Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja (47478 Views)

Eye Witness: President Buhari's Driver Died Due To Heavy Torture In Detention / Claim That UN Will Intervene After 30 Days Of EndSars Protest Is Fake / Festus Keyamo Welcomes Atiku With This Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Despirado121(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2020
Igbere TV reports that Minister of State for Labour and Employment Festus Keyamo says he lost his driver Yohanna Shankuk during the #EndSARS protest in Abuja on Wednesday.

Mr Keyamo said on Thursday that his driver was knocked down by a vehicle which was trying to avoid advancing protesters.

The minister said Mr Shankuk was walking to his (Keyamo’s) private office before the incident occurred at Berger roundabout, Abuja.

“I regret to announce that my driver, Mr. Yohanna Shankuk, died yesterday in Abuja as a result of the protests,” he tweeted.

“A vehicle that saw advancing protesters at Berger roundabout, made a U-turn, took the one-way back and ran over him as he was making his way on foot to my private office.”

https://twitter.com/fkeyamo/status/1316643242746748928?s=19

Keyamo did not say if the driver was apprehended.

Meanwhile, the #EndSARS protest at Berger roundabout turned violent after armed persons began attacking protesters, Igbere TV reports.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by protests: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2020
If you are lying, or if he died as a result of stampede caused by the thugs govt sent to Berger to attack people yesterday, let me tell you something Keyamo. Your end will be worse than your beginning, I have said and that is it. Simple.

Quick update
a. RIP to Yohanna Shankuk and may God help his loved ones at this time
b. We would like to see the car that hit the man and ask the driver a few questions
c. We would like to know where Keyamo's private office is
d. We would like to know if this 'driver' "Yohanna Shankuk" is the same 'Yohanna Shankuk' who works as a "litigation clerk" in the law office of the gentleman minister
e. We wonder why there was no single image or report yesterday from thousands of people around Berger and why Nigerian journalists are so lazy not to be able to know how something as important as the death of a minister's driver until Mr Minister came to tell us about an hour or so ago
f. We would like to say the blame for this death, like the deaths of all our compatriots LIE with the GOVT Mr Keyamo works for.

Oh Lord, send Angels to keep your children today.
They have sent thugs today in buses to attack us
We rally not for hate, but to deliver our brothers and sisters.
Therefore let all the souls of compatriots departed, rest not, but fight today.
Arise oh departed. Don't sleep.
Fight SanwoOlu's govt and his backers.
Fight Buhari's govt and his backers.
Let your blood come alive.
Amen.

229 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2020
sad

“I regret to announce that my driver, Mr. Yohanna Shankuk, died yesterday in Abuja as a result of the protests,”

I am highly disappointed in you, Mr Festus Keyamo, if this personal tragic incident is what you want to use to blackmail the EndSars protesters. It's nothing but selfishness, considering the fact that some of the protesters have lost loved ones to some of the bad eggs in the SARS unit..

You didn't tweet about it because it didn't affect you. Now you are bothering them with your own tragedy, wetin concern them?

The protesters are not going to end the protests because your driver crashed himself to death as a result of his recklessness.

We should be more worried about the hoodlums and sponsored criminal elements that have hijacked the protests to unleash terror on law-abiding citizens and visitors going about their lawful businesses. You and your colleagues in government should find a way to quell the crisis before more innocent people lose their lives.

Please more lives are at risk. It's not only your lives and those of your family, friends and domestic workers that are important.

That said, I call on the President, the Governors, the Clergymen and women, Statesmen and other influential leaders to do something urgently before things get out of hand. I also call on well-meaning Nigerians to distance themselves from anything that will result in the misfortune of this great nation.

Nigeria belongs to us all and we must protect it.

God bless us all..

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by alsudan: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2020
Lies

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by sammy329(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2020
cry cry cry cry

Rip to Mr. Yohanna, this man has family at home, people who cares about him, but his life has been cut short because of some people who has refused to end a protest that's no longer needed.

May God comfort his loved ones and give you fortitude to bear the loss.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by donbachi(m): 10:16am On Oct 15, 2020
Does he know how many people Sars knocked down wit their cars...not with guns..senseless talk.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Homeboiy: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2020
I don’t take lawyers speeches serious

20 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Whiteangel1234: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2020
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Jwonder(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2020
All these people supporting Buhari, their end will be worse than his, the youths will never forget.

They are beginning to spill all sorts of lies just to label the protesters as evil but I’m glad the international community is watching. The petition to ICC against the IG has gotten over a hundred thousand signatures, they are scared, that’s why they no longer send police to protesters, they are now sending thugs.

