Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi (24159 Views)

I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others / Breaking: I Am Still In PDP, I Have Not Defected - Shekarau / I Defected To ADC, Not Because Of Buhari Senator Monsurat Recants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Luckydubby7(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
By Ogochukwu Anioke, Abakaliki
Ebonyi Governor Dave Umahi has denied reports making the rounds he has left the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

A House of Representatives from Ebonyi, Chinedu Ogah had claimed on Saturday the Governor had defected to the APC.

Ogah, who is the only APC federal lawmaker from Ebonyi, also commended the Governor for defecting to APC.

According to Ogah, Umahi defected to the APC after meeting several leaders of the party, including President Muhammadu Buhari.

He described it as a bold step and move in the right direction and asked About, Enugu and Anambra Governors to join the APC for stability in the polity and South East.

“Yes, Governor Umahi’s defection to our great party, APC is a step in the right direction.

“We cannot afford to remain in opposition. We must join the ruling party to continue to reap the dividends of democracy.

“I am calling on other Governor in the southeast to toe the line of Governor Umahi and join APC. We have to be at the center, we have to join mainstream politics for the overall development of our zone and the country in general.

President Muhammadu Buhari has done well. Everybody should join the APC to encourage him”, Ogah said.

But when contacted, Governor Umahi, in a terse reply simply told The Nation “it is not true.”

The Governor’s Media Aide, Maze Francis, also debunked the report.

He said: “My attention has been drawn to the news making the round in some quarters of the media, alleging that the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi has defected to the All Progressive Congress (APC)”.

“The news is a product of a figment of imagination on the part of the carriers as Governor Umahi was, is, and is still flying the flag of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)”.

“It is, however, difficult to observe how people are easily persuaded to believe in fake dummies in the name of rumours.

“If for any reason, Governor Umahi wishes to leave People Democratic Party (PDP), it will be officially communicated and can never be a product from rumour mongers”.

“The general public is advised to jettison such unfounded rumour”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-have-not-defected-to-apc-umahi/

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2020
This man about to make a regrettable political mistake.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by flyingpig: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2020
HenryThegreat1:
This man about to make a regrettable political mistake.
APC is losing popularity more and more

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Bluntguy: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2020
Is he trying to board a sinking ship or what?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Rhapsodia: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2020
Okay cheesy

I hope he does not regret

8 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Moferere: 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2020
But he will still decamp

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Jdbrasco2: 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2020
Who cares? Probably his kinsmen

9 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Millimann: 8:30am On Oct 19, 2020
That's how greedy politicians can be. He feels he can easily get their presidential ticket since there is no credible easterner in APC. But this is pure political suicide. Imagine joining a sinking ship.

Wike said it some time ago that some of these governors frolick with APC at night. I knew all along that Umahi was one of them.

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by goldtube(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2020
Guys Airtel has been hacked, free 1000 naira airtime check your balance lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by helinues: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
cheesy

You can't hide pregnancy now
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
We hear you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Guyman02: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
Which wise person embarks on a sinking ship?

But the reality is that Umahi is a mole in PDP and they should be careful about him, he has been exposed severally to be holding secret negotiations with APC, it means that he is PDP by day and APC by night.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by hspda: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
But you will still decamp, abi?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Seunaj05(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
This dude putting personal interest ahead of his ppl's interest. He's no better than Okoroawusa of Imo. Bastard son of a coward

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by globalresource: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
This governor ehn

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by kennyflames(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2020
Ok
They're all the same thing
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2020
Defect and let all your sins be washed away..
Na una way, we are not surprised... undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by PremzY002(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2020
I hate Naija politics.

P.S
I love my country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Porkbun: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2020
Go ahead. A third force will emerge in 2023

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by ufotty2001: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2020
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by kenzysmith: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2020
oga shey u see waiting happen to akpabio just try am ist don't go and do ur Senate in Peace they there they contemplate about defection. akpabio and ize looking at u at you like

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by stZimli: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2020
Visit my signature if you are into sports betting.
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by godwinkessi: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2020
Whenever rumors fly like this, theirs an atom of truth. He’s already made plans just that the lawmaker was too excited thus started an early celebration. Let it be known that his good legacy are all PDP! He’s about to join the retrogressives, he wanna start stealing with insurance that’s why he wanna join APC. But whatever he steals now we must recover in 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by akosy(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2020
I wish Nigerian youths can shun these greedy parties (APC & PDP) that have raped our economy to stupor and form a formidable Party void of tribalism and religious difference. We have the numbers.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2020
He should go...

how has his stay been beneficial to pdp or has he ever joined pdp in anything.

moreover he has the right to defect to any party

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Jmk9292(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2020
That's inconsequential at this point.....
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by TechyMm0: 8:34am On Oct 19, 2020
This one has never joined PDP in anything

4 Likes

Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Djyucee1(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2020
It should be im not defecting. I think he has plans
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by Adeolajude(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2020
End SARS..end bad governance
Re: I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi by money121(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Slams Saraki Fo Saying World Is Watching How PMB Will Treat SGF / Photos From The Democracy Day Dinner/gala Night Held At The Presidential Villa / Mike Ozekhome Gifts Borehole, 50 Scholarship, Other Items To His Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.