Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,611 members, 7,843,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation (30792 Views)

Six Policemen Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Check Point / Over 300 Army/police Check-points Choking S-east —investigation / Eleme Youths Intercepted Stolen Ballot Box By Army, Police In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Ogbuu101: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:
There's nothing wrong with the check points just that extortion should stop
There is nothing wrong with having to come to a complete halt every 1 kilometer,sometimes the checkpoints being less than 500 meters apart?
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by dododawa1: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2020
The road block is too much haba

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Omezif(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2020
It's only extortion and maltreatment they are doing spoiled them, but they tryed by reducing the rate of arm robbery, abducting and other crimes by the road in south east.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by EMMY76: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2020
What a shame so the road safety corps has also joined the nigerian police to be extorting motorists?

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Duru009(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2020
The level of marginalization of the south east is just too extreme ....

The last time I travelled by road I wept for them....
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Ogbuu101: 11:58am On Oct 13, 2020
Birchi33:

Please let's us condemn what is not good in it entirety, and stop bigotry.
I'm not a northerner, but I have been in the north and north is where I do my businesses with my husband.
Saying no checkpoint in the north, is stupidity, lie from the pit of the hell and highest form of ignorance.
Let's us be rational on the way we think, and constructive on the way we criticize please!
Read again, he used the word 'hardly' which is correct.
I worked in Yobe state in the heat of the boko haram menace. B/w Potiskum and Damaturu a distance of about 130km, you find only 4 checkpoints at Potiskum outskirts, Damagum,Ngelzerma and outskirts of Damaturu.
And it is like that all d way from Yobe to Bauchi to Plateau to Nasarawa to Benue until you get to the boundary b/w Benue and Enugu where you start seeing them every 500meters.
I traveled to Kano from Abuja last week it was still the same story of very few checkpoints.

2 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by SlayerForever: 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
This is what SE should be protesting about.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by BrutusOj(m): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:
I doubt if you have ever travelled through any of those roads in the east. You will be tired of the journey, it doesn't make any sense at all. Drivers keep matching breaks every 3-5 minutes to settle uniform men before proceeding. If you are not lucky and your driver mistakenly didn't give them what they want, you will stay on that road for as much as they want. To understand what those in the east are facing, try to make a journey from Kaduna to Katsina and compare it with a journey from Enugu to Abia and see the difference.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by LordOfTheGame: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Christane:
i dont know who else share my view bt to me the country z finished ..i mean completely wrecked off ..the earlier we al realise dat ..we shud al pay less attention to anything in dz country ..in dz country just expect d worst while u pray 4 d best.

You all sharing this sentiments should thank Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for opening your eyes. You people never believed that Nigeria is a failed when Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB were saying it. It has come to you all and here you are, shouting.

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by LordOfTheGame: 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:

There so much wrong in your brains if you can't see handwriting on the wall. The fulani controlled security agencies are laying siege on our land in case of any eventuality, knowing fully well that they've mistreated and provoked us in so many ways. The extortion is just to be oiling their waiting machine while the main mission is hidden.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by CzarChris(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
The cost of traveling from Owerri to Aba before was between #300 and #450, now Owerri to Aba is #1200. I personally counted around 16 checkpoints along the road with the drivers dropping at least 200 at each checkpoint. On my journey to Aba and back last Saturday practically had me weeping for my State.

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by LordOfTheGame: 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
dexmond:
When you lose a war, the winner does everything possible to keep you down. The check points are occupation forces, just that the people are too ignorant to understand.

This is what I was telling one ignorant idiot up there. They 're simply laying siege on our land in case of any eventuality haven committed all sorts of evil again us. The extortion is just to be oiling their waiting machine.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Rodwave: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
IduNaOba:

Remember when IPOB was on the street and was being shot at and Nigerians cheered?
Today end sars protesters are being killed and Nigerians are now understanding what IPOB went through

That’s exactly what most people failed to understand. That it is not you today does not mean that it might not be you tommorow.

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Manageme: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
Pls the should stay there oooo, is for our safty
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Mathantics: 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
People should video these criminal police extorting people and post it online to expose this atrocities this evil Nigeria is carrying on in the South East.

South East is one of the most peaceful regions if not the peaceful.

During GEJ's regime, the police were ask to leave the road, Buhari came a return them.

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by NafeesaAA(f): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Police behave better is the North. SARS brutality is near absent in the north except Abuja. The worst police are concentrated in the East. When it comes to extortion and bribe collection,where police in the north collects N200, police in the East will ask for N5000. Police are also terrible in the west but the worst are concentrated in Lagos. Travelling to the East from North you will discover that your police troubles start when you start smelling Eastern air. The farthest from North the more wahala. Same on your way back. The more you enter North the better the trouble eases up. That is where you meet smiling police asking you about your trip.

In a place like Kano, police is everyone's friend. People don't have problem with police except where you have a brush with the law. But generally police are well behaved. Police on the highway are just looking for bribes to keep them going. Even along Abuja Kaduna-kano road the most they ask is N200 and you can always talk your way out of giving them the money.