We will take back this country from these evil men, we are starting with the police, it’s a tool for oppression, so we want to disarm our oppressors first before ask for a restructured Nigeria.

PLEASE YOUTHS DON’T GIVE UP, THE FIGHT IS FAR FROM OVER, WE ARE TAKING BACK OUR COUNTRY.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by gidgiddy: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2020
Im watching this ENDSARS protest with fanfare. Unarmed protesters, mainly from the South of Nigeria, being attacked by armed hoodlums just for protesting about something they believe in

At least now they are starting to understand how unarmed Biafran protesters felt when the same was done to them. But ENDSARS will feel the real heat when the armed forces, particularly the army, moves in.

After this, nobody will ever support the shooting of unarmed protesters again, as some of them did when it was IPOB.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by 360degreess(m): 10:19am On Oct 15, 2020
protests:
If you are lying, or if he died as a result of stampede caused by the thugs govt sent to Berger to attack people yesterday, let me tell you something Keyamo. Your end will be worse than your beginning, I have said and that is it. Simple.

Oh Lord, send Angels to keep your children today.
They have sent thugs today in buses to attack us
We rally not for hate, but to deliver our brothers and sisters.
Therefore let all the souls of compatriots departed, rest not, but fight today.
Arise oh departed. Don't sleep.
Fight SanwoOlu's govt and his backers.
Fight Buhari's govt and his backers.
Let your blood come alive.
Amen.
.. Will you keep quite?.. Don't blame Buhari for your failures and frustration.. People are making it everyday in this country. It depends on your faith, mindset and hard work..
Continue protesting. When the FG should tell the army to be rootless. It will end in tears.. You people will start crying for help and be calling on the international community that Buhari is a tyrant..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Ikea81: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2020
Why didn't he die instead.useless fellow

9 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Kingdemu: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
The ongoing protests under the guise of #EndPoliceBrutality are escalating tensions in the charged political environment and is plummeting the economy already crippled by COVID-19 pandemic. This is despite the fact that the government has made loads of concessions to accommodate the protesters' demands. The reality is that the government is now caught between the mythical Scylla and Charybdis, with protesters basking in the utopia of their victories, making new demands and staying put in the 'occupied' streets.

The government has the fundamental responsibility to restore order and safeguard the democratic system. It really has to make a tough choice: clear the streets using every lawful means in and outside the book to save the economy from total collapse and ultimately salvage the democratic order from descent into the abyss of chaos. Time is running out, fast.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Marine54(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
I sense lie !

5 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by MikeMicheal(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
The amount of people the useless protest has killed is more than those they claimed sars killed.

#BringbackSARS
#EndProtests

5 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by DontBullshitMe: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
The protests have outlived its purpose. It is better to stop when the ovation is still loud than wait till the demonstration loses the goodwill of the people it hitherto enjoyed.

I mean who protest to end an organisation that is no more in existence?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Okortor: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
#EndSars
#EndPoliceBrutality
#RestructureNigeria

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by emmabest2000(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
L Muhammad grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by NORSIYK(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Maybe he's among the people you sent to vandalize and disrupt the peaceful protest going on...

5 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by newharddrives(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020
hmmm...
Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by titobi11: 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020
May his soul rest in peace...
Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020
Another twist
Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020
Nawa
Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by TecM0: 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020

Eyah RIP to him

For 16 good years under APP , ANPP , CPC and APC Buhari had always lead a massive protest / riot on many issues, Okadigbo died in one of such Riot, but all of a sudden he is the President and he is jittery on the same countless protest he lead

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by YahooG(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020
#Endsars Looking good is not a crime

All in all this story na lie

SARs please end make I cash out.

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Golan007: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2020
donbachi:
Does he know how many people Sars knocked down wit their cars...not with guns..senseless talk.

So innocent people should die right?
Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by cossinho(m): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed]
Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Nyamve1: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2020
SARS or SWAT can end but that will not be the end of life. Where do u plan to spend ur eternity, remember me and u are the reason why Jesus died, Act4:12 the bible said no name that is given in heaven, on earth or beneath by which men must be save, except the name of Jesus. Jesus is the final and only solution for sin Hebrew 9:26. Accept Jesus now, hell is real so is heaven

2 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2020
RIP to your driver but please don't dare blame the protesters
It's your useless government you should blame

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDDC BOARD: Tompolo Releases Fresh Statement On Ultimatum / Fayose Plays Table Tennis With Guys On The Street Of Ekiti (Photos) / Arthur Eze: ‘Obiano Is A Small Fry’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.