Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:48 AM

The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? (17662 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Arlington(f): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2011
dangiwa09:

It appears none of you has mentioned the hygiene situation in any of these places. The cooks/owners of these places will have an open pot of food on fire and will be talking, thereby spitting inside it. They pick their nose, sneeze and blow their nose by the side, supposedly away from the food pot, but they'll not think/know to wash their hands before continuing to cook. They'll go number 1 and 2, still no washing of hands and they're still cooking for you guys. Tomorrow when you get sick with something you end up in one of those 'VERY ANDVANCED AND WELL EQUIPPED' hospital in Nigeria, or better still you'll go see that your baba/pastor to sing and dance 'uroboscattter sheroborobo beroborobo uroboscatter'. Goodluck guys!

I beg leave gist jo, you can tell me you have never cooked in your own house before and you went to the toilet like 4 times say the truth oh grin

African man no dey die from dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol and as someone said IMMUNITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2011
Hmmm

Brb

Ifyalways would soon be here
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Sammiejo: 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by ideylaff: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
The best isi-ewu joint has been at Ipodo, Ikeja for some two decades and its not relenting in serving
the most delicious that can be found on this planet. Scoup the sauce with the "ear", puncture the "eye" in between
your molars as the contents stain your teeth black and when you are through with the demolition, use the incisor as toothpick.

Those Otokoto boyz were supplying a few joints at one pint in time ooo oooo "isi ewu oooo" , me anodey chop dat one just anywhere oooo grin

Also I salute una boys wey dey cho 4 Lagos Ibadan exprezzzzz way oooo with armed robbers, una be big boyz ooooo, me i run for dat side oooo
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by tk22ng: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2011
Mr Biggs
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by mojounited(m): 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
Back in 'em days in CALABAR!! - Just mention: Eka Ubong, Ekpo Abasi (Beside Mr. Biggs). . .Even senior PDP members dey shun Mr. Biggs to go chop Eka Ubong Buka grin
Calabar food, i miss you jor - nor be this everyday chicken/burger and chips + Chinese. . sad
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by kokoye(m): 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
whatever happened to Iya Ope in mokola??

I remember they said she used jazz in her soup . . but people no send o . .the food good die. And I am still alive!! grin
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by marcus1234: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by norrisman: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2011
Stella Kitchen inside Computer village Ikeja, as clean as a fast food joint, just that the space is too tiny!

Word to Stella, correct poundo with efo elegusi !

I doubt if any of you guys will know a place that was called PWD in GRA near the rail crossing back in the days. Correct grub been dey that side self
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2011
kokoye:

whatever happened to Iya Ope in mokola??

I remember they said she used jazz in her soup . . but people no send o . .the food good die. And I am still alive!! grin

Bros I hail o.

WHo knows Iya Egin in OAU ife?

Pharmacy buka with their multiple layered ponmzy
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by javalove(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

[size=28pt]Amala Phase II on lagos island and u will knock urself out. gba!![/size]

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS PHASE 1 NOT 2. . .!!!! THATS WHERE I LUVE AND GREW!!!!!

I MISS NAIJA DIE WALAI!!!

SHE IS CALLED IYA RUKA. . .

THATS LIKE THE BEST AMALA JOINT IN LAGOS ISLAND. . .GBA!!!!!!!!!

I MISS HOME!!!. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Tolulop001(f): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
AMALA SHITTA FOR LIFE cool cool cool
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Arlington(f): 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ha so you bucka junkies are showing your self very goodddddddddddddddddddddd i thought i was the only one ohhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin

@ Sammiejo how far na? I hail ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh see the list of joints you really be Buka Junkie number 1!! cheesy
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by kokoye(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
dayokanu:

Bros I hail o.

WHo knows Iya Egin in OAU ife?

Pharmacy buka with their multiple layered ponmzy

Dapo, bawo ni o . . thanks for coming over . . I hope all went well wink

btw, yup, I remember that Pharmacy buka in ife - you know how much I love ponmo.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
In ABJ
check out d bukka within d high court premises at maitama opp CAC/NYSC. It's owned by one asaba woman. U fit bite ur finger join
also check out one oyo woman's bukka at jabi (near arab contractors) she has d best efo riro in nigeria. Plus ewedu n gbegiri. See d way big men park hummer dey chop. Large chunks of goat meat for jst 50 naira
then, also check out d bukkas at d new gsm village. White soup.
Lest i forget, d bukka joints behind eagle square lol
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2011
kokoye:

Dapo, bawo ni o . . thanks for coming over . . I hope all went well wink

btw, yup, I remember that Pharmacy buka in ife - you know how much I love ponmo.

^^ Sure I got back safely.

Well It went well, The tax was reduced though I still owe IRS.

Greetings to your wife and boy.

Anything for your boy.

In Houston, Finger licking is getting crappy, Have you tried United Sisters around west Belfort?
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by kokoye(m): 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^

na meen. My wife is the best cook of what I love to eat . . .honestly

the only stuff we order from outside is this guy's meatpie, suya and scotch eggs on beechnut.

na wah o. . .take am easy with IRS o.

God help us all.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by ideylaff: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
Just remembered 1 buka in The White House, Washington, "called OVAL PALOUR"na there me and Obama, George Bush JNR bn chop b4 he do hand over,

Serious Steak well done/rare dey dia ooooo, Kai, good to be pawa ful ooooo,

na there FBI, CIA, Homeland security and all dem dey chop , men, yummy yummy in my tummyy, the pancake for the buka is , wow
tongue
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by buzugee(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
dont even bother to eat at nigerian restaurants in chicago. the places are nasty, the food is gross. and its all mexicans in the kitchen with a few naijas. even the sight of the toilet will deter you
london has the best naija food.

i have never met any restaurant buka in nigeria that didnt have banging food so trying to pick one is counterproductive. all naija buka women have phd in cooking.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by seye4nii(f): 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2011
PWD in GRA near the rail crossing,,,,,,9ice buka that was [EIGTHIEES] close to ikeja old secretariat near ikeja tax office and passport office.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by seye4nii(f): 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
@redman44,,na dead chicken we dey eat 4 london ooooo,,,my broda.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ Redman, u ever been to "805" on Old Kent Rd? Monica was a major hit back then o, you should go and try it sometime. Lest I forget, Iyabo onigbin on New Cross Rd was also da bomb back then. Haaaaa!!! Memories
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by dayokanu(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2011
naijababe:

@ Redman, u ever been to "805" on Old Kent Rd? Monica was a major hit back then o, you should go and try it sometime. Lest I forget, Iyabo onigbin on New Cross Rd was also da bomb back then. Haaaaa!!! Memories

Shioor na all the bend down Buka you sabi finish. Village gir;
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by AndreUweh(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2011
Upper Melamby.
Upper Melamby is situated in Melamby Hall Unibadan. What an awesome place to eat.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by buzugee(m): 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2011
REDMAN you do realize i was joking with ya wink
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2011
dayokanu:

Shioor na all the bend down Buka you sabi finish. Village gir;

Very proudly so  tongue
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
See person go think say you Behind not knowing you are one razz alatika babe
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2011
^ Omo I no dey form o, I be alatika all the way
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by kokoye(m): 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2011
naijababe:

Been to 805 a couple of times. That place used to be jampacked - people used to wait outside!!

You go think say they don wash yansh for inside pot of soup cheesy
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
^ I dont know how they came up with Monica? It's so tasty. Haven't been there in yrs, might have gone downhill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The £250,000 Hamburger In London! / Price of rice remains stable in Enugu / A Brazilian Restaurant Staff Fed A Disabled Black Man (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.