Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 (14365 Views)

Passport Home Delivery Begins February 2024 — Interior Minister / Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project / APC Releases Convention Timetable, Sale Of Forms Begins February 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nchenches: 7:39am On Oct 24, 2020
Iruobean:
I dedicate this FTC to all Nigeria youths who lost their life during the protest.

To those looting stores (people's sweat), I pray Almighty God touch their heart to return the items.

For those who have lost hope in our dear country Nigeria, pls don't loose hope yet, libration is coming to Nigeria.

To the corrupt people in the country, Politicians, Pastors, Imams, Kings, Chiefs, Masses, Police and the rest, I pray God will touch your heart to see reason to be kind to humanity.

To all the e-warriors here, all fighting tribal, religious and political fight, I speak peace into you. IPOB embrace peace with Arewa, Oduduwa embrace peace with IPOB.

Nigeria is our home, Nigeria will be great again.

And to all the prisoners that escaped, please Obaseki said you should come back.

To those who are looting the pilatives, if you have more than one carton at home, do you know you aren't different from those who stored them there.

To those planning to travel home for Christmas, if your power no reach, pls relax and send the little you have home. Vision 20:20 that we all anticipated for came in a different dimension.

If you are a force person here, Police, DSS, Civil defence, Army, Navy, Air force,. NIA, EFCC, please love your country, let's join hands to build Nigeria again.

For those that will tag me and say trash �️�️�️�️ untill your trash fill those four basket I will not reply you.

God Bless Nigeria

Prayerfully, no messiah of a leader can ever emerge from the present rigged and lopsided political structure of Nigeria to make Nigeria great again.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Jack005(m): 7:39am On Oct 24, 2020
Where maradi dey sef?
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2020
Kano- Maradi seems more important than Ibadan-Kano.

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by unscripted(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

At the end of the day, Niger would be using our ports to import and export, and naturally they would be paying for the privilege

Plus more traffic to our ports means more business means more jobs and investments
what traffic is niger bringing that worths our investment, if it was benin now it would still sound sensible , what is this mans plan for nigeria for God's sake , am getting scared of this president oooo .. we are having issues with illegal migration through that route , people that comes in to kill Nigerians, and now a rail is going straight into the region .. what is this ..

3 Likes

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by ahmedajadi(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2020
Iruobean:
I dedicate this FTC to all Nigeria youths who lost their life during the protest.

To those looting stores (people's sweat), I pray Almighty God touch their heart to return the items.

For those who have lost hope in our dear country Nigeria, pls don't loose hope yet, libration is coming to Nigeria.

To the corrupt people in the country, Politicians, Pastors, Imams, Kings, Chiefs, Masses, Police and the rest, I pray God will touch your heart to see reason to be kind to humanity.

To all the e-warriors here, all fighting tribal, religious and political fight, I speak peace into you. IPOB embrace peace with Arewa, Oduduwa embrace peace with IPOB.

Nigeria is our home, Nigeria will be great again.

And to all the prisoners that escaped, please Obaseki said you should come back.

To those who are looting the pilatives, if you have more than one carton at home, do you know you aren't different from those who stored them there.

To those planning to travel home for Christmas, if your power no reach, pls relax and send the little you have home. Vision 20:20 that we all anticipated for came in a different dimension.

If you are a force person here, Police, DSS, Civil defence, Army, Navy, Air force,. NIA, EFCC, please love your country, let's join hands to build Nigeria again.

For those that will tag me and say trash �️�️�️�️ untill your trash fill those four basket I will not reply you.

God Bless Nigeria
I laughed so much the day obaseki talk am say make prisoners come back to prison. One of my friends dey ask say shey na boarding house? That one off me. Even for countries wey get better prison facilities, dem dey break jail not to talk of Nigerian prison. It's gonna be alright.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 24, 2020
unscripted:
what traffic is niger bringing that worths our investment, if it was benin now it would still sound sensible , what is this mans plan for nigeria for God's sake , am getting scared of this president oooo .. we are having issues with illegal migration through that route , people that comes in to kill Nigerians, and now a rail is going straight into the region .. what is this ..

Increased traffic through niger using our ports and rail for their imports snd exports means more investment and jobs at our ports.

Niger would even stop using benin for their imports and exports
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by kayjay69(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2020
This project is of ZERO economic benefit to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. They could have chosen to link Maiduguri to Sokoto. Or some other Northern city to another.

This is what I have been saying all along, we have no business being together as a country. A fulani president approves a contract to link the most populous Hausa-Fulani state to another city in Niger Republic. The average Hausa-Fulani based on history is closer to the people in Niger, they share a common heritage. The Fulani has nothing in common with the Yoruba or Igbo or any tribe of Southern Nigeria.

Nigeria has to be restructured, it is not even a joke anymore our collective lives depend on it.

