Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu (7405 Views)

Train Attack: I Am Still Supporting Buhari - Hassan Usman, Freed Victim / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet / Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by bolaayenimo: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Thursday said he called President Muhammadu Buhari, to inform him of the killings of #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, by the Nigerian Army on Tuesday, but was told he was not available.

"I made calls to the President twice yesterday but was told he wasn’t in the office. The second time he was said to be at the FEC meeting; I haven’t spoke to him directly but I have reached the Chief of Staff to the President”, he said in an interview with Arise TV.

When asked to explain why CCTV at Lekki Toll Gate was removed before the dastardly act, he said:

“The cameras removed were not security cameras, it is a laser camera for cars; it picks tags for cars and plate numbers; it is not a security camera; it is an infrared camera; security cameras are still available and that is what we are using for our own investigation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/lekki-attack-i-called-buhari-twice-he-wasnt-available-sanwo-olu-says/

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by chatinent: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2020
Questions:

1. Why was cameras removed in the first instances?

2. Was it a backdoor order to kill without your involvement?

3. What did you do when you discovered the killing?

4. Why are you triple-tongued agreeing there was shooting and saying nobody was killed even when I personally lost sb to the onslaught?

Forever shame on you.

Shame on this govermmet.

Man's government is a successful failure.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Jack005(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2020
Buhari has gone incommunicado for days now....But eh you sure say Buhari dey alive? This is beginning to seem true to me.

16 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Bluntguy: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2020
Buhari has abandoned you to your fate. Buhari is a deaf terrorist. Soro Soke Mr. Governor.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Righteousness89(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2020
Your Excellency Sir! Taking off the Cameras and Ordering the light to be off was a Red Signal!!

The Nigerian Army has said they didn't order their Soldiers to be there, The Question is who sent the Armed Soldiers there?

There is no way LASG can be absolved of that Wickedness that Happened that night..

LASG Failed its youths that Night..

Now is not the time to Shift Blames..
Now is the time for the real facts that Happened that night to be open..

In the Course for truth Nobody should be Covered! It's a Matter of Time! Whatever is Hidden will be brought to the open..

Now is the time to Responsibility and take whatever comes with it..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by festacman(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2020
Conscience is an open wound, until truth can heal it.

I am beginning to believe that the use of soldiers instead of riot policemen to disperse protesters who were disobeying lawful curfew at Lekki Tollgate may be wrong but the impression that masaccre and genocide happened was a big lie. There is no way trained soldiers would have shot directly at scampering protesters without the Lekki Tollgate being littered with corpses. Yes, the soldiers used maximum force but they obviously shot to scare and disperse and not to masaccre as emotional social media hype conveyed.

Truth will set you free and it doesn't matter if you are rightly an angry youth.

29.10.20 was neither a massacre nor a genocide but an unnecessary use of military rather than riot police to disperse resolute protesters.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Bobby4090: 10:49am On Oct 22, 2020
Buhari an Hausa man sent Soldiers to kill Yorubas in Lagos. Yoruba people got angry and started destroying Lagos and killing their fellow Yorubas. Meanwhile Hausa properties both in Lagos and elsewhere are safe. Ibos now mobilized other Yorubas to burn Oba of Lagos Palace. What a shame.
In the end, Yorubas and have suffered a triple loss. Meanwhile Buhari who ignited this fire in Lagos is somewhere laughing. He has refused to even make a statement because his interior motives of bringing down the south is coming to pass. Very sad that Yorubas can set fire to 300 BRT buses the own yet are afraid to touch one of the thousands of Dangote trucks that cripple Apapa with go slow.
A problem that started in Ughelli, that should have been fought majorly in Abuja, has resulted to the destruction of Lagos by Lagosians. So be it!

11 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Felyyaks(f): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2020
One thing is certain, either he is dead or mentally unstable .No sane citizen of a country can keep mute on the recent happenings for this long,talk more of the president. Something is not right in Aso rock

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by hotwax: 10:50am On Oct 22, 2020
show us footages from the security camera you are taking about

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by nonyofor2(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Just send the exact phone number you called

16 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by DanJukun(m): 10:51am On Oct 22, 2020
Presidential disaster.

People like Tinubu must be so infuriated cos every of Buharis actions or inactions continues to tarnish their own chances at the presidency

17 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by nairavsdollars(f): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2020
Deliberate attempt on the President's part

1 Like

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2020
The president is either dead or vegetable state. If not ,he would have openly shown his face to pacify protesters.

