Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,543 members, 7,865,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:35 PM

Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms (14947 Views)

Tinubu Sets Up Constitutional Review Committee On Police Reforms / Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand / Buhari: Disbanding Of SARS First Step To Extensive Police Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by okefrancis: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
So for now, I believe you people can see the effectiveness of Mr vice President on the issue of disbanding FSARS
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by okefrancis: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
nullboss:
Every year same bull shit and lies. . Stupid pastor
I need not say much here because you don't have respect for elders including your mumu f*ath* er
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Ekugbeh(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The dissolution of SARS will harness more harm than good. Yahoo boys and armed robbers will start having a field day. Yesterday driving through Yaba, I saw a well known Yahoo boy protesting . I just dey laugh inside. 90% of protesters are into one crime or the other. The remaining 10% have affiliates, benifit from or are linked to the protesters .
you mean even me, am a Yahoo or affiliate?

Wow, and later you would want to run for a political office.

Then why do we even blame this current crop of leaders when even the ones to be are something else.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Jeamillz2020(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
This clueless man should just shut the hell up

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by nullboss: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
okefrancis:

I need not say much here because you don't have respect for elders including your mumu f*ath* er
you and the fellow elders are the stupid generation that brought us here.. stupid bastards.. which one is respect your elders.. the same social construct of respecting stupid elders and failed generation that gave us this mess. You must be very mad. you and your useless elders

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by ojokolax: 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
your pain and bile must be retching on reps. Since you are below 5 years yourself, you might do well to look up the CENFiles and how they relate to the other party I'm too old to be getting dragged into mentioning.
People who live inn glass houses should not throw stones

DamZik:
How old are you? Meanwhile To make nigeria good in less than a year;

1. US, UK & UAE should ban Buhari, high ranking members of All Progressive Cankerworm (APC) and their family members from coming into those countries.

2. Their children and wives in US, UK & UAE should be deported back into Nigeria with immediate alacrity.

3. All their funds and properties abroad should be seized.

Within a year, I promise you that Nigeria will no longer be a shit hole country anymore. Buhari and his many theives will rapidly buy common sense and citizens will laugh for the first time in history of this too much hated countr3.
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Earnonline7: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
oh
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by CioAngels(f): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
TheRareGem1:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

OSINBAJO TO ANTI-SARS PROTESTERS:
GOVERNMENT IS COMMITTED TO PROSECUTION OF RIGHTS VIOLATORS, HOLISTIC POLICE REFORMS

*VP adds: We must all stay focussed & committed, restates disbandment of SARS only first step in process

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has said that government is not only committed to full-scale police reform but also ensuring that wrongful acts are duly investigated and prosecuted.

The Vice President gave the assurance when approached by State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa on Monday, just after the President assured Nigerians that “the disbandment of SARS is the first step in our commitment to extensive police reforms in order to ensure that the primary duty of the police and other law enforcement agencies remains the protection of lives and livelihood of our people”.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, “the President also spoke, few minutes ago, about the prosecution of all those (law enforcement agents) who have committed wrongful acts. I think, all these are commitments that have been made. But we must also understand that it is a process. It is not an event. Reform is a process. We must show commitment. Everyone must be interested, and we must stay focussed on the issues.”

Addressing the concerns of protesters still on the streets, the Vice President said “I think the clear message is that there is a government commitment to ensuring that the process of reform is done and those who have committed wrongful acts are duly investigated and prosecuted.  And whatever replaces SARS is something that is acceptable, first of all, in its compliance to all the tenets of the rule of law and human rights.”

Continuing, the Vice President said “these are all issues that we are very deeply worried about. All of us are deeply concerned about it. Many young people have complained to me. I have also been involved in many cases trying to resolve these kinds of conduct.”

Prof. Osinbajo added that “I think it is a very good moment for the Police Force, a good moment for law enforcement and for all of us. This is the time for reform, a time for change and we are all committed to it.

