Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 (14367 Views)

Passport Home Delivery Begins February 2024 — Interior Minister / Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project / APC Releases Convention Timetable, Sale Of Forms Begins February 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Bar1941(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2020
Good
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by joinpreneur(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Why does this man Buhari want to link up Nigeria with Niger from the north side easily with railway

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Amaechi what exactly are you doing there? did you abandon the greater port Harcourt project??

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by stanislaus67(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Good.

Hopefuly we collect lots of revenue from this.....

And we need better rail links between Nigeria and other African countries as well....for trade and inestment to flow.
charity begins at home

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2020
kelib:
The northern Wana be is speaking. You can also start the rail line from sambisa to Chad republic. Can't imagine this guy was blaming GEJ for not doing much in south south but now you've been given a small opportunity you can't even build a single road in rivers state.

Let him behave as if he is a slave o, perhaps they will consider him for higher post in 2023.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by oshionelecky: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2020
kelib:
The northern Wana be is speaking. You can also start the rail line from sambisa to Chad republic. Can't imagine this guy was blaming GEJ for not doing much in south south but now you've been given a small opportunity you can't even build a single road in rivers state.

Next time do your research properly before you post. It's not everyone that must comment. It would have been better if you silently observe the thread and learn.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2020
stanislaus67:
charity begins at home

Considering all the rail projects we have at home...

Plus the ones planned

Plus, it would take a load off our roads, and help our port sector. Niger would be routing its imports through our ports for quicker transit via the railway

More income, more jobs.

Niger too is building the part of the rail that runs in its part

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Yus2020: 6:43am On Oct 24, 2020
Rotimi Amaechi can never be elected for any political position again after 2023 is so useless
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Benega9(m): 6:44am On Oct 24, 2020
How Is Abia state Own,especially Aba...ndi Ara
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by MRAKBEE(m): 6:45am On Oct 24, 2020
Angrykidd:
All Nigerian politicians need to be executed publicly and their children made to work as slaves for the next 30 years..
That will likely happen soon when you consider how angry and frustrated the youths are and the way things are going on in the country
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Olafada(m): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2020
getting the abuja-kano road done remains rocket science to Nig. gov't now they pick a new fantasy
Rail line from Kano(Nig) to Maradi(Niger).
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Ayosman1: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2020
QuotaSystem:
Talk & do President of Infrastructure & Minister of Transport cool

No time to check time.
There's no widom in that comment above
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 24, 2020
x9ja1960:
What is in this Maradi that is so urgent to link up with? I am confused undecided

Niger is a landlocked country

So it depends on getting its imports from transport through its neighbours

As well.as its exports.

And the two routes are the Sahara desert or Nigeria

A railway from our ports to Niger would help with their imports and exports

Plus we get more income for our ports and more jobs for our ports

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
joinpreneur:
Why does this man Buhari want to link up Nigeria with Niger from the north side easily with railway

Because Niger would be routing its imports and exports through our ports via the railway

More income for Nigeria plus more jobs at the ports.

We win with the railway

3 Likes

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by unscripted(m): 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
Peace081:
Good news
what economic benefits do we get by having a rail into niger state
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by unscripted(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

As well.as its exports.

we are spending to benefit niger .. is that it ... what trade comes from niger , its obvious there is a sinister plan here ...
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Germi9: 6:59am On Oct 24, 2020
charity begins at home
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by dadavivo: 6:59am On Oct 24, 2020
Why are these terrorist so eager to build train to Niger Republic?
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2020
kelib:
Southerners will burn it all in d name of pissful protest!
smiley
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by DrChukki: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2020
Iruobean:
I dedicate this FTC to all Nigeria youths who lost their life during the protest.

To those looting stores (people's sweat), I pray Almighty God touch their heart to return the items.

For those who have lost hope in our dear country Nigeria, pls don't loose hope yet, libration is coming to Nigeria.

To the corrupt people in the country, Politicians, Pastors, Imams, Kings, Chiefs, Masses, Police and the rest, I pray God will touch your heart to see reason to be kind to humanity.

To all the e-warriors here, all fighting tribal, religious and political fight, I speak peace into you. IPOB embrace peace with Arewa, Oduduwa embrace peace with IPOB.

Nigeria is our home, Nigeria will be great again.

And to all the prisoners that escaped, please Obaseki said you should come back.

To those who are looting the pilatives, if you have more than one carton at home, do you know you aren't different from those who stored them there.

To those planning to travel home for Christmas, if your power no reach, pls relax and send the little you have home. Vision 20:20 that we all anticipated for came in a different dimension.

