(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Jh0wsef:
I have seen enough bloodshed on Twitter and Insta today already. Please 'Like' if you want buhari to go
go to where?,keep deceiving yourself on nairaland
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Eberex(m): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
Reading from a script as usual. TALK TALK TALK!!!
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Brushstrokes20: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
Stale! All motion, no movement!
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by iamdynamite(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
AfroKnight:
What is so difficult in addressing the nation Live?

SARS guys are still operating.
dont be a liar where did you see them with sarz boldly written on their uniform.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Groan Over Fuel Crisis, Queues / Pictures Of The Killers Of European Contractors - SSS / FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.