“Everyone is committed to seeing a Police Force and also Law Enforcement that will meet the expectations of the Nigerian people. The purpose of law enforcement, the purpose of policing, is for the safety of lives and livelihoods of Nigerians. So, we are all committed to that, and I think that everyone is committed, we are all very committed to it.”

The Vice President said “the most important thing is that SARS has been disbanded and the IGP has committed to ensuring not only that it is disbanded but also that whatever takes its place has the full participation of civil society groups and all other stakeholders.”

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
12th October 2020
In deed, during the last short ENDSARS protest, this exactly ead what the government said and the government said they have been reformed unknown to nigerians it was all a big fat lie. If insincerity they were reformed, they won't come back more fiercer, even the president said they have been banned, they were still on the road meaning they are stronger than the president.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by CioAngels(f): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
BennyDGreat:
Ok. The president needs to talk as well

https://www.nairaland.com/6167632/5-strategic-actions-buhari-must
Did i hear you say the president should speak? No, he will not because they have allowed the Vices to talk when it is a dirty game which was why they brought him out from incarceration. Southern leaders?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by akinrinnola11689: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
So for now, I believe you folks can see the efficacy of Mr deputy President on the problem of disbanding FSARS

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
ojokolax:
your pain and bile must be retching on reps. Since you are below 5 years yourself, you might do well to look up the CENFiles and how they relate to the other party I'm too old to be getting dragged into mentioning.
People who live inn glass houses should not throw stones

Firstly, you said I'm below 5 years myself. Secondly, you said you are too old. Can you hear yourself? If am below age 5 and you are too old, both of us won't be here on Nairaland.

Anyway... #EndSARS
Re: Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
TheRareGem1:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

OSINBAJO TO ANTI-SARS PROTESTERS:
GOVERNMENT IS COMMITTED TO PROSECUTION OF RIGHTS VIOLATORS, HOLISTIC POLICE REFORMS

*VP adds: We must all stay focussed & committed, restates disbandment of SARS only first step in process

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has said that government is not only committed to full-scale police reform but also ensuring that wrongful acts are duly investigated and prosecuted.

The Vice President gave the assurance when approached by State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa on Monday, just after the President assured Nigerians that “the disbandment of SARS is the first step in our commitment to extensive police reforms in order to ensure that the primary duty of the police and other law enforcement agencies remains the protection of lives and livelihood of our people”.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, “the President also spoke, few minutes ago, about the prosecution of all those (law enforcement agents) who have committed wrongful acts. I think, all these are commitments that have been made. But we must also understand that it is a process. It is not an event. Reform is a process. We must show commitment. Everyone must be interested, and we must stay focussed on the issues.”

Addressing the concerns of protesters still on the streets, the Vice President said “I think the clear message is that there is a government commitment to ensuring that the process of reform is done and those who have committed wrongful acts are duly investigated and prosecuted.  And whatever replaces SARS is something that is acceptable, first of all, in its compliance to all the tenets of the rule of law and human rights.”

Continuing, the Vice President said “these are all issues that we are very deeply worried about. All of us are deeply concerned about it. Many young people have complained to me. I have also been involved in many cases trying to resolve these kinds of conduct.”

Prof. Osinbajo added that “I think it is a very good moment for the Police Force, a good moment for law enforcement and for all of us. This is the time for reform, a time for change and we are all committed to it.

“Everyone is committed to seeing a Police Force and also Law Enforcement that will meet the expectations of the Nigerian people. The purpose of law enforcement, the purpose of policing, is for the safety of lives and livelihoods of Nigerians. So, we are all committed to that, and I think that everyone is committed, we are all very committed to it.”

The Vice President said “the most important thing is that SARS has been disbanded and the IGP has committed to ensuring not only that it is disbanded but also that whatever takes its place has the full participation of civil society groups and all other stakeholders.”

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
12th October 2020

youth know better these days

government have no morals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months / 300 Nigerian Girls Languish In Libyan Prisons – YAMIDR / Nigeria Looks To Russia, Pakistan For Arms, With Continuing US Embargo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.