Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,492 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? (17663 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by delagasky(m): 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2011
i fit mention many more but some of this bad joints no dey get name!!! for isale eko (lagos island)for instance pple no get pot of soup, so no cooking for house, all man go carry plate n eat out, but those joints no get name especially the ones wey only dey sell for nite!!! cheesy
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by favouredjb(f): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2011
Here is my own comprehnsive list grin

lagos island -amala first b ank and amala brick house

there is also another igbo joint inside balogun market,the ofe nsala is something else

agege - amala iya oyo,amala FOURSQUARE ,amala ashade ,ewa baba kola etc

now to ogun state grin

rice IYA N GBADUN in ilshan,ewa n dodo iya buki also in ilishan

amala orisunmibare

in sagamu ,rice alata dudu at ijoko

ago iwoye,amala ita merin

rice CENTER

IBADAN-i ate one amala like that near felele omg and of course inastaright
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by charlie193: 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2011
Inastright Amala

FASTAC ground
Mokola Ibadan.

N.B, Please confirm if they are still there before going. Well, a guy here just confirmed that though the woman is died the children are still running the amala joint.

I feel like going to Nigeria, and head straight to mokola to eat Inastright, OH! I miss this amala. the goat meat should the best in the whole world. The amala is something else. the experince is beyound word.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2011
Upper mellamby, mama Anat(u.i), pepper rice beside trans park, shade eleja all in ibadan, tested and trusted!
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Gayigaskia(m): 5:57am On Mar 13, 2011
In Maryland i think the restaurant on Greenmount ave in baltimore is not bad at all, i recommend amala with dried fish. just remember to call before you go because the amala is done on the spot by order, and plus they deliver.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by OlokoNla1(m): 6:24am On Mar 13, 2011
I TIRE FOR UNA OOOO! WHR THIS INNA STRAIGHT AND SHADE ELEJA DEY FOR IBADAN NAH? guys help ya pesin.
Report to moderator Logged

chidoggy! easy peazy! when you get to Ibadan toll gate, roll down your side window, sniff the air, unmistakable and follow yoru nose all d way to Mokola Hill. when you get to Mokola Hill, ask the first deaf-mute, where INNASTRAIGHT is, tell him u wanna pay homage, he wil llead you there.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by delagasky(m): 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2011
sorry i'm back again!!! rice iya bode for unilag, just by the shuttle park!! she sells only between 9am and 10.30am, come after and u don enta freeway!! (i no know if the woman get another job to go to thereafter), na so boys go queue wit ur tally number!! or use ur plate occupy space for queue!!!
did i mention bamboo box??!! only rice, dodo n meat!! it was a taboo to say wat u wanted to buy, all u say is wat amt of the stuff u want, like 20 10 10 means rice 20, dodo 10 and meat 10!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by german007(m): 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2011
"Amala Junction" in Abule Egba, Lagos

"Mama Calabar" restaurant in Wembley Park, London

cool
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by WAVixen: 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2011
Hungry Lions. grin
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Arlington(f): 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Wavixen I know all your joints are you not the one who introduced me to Amala shitta? How far na how are you doing today?
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by lola56uk: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2011
Well said but i think most Nigerians bodies are well adapted for the germs those cooks dish out.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by amor4ce(m): 1:19am On Mar 14, 2011
Veronica's Kitchen in Los Angeles - my Taiwanese ex-landlord wanted to try some Nigerian food which I had sorely missed. We ate iyan, egusi, panla?, jollof rice, goat meat perhaps, and downed it with some malt. I think it was the first time I saw a malt drink in the US.

Iya Koku on Bashorun Street in Bariga - I don't yet know which ewa agoyin is tastier.

Once upon a time there was a popular joint along Oyin Jolayemi Street, Off Eko Hotel Roundabout in Victoria Island. Many colleagues at my then place of work along Ajose Adeogun Street lamented the demolition of that resource, and we resorted to the likes of Mama Cass afterwards. I would like to know if there's any around that Eko Hotel Roundabout.

At the Pen Cinema area, this Jigbi-Jigbi man who has since passed away had a nice joint.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Cotton(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2011
Amala

Itirin Tight Corner, Victoria Island. Unfortunately development has swept the place away. Does anybody know where they are located now?

