Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela (21124 Views)

Nigeria �� Vs Ghana �� Which Has Better Music? Ghana �� Vs Nigeria �� / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by EBEk101(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I still don't know what people see in that fela. He fought against the government fine but his music were just meaningless. He sang alot of beautiful nonsense very meaningless lyrics

study afro sound and lyric as ah whole
fela defined it, now our artist rebrand it and made it more pleasant for that reason, our artist values fela more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by meobizy(f): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
What a Yoruba topic. These sort of threads make me realize my type is not needed here. If one asks Lagbaja this question he’ll quickly admit to Fela having the better style/message/music/whatever-have-you. Fela was a weed smoker who loved women so he was prone to drifting off point to worship the female form. I’m surprised he never dedicated songs to his love for marijuana.

Come to think of it, social media is a thing now. OP, find Lagbaja’s account and ask him the question personally. This forum is full of cowards; OP will read this comment and ignore my recommendation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Franzinni: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I still don't know what people see in that fela. He fought against the government fine but his music were just meaningless. He sang alot of beautiful nonsense very meaningless lyrics
people fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.. Fela is a legend ... The greatest......... If you don't like him that is OK ...but he said things back then that are relevant even till today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by alabo1: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Meaningless? Have you listened to Beast of no Nation. Zombie, Army Arrangement, Sorrow tears and blood,ODOO,. Lady., Colonial mentality, Coffin for Head of State. Yellow Fever? Beast of no Nation satirizes international relations to an unbelievable level showing how well read/aware the man was. His musical compositions even without lyricd are pure gold. Listen again please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by alabo1: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
Gmajor:
Fela is extremely overrated.
Lagbaja produced music that is richer in tune, lyrics and melody than Fela

Kids, kids, please have some respect. How can you even compare the two? Fels was a revolutionary musician that invented the afro beat genre of music that inspired burna boy and yes even your lagbaja (who's music I hope you know is atrobeat?). Lahbaja is a great perfomer no doubt but comparing him to Fela is like comparing Chris brown to Michael Jackson. Nuff said

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by brio1408: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
[quote author=naptu2 post=97156823][/quote]
Check "Dog eat Dog", though he was unable to complete it.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by alhajiwada(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
Only Indomie generation will even think of comparing Lagbaja to the Great Abami Eda!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by hush15: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

His music wasn't meaningless o though it was largely political. Nonetheless, not all his music was politics and it make sense e.g. water no get enemy, What's political about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by colestephan86: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Open your ears or better still ask your parents about fela's music

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by dumodust(m): 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
ajebuter:
Who's comparing Lagbaja to Fela?

How can you compare ' Death' ( Fela) and ' Sleep' ( Lagbaja)??

I mean, what is this Kati-kati??

It should not even be discussed at all...
Shouldn't even be discussed at all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by ussv: 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Is this suppose to be a question ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Kuramushe(m): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
In all ramifications FELA scored 85% ...... Lagbja scored 25%

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by alawiiyeyoruba: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
Baba Fela anyday, all day.

Do you wonder what Agbo Jedi is? Agbo Jedi comes in different names for people especially in the southwestern part of Nigeria, some persons call it ále’, áwopa’or áfato, to learn more about jedi click https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/agbo-jedi/
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Kuramushe(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
Some years ago, at his Motherland in Ikeja. While on stage Lagbaja confirmed it. That Fela be real master of the Game. Reason he dedicated a track from one of his albums titled "Oku ati Alaye" ......
The dead and the living.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion. [/quote]
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Blakpot: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for [b]rythymless beats, [/b]2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion.

Na that phrase make cold catch me.
I won't lie e pain me, I nearly cry.
I don't know where to start from.
POLYRHYTHM.

OP ur ignorance can b e excused but for ur arrogance, there is no redemption for that.

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by nsiba: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion.

Listen and listen very attentively, you are nothing but a GOAT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by THMT: 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

You don't understand music.

Fela was on a totally different level from Lagbaja.

What do you mean by ''rhythmless beats''?

Fela?

You must be drunk.