2 Likes

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2020
kayjay69:
This project is of ZERO economic benefit to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. They could have chosen to link Maiduguri to Sokoto. Or some other Northern city to another.

This is what I have been saying all along, we have no business being together as a country. A fulani president approves a contract to link the most populous Hausa-Fulani state to another city in Niger Republic. The average Hausa-Fulani based on history is closer to the people in Niger, they share a common heritage. The Fulani has nothing in common with the Yoruba or Igbo or any tribe of Southern Nigeria.

Nigeria has to be restructured, it is not even a joke anymore our collective lives depend on it.

Niger would be using our ports more often for their imports and exports . They may even stop using benin and cameroon as their route to bring in imports and to export and just use Nigeria

Meaning more traffic through the ports meaning more income for us via taxes and business and more jobs too

So we benefit more

To say nothing that if we have issues with niger we can just close the rail

And it takes pressure off our roads.

We benefit

Infact the South benefits more than the North self.

South Africa benefits a lot from allowing its porta to be used for landlocked neighbours like Zimbabwe, Zambia, lesotho and eswathini.

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Blitzerz: 7:49am On Oct 24, 2020
x9ja1960:
What is in this Maradi that is so urgent to link up with? I am confused undecided
They are anticipating the breakup of Nigeria
They have already linked benin Republic with Niger

2 Likes

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by MrHighSea: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2020
benuejosh:
Nice. Las Las na Buhari go start the process of a better Nigeria. It will then rest on who ever will take over from him.

Nigeria Will Be Great Again!
for 6 years nothing to show.

PMB dashed the hope people had in him.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 24, 2020
Blitzerz:

They are anticipating the breakup of Nigeria
They have already linked benin Republic with Niger

The railway line is to link up Niger with our port in Lagos and eventually other southern ports

So it is Lagos benefiting

Plus it is meant to take business away from benin
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Blitzerz: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

The railway line is to link up Niger with our port in Lagos and eventually other southern ports

So it is Lagos benefiting

Plus it is meant to take business away from benin
Indeed grin
Does Niger do more trade than Abuja?
Why not link Lagos Abuja first?

Story for the gods
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by VirginSearcher(m): 7:57am On Oct 24, 2020
Buhari building railway to his home country.. the mumu is so obsessed with that useless Niger Republic

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by x9ja1960: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Niger is a landlocked country

So it depends on getting its imports from transport through its neighbours

As well.as its exports.

And the two routes are the Sahara desert or Nigeria

A railway from our ports to Niger would help with their imports and exports

Plus we get more income for our ports and more jobs for our ports

I get. But what I don't understand is the urgency which other proposed rail lines do not get. Our internal roads are bad due to heavy use for haulage. Some regions are still without rail lines. Yet, you don't see any urgency to solve these issues. And if I may ask, what is the economic sense when compared with solving the internal transport infrastructural deficit that has slowed down our industrialization as a country?
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by mamaafrik(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2020
When Hausa-Fulanis want to catch you they will use your brother or kins man against you,Foolish Amaechi forgot that just like OBJ and Gej,the power will be gone and he will one day bite his fingers
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by joinpreneur(m): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Because Niger would be routing its imports and exports through our ports via the railway

More income for Nigeria plus more jobs at the ports.

We win with the railway

When the country border is said closed?
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by gbagyiza: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Good.

Hopefully, we collect lots of revenue from this.....

And we need better rail links between Nigeria and other African countries as well....for trade and investment to flow.

I hope Nigerians will not regret this move. Some of these African countries we shared borders with r the cause of the insecurity happening in Nigeria and the government is giving them an express road into Nigeria.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by engrjacuzzi: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2020
as much as this project seems good, I'd wonder why we couldn't concentrate on the calabar- eastern rail line than extending kano-niger republic
are we for real that we took loans to build railway for another country? we built dam only for neighbouring countries to have constant power while citizens are suffering blackout.
why should everything start from the north?
I still think we are not ready yet for development.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Tinax(f): 8:36am On Oct 24, 2020
Everything in the north.... even Jonathan was busy building Almajari schools.......what’s the economic value of this
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Jayphresh(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2020
Blue3k:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/kano-maradi-railway-work-begins-february-2021/
And why are we building railways into Niger �� republic pls??
Yet we’re trying to ward off terrorists and reduce illegal migration??
These men and their schemes tho cry
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by mamaafrik(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Good.

Hopefuly we collect lots of revenue from this.....

And we need better rail links between Nigeria and other African countries as well....for trade and inestment to flow.

I WANT YOU SOUTHERNER TO KEENLY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS MAN'S RESPONSE AND DEDUCE WISDOM OR FALSEHOOD PROPAGATION

I can see you have been trying to defend the Kano-maradi railway but i hope you won't run away From all the questions.

Can you please enlighten us on how the Kano_maradi route is a better option considering the following facts:

(1) Can you say Arms and killer herdmen don't infiltrate the country from the same Hemisphere??

