Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice (5654 Views)

Jos Blasts: How Worshipper Sacrificed His Life For Us – Jingir / Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice by JProspero: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
T9ksy:

No "grasshopper" would have swallowed the bait if the OP  hadn't  set the trap with the wrong titled thread. why couldn't he have just said that "an igbo man sacrificed his job for justice"?

Anyways, its instructive to note that there are some igbos who will fight for justice irrespective of the ethnicity of the beneficiary. Just as its also instructive to acknowledge that it was another igbo man (Chief Arthur Nzeribe) who was in the vanguard of denying justice to the populace by creating ABN.

Ethnic bigotry is killing our nation. Rather than salute a man who sacrificed his career to speak for a cause that concerns a man from another ethnic group, you are more concerned about another Igbo man who worked against June 12.

If Nzeribe, a non-Yoruba, worked against June 12, what do you say about Yoruba people who ensured that June 12 never worked: Ernest Shonekan, Oladipo Diya, Olusegun Obasanjo (all from Ogun State like Abiola), Ebenezer Babatope, Onagoruwa, Jakande, Arisekola Alao, Adedibu, Senator Adefuye, etc etc?

Let's keep ethnicity out of our discussion and stop this baseless belief that one race is better than the other. There are traitors and heroes in every ethnic group, race or nation.
Re: Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice by fstranger3(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2011
JProspero:

Ethnic bigotry is killing our nation. Rather than salute a man who sacrificed his career to speak for a cause that concerns a man from another ethnic group, you are more concerned about another Igbo man who worked against June 12.

If Nzeribe, a non-Yoruba, worked against June 12, what do you say about Yoruba people who ensured that June 12 never worked: Ernest Shonekan, Oladipo Diya, Olusegun Obasanjo (all from Ogun State like Abiola), Ebenezer Babatope, Onagoruwa, Jakande, Arisekola Alao, Adedibu, Senator Adefuye, etc etc?

Let's keep ethnicity out of our discussion and stop this baseless belief that one race is better than the other. There are traitors and heroes in every ethnic group, race or nation.

Yorubas can do whatever against their own, IGBOS are not allowed

Just like how a black man can call another nigger, WHITES dare not!
Re: Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice by T9ksy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2011
JProspero:

Sooner the better jo. Make every1 go bear hin papa’s name. Do you for one moment believe the brits that lump us together hoped to create a viable and fully-functioning nation? Oh well, if you do then more fool you.

JProspero:

Hey, don’t worry your little head about them. We yorubas know who they are and in due course, shall visit them with their just desert.

JProspero:

You should set the ball rolling. FYI, I personally do not believe that my race is better than others but that does not stop me from calling a spade, a spade.
Re: Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice by joeyfire(m): 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Yorubas can do whatever against their own, IGBOS are not allowed
Just like how a black man can call another nigger, WHITES dare not!

@bolded - LOL thats soooo weak!!!

When i read stuff like that i know what the political elite mean when they call the common man ''donkeys of the cause''. My friend when you rise to a level in the Nigeria of today there is no tribe just causes and interests

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) / National Value, The Solution To Nigeria And Africa Problem / BREAKING NEWS, Aderiye Murderer Arrested In Ado Ekiti.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.