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

Small children talking rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJfdqoKcYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzU5-xcSF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6KWhy2FAk

Fela Created a special genre known as Afrobeat and so many international and local artist's including Lagbaja has been tapping from Fela's songs.
Many people here do not know fela studied music abroad and what they call nonsense are actually African idioms and proverbs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Azurevermillion: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
alabo1:

Meaningless? Have you listened to Beast of no Nation. Zombie, Army Arrangement, Sorrow tears and blood,ODOO,. Lady., Colonial mentality, Coffin for Head of State. Yellow Fever? Beast of no Nation satirizes international relations to an unbelievable level showing how well read/aware the man was. His musical compositions even without lyricd are pure gold. Listen again please
Authority Stealing is my best fela track as in the love I have for that track is different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Gmajor(m): 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
alabo1:

Kids, kids, please have some respect. How can you even compare the two? Fels was a revolutionary musician that invented the afro beat genre of music that inspired burna boy and yes even your lagbaja (who's music I hope you know is atrobeat?). Lahbaja is a great perfomer no doubt but comparing him to Fela is like comparing Chris brown to Michael Jackson. Nuff said

I still stand by what I said.
Fela pales in comparison to a lot of Nigerian music legends.
That someone inspired you does not mean you can't surpass him/her.
Graham Bell invited the telephone in the 1800, but his invention pales in comparison to what Steve Jobs was able to produce.

Whenever the Fela topic is brought up, people always tend to approach the topic with a rose tinted glass that really clouds their judgement.

Yes, Fela is a activist and his songs were well loved.
Yes, Fela to a large extent pioneer the Afro beat.

Fela is unabashedly African. He loved Africa, it's culture and language and looked down on people who wanted to be more westernized.
He was a staunch political activist and always spoke up when he felt that things were not going right and as such, he was a constant torn on the flesh of the military regime.

Fela's music is not about it's content but what it stood for.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Vieybazz(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lagbaja schooled with music and understand this music very well, fela is just an activist wey also get talent to sing, which by that gave pushed him to limel. Lagbaja,! Omo baba mukomuko, that man sabi pass fela countless time

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Mayokun2019: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
Haba. Death and sleep no be thesame thing nah. In yoruba, it is said " igi imu jina s'ori". FELA na king, na baba, na ogbongę. You dey compare Oonirisa with local Kings. Atomic bomb vs hand grenade. Giwan ruwa vs tilapia. Abeg, I can go on and on till daybreak. I dey vex sef. No basis for comparison. If you had said FELA vs BOB MARLEY, or EBENEZER OBEY vs KSA of all time, we could sit down to iron out some things, but please all hail the Legend FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Noneroone(m): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
They are shouting fela is a legend, you can't campare him with lagbaja blalala without telling us how he is great using his hit songs.

Fela is more of a movement founder hyped into people's consciousness than an actual music star. Its like comparing naira Marley who is a tout with music legend like tuface.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Sagefromtheeast: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lagbaja
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by knightphoenix: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Why una like to whine una sef? Una no know who beta pass b4.../
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Karac: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

Rhythm-less beats Lol... U've got to change ur speakers bro or repair ur eardrums. Even Fela's drummer back then Tony Allen, was and is still a celebrated legend, not to talk of Fela himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by codinight: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
I like to think of Fela as a movement while Lagbaja a genre.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Xavin: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yes u might not like Fela but if you listen to his songs and connect with it. You see that he saw the future
Listen to tracks like lady ( it was referring to feminism), listen to beast of no nation ( it talks about bad government)
I could go on and on they are both good in their respective brand of music.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by dazzlingd(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho

Omg grin grin fela na werey..

He is a god....he delivers in style.... he does not beg for your respect or love. He doesn't even care.

Fela is more than just a musician.....while lagbaja is strictly an entertainer, fela is much more than that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lagbaja de crase?
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Veryfoolishboy: 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fela is a king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
What a comparison? Fela's 'nonsense' music enlightened generation across all lands including I. But I don't know the impact Lagbaja's music has made on even Nigerians.
Music is message and Fela ensured that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Download Yahooze By Olu Maintain [video] / Breeze FM Lafia Wins As Court Orders Government To Pay Station N67.3M / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema To Headline NBA All-Star Game Half Time Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.