Stomach Care, Agege

Olaiya, Akerele St, Surulere

Belgium, Amuwo Odofin

Iya Eba, Lagos Island

Under Bridge, opp Union Bank marina

Rice

Ghana High, Berkley St, Lagos

Stomach Care (Ofada Rice)

Fish Pepper Soup

Lopez, Okota

De Dems, Okota

Fafolu, Mushin

Tarmac, Ogba

There is one guy who does Bbq fish on Adetola. Forgotten the name of the joint

But please o, if anyone know where tight corner has moved to please let me know wink
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by bechex(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2011
Yakoyo at Ilupeju, Lovely
White house Sabo Yaba Hmm Yummy
Inastrate Poly Junction Ibadan. The Best.
I had a couple of friends who drove from Lagos to Ibadan to eat Inastrate Amala, its dat crazy, Lol
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by sunbasque(f): 1:43am On Mar 15, 2011
Veronica's Kitchen in Los Angeles - my Taiwanese ex-landlord wanted to try some Nigerian food which I had sorely missed. We ate iyan, egusi, panla?, jollof rice, goat meat perhaps, and downed it with some malt. I think it was the first time I saw a malt drink in the US.
There's plenty of malt here in Atlanta. Publix, Walmart, Kroger and in African stores.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 15, 2011
I think it was the first time I saw a malt drink in the US.

every store in the US sells malt.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by armyofone(m): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
buka zone grin grin

the only buka i ate at was one in mokola. the only food was rice and kpomo stew. . .cant remember the name, . . . i get sick eating out.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Limaoscar: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
Some place behind Ajose Adeogun at Zenith Bank. Good food.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
^That place sounds familiar. I might have eaten there before. Dont know any name though.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
Remember one of my Dates in White House(Yaba) men, it was lovely!
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by Arlington(f): 1:36am On Mar 16, 2011
Still dreaming of all these buka's!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by sley4life(m): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2011
christy
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by amor4ce(m): 1:11am On Mar 17, 2011
sunbasque:

There's plenty of malt here in Atlanta. Publix, Walmart, Kroger and in African stores.
noted
tpiah!:

every store in the US sells malt.
I saw none in Claremont and Pomona, both in Socal, and Brooklyn (except for a Naija buka).
Limaoscar:

Some place behind Ajose Adeogun at Zenith Bank. Good food.
I remember that one, by a cake store and a drycleaner's; with prying mirrors.
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by orisebawo(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2011
You guys want to kill me with all these bukas, i can still perceive the aroma.

My first buka called Pomola at the odogbolu garage, we used to go thru the bush at fego to eat fufu and egusi with pomo, fantastic, worth the suspensions grin

Aunty Kemi at the old Tejuosho market at the small gate, never seen rice so beautiful

Bank Olemoh rice (May the mama's soul rest in peace) the stew from a well bleached palm oil and the dodo was something else.

Shitta amala, what else can I say, the only place I devoured 10 pieces of pomos, the pomos there are well trained, hence very good boxers

koffi my good friend before the days of "ghana must go" how can i forget your delicious ghana bread with planta washed down with a cold bottle of sprite, you were the king of surulere.

Yellow gari with ogbono at umunede in edo state is worth a visit

Iya Kudus at ijesha, your ewa agoyin and soft yam is what every man needs first thing in the morning

Apo, my beautiful Apolonius at Malabo (Unical), for 5 years in the early nineties i could easily have sang "no one but you"

Mama Uduak aka fire on the mountain, the akara is the biggest I have seen with enough room to slice and garnish with spiced pepper

Got to go to work, will be back soon, lol
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2011
sizzlers! grin
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by chidoggy: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
Oloko Nla:

chidoggy! easy peazy! when you get to Ibadan toll gate, roll down your side window, sniff the air, unmistakable and follow yoru nose all d way to Mokola Hill. when you get to Mokola Hill, ask the first deaf-mute, where INNASTRAIGHT is, tell him u wanna pay homage, he wil llead you there.

tanks bros. but no malice me abeg, is innastraight near dat cultural centre sort of drivin in thru wan narrow intersection close to mokola market? Den shade eleja I hearits near mokola round about but where exactly bros meI must eat der o!
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by bmurry3: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
[quote author=favouredjb]Here is my own comprehnsive list grin

lagos island -amala first b ank and amala brick house

there is also another igbo joint inside balogun market,the ofe nsala is something else

agege - amala iya oyo,amala FOURSQUARE ,amala ashade ,ewa baba kola etc

now to ogun state grin

rice IYA N GBADUN in ilshan,ewa n dodo iya buki also in ilishan

amala orisunmibare

in sagamu ,rice alata dudu at ijoko

ago iwoye,amala ita merin

rice CENTER

IBADAN-i ate one amala like that near felele omg and of course inastaright
also OFADA RICE infront of DHL ring road ibadan...they start selling in the evening from 8 pm
Re: The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? by demmykay: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
Any correct amala joint in abuja? Precisely around garki area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The £250,000 Hamburger In London! / Price of rice remains stable in Enugu / A Brazilian Restaurant Staff Fed A Disabled Black Man (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.