Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

#endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route (35451 Views)

Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) / Stray Bullets Hit 2 As Customs, Petrol Smugglers Clash At Seme Border / Woman Caught Smuggling Rice In Her Body At Seme Border (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by ijustdey: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2020
•As Customs, Police, Immigration, others abandon checkpoints

•Seized items looted

By Godfrey Bivbere & Providence Emmanuel

SMUGGLERS are having a free ride along the Mile2/Seme Expressway, Lagos, transporting large quantities of imported rice, frozen poultry products, vegetable oil, fish and other banned imports into the country.

Vanguard Maritime Report gathered that as a result of the #EndSARS protest by Nigerian youths across the nation and the subsequent civil unrest, officers and men of the Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, the Police, the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS, and other security services have vacated the route.

Some persons of questionable characters and motives under the guise of the civil unrest, had attacked the security agents especially the Police.

A source told Vanguard Maritime Report that the crisis created room for free smuggling from Cotonou into the country violating government law on partial closure of the borders.

When Vanguard Maritime Report took a bus ride from Badagry to Agbara on Thursday and Friday last week, there was no single security personnel on the route.

Several buses were seen being loaded at Badagry for onward journey to other parts of the state.

A source also told Vanguard Maritime Report at Badagry that the situation was the same from Seme to Badagry.

The source said that people came as far as from Lekki, Ikorodu, Epe and even outside Lagos to take advantage of the absence of the security personnel to move large consignments of banned goods.

Meanwhile, protesters swamp on the Customs checkpoint at Agbara, looting smuggled items stored there before setting the offices ablaze.

The officers and men of the Service were said to have taken to their heels when they saw the protesters approaching.

An eyewitness said that the attack of the Customs checkpoint may not be unconnected with the seized items stored there.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/endsars-smugglers-take-over-mile2-seme-route/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Idamond: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2020
no qualms good news

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Lastmankc(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2020
In a nut shell,Rice go cheap?The worst is the smuggling of human parts

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Iyocartel: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

No section of this country is effectively functioning. The only good side of this news is that my cotonou plug go fit move in cotonou weed enter naija without any additional charges. If you smoke cotonou weed ehn if you see Buhari you fit tear am slap not minding the security aides.

Anytime I'm feeling sober all i do is sewa cool

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by menix(m): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2020
See opportunity to buy xmas rice and Veg oil..

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by money121(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ok
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by olatade(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
It's a worldwide tin grin

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jungle...

These dudes in government will do everything possible to make us bag them to return SARS.

I wonder the kind of wickedness these leaders have in their hearts...
We said stop killing us unnecessarily, not leave the country unprotected

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
grin

good news

time to buy some damn rice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Kingpele(m): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hahaha ,I know it will come to this,When u attack security operatives ,u have demonstrated that u don't value their services as you should,looting palliative warehouses was ok cos of hunger in the land but killing police operatives was very wrong ,cos most of the people we encounter every day are not high rank officers ...the junior officers are just following directive of higher ranks...I pray police force will be reformed and for them to carry out their legitimate duties which are primarily to protect lives and properties of every one....if only sars were reformed to fight arm robbers and kidnappers and stay away from the roads ,it would have served it purpose ...I don't know how we end up with leaders that are very selfish and useless and we that criticize them have demonstrated our greed and selfishness during this looting season that came after the peaceful protest

17 Likes

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by fergie001: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
Topmaike....You don carry your rice?

The custom personnel there have been chased away ooo...though I can see 'copters moving towards that direction steadily.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
Na wa o...
So these people aren't done yet

3 Likes

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Jeremiahgynag(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ok
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
I still don't know how average Nigerians benefit from the border closure. The Naija-made rice is still sold at costly price.

We hope rice gets cheap sha

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
cheesy.. Nice.. Smuggle them come make hoodlums loot..

God bless our hustle.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by TecM0: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
cool
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by DennisEche(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
TIP OF THE ICE BAG, THEM NO NO WETIN HIT THEM YET.... DECEMBER BOYS NEVER SHOW.
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by ATEAMS: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
Banana Republic
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by html14java(f): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lol

3 Likes

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
It is well o.
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by pozehnani(f): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hmm. Serious!
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by oshe11: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
All I care about is;

WHO ORDERED THE SHOOTING AT THE LEKKI TOOL GATE?

5 Likes

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Mopolchi: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
Rice go dey cheap dis Christmas
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Zooposki(f): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
Wild Wild West.
Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Generalwoodz(m): 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
E

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by Offpoint1: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
Yeah, I was part of it... Bought a bag of rice 15k.

Better I buy a smuggled rice, than loot.

The deaf man should open up the boarder till after Corona effects...
Food items aren't funny in market anymore.
I wonder how those with more than 4 children are coping this period. Only me alone I know how much I spend on feeding daily.

16 Likes

Re: #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route by atobs4real(m): 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2020
they should just bring in more rice oo and other food items

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$3.7m Fraud: Nigerian Student Jailed For Four Years In US: picture / Ghanaian Attacks Nigerian Trader With A Sharp New Cutlass (CCTV Footage) / 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.