Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (3910 Views)

Buhari Pulled Out From Channels Television Debate / Jonathan And Buhari Agree To Channels Television Debate On Feb3 / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by MAYOWAAK: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2011
Nigeria's president, Goodluck Jonathan, has finally agreed to participate in a televised presidential debate to be hosted by Lagos -based NN24 cable station.

Jonathan had initially refused to participate after the station turned down his request to have the debate questions sent to him in advance.

The station had no option but to suspend the debate until today. A source at NN24 told SaharaReporters today that Mr. Jonathan has agreed to participate in the debate "unconditionally".

The debate is now scheduled to take place on March 18, 2011. All the major presidential candidates had earlier agreed to participate without imposing conditions.

The debate between the vice presidential candidates will take place on March 11, 2011.

In the 1999 election between then Olusegun Obasanjo and Olu Falae, Mr. Obasanjo refused to debate Olu Falae, the opposition candidate, because he was viewed to be ahead in the polls. In 2003, the planned debate with Gen. Buhari did not take place due to poor planning.

Last month, the sitting governor in Abia State, Gov. Chief Theodore Orji, stormed out of a planned debate with his opponents. His reason was that the debate organized by the Catholic Church had a hostile environment.

Despite twelve straight years of democracy, Nigerian politicians have continued to show disdain for its basic tenets. Campaigns are devoid of issues and candidates show little interest in agenda-based campaign aimed at solving the numerous problems confronting Nigeria.

SaharaReporters
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/finally-jonathan-agrees-television-debate
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by solihu(m): 12:57am On Mar 08, 2011
Now you are talking!

Dame patience is solidly behind you, no shaking! Oga plesident you shampion in geeezus name!
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by PapaBrowne(m): 1:20am On Mar 08, 2011
Strategic move!!! In the art of war, allowing your opponents the opportunity to underestimate your capacity is the most potent tool for a surprise attack!!!

The opposition have been going on as though they want this debate so badly. How about on that day Jonathan does to them what Fashola did to his opponents? Ribadu, Buhari and the other candidates are all not very good with the use of words, so it would definitely be an interesting debate to watch!
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by MAYOWAAK: 1:30am On Mar 08, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Strategic move!!! In the art of war, allowing your opponents the opportunity to underestimate your capacity is the most potent tool for a surprise attack!!!

The opposition have been going on as though they want this debate so badly. How about on that day Jonathan does to them what Fashola did to his opponents? Ribadu, Buhari and the other candidates are all not very good with the use of words, so it would definitely be an interesting debate to watch!

Please desist from juxtaposing death with sleep.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by wesley80(m): 2:34am On Mar 08, 2011
Now that's how to play the game. Let them flap their tongues spewing unimaginable crap then relax and watch them slowly eat back their vomit like some hopeless ruminant animal. Shameless lot.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by seunlayi(m): 5:07am On Mar 08, 2011
This is a good move from gej
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Rhino5dm: 5:33am On Mar 08, 2011
wow! we have finally forced a lamb out of his secure vicinity cheesy cheesy "i dey see danger, wahala dey"

many thanks to mutable forces on NL. wink wink

NO TELEPONDER WILL BE ADMITTED.

After Bakare must have annihilate sambo, the final result will look like this. . .

1. Ribadu

2. GEJ

3.Buhari (His accent will betray him grin grin)
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Udevex: 5:39am On Mar 08, 2011
^
Of the three, Ribadu speaks by far the worst English, so if you are judging by Buhari's accent, thats a fail. Also, Ribadu's accent is nearly as bad as Buhari's.

If you ask me, lets dump all the silly talk about better English and better accents and deal with the meat the guys bring to the table.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Rhino5dm: 5:51am On Mar 08, 2011
^^^ Beaf. That was my personal view(having met all of them one on one). lets have yours undecided undecided undecided
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by alanrewaju: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2011
Another comedy show! lets see what they have for us aside their extravagant rallies. Communication is less about accent but more about getting the other party to understand your ideas. If na elocution u want then OKOTIE should be your candidate. Where drama go dey na the VP Debate
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by texazzpete(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2011
Why did Jonathan want the debate questions sent to him in advance? Na wa for PhD holders of nowadays o!
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by zeeleso(f): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2011
Yes!!!! Jonathan you have this shot to convince me n fellow like minds. Use it wisely.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Gbawe: 9:06am On Mar 08, 2011
U de vex?:

^
Of the three, Ribadu speaks by far the worst English, so if you are judging by Buhari's accent, thats a fail. Also, Ribadu's accent is nearly as bad as Buhari's.

If you ask me, lets dump all the silly talk about better English and better accents and deal with the meat the guys bring to the table.

