Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State (11335 Views)

Ondo Decides :ACN Candidate Lost His Unit To LP? / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by MaziUche0(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2011
Breaking news friends!I thank God for sparing my life & those with me this afternoon.I was meeting with some pastors,including d chairman of CAN Abia State,when a group of young men,who we now know are members of d Ochendo Youth Organization,opened gunfire on us.

The leader,a certain Chima, has been arrested;he's helping d SSS with investigations.

Abia!!!We need God's help & all well-meaning Abians to save our state!

-Prince Paul Ikonne
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by wesley80(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
Edited to please Loveking!!! Inappriopriate title IMO
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by seanet02: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
PDP hired killers
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by LoveKing(m): 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2011
wesley80:

Pathetic attention seeker.

why would you say something like that?
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by 1025: 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
u are meeting with pastors u said? bode george even met with pastors and bishops on his release from the jail of which they granted him a thanksgiving service in their church.
u can only decieve some people sometimes but you cannot decieve all the ppl all the time.
there is no peace for the wicked. both you and ur killers are out to play with the minds and lives of the masses but God will surely catch all of u.
u have escaped today but maybe next time u will not. we have no arms and weapons to come after all of u in govt, so we go to God in prayers. there will be unimaginablee confussion among you and the idea of killing each other will be the order of the day.
repent or u will face the bullets. all that live by sword surely will die by sword. all of u have killed and destroyed to win and loot so ur death and destructions are closer than u can imagine.
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
South east has never been a safe place !
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

South east has never been a safe place !
will you close that trash can of yours,better change your drugs and very fast
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2011
aguiyi:

will you close that trash can of yours,better change your drugs and very fast
oops ! I was referring to the kidnapping and armed robbery.
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by MaziUche0(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

oops ! I was referring to the kidnapping and armed robbery.

The same can be found in the South-West. With an emphasis on the armed robbery.
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
who has ever been kidnapped in Enugu my coal city state
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2011
MaziUche0:

The same can be found in the South-West. With an emphasis on the armed robbery.
All thanks to the ibo in the south west for that compliments.most suspects of armed robbery are from the east.
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nsiman(m): 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ op, ACN OR CAN fired?
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2011
Kai, title
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by MaziUche0(m): 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2011
Who changed the title?

He was fired upon. The man was not shot.
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
is this anything new? didnt he expect it? afterall isnt this naija again? abeg he should go and sit down!
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
I wonder where that nation is heading to
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by umunna(f): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2011
The police in Aba have said the purported disruption of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) gubernatorial candidate in Abia State, Prince Paul Ikonne’s luncheon with some clerics in the city was stage-managed.

Ikonne had accused Ochendo boys working for the incumbent governor of disrupting his luncheon with the youths of Pentecostal Fellowship and Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on Monday at a hotel in Aba.
Addressing newsmen in his office, the Area Commander of the Nigeria Police, Aba Area Command, Mr. Rabiu Dayi said after Ikonne came to his office to verbally inform him about the incident, that he personally carried out investigation on the matter and found out that it was stage-managed.

Dayi said the police had also discovered as untrue the alleged apprehension of the leader of the thugs, which disrupted the event and handed over to the army in Aba. He explained that the person purportedly arrested and handed over to the army was among those who came with Ikonne to the luncheon.
“I called the army after the incident; they told me that some members of the ACN came with a man they claimed was among those who came to disrupt their meeting and their explanations were not cogent enough, then they were asked to go.

“The man was never detained by the army because there was no reason for that.
“Even when we went to the venue of the purported incident, we were told that the men said to have been involved in the disruption of the meeting were among those that came with the ACN guber candidate.
“We have official procedure of reporting matters to the police. This has not been followed till date, either to the divisional police officer (DPO) at Abayi where the incident happened or the area command. He did not also inform the police even before the meeting which is statutory to ensure that law and order prevailed.”
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by umunna(f): 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State by umunna(f): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2011

(1) (Reply)

FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account / Fela Durotoye Is A.n.n Presidential Candidate Not Olawepo Gbenga Hashim / Peter Obi To Celebrate 58th Birthday At Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.