Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. (6953 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / I Warned Her To Stop Cheating On Her Husband: Hear Her Reply. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by charles009(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello Family,

I am so pissed right now. I warned my wife not to take any contraceptive going forward, I have two kids and my last baby will be 3 in February.

Now she hurriedly took post pill last month, few days ago she told me she has missed her period.I can onfirm that she is pregnant. I am extremely upset and I have told her to Immidiately abort the baby or go back to her fathers house.

I have spent the entire 2days reading up topics concerning two burning questions.
Will the contraceptive cause a birth defect?
Is there a high chance of ectopic pregnancy?

I have called a few doctor friends, there answers are just guess work to me. Sincerely, I wouldn't want issues emanating from not taking simple instructions.

Any contribution please...
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by memories1(f): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Calm down...Let her go on with the pregnancy, nothing will happen to the foetus. However, she must begin her antenatals on time. Congrats.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by JokeAdeleke: 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Four us a better number than 3

Yoire more than gallant

Next time. Never trust a woman with contraceptives cheesy

8 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Klass99(f): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2020

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by KidDarkness(m): 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
Me, I really don't know but anyway congratulations. God wey do am for you, he go do am for me eeee, oyoyo. Children are blessings

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by charles009(m): 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
Klass99:
Your post is a bit confusing, contraceptives are meant to guard against pregnancy not aid a pregnancy, so why warn your wife not to take any?

Let's reason this matter together, oral contraceptives are a preventive measure which sometimes fail. If you had unprotected sex and she was trying to prevent a pregnancy, then taking the oral contraceptive wasn't out of line.

Are you upset at the possibility of a 3rd child or the possibility of a deformed one? Aborting the baby may pose a risk to the mother as well.

I would have been the happiest dude, if she didn't take that pill..can the pill defect a baby?

1 Like

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Klass99(f): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2020

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
charles009:
Hello Family,

I am so pissed right now. I warned my wife not to take any contraceptive going forward, I have two kids and my last baby will be 3 in February.

Now she hurriedly took post pill last month, few days ago she told me she has missed her period.I can onfirm that she is pregnant. I am extremely upset and I have told her to Immidiately abort the baby or go back to her fathers house.

I have spent the entire 2days reading up topics concerning two burning questions.

I have called a few doctor friends, there answers are just guess work to me. Sincerely, I wouldn't want issues emanating from not taking simple instructions.

I doubt you love your wife.
You're putting all the pressure and blame on her.
It is obvious you're not ready and willing to bear the likely consequence with her.
You don't really care what might happen to her in the process of aborting the baby.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by KidDarkness(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
charles009:
Hello Family,

I'm really certain you love your wife. Tell her you want to have a talk with her.Sit her down and apologize profusely for telling her to carry out an abortion or go back to her parent's. Make her feel very special and spoil her a bit so that she would try to forget those hurtful sentences

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by mariahAngel(f): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
KidDarkness:

I'm really certain you love your wife. Tell her you want to have a talk with her.Sit her down and apologize profusely for telling her to carry out an abortion or go back to her parent's. Make her feel very special and spoil her a bit so that she would try to forget those hurtful sentences

Yeah. He really really loves her and would do anything to protect her.

Telling her (more like threatening her) to abort the baby or go back to her father's house was just a slip of tongue that happened because he ate okra soup.

30 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by NobleAngell(f): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Wow that's rash. Aren't you taking this a bit too far?

1 Like

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by JovialJune(f): 10:35pm On Oct 22, 2020
Why the hell will you say she should go back to her father's house if she doesnt abort? Is that how you solve disputes and disagreements?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by cococandy(f): 10:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
charles009:

I would have been the happiest dude, if she didn't take that pill..can the pill defect a baby?

What pill did she take?
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by charles009(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
cococandy:

What pill did she take?

Postpill
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2020
Contraceptives are actually meant to decrease the changes of pregnancy (even ectopic). But with all women, there’s always that small risk that it could occur.

Only OP’s wife knows what she took.

If she took the morning-after pill, (plan B) but the test shows she’s already pregnant, then it means she got pregnant before the time she took the pill. Not a big deal. She just didn’t realize she was already pregnant before trying to prevent a pregnancy. The pill will prevent a pregnancy but will not necessarily harm a fetus.

But if she took something else (like an abortifacient) with the intention of ending the pregnancy, she should go ahead and complete the termination of the pregnancy in good clinic. Those are designed to stop growing cells.

Klass99:

Lol pele, I am not a healthcare professional but if she has taken in already, I don't think the pill will hurt or harm the baby at all.

What exactly did your medical doctor friends say and why do you feel dissatisfied with whatever they said?

Modified to add; We can both benefit from the expertise of someone in the healthcare field. Cococandy please educate us, will an ectopic pregnancy occur because of the contraceptive pill taken?

14 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by cococandy(f): 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
charles009:

Postpill

It’s a bit hard to figure out what that means. Postpill meaning after-the-fact medication?

