Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,001 members, 7,828,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? (1011 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because She Has A Smelly Vagina / Man Embarrasses Girlfriend Over 'Smelly Private Part'. Nigerians Say He's Rude / Is Smelly Vagina Not A Function Of Physical Neatness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by observer88: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2020
I have seen quite a number of threads on this forum, calling out ladies they have had sexual encounters with in the past who emitted foul odours down south and the general consensus appears to have been that such ladies are lacking in personal hygiene.

This is so untrue.

A friend on this forum shared his experience with me. He'd married, a virgin, to a lady who wasn't one. But they had dated for over 3 years before the wedding, and had never been intimate. The wedding night was bloody, of course, as that channel had been unused for over 3 years (so much for our tradition of laying a white towel on the bed as virginity check!). For the guy, that night was a forgettable experience as he hoped to find his rhythm in subsequent encounters.

To cut a long story short, subsequent attempts were riddled by this terrible smell from down there. Missionary was bad and doggy(the lady's preferred position) was a calamity. He knew this wasn't about personal hygiene as his wife was a sucker for cleanliness. They hadn't been intimate before marriage (with the blood and painful penetration enough evidence of mutual rustiness), so he ruled out an STD. It had to be something ELSE.

They saw a medical officer who, after interviews, diagnosed BVG (Bacteria Vaginosis). The lady and her family lived in a typical low income, Lagos multi-roomed structure where about 3 mini-flats had to share a toilet. According to the man, she could easily have contracted it from there. (UNFORTUNATELY, this is the case in many of our apartments and school hostels).

They were both subjected to the treatment regime, as, according to the medical officer, the man was already infected if he hadn't used a condom. Of course, he hadn't. As at when he was sharing his experience, the smell had become history.

Many here have tried to compare our Nigerian ladies with the Whites, that's unfortunate. Hygiene wise, I think we are even better than them. How many times would the average Nigerian scrub himself with a wet towel and set out to work? Do you know that the Whites do that a lot? The vagina smell could even be caused by the attempt to scrub down below squeaky clean with SOAP. Many do that without knowing they are ignorantly destroying friendly bacteria that would have withstood hostile bacteria...

I am not making a case for dirty ladies out there (dem many) or for the sexually promiscuous lot, BUT there are many more innocent causes for that foul smell down south.
Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2020
Too much fish can also cause it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2020
Definitely, bad hygiene isn't a universal cause.

observer88:
I have seen quite a number of threads on this forum, calling out ladies they have had sexual encounters with in the past who emitted foul odours down south and the general consensus appears to have been that such ladies are lacking in personal hygiene.

This is so untrue.

A friend on this forum shared his experience with me. He'd married, a virgin, to a lady who wasn't one. But they had dated for over 3 years before the wedding, and had never been intimate. The wedding night was bloody, of course, as that channel had been unused for over 3 years (so much for our tradition of laying a white towel on the bed as virginity check!). For the guy, that night was a forgettable experience as he hoped to find his rhythm in subsequent encounters.

To cut a long story short, subsequent attempts were riddled by this terrible smell from down there. Missionary was bad and doggy(the lady's preferred position) was a calamity. He knew this wasn't about personal hygiene as his wife was a sucker for cleanliness. They hadn't been intimate before marriage (with the blood and painful penetration enough evidence of mutual rustiness), so he ruled out an STD. It had to be something ELSE.

They saw a medical officer who, after interviews, diagnosed BVG (Bacteria Vaginosis). The lady and her family lived in a typical low income, Lagos multi-roomed structure where about 3 mini-flats had to share a toilet. According to the man, she could easily have contracted it from there. (UNFORTUNATELY, this is the case in many of our apartments and school hostels).

They were both subjected to the treatment regime, as, according to the medical officer, the man was already infected if he hadn't used a condom. Of course, he hadn't. As at when he was sharing his experience, the smell had become history.

Many here have tried to compare our Nigerian ladies with the Whites, that's unfortunate. Hygiene wise, I think we are even better than them. How many times would the average Nigerian scrub himself with a wet towel and set out to work? Do you know that the Whites do that a lot? The vagina smell could even be caused by the attempt to scrub down below squeaky clean with SOAP. Many do that without knowing they are ignorantly destroying friendly bacteria that would have withstood hostile bacteria...

I am not making a case for dirty ladies out there (dem many) or for the sexually promiscuous lot, BUT there are many more innocent causes for that foul smell down south.

Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by Merciful71(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
observer88:

This is so untrue.

down south kor, up north ni
Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by observer88: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
Abouwaza:
Too much fish can also cause it grin grin
Funny but wrong.
Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by observer88: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Definitely, bad hygiene isn't a universal cause.

Of course! And it's rarely the cause of those horrible fishy smells...

1 Like

Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by observer88: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
Merciful71:

down south kor, up north ni
You didn't add Side West. But can you guys stop quoting the entire post before commenting?
Re: Smelly Vagina - Some Other Causes? by Ohibenemma(m): 12:00am On Oct 14, 2020
observer88:

This is so untrue.

I see such threads and I laugh. I have encountered cases of very neat ladies who have this problem and would never believe it the first time should anyone tell them they smelt badly down there. I know of a guy who had slept with this girl twice with a condom before discovering the foul smell the third time, which he did unprotected.

He was complaining without knowing he was a carrier too. She was a very neat person, but sexually active and had contracted it from her last boyfriend. She'd never have known had she not met this new guy four months later.

Sometimes, the guy is the carrier, only to go accusing every lady about it.

(1) (Reply)

Teach Us What You Know About This Type Situation. / Breakfast On Bed: How Possible Is It (nollywood Version) / How Long Should A WOMAN Last On Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.