Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed (5033 Views)

My Bride Price Is $15m Because I’m Still A Virgin – Popular Lawyer, Ifunanya / I Discovered That My Bride Has 3 Children On Our Wedding Day / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Escabado: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

She wrote: “I got married 8 months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He raised the money alone as I wasn’t working and I was unable to help monetarily. After the marriage I recommended that he ought to send something month to month to my parents as he do ship off his parent as well, yet incredibly the answer he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to from him, at first I was not furious about that, until my yonger brother needed to get married and his lady family gave him rundown of things for the conventional wedding which is added up to 400k.”

“My father at that point shared the costs and advised my significant other to contribute 120k towards my sibling’s wedding however incredibly, my better half said no and revealed to me that my family has gathered all they needed during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any money related help this got me furious and I disclosed to him that he is not responsible.”

“Since that time, we have been living like outsiders in the house, he doesn’t converse with me, he has quite recently been minding his own business, and I have never seen him this way not even in our 2 yrs of dating. kindly advise me on what to do to savor the situation

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by inumidun2010(m): 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
Don't blame your Husband... why should they collect that huge amount of money as brideprice na...that's wickedness.. The man is definitely bitter that your family can even share your brother's responsibility to him... Madam, Make peace with your husband , nobody helped him share his responsibility while paying for your brideprice... Your brother should also bear the cost.. Your husband is now your No. 1 family now.. don't force him to make decisions he's not happy with... That man deserve maximum respect... Tell your Dad that your husband said he's not interested.. Na by force?..

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Warlord2014(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:
A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

She wrote: “I got married 8 months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He raised the money alone as I wasn’t working and I was unable to help monetarily. After the marriage I recommended that he ought to send something month to month to my parents as he do ship off his parent as well, yet incredibly the answer he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to from him, at first I was not furious about that, until my yonger brother needed to get married and his lady family gave him rundown of things for the conventional wedding which is added up to 400k.”

“My father at that point shared the costs and advised my significant other to contribute 120k towards my sibling’s wedding however incredibly, my better half said no and revealed to me that my family has gathered all they needed during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any money related help this got me furious and I disclosed to him that he is not responsible.”

“Since that time, we have been living like outsiders in the house, he doesn’t converse with me, he has quite recently been minding his own business, and I have never seen him this way not even in our 2 yrs of dating. kindly advise me on what to do to savor the situation
She must be a very wicked or an un-understanding woman...
580k/70k= 8.23...i.e 8 month salary,of which it will take him about 2yrs to save up to 580k . That is what her family collected from him in a split of a second, and you expect him to be happy right?
This is just the 8th month of your wedding, i am sure he hasn't been able to recoup all what your family took from him and you are there talking about your family's f**king needs...that is to show how heartless you are.

I pity the young man.
Maybe when ur brother wants to rent a house, you should also demand the rent from ur husband...as una don buy ATM.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by blazepascal(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
madam ur hubby has tried. blame ur parent for all these.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by after4: 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
But why should your father ask him to contribute to his son's wedding? Did anyone contribute to your husbands own? This your husband must be a good man and loves you very much, if not why should he even give you the liberty to be angry. You are privileged oh.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by ObaKlaz: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Funny how your family feels so entitled after the heavy bill slammed on your husband, and to think you, their daughter's got NO JOB and not gonna bring any financial worth to the table. Your dad is very selfish and insensitive.

He made it look like a transaction, therefore, your husband has completed every transaction with them, case closed! Let your brother man up and comply with the 'tradition' of another family too!! grin

Your husband is very right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by viyon02: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
You should be ashame of yourself and that of your parents, so your parents can't pay for your younger brother bride price:, in live what goes around comes around. let your parents feel what your husband felt. And you even want him to send money to parents too, you are a greedy mother fucker, work and send money to your parents ok. so because he got married to you he should live and work for your family abi? oleee. Please guys know the type of family you want to get involve with in terms of marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by neonly: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
Useless family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by enm(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:

Am shocked reading this your epistle; 580k on list of item demanded including bride price, if we now add the money spent on menu menu and other essential like wedding clothes and all, then the total money spent will be going to a million naira all from a monthly salary of 70k? And to capped it all, you are currently not working
and as such you can't support him financially but have you try to ask and know how he was able to raise such an amount of money? Is through his life saving and loans? Have you try to ascertain if he is undergoing any pressure as a result of the expenses made and apply a soothing balm no matter how small it is? Hmm! It is well.

My advice make peace with your husband and let your family know that you people are under pressure as a result of the expenses made during your wedding and as such you guys need to get yourself together. Please don't start what you can't finish oh.

