Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela (21130 Views)

Nigeria �� Vs Ghana �� Which Has Better Music? Ghana �� Vs Nigeria �� / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by xjiggy: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

You don't understand music.

Fela was on a totally different level from Lagbaja.

What do you mean by ''rhythmless beats''?

Fela?

You must be drunk.

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

Small children talking rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJfdqoKcYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzU5-xcSF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6KWhy2FAk
Why bother replying such comment. Kindly leave the child alone. These are the Migos generation. I have a 19 Track compilation of unadulterated Fela. Lyrics, message, Rhythm all on point
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by naptu2: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2020
naptu2:
I didn't plan to post this at all, but the damned thing won't leave my brain and I don't want it to.

I had planned to start somewhere else but this thing won't go away and it brought many memories with it. So I need to vent it from my brain.

But just listen to that bass! Listen to that bass! It's hypnotic.

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti - Look and Laugh (1986).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02V34E16zBw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by stayclearofme: 11:56am On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho
See children wey nor understand music. Go and listen to Fela's "equalization of pant and trouser" come and tell me if you understand what it means.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by stayclearofme: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2020
xjiggy:
Why bother replying such comment. Kindly leave the child alone. These are the Migos generation. I have a 19 Track compilation of unadulterated Fela. Lyrics, message, Rhythm all on point
Imagine the insult comparing Fela with Lagbaja.

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by richeeyo(m): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2020
This is where we separate the kids from men

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by stayclearofme: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion.
OP please stop the insult!
Nor be only LAGBAJA na TEMEDUN!

2 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by uchaymart(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fela anyday anytime..

Those saying Lagbaja, call another hit song of lagbaja that is not that " konko below song.

2 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by mukthar2000(m): 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
[quote author=NewDelhi post=95364159]I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion. [/Likequote]Bro, seems u don't understand your comparerizem here, so u are giving it to lagbaja becos u can shake ur head when singing, have ever listen to BABA FELA MESSAGES WHEN SINGING? pls don't compare BABA FELA TO LAGABJA OOO, FELA NA HERO AND LEGEND OF EVERYTHING OOOO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by stayclearofme: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
shevy878:
shocked The Poster is an OLODO, perhaps an Indomine Generation .
What type of Music does Lagbaja Sings ? Ans= Afro Beat.
Who is the Originator of Afro Beat ? Ans= Fela Kuti.

Comparing Fela & Lagbaja is like You saying the Student is More brilliant than the School.
The Poster na real OLODO.. probably born in the 90's....see insult comparing Fela with Lagbaja. Lagbaja ko Temedun ni!

2 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Awoo88: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

E bi like say you no get work!!. Who are you comparing to who??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by AfonjaConehead: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

2 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Dchair2: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

You don't understand music.

Fela was on a totally different level from Lagbaja.

What do you mean by ''rhythmless beats''?

Fela? Trash! All that na politics jare! What makes you think that you understand music better? Today's music for example is mostly trash, yet they're all winning grammies and all sorts of awards!

You must be drunk.

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

Small children talking rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJfdqoKcYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzU5-xcSF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6KWhy2FAk
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
Even lagbaja know say Fela is not his mate.
For any one hit lagbaja has, fela has 5 to checkmate it.
Children wont know about fela.
Felas rhythm is A1,
I can play fela all day, lagbaja not for hour.
Anyway its generation dependent

4 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by porthouse7(f): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
foolish question how can u compare a music god to lagbaja

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Alawode01(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lagbaja himself knowing that he is a kid to fela and understand that he is student in fela music school till tomorrow,lagbaja as how,with fela anikulapo kuti,is that majority of those who saying otherwise don't know what music is,fela won war with music,you can't compare fela with lagbaja,every fela album has is own meaning on if you don't understand it,govt know why they're jail him,fela isn't a peer with lagbaja,those you can be pair with lagbaja is beautiful Nnubia,king Jesse, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by porthouse7(f): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
hucienda:
How can you place the Fela and Lagbaja on comparative scale? In that common signature skit words: Are you normal??
no mind d clout chasing fool, even lagbaja will deny him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by hayoholla(m): 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Op,I wanted to dash you enough yabis this Thursday morning, but I have to restrain myself from doing so. You call fela's music trash? undecided. I hope you're patient enough to appreciate the masterpiece of effort behind the composition of fela's music and why it always feature a long instrumentals to usher in the lyrics. If you are patient also, you will understand that each instrumentals of fela's music follows "behavior" depending on the mood music.
Example, is look and laugh, a song he released after the death of his mother as a result of the injury she sustained at the hands of the army, courtesy of the Nigerian government. The song was sober and reflective, you can hear the pain, the trauma in fela's voice and in the instrumentals of the song. Fela's song is not for you to feel jumpy and groovy, even at that he released some songs that appeal to these taste too, like shakara, lady, and the likes. Fela is songs are composed and sung to address the Ills in the society and Africa at large. So for you upbeat folks, I understand if its not for you, but to downgrade fela's music as nonsense is unacceptable! What you consider nonsense is what others see as lyrical ingenuity of crafting meaning using unrelated scenarios patched together to convey a meaning.
Let me give you an example, take "trouble sleep yanga go wake am" the song talks about people with different issues going in for them, how we love to do more than ourselves, hence the line "palaver you dey find", another is the song "zombie", he talks about soldiers without reasoning taking orders to perform all sort of evil àct during the military regime, in your wildest thought can you relate zombie to a soldier, who only act based on instructions? But fela did this lyrical creatives to craft a meaning out of a word we might not even think off. Fela's way out of everyone's league bro!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by kokomilala(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
You sure do not know music .To demean Fela's creative genius is to spit on his grave.Having said that,Fela had a degree in music from Trinity College, Oxford.In the 1980s,Motown Records that had artistes like Lionel Riche and co came to Nigeria and offered Fela $1 million for 5 albums.He turned it down.If he was singing trash or nonsense,a label like Motown would not travel some.3000 miles to try to persuade him.
Have you listened to some of his hits like :Water ,E No get Enemy;Sorrow ,Tears and Blood,Beast of No Nation etc? And ,did you know the late Hugh Masakele of South Africa?If you listen to classical music, you'll easily rubbish the works of Mozart ,Beethoven,Shubert. Their works have timeless expressions across ages.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by wildikeman(m): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
What nonsense comparition is this.. ?