I’m going to assume she took ***. That’s the main drug in most plan B pills. That can’t harm a pregnancy if the woman is already pregnant. It only works within 72 hours post sexual intercoursè to prevent fertilization.

If your wife is testing positive on a pregnancy test, she’s at least 3-4 weeks pregnant. Morning after pill won’t affect the embryo. It will just be useless and ineffective.

10 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Klass99(f): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2020

11 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Shortyy(f): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hmmm.
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by charles009(m): 11:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
cococandy:

It’s a bit hard to figure out what that means. Postpill meaning after-the-fact medication?

I’m going to assume she took levonorgestrel. That’s the main drug in most plan B pills. That can’t harm a pregnancy if the woman is already pregnant. It only works within 72 hours post sexual intercoursè to prevent fertilization.

If your wife is testing positive on a pregnancy test, she’s at least 3-4 weeks pregnant. Morning after pill won’t affect the embryo. It will just be useless and ineffective.

Thanks cococandy for this thorough detailing, however, I will confirm the drugs she took.
Yes she saw her menstruation last month
Yes we had sex when she was ovulating.

Why did the drug fail or are you saying she got preggy earlier.

1 Like

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by thorpido(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
Op,you are not clear in your statement about this pregnancy.Is it a pregnancy you both wanted?If not your wife wanted to prevent a pregnancy and she didn't do wrong by using a plan B contraceptive.

Anyway she is pregnant already and the chances of the Postpill having an effect on the baby is negligible.It's not an abortifacient.Ectopic pregnancies are caused by a different factor altogether.
charles009:

Thanks coco.candy for this thorough detailing, however, I will confirm the drugs she took.
Yes she saw her menstruation last month
Yes we had sex when she was ovulating.

Why did the drug fail or are you saying she got preggy earlier.
When did she use the Postpill?That will determine its effectiveness.The drug is supposed to be used within 72hrs of having unprotected sex.However,with all contraceptives,there is some degree of failure.

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Ishilove: 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
cococandy:

I’m going to assume she took levonorgestrel. That’s the main drug in most plan B pills. That can’t harm a pregnancy if the woman is already pregnant. It only works within 72 hours post sexual intercoursè to prevent fertilization.

This reads like a prayer point.

Any arrow fired against my progress, be rendered useless and ineffective!!

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by pozehnani(f): 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
There won't be any birth defects. Fear not. The pills would have become too weak by the time conception took place so it won't really have any effect on the embryo and as long as she doesn't take it again.

Please don't put her under undue pressure as that can be very risky for her health at this early stage. She needs your support more than anything now.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Ishilove: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
Op is huffing and puffing, and threatening his wife with ejection to her father's house. What is it with many Nigerian men and ''pack to your father's house"?? She should abort or pack, like she is some sort of garbage disposal that can be opened up and scrubbed with detergent.

Let me not say what is in my mind.

22 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by pocohantas(f): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ishilove:

This reads like a prayer point.

Any arrow fired against my progress, be rendered useless and ineffective!!

Mummy G.O, pray for Nigeria o. grin
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by thorpido(m): 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ishilove:
Op is huffing and puffing, and threatening his wife with ejection to her father's house. What is it with many Nigerian men and ''pack to your father's house"?? She should abort or pack, like she is some sort of garbage disposal that can be opened up and scrubbed with detergent.

Let me not say what is in my mind.
Don't mind Op.He doesn't want a pregnancy yet he didn't play an ACTIVE role in preventing the pregnancy.He even had sex with his wife when she was OVULATING!
Pack out ko,pack in ni.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Ishilove: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Mummy G.O, pray for Nigeria o. grin
My sister I have prayed that the carnage will not come near my doorstep cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Ishilove: 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
thorpido:
Don't mind Op.He doesn't want a pregnancy yet he didn't play an ACTIVE role in preventing the pregnancy.He even had sex with his wife when she was OVULATING!
Pack out ko,pack in ni.
His selfish and myopic mindset made me lose interest in whatever he has to say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by pocohantas(f): 11:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ishilove:

My sister I have prayed that the carnage will not come near my doorstep cheesy

Extend it to mine abeg. Ojuwa oni ribi o... grin

OP please be happy you can impregnate a woman. Haven’t you noticed how kolakolagbo is selling well these days? lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Ishilove: 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Extend it to mine abeg. Ojuwa oni ribi o... grin

OP please be happy you can impregnate a woman. Haven’t you noticed how kolakolagbo is selling well these days? lipsrsealed
LMAO
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 23, 2020
Lols, you gotta accept you didn't take the right precautions yourself.

3 Likes

Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by IamGreen1(f): 12:57am On Oct 23, 2020
charles009:

Tell her to start taking folic acid immediately. She and the baby will be fine
Re: I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. by 1Sharon(f): 1:26am On Oct 23, 2020
OP yeye finish you there.

This is why women should get their own crap so no man can tell you to 'go back to your father's house' like you're trash

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Late night calls to my husband from his ex! / I Am Beginning To Hate Girls,is This Normal. / Your Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.