Why do you people lie so casually? Why is ignorance and deciet the stock in trade of you GEJ fans? Of the trio of Ribadu , Buhari and GEJ it is Ribadu , by far , in recent times that has the best record of public speaking throughout the world . Google is your friend use it and stop peddling lies . "Worst English" must not mean his accent . It must pertrain to grammer if you are to be believed . People should listen to the two examples below and see if Ribadu has a problem with grammer. while ribadu is no Donald Duke he cannot be indicted of not being able to communicate effectively to get his message accross as you detractors regularly posit . Those who have time should then give us several examples of Jonathan and Buhari speaking publicly without a script .

http://current.com/news-and-politics/91224118_nuhu-ribadu-at-the-national-assembly-of-southern-sudan.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VH-Xsgvv70&p=AEB630EC3367FA61
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 08, 2011
This is a grave mistake, he'll go there and disgrace himself. . . the joy grin grin grin
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by seanet02: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2011
solihu:

Now you are talking!

Dame patience is solidly behind you, no shaking! Oga plesident you shampion in geeezus name!
ROTFLAMAO
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by 9ijaMan: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2011
Finally he got the expo he's been waiting for. I hope they will allow people to ask questions from the internet o!
In fact they should allow the use of video calling into the program.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2011
9ijaMan:

Finally he got the expo he's been waiting for. I hope they will allow people to ask questions from the internet o!
I beg easy, you want the man to piss himself grin
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by otokx(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2011
I told you guys he would
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by thisisEMP: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2011
WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN?

WHICH ASPIRANT IS BETTER?

I CAN WAIT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN?

BUT I THINK HE WILL WIN!

AND THAT IS IT!
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by 10cirenoh: 10:38am On Mar 08, 2011
Finally

Hope to hear the "how" and not the "i will"
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by jerry0(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2011
whether debate or no debate uncle jonna go enter as president, he has good plans but no charisma to express it and another thing is that we to use to aggressive and authoritative presidents in the past that is why we are not cherishing the calmness of president Goodluck
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Arosa(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2011
"Woo hoo!", way to go, sir Jonathan
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Gbawe: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2011
9ijaMan:

Indeed . Is NN24 not owned by Danjuma? They should simply make someone like Wole Soyinka the host and ensure questions are submitted by the public transparently . Otherwise,  in Mago-mago Nigeria , it will only be 'pre-approved callers' who will be allowed to submit questions while the partisan host will have lined up pre-arranged questions for Jonathan. He is just not trustworthy at all. He is , afterall , the same chap who wanted to amend the electoral bill to allow his appointees be voting delegates before the PDP Primaries.  I am 100% sure Jonathan  will do anything to give himself an unfair advantage. I still don't expect him to do well ,even with the questions recieved in advance. In front of the camera, the guy trembles and always looks to be about to make a run for it.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by 10cirenoh: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2011
^^^^

I hope and pray same questions are asked them all, we bi want wuru wuru oo.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by nex(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2011
Only an experienced slowpoke will expect Badluck to Better Ribadu in any form of debate.

Some people keep forgetting that Ribadu is a trained lawyer that entered the police arm of law enforcement as an officer. The man was never one of these your N20 roadside policemen.

My only suggestion is that all candidates be thoroughly searched for "chukuli" before they enter the hall because we know that Azikiwe Mai-Nassara can never do without his pieces of paper.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by baslone: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2011
Fatal Mistake(Part 1)!!!
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by mrofficial(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
Good move to us. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Antiscam1: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2011
I learnt dat d moderator of dis debate is basket mouth with alibaba as d time keeper grin
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by otukpo(f): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
WHY DO NDLERS GO CRAZY ABT GRAMMER AS IF THEY OWN IT MORE THAN THE ENGLISH PPLE?
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Nakingson: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2011
The debate is a serious comedy already,
if Basket mouth & Alibaba will anchor the program then
its gonna b a rib breaking drama o!

Well, 'All The Best to My Main Men of CPC -BB"
I 've no doubt, they're going to unfold the plans of
Progressive Change for a New Nigeria.
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
i really wonder who is going to be the MAN of that day
I pray that they will put what they said on ground if any wins cos 'talking is a problem and doing it is another problem'
Re: Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate by Parnassuss(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
baslone:

Fatal Mistake(Part 1)!!!

If I laugh any harder I will get fired today. Chei,
I know that will end up give momentum to opposition, I mean who will stand the ever TALKFULL Bakare, or the charming Ribadu.Certainly PDP just committed a fatal error. I am sure they will have the debate held in the night so people can't watch it live, screw the "no conditions" clause we know better.
I am already seeing a Nick Clegg moment in the debate, Lord have mercy!

(1) (2) (Reply)

With Pictures Like This, I Weep For Nigeria, / Church Offers Free Beer During Services To Attract New Members / Asari Dokubo's Wife Hajia Mujahidat Blasts Buhari,Calls Him A Terrorist(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.