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Larryfest(m): 10:53am On Oct 22, 2020
They chose that particular day to remove the laser cameras and off the light

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Nyamuriflathead: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2020
About the Lekki Toll Gate Tragedy - Lucas Bashir

Since morning, I have been trying my best possible effort to get the identity of those who allegedly lost their lives yesterday. It should be understood that this is to authenticate the information one would disseminate and not a service to the government nor an attempt to debunk what happened between soldiers and protesters in Lekki.

Also, some people are unhappy because we have clarified that some people who were said to have died did not die. We were insulted for this patriotic service. Little do these people know how many lost sleep and the number of those in sorrow upon hearing the news of their loved ones.

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Steve ABBEY did not die. His picture was circulated yesterday on twitter. He debunked the story himself. He is fine.

Eniola Badmus was allegedly shot in the stomach yesterday. The news is untrue, Eniola was not shot and is very fine.

Onyiye Francis has made clarification on a post by Yemi Alade about a man carrying a dead lady wrapped in Nigerian flag. She said that it was a movie they acted themed, "Heal our land, OH LORD!

Iraoya Godwin said he didn't die and there was a mix-up

Comrade Anthony Okechukwu did not die at the protest ground. He was not shot by the soldiers. He died in a motorcycle accident.

What we can substantiate is a news report from Punch. Lagos State Government, Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the victims who were injured. You can check here:
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1318778267323781120?s=19

Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them them Lucassamson24@gmail.com or to Dr Open Banwo via his email Info@NaijaLivesMatter.com. Fake news kills faster than bullets.

You can insult me till I expose fake news against you.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

1 Like

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Cutezt(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2020
So why did you remove the laser camera if at all it was so, why was it removed? Did you get any info that it was going to start lazing people down or what?

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2020
Shai, these people should come and hire me to help them with damage control speech and write up's, I can do far better and be convincing than this...

Just say the infrared cameras are expensive and inorder to avoid it being damaged by protesters, it was removed...

I no dey lie o sincerely but I gather words faster than my brain sometimes

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by plessis: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2020
Sanwo was fooled by the FG.

Time and time, it has become clear that they barbarians from the desert cannot be trusted.

I hope we all learn from this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Fulani led government are evil.
Sanwolu might be innocent of all these.
It's Tinubu body language that resulted in this mess.
If he had come openly to support the peaceful protest, this hate on him would not have been unleashed.

The North have a game plan, which is to divide the south
And play the card of the civil war of 1967

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Racoon(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2020
See how governor Sanwo-Olu is sounding incredibly stupid and irresponsible in the course or desperately trying to exonerate his government complicit in the Lekki shootings.

Why was he trying to reach the president & he cant? Is the president not aware or perhaps shocked as usual? Must he brief about a gory incident the world have been condemning all over? Is the president really alive? Any wonder he has not addressed the nation? Such an irresponsible bunch.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by saaron(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2020
When we say many times without number that buhari's fulani regime is a practicing "TAQIYYA REGIME" (LIES AND DECEPTION), we're not saying rubbish. We know what we're saying. TRUTH in its entirety does not exist in their vocabulary.
Was it not this same murderious fulani regime that massacred over 300 shiites then hurriedly burried them in mass grave in attempt to hide the evidence from the world? If they could slaughter these massive number of people and deny it, what makes you think they'll not deny Lekki massacre? Denying Lekki massacre will be a work over for them.
Since lies and deception is their working policy, any activity that goes against them will be defended or denied with lies. They're the type that'll go to any length to commit unspeakable things like remove Lekki tollgate cctv cameras, switch off lights, spray bullets on unarmed protesters and deny ever being present at the protest venue.
We know their style. They're nothing but murderers and pathological liars.

#EndNigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Prompto: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Is your Brian completely damaged ?
Which of all the question you asked is not answered in the post above ? If foolish people have nothing concrete to say pls go n die n let those with beta intelligence come to the fore n ask pertinent questions.

chatinent:
Questions:

4. Why are you triple-tongued agreeing there was shooting and saying nobody was killed even when I personally lost sb to the onslaught?

Forever shame on you.