However who's music is still known worldwide and is still being played as if he was alive... ?

I rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fela gave better music, he was authentic and prolific , originality is key, there will never be another Fela.

Should be comparing lagbaja to Femi or Seun who are still better than Lagbaja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by ultimateprof: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
It's an act of disrespect to compare the ALMIGHTY FELA with lagbaja.

Who is lagbaja? Lagbaja started well but later deviated. He has no focus neither does he have courage and he lost his message.

If you know much about music you won't try this kind of gibberish next time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
This is a no brainer. Baba 70, four times on Sunday. Anikulapo the greatest.

3 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by sunboy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Don’t you ever compare them, they are not on the same level of music. Stop mumu comparison...

Fela is Fela, Lagbaja is Lagbaja.

Fun fact; 4 out of those nominated by Grammy for the best international along side with Burna boy are all heavily influenced by Fela, infact they are carrying on Fela’s music.

You will be surprised that lagbaja was heavily influenced by Felas music too smh

Fela never made his money as an artist in Nigeria, NO! He made his money singing for the white folks, Nigerians only appreciated Fela more after he died. Never compare Fela and Lagbaja!

Say No to Mumu comparison.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by bptc10: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nonsense, who is lagbaja to compare with world music legend Fela

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by PDPdestroyer(m): 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
The Op must be mad or be a kid in his 20s to even come up with this absurdity of comparing the great Fela with his very own protege in Lagbaja. I stopped reading your shit the moment you said Fela's beats are rhythymless....like seriously Are you normal? Do you even understand music at all?
Look, there's no musician dead or alive that can lace Fela's shoes when it comes to developing rhythms that blow off your mind, you just need to have an ear for good music to get into the groove. All Fela's music starts with a build up from one or two instruments, with a gradual introduction of other instruments in a systemic rhythm to produce a blend that has not been found anywhere else in this world. Even some white men came all the way to Lagos in the early 70s if I'm correct just to "steal Fela's music"
You lots think music is all about singing about money and women and making a lot of noise? Little wonder one kid was comparing Burna Boy with Fela.
Good music is hard to come by these days, the reason I'm stuck with the likes of Bob Marley and Fela. Next time, you compare Lagbaja with Seun or Femi, not the greatest African musician of all time!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by KosiGee(m): 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
angry
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by buragidi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
Who is this fellow comparing Lagbaja with Fela? You obviously do not understand music. Lagbaja plays good music, no doubt. As a matter of fact, he studied music in OAU, but excuse me sir, It is insulting to compare him with the legendary Fela. Fela was not a musician, Fela was is music itself! Years after his deaths, his works are receiving awards all over the world. This month, a UK University gave a posthumous award to Fela. Also, Lagbaja simply picked Fela's music and introduced heavy percussion with Yoruba talking drums, Bata, gudugudu, omele and other instrument used by Fuji and Juju musicians. Lagbaja simply plays groovy music, danceable music. Indeed, I will call his music AFRO-JUJU or AFRO-FUJI. Listen to the instrumentalisation of Fela, they are out of this world. Sometimes ago, I was learning sax. I easily mastered Lagbaja's solo, but Fela's work, even most professionals will fumble. Everything Fela played was manual. He wrote every musical note, from drums to lead, bass, trumpet, sax, sekere, agogo, keyboard etc. In his case, Lagbaja music is hybryd of digital and manual production, Please OP, you need to withdraw your statement and apologize to the musical world for this indiscretion.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

Nonsense!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Starboytwo(m): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
This is an eye opening thread...

King Fela...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by fujirice: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
OP this your thread get as e be. It’s like comparing Hazard to C Ronaldo.
Both are good players but one in on another level.
Same with Lagbaja and Fela but mehn! How dare you say that Fela’s music have no rhythm.
Fela’s music is spiritual while Lagbaja’s is physical.

It is only Fela that will turn a total nonsense into a global sensation.
Not taking anything away from Lagbaja but give it up for Fela.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by KosiGee(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

It’s sacrilege to compare Lagbaja to Fela. It’s like comparing Cole, Osofisan and Okri to Wole Soyinka or comparing Adichie, Emecheta and Chukwuemeka Ike to Achebe.

Stop that nonsense. Respect the legend. Fela no get mate. He operated on a different level.

Even Lagbaja would swear and curse on you for even disrespecting the name Fela.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by KosiGee(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho

My friend, leave Fela alone. You don’t understand music. Lagbaja is too small to tie Fela’s shoe laces. He is not even fit to wash Fela’s sweaty towels.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Burna Boy, Tems And Rema To Headline NBA All-Star Game Half Time Show / 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State / 5 Things An Up And Coming Nigerian Artist Must Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.