Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,323 members, 7,864,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms (14942 Views)

Tinubu Sets Up Constitutional Review Committee On Police Reforms / Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand / Buhari: Disbanding Of SARS First Step To Extensive Police Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by 12345baba(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
He is Soo good with spoken words
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by tot(f): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
[s]
KingAzubuike:
The dissolution of SARS will harness more harm than good. Yahoo boys and armed robbers will start having a field day. Yesterday driving through Yaba, I saw a well known Yahoo boy protesting . I just dey laugh inside. 90% of protesters are into one crime or the other. The remaining 10% have affiliates, benifit from or are linked to the protesters .
[/s]

Stop displaying this appalling level of ignorance for goodness sake. Internet is free, use it!!

ThompsonJoo:
If you put SARS and Yahoo in the same sentence, I see you as an intellectually dumb person tbh. You've seen over 2000 videos of police brutality and harrasment, how many videos have you seen of SARS doing their real job? How many times have SARS actually intercepted a kidnapping or challenged armed robbers. It is a special anti robbery squad ffs.. They should operate like SWAT, GIGN, etc.

Nobody is saying End EFCC! You people just go to school but you actually don't think.

In saner climes, you monitor Cyber Space, track a fraudster and arrest him and charge him to court. How many Yahoo boys have SARS charged to court? Can they even? That's not their jurisdiction. They just collect bribe and the Yahoo boy goes back to the street. How does that solve shit? This is not a fight for Yahoo boys, it is a fight for humanity. If we actually want to fight Cyber crime, we would step up cyber surveillance by EFCC..

Some of you just come online but leave your brain offline!
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The dissolution of SARS will harness more harm than good. Yahoo boys and armed robbers will start having a field day. Yesterday driving through Yaba, I saw a well known Yahoo boy protesting . I just dey laugh inside. 90% of protesters are into one crime or the other. The remaining 10% have affiliates, benifit from or are linked to the protesters .
How old are you? Meanwhile To make nigeria good in less than a year;

1. US, UK & UAE should ban Buhari, high ranking members of All Progressive Cankerworm (APC) and their family members from coming into those countries.

2. Their children and wives in US, UK & UAE should be deported back into Nigeria with immediate alacrity.

3. All their funds and properties abroad should be seized.

Within a year, I promise you that Nigeria will no longer be a shit hole country anymore. Buhari and his many theives will rapidly buy common sense and citizens will laugh for the first time in history of this too much hated countr3.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by TheRareGem1(f): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
VP Osinbajo has been working closely on how to end this menace being carried out by the police since the protest starer; he summoned ye IGP and gave a press briefing and it was clear that he is sadden this is happening and the brutality must end hence, he's on the side of Nigerians and nothing more.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by therajah: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
BennyDGreat:
Ok. The president needs to talk as well

https://www.nairaland.com/6167632/5-strategic-actions-buhari-must
Does Nigeria have one?
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by voltront: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
I disagree with your opinion that majority of protestors are into one crime or the other. Majority are into Legit businesses and activities.
I think the protests should be halted for now though.
Soon it will be hijacked by real bad boys.
The message has been passed and as it seems for now heard. Let there be a peaceful atmosphere for the government to react to our cry. They can't afford to sweep this under the carpet as usually. Else.......we will be back!
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by ojokolax: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
there is no helping those who refuse to be helped, most of those speaking negatively at the person of the Vice President are dissidents who have bile riled up within their system are aren't truly focused as to the gains from the positives in the pronouncements that have baned SARS
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Joylove2324(f): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
God bless you Mr Vice President, this body called Nigerian police need a total reformed because 70% of them are all corrupt and brutal. We can't continue to be in a country where we can't have a peaceful protest anymore. We appreciate your effort sir.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by IMASTEX: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Shooyie:
We appreciate your influencing the disbandment of SARS. You've shown time and time again that the plight of Nigerians is a concern.
How this man became under one person that can't even remember his name, let alone knowing what is happening around is still a wonder.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by TheRareGem1(f): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
BennyDGreat:
Ok. The president needs to talk as well

https://www.nairaland.com/6167632/5-strategic-actions-buhari-must

Yeah. He has talked.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Shooyie: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
NwaIgboBoy:
now I see the reason why Buhari calls him 'Osibande' ...... meaning ' ode '

What have you said? Nothing!!
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by rocky95: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
obgeni there is a process and multiple law abiding ways of bringing one to justice not all this attrocities committed by SARS at large ,thier witch hunting of Yahoo boys is non of thier business and was never among the reasons why it was created
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by cray91(m): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
it's still whatever! make dem Endsars first! we go know what's next
KingAzubuike:
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by jrusky(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
csn01:
What we all should have stand for is #EndPOLICEbrutality, not just #EndSARS, because from the onset, they said to us.
SARS will be reformed(2015),
restructured(2016),
reorganized (2017),
reformed(2018),
immediately disbanded(2019),
now dissolved(2020)...(who is fooling who?)