(2).Have you seen the contract terms??,if the import duty income is so great like want to make us believe,why do they not design it in a "build it,manage it and handover to authority" process like it's obtainable in most contracts??

(3).What percentage of the same money used to build it will be paid from the same import duties and not from Southern IGR and Oil cash??

(4).Tell me ,can you say the same import gain or more will not be gained from that of lagos-Calabar route instead??

(5).Is USA not gaining from the Mexican annexation economically??,but despite the gains,why are they building a Wall instead of a Train track?
(6).When National security is at stake ,do you overlook it for import duties??

(7).Who is building the rail and who is benefitting most and why is such train tracks not extended to Cameroon who are also landlocked and can give us economic gains?

Now ANSWER THE SEVEN QUESTIONS AND LET'S
SEE WHO IS WHO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by nograv: 8:51am On Oct 24, 2020
Whilst the South burns, caused by govt incompetence of the Fulani/Hausa elite.

They happily continue with infrastructure development in their region..

I cant wait until these guys are thrown out..
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by visionex: 9:00am On Oct 24, 2020
Lagos Eastern corridor which is the most strategic economically is left for desert CHAI who do us this thing!!!
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by kayjay69(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks for the enlightenment.

Although I would have preferred they prioritise projects within Nigeria itself.
PhiliptheArab:

Niger would be using our ports more often for their imports and exports . They may even stop using benin and cameroon as their route to bring in imports and to export and just use Nigeria

Meaning more traffic through the ports meaning more income for us via taxes and business and more jobs too

So we benefit more

To say nothing that if we have issues with niger we can just close the rail

And it takes pressure off our roads.

We benefit

Infact the South benefits more than the North self.

South Africa benefits a lot from allowing its porta to be used for landlocked neighbours like Zimbabwe, Zambia, lesotho and eswathini.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by blacknp(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2020
Angrykidd:
All Nigerian politicians need to be executed publicly and their children made to work as slaves for the next 30 years..
Not unusual a slave wants to occupy his masters position?
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by blacknp(m): 9:11am On Oct 24, 2020
visionex:
Lagos Eastern corridor which is the most strategic economically is left for desert CHAI who do us this thing!!!
What more can the Government do, the solution is very simple toll the road, let the so called corridor take care of itself, the confused people said no, Buhari must go, they want everything free, same way they want the Federal Government to pay subsidy on PMS for them?.
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Ayubaossy(m): 9:13am On Oct 24, 2020
Nice one
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Rugaria: 9:18am On Oct 24, 2020
Incognito403:
North is developing, south is downveloping

We no warn una.

Lekki Toll Gate crew. Stubborn goats that can't listen to simple instruction.

Unfortunately, una mumu never do. Una brain never reset. Continue blaming the government for your foolishness and recklessness.

By the time you start migrating to the north for almajiri, your brain will reset. angry

Whenever you see a moniker like this trying to stylishly plead for the government, try to click on the moniker to know when it was registered! You will notice it is either 17, 18 , 20 of this month or afterwards... These are all paid goons by the government who have infiltrated here and other online forums to argeu in support of the wicked people in power.. Very evil people..

1 Like

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Incognito403: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2020
Rugaria:

Whenever you see a moniker like this trying to stylishly plead for the government, try to click on the moniker to know when it was registered! You will notice it is either 17, 18 , 20 of this month or afterwards... These are all paid goons by the government who have infiltrated here and other online forums to argeu in support of the wicked people in power.. Very evil people..

Yes, paid to expose your filthy propaganda.

Once they're out of point they start accusing others of being paid. Empty skull!!!
Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Rugaria: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2020
Tinax:
Everything in the north.... even Jonathan was busy building Almajari schools.......what’s the economic value of this

There is also a gas pipeline construction going on at the moment. From the east to the same Niger republic through the north! As at today, Buhari is doing more super billions dollar projects that would be far helpful to Niger republic than in the eastern part of the country from where the funds to take care of the loans for the project will come from..

2 Likes

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2020
Anytime they want to achieve their ethnic agenda, they look for a southerner/Christian to front. Maradi used to be a part of Katsina emirate. It's obvious Buhari just wants to link up with his long lost brothers at a cost of $1.9bn to the south.
Shame on amaechi. Your South South region can't boast of a km of rail but here you are flagellating to aboki's anus.
Shame

2 Likes

Re: Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Good.

Hopefuly we collect lots of revenue from this.....

And we need better rail links between Nigeria and other African countries as well....for trade and inestment to flow.
Lots of revenue from one of the poorest countries in the world with less population and economy than Lagos alone?
Abeg delete this comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Alake: Why Tinubu Has To Be The Most Careful Among Presidential Candidates / Why Reekado Banks Deserves The Award And Not Lil Kesh / Jibrilla Bindo Confirmed As Adamawa APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.