If you are a force person here, Police, DSS, Civil defence, Army, Navy, Air force,. NIA, EFCC, please love your country, let's join hands to build Nigeria again.

For those that will tag me and say trash �️�️�️�️ untill your trash fill those four basket I will not reply you.

God Bless Nigeria

God bless you brother...
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2020
unscripted:
we are spending to benefit niger .. is that it ... what trade comes from niger , its obvious there is a sinister plan here ...

At the end of the day, Niger would be using our ports to import and export, and naturally they would be paying for the privilege

Plus more traffic to our ports means more business means more jobs and investments

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2020
unscripted:
They will use the to move goods from our port,each time they import,we benefit by taxing import so why are u people complaining?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Oracleforce: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2020
....using Gambari using Nyamiri niger-delta to achieve their aim since 1900...
I'm sure that Romiti Amaechi. will be politically irrelevant after 2023...

Can someone tell me the rationale behind borrowing money to build a railway along with the desert places...because the last time I went to Maradi, it was a desert place....does that make any economic sense? I may be wrong please correct me
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 24, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

They will use the to move goods from our port,each time they import,we benefit by taxing import so why are u people complaining?

Infact the project puts Niger at our mercy literally.

The line goes to Maradi, but a large chunk of the benefits go to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2020
Oracleforce:
....using Gambari using Nyamiri niger-delta to achieve their aim since 1900...
I'm sure that Romiti Amaechi. will be politically irrelevant after 2023...

Can someone tell me the rationale behind borrowing money to build a railway along with the desert places...because the last time I went to Maradi, it was a desert place....does that make any economic sense? I may be wrong please correct me

It means that Niger moves its imports and exports through our ports

Meaning

1.more income from taxes

2.more income from investment

3.more traffic for our ports meaning more jobs jobs jobs

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

As well.as its exports.

If the nation divides today the north does not have any access to the sea what becomes of this rail line
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2020
Skynet45:

If the nation divides today the north does not have any access to the sea what becomes of this rail line

The benefits of the port accrues to whichever new country controls the port

Including taxes for everything coming into the port, benefits of increasing traffic, etc
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:18am On Oct 24, 2020
Iruobean:
I dedicate this FTC to all Nigeria youths who lost their life during the protest.

To those looting stores (people's sweat), I pray Almighty God touch their heart to return the items.

For those who have lost hope in our dear country Nigeria, pls don't loose hope yet, libration is coming to Nigeria.

To the corrupt people in the country, Politicians, Pastors, Imams, Kings, Chiefs, Masses, Police and the rest, I pray God will touch your heart to see reason to be kind to humanity.

To all the e-warriors here, all fighting tribal, religious and political fight, I speak peace into you. IPOB embrace peace with Arewa, Oduduwa embrace peace with IPOB.

Nigeria is our home, Nigeria will be great again.

And to all the prisoners that escaped, please Obaseki said you should come back.

To those who are looting the pilatives, if you have more than one carton at home, do you know you aren't different from those who stored them there.

To those planning to travel home for Christmas, if your power no reach, pls relax and send the little you have home. Vision 20:20 that we all anticipated for came in a different dimension.

If you are a force person here, Police, DSS, Civil defence, Army, Navy, Air force,. NIA, EFCC, please love your country, let's join hands to build Nigeria again.

For those that will tag me and say trash �️�️�️�️ untill your trash fill those four basket I will not reply you.

God Bless Nigeria

happy cyber wafare mofo

the truth is that Nigeria no get future
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by sirzent(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2020
[s]
Abayhormy:
Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6200424/lekki-toll-gate-dj-switch

So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!
[/s]

Go get a life, you are a very useless somebody
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by NaMe4: 7:19am On Oct 24, 2020
No interstate roads. Kano to Kaduna - disaster. Kaduna to Abuja - rubbish. Abuja to South - death trap. No rail lines linking all these parts of the Country as alternatives.
But building a rail line from Kano to Niger is a priority?

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by ashawopikin(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2020
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nchenches: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2020
Echoes from an unrepentant dictator.
Even if the main achievement of Buhari is linking his kinsmen in Niger Republic to Nigeria before he dies, he will be happy on his death bed.

Many parts of southern Nigeria have no functional rail lines.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ohaneze: Umahi Trading Off Igbo’s Interests For Abuja’s Enticements & Inducement / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations / Powerful Nigerians Responsible For Kidnapping, Banditry, Illegal Mining – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.