Like I said no research to back this claim but from personal experience I have no problem with police in the north. Having lived in East and West and always going there on regular basis,I know what people are passing through in the hands of SARS and the police in general.

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Mathantics: 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
dexmond:
When you lose a war, the winner does everything possible to keep you down. The check points are occupation forces, just that the people are too ignorant to understand.

We are talking of extortion which also happens in many states in the South.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
REMOVE ALL THE MILITARY AND POLICE CHECK POINTS IN THE EAST, PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN THAT FEDERAL GOVT REMOVED THEM TO ENABLE BOKO HARAM ETC TO HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THE EAST. I TRAVEL 2 TO 3 TIMES TO ANAMBRA FROM ENUGU A WEEK AND KNOWING THAT THOSE SECURITY GUYS ARE EVERY WHERE ALONG THAT ROAD REMOVES EVERY FEAR OF ENCOUNTERING BAD BOYS .
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Eagba(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nightstalker:

Share the same sentiment.. we pressurize these guys , abuse them, intimidate them, laugh at them when they are under siege, we marginalized them in every way yet when they say they want to leave we all start wondering why?

I tire for this country , no where in the world has it succeeded in using force to maintain a sovereign state. Russia tried it in old ussr and failed.. treat them fairly and they won't want to leave
bros honestly honestly speaking, which state are you from?
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
grin
Before I could finish reading this stuff, I burst into laughter.
And people were insulting the man who 5years ago said that Nigeria is a zoo.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
Racoon:
See them? Instead of going to heavily militarized the NE & NW where bandits, unknown gunmen, BH terrorists are reigning supremely.Alas! They choose a peaceful region to lay siege.

They think they are oppressing the SE not knowing that they are allowing the deteriorating insecurity in these already traumatized regions to worsen some more.

They will learn by experience.

Nature has a way of resetting everything.

After #EndSARS, next is #EndPoliceExtortion.

Very soon taking bribe will be a taboo in Nigeria.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by prepresh(f): 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
Kindness218:
#Park well and balance well for me.
when I was into transportation business, my first leg belongs to police and some times your first leg might even be your last leg. For those that know Ahoada and omoku route. a very small distance like 20kilometer but you see more then 12 check point.

Transport in South East is now a very useless business because of these check points.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
emrain:

Governors have no power to control the military. Governors are mostly figure heads.

A Governor can dismantle a road block.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
Naughtysite:

A Governor can dismantle a road block.

If approved by the authority that put them there.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
Bosss73:
CPS/Ndiegoro police stationAba (alone) makes approximately 3 million naira daily(from a reliable source)...these are money gotten from Kai Kai joints...Ashawo houses...Indian hemp sellers... motorist.... cyclist....two fighting along the road.... cocaine sellers....in Aba ,u are free to engage in any kinda illegal business...just make sure u settle Ndiegoro/Cameron barracks police station......Aba is the only area where Agbaero is more powerful than Lawyers......Some of the police men in Aba have refused to leave/redeploy from the area ...... Inspector John(police man) is one terror in Aba...u don't wish to have anything to do with him......

Some force men have taken to Agbero lifestyle because it pays.

They carry sticks and thick rubber pipes to force stop vehicles who want to avoid the check points. Otherwise they break your headlamp or back light.

#EndPoliceExtortion
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
APOSTLECHUMA:
REMOVE ALL THE MILITARY AND POLICE CHECK POINTS IN THE EAST, PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN THAT FEDERAL GOVT REMOVED THEM TO ENABLE BOKO HARAM ETC TO HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THE EAST. I TRAVEL 2 TO 3 TIMES TO ANAMBRA FROM ENUGU A WEEK AND KNOWING THAT THOSE SECURITY GUYS ARE EVERY WHERE ALONG THAT ROAD REMOVES EVERY FEAR OF ENCOUNTERING BAD BOYS .

Maybe you are an apostle and you wear cassock, place a CLERGY emblem on your front wind shield and a big Bible on your dashboard.

Do you think the way the police passes you as you approach the checkpoint is thesame way they will pass a tricyclist, motorcyclist or taxi driver ?

When I was less experienced I commend the police because I was a in a paid job so my ID card alone is what passes me.

Police treats a clergy, banker, doctor differently from a trader, hustler, businessman or taxi driver. They see the second set of people I mentioned above as their cashcow. Nobody can speak for them. That is when you will hear things like, "If I shoot you now, nothing will happen". Most of them are daft.

Get that..
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by IDesignLOGO: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Later we will blame them for trying to break out of Nigeria. If we like make we no use our head in this country

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
Sir as if na today you know say this country is cursed
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by IDesignLOGO: 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Later we will blame them for trying to break out of Nigeria. If we like make we no use our head in this country

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
You mean thoe from the zoo
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 14, 2020
The one to owerri is worse, as if they are trying to intercept Bank robbers. The worse is the millitary just wan make sure you respect them whether they are wrong or right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Bola Tinubu's Meeting With Tony Blair / Shehu Sani Warns Hadija El-Rufai To Stop Talking About His Hair / As Forest Guards Come Alive In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.