Shame on this govermmet.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by History555: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2020
Bobby4090:
Buhari an Hausa man sent Soldiers to kill Yorubas in Lagos. Yoruba people got angry and started destroying Lagos and killing their fellow Yorubas. Meanwhile Hausa properties both in Lagos and elsewhere are safe. Ibos now mobilized other Yorubas to burn Oba of Lagos Palace. What a shame.
In the end, Yorubas and have suffered a triple loss. Meanwhile Buhari who ignited this fire in Lagos is somewhere laughing. He has refused to even make a statement because his interior motives of bringing down the south is coming to pass. Very sad that Yorubas can set fire to 300 BRT buses the own yet are afraid to touch one of the thousands of Dangote trucks that cripple Apapa with go slow.
A problem that started in Ughelli, that should have been fought majorly in Abuja, has resulted to the destruction of Lagos by Lagosians. So be it!

Igbos mobilised yorubas to destroy Yoruba properties. You don't mean it. So lgbos are this intelligent and yoruba are brainless morons

9 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Thursday said he called President Muhammadu Buhari, to inform him of the killings of #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, by the Nigerian Army on Tuesday, but was told he was not available.

"I made calls to the President twice yesterday but was told he wasn’t in the office. The second time he was said to be at the FEC meeting; I haven’t spoke to him directly but I have reached the Chief of Staff to the President”, he said in an interview with Arise TV.

When asked to explain why CCTV at Lekki Toll Gate was removed before the dastardly act, he said:

“The cameras removed were not security cameras, it is a laser camera for cars; it picks tags for cars and plate numbers; it is not a security camera; it is an infrared camera; security cameras are still available and that is what we are using for our own investigation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/lekki-attack-i-called-buhari-twice-he-wasnt-available-sanwo-olu-says/

Governor Sanwoolu, they were removed because they have night vision and even with lights turned off, under forensic inspection, could reveal recognition of soldiers in action killing unarmed youths.

Why were night vision cameras removed?

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by seunmsg(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2020
Racoon:
See how governor Sanwo-Olu is sounding incredibly stupid and irresponsible in the course or desperately trying to exonerate his government complicit in the Lekki shootings.

Why was he trying to reach the president & he cant? Is the president not aware or perhaps shocked as usual? Must he brief about a gory incident the world have been condemning all over? Is the president really alive? Any wonder he has not addressed the nation? Such an irresponsible bunch.

You guys just criticize for criticising sake and not to make sense. So, what is wrong in the governor of a state calling the president to brief him about the shootings carried out by Federal forces? The president is the commander in chief of the armed forces and the only person authorised to deploy troops. It is only reasonable for the governor to talk to the president as part of his investigation into the circumstances leading to the shooting. It is even more important since the president has refused to say anything about the incident.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Lanretoye(m): 11:27am On Oct 22, 2020
this is serious,the worst that will happe is the presidency declaring state of emergency and appoint a hausa military sole administrator to take over the affairs of lagos.
the distressing emotions in sanwo olu’s expressions on arise tv this morning shows he is very unstable.
the national assembly’s call for the president to address the nation which he has failed to do show the extent of ridicule and disrespect for the constitution that they took oath upon.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2020
chatinent:
Questions:

Forever shame on you.

Shame on this govermmet.

Pls show evidence
Post the person for proper documentation

1 Like

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Vyzz: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2020
Seriously I wonder how that man sleeps at night...

His heart is so harden...

If I was his kid I wouldn't be proud of him...

I am sure he is in shock
Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by prince2pac(m): 11:35am On Oct 22, 2020
chai
Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Blankstare(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2020
plessis:
Sanwo was fooled by the FG.

Time and time, it has become clear that they barbarians from the desert cannot be trusted.

I hope we all learn from this.

Every sensible person knows this, but can we confront them? No, cos they are more blood thirsty than us, if it were to be the other way round northern politician would have spoken up and threaten us with violence. It's going to be a long war, southern youth needs to prepare hard.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Blankstare(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2020
Racoon:

The guy is jinxed, you cant blame him much, am sure he couldn't have believed things will turn out that way, apperently Buhari have blocked both him and tinubu from reaching him...the president is an authoritarian, he lacks empathy.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Attack: I Called Buhari Twice, I Was Told He Wasn’t Available – Sanwo-Olu by Lipscomb(m): 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
All the properties been losses federal government will pay for it ...this is not a joke .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court / My Only Son Is A Primary School Teacher - Peter Obi / Photos From North-west Governors' Forum In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.