Maybe na Resolve be dia nonsense talk next...
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Shooyie: 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
jametex:
Osunbade or what are you called, stop deceiving yourself who is fooling who, there is absolutely nothing you and your goro chewing boss can do to salvage this country, i just can't wait for 2021..

We have heard na. Why so pained? 2021 Issokay
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by TheRareGem1(f): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:

That's the thing. But I think that's another different ball game. All these celebrities who are directly or indirectly into yahoo yahoo are their protesting. But large proportion of Nigerians just want the killings and harassment to stop and EFCC should beef up their duties and curb this internet fraud.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Tobiloba2407: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Ayo2004: 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Stop talking like an illiterate,if u are going to say rubbish,don't post anything at all,people that commit murder are given life imprisonment,the punishment for internet fraud is not killing...besides,most SARS official don't care if one is into Yahoo or not,dressing and looking good is a symptom of SARS harrassment,SARS should be dissolved and a more efficient and human-rights loving agency should take over....if u think yahoo is the only reason for SARS harrassment,tell your male family member to pass them wearing designer clothes, i-phone and a car and note the outcome
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Bahdsypha(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
People were being shot when he was making this statement
Liar!!!!!
Stop shooting peaceful protesters!!!!!
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Shooyie: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2020
Eberex:
Reading from a script as usual. TALK TALK TALK!!!

Na you sabi that one. He is saying what is and doesn't have to read from a script.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
Rahkman:
thunder fire you flat head okoro

YOLUBA muslim spottedcheesycheesy
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Ayo2004: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
voltront:

I disagree with your opinion that majority of protestors are into one crime or the other. Majority are into Legit businesses and activities.
I think the protests should be halted for now though.
Soon it will be hijacked by real bad boys.
The message has been passed and as it seems for now heard. Let there be a peaceful atmosphere for the government to react to our cry. They can't afford to sweep this under the carpet as usually. Else.......we will be back!

That is exactly what they have been doing over the years....
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by chiedonedoor(m): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Honestly one of the greatest problem this country have ever face is too much grammar.
1 Corinthians 6:9. KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Christ Jesus is coming soon.
Repent to avoid HELL
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by engrjacuzzi: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
it is the turn of FSARs today, Politicians and others shouldn't see Nigerians as weaklings. one day, people will protest for bad governance.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by goodheart02(m): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:

And when did catching yahoo boys become the job of SARS?? What happened to EFCC and ICPC?? If the EFCC would be stepped up and properly managed, internet fraud would be a thing of the past because that's their area of specialty.

Misplaced priorities that's just what's killing this nation.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Bluntemperor: 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
Joylove2324:
God bless you Mr Vice President, this body called Nigerian police need a total reformed because 70% of them are all corrupt and brutal. We can't continue to be in a country where we can't have a peaceful protest anymore. We appreciate your effort sir

Well said,Sis.
All other Security Personnel-be it DSS,SS,EFCC,should wear a NameTag wherever they go to,that will enable Nigerians to identify bad eggs amongst the outfit.This should be alongside their Identity Card.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Eberex(m): 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
Shooyie:

Na you sabi that one. He is saying what is and doesn't have to read from a script.

And it will end in talk talk talk
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Joyce95: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nigerian police are really needy to be reformed because most of them are all corrupt and violent. Nigeria citizen cannot continue with all this innocent soul killing. thank you Mr vice president for your great work
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Ciscogod(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I have been a victim of SARS harassment twice, firstly was for driving my uncle's car , second time was for driving my own car during lockdown after identifying myself as an essential worker they still did not release me, Guess what? they arrested some yahoo boys that same night but they were to release after transferring some amount of cash to them, one of them even open his car and gave them bottles of wine,

SARS does not have issues with Yahoo boys because they always negotiate their way out.. They have issues with working hard citizen, They believe you cant live a better life without committing crime
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by psalmylee(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na God go punish u..short bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Bags Vanguard’s Governor Of The Year Award (photos) / President Buhari Participates At COP15 In Ivory Coast (Photos) / ₦205.19 Billion Debt: Ihedioha Condemns Uzodinma’s Unbridled Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.