Abeg which part of isoko or urhobo you are from because as far as i know they don't charge high like this for bride price including the list of items.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Ayo2004: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
Your husband na he-diot and u be she-diot,later one mumu will come and say married men are more happy than single mengrin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Kinkinatus(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
Wow!! The fact that as a wife, you do not see anything wrong with the financial burden that your husband has been shouldering, reveals that your moral compass is completely maladjusted. Are you even thinking of your future together with your hubby? How bills will be paid? How savings will be made? Oh, I forgot, you have no job so you will be living off this sad poor man, and your family will do the same, and the burden will grind him down into dust along with potential medical issues. Yet you see nothing wrong. Well, just hurry up and find a job and start shelling out your money to your parents and brother, even more than your man did for you during the marriage ceremony. Maybe then, you will smell the coffee, because right now madam, it appears you are living in cuckoo land.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by pozehnani(f): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Who keeps recycling this story? This is a stale story for Pete's sakes. Huh!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Uzomacharles: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Wetin your Pman do person

This world dey revolve joor
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Ken4agent(m): 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
Cama is indeed a bitch........what goes around comes around......if I were yur husbby eh...........
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by ijeawele23635: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
Your husband na he-diot and u be she-diot,later one mumu will come and say married men are more happy than single men

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by captainking(m): 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:

Honestly speaking.. Your family is one men should run away from.. How the hell do they expect him to contribute.. If your sibling doesn't have cash to get married.. He should wait and hustle till he has cash...
This is irritating and annoying....
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by DesChyko: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:
...until my yonger brother needed to get married and his lady family gave him rundown of things for the conventional wedding which is added up to 400k.”

“My father at that point shared the costs and advised my significant other to contribute 120k towards my sibling’s wedding ....

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Lord have mercy.

Marriage gbakwa oku

Expensive bride price or not, why should he be burdened with the responsibilities of a fellow man?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by zuby4real10(m): 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
This is why I will never marry a woman from a poor home cos once u married her, u have also married to all the problems in her family.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Adesamogun(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
As my wife self you no go even get the mouth follow me yarn that kind trash. What sort of Nonsense. Ehmm Honey your brother or Our brother wan marry and bride price money and items na 400k so your/our share na 120k. The kind laugh wey I go give her ehmm. Na she go die the matter herself.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by joinnow: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:

Go and beg him
every body go carry him own load.
Its not heath matter and not life and death
it is not a must to help in such condition
When your parent close eye they charge him nkor.

Get your husband i need to give him high 5

Next case
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by infogenius(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
This woman and her family are hell bent on killing this man.
All the financial burden of ur home is on him. Rent, feeding, clothing, utilities etc on 70k.

And u want him to foot another 120k for ur brother.
Woman better sit up or fall out don't get me angry.
Ask ur dad how he spent the 580k bride price.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by superemmy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:

I must confess that you are a stupid self entitled spoilt brat who doesn’t appreciate what that man has gone through in the hands of his so called in-laws which is your ungrateful family. He owes your brother nothing. Respect yourself and face your home
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by chris259(m): 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
This is the second time i'm seeing this story on nairaland
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
sorry op but your family kinder sound irresponsible.Your father no even get shame to dey ask your husband to give am money make he use pay for the son"s wife to be bride price
The bride price that your dad collected from your husband
wetin im take am do?
abi im don go gamble everything or na paraga he use am smoke sad?
obvious from the way ur husband is acting right now he now has a grudge over the way he was exploited
op do away with ur entitlement mentality and try make peace with ur husby before this ur marriage collapse cos as i dey look na small remain make e kpafuka
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
Warlord2014:

She must be a very wicked or an un-understanding woman...
580k/70k= 8.23...i.e 8 month salary,of which it will take him about 2yrs to save up to 580k . That is what her family collected from him in a split of a second, and you expect him to be happy right?
This is just the 8th month of your wedding, i am sure he hasn't been able to recoup all what your family took from him and you are there talking about your family's f**king needs...that is to show how heartless you are.

I pity the young man.
Maybe when ur brother wants to rent a house, you should also demand the rent from ur husband...as una don buy ATM.
op and her family are a greedy lot.thats just the truth of the matter.Very important when a guy wants to get married he should check the type of family he is geeting himself involved with.If na money greedy family dem be just run.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Ayo2004:
Your husband na he-diot and u be she-diot,later one mumu will come and say married men are more happy than single mengrin
married men more happy than single men?
in wich planet pls? cheesy
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by tobechi74: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
Escabado:

old news
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
Since he bought you does he need to buy them too? Abeg let them go and find the bride price to be eating.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by muller101(m): 12:11am On Oct 21, 2020
I do not interfere in anyone's matrimonial affairs. grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Gabson001(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2020
if I were in his shoes I would do same

even goods in the market are negotiable not to talk of bride price
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price And this happend. Advice Needed by Originalsly: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2020
This is a copy and paste.....the person seeking advice is not on Nairaland.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

If the parents are unreasonable.....why would the daughter not be unreasonable also? Same way they see nothing wrong in their demands.... she doesn't see anything wrong period. I wish him luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Who Watch Korean Love Series Are Legitimate Pvvssy Lickers!! [photos] / I Just Met Her 3 Days Ago, And She's Already begging Me Money For Toothpaste / Should I Tell Him The Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.