Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate (9073 Views)

US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March / New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
Pharoh:

You are right it is a form of communicating with the electorate but it is not obligatory for any candidate to toll that line of action.
There are real life campaigns, media campaigns ( print, television and radio ), there are word of mouth campaigns and even party meeting campaigns.
Even on election day, buying of votes, giving people provisions like rice, chicken and money, there are many ways to win votes in Nigeria ( africa ).
Debating to me with all honesty is good but not very effective in the Nigeria context so any candidate that opts out of it should not be castigated for that.
The educated populace wants a debate but sorry the last time i checked they did not constitute any strategic voting block in the Nigeria context.

We are not there yet where we should be hitting our head to the wall about debates so that's why i don't really care about it.
It is one thing to come and make a big show at the debate and be a failure when given the position to fulfill your manifesto.
Most of these candidates are just hitting on what the people want to hear but when they get there i know it will be a different story.

Yes, it is not mandatory, but it is a good gesture to the people that you wanna rule.
A leader that is compagning to rule the nation should always be ready and be prepared, and not to chicken out of a simple debate.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2011
babasoty:

Sometimes even the debates are totally tiring, see the case of Ohakim and T.A Orji---- they went for a debate and were booed by the audience, Ohakims case worse even worse--- How can they boo Ohakim and won't boo Ararume--- is Ararume better than Ohakim, I mean its funny. u can never know what to expect at times with these debates.

What has their booing to do with debates? They were booed because people could not stand them . . .
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by agabaI23(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Yes, it is not mandatory, but it is a good gesture to the people that you wanna rule.
A leader that is compagning to rule the nation should always be ready and be prepared, and[b] not to chicken out of a simple debate
.[/b]

Like Buhari did yesterday also
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2011
A leader that is compagning to rule the nation should always be ready and be prepared, and not to chicken out of a simple debate.

Is giving excuses which you feel is just chickening out, they weren't mute they gave reasons why they weren't gonna participate, what's wrong in accepting their excuse, must things be done in your own way always.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2011
agabaI23:

Like Buhari did yesterday also

I am not in support of him either, cos i dont know what his manifesto is all about . . . . . None of the leaders has actually talk about what they wanna offer the people. . . . The so called Leaders in nigeria are just about what they could get and not about the service that they wanna provide
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
What has their booing to do with debates? They were booed because people could not stand them . . .

Was that supposed to happen on a debating forum---- if that's the norm who would attend it, when my views would be drowned by boo's of the opposition.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2011
babasoty:

Is giving excuses which you feel is just chickening out, they weren't mute they gave reasons why they weren't gonna participate, what's wrong in accepting their excuse, must things be done in your own way always.

It is not about always doing things our ways, it is about just go beyond what is expected from you as a leader, go the extra mile and what was his excuse for not doing it?
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Pharoh: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2011
Fhemmmy:

My brother the people that you want this gesture extended to are not a significant voting block, heck i can even count all the goodluck haters here on nairaland in three hours. There are many ways to reach your electorate in Nigeria which is different from the western world, debate or no debate trust me everyone already has a criteria that they used in choosing who to vote for. The educated ones do not need a debate to decide who to vote for neither does the market women or mechanics. You do not need debate to win election in Nigeria and not even in the next twenty years am sorry if the statuesque still remains like this.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2011
It is not about always doing things our ways, it is about just go beyond what is expected from you as a leader, go the extra mile and what was his excuse for not doing it?

go back and read the beginning of the post.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
Pharoh:

My brother the people that you want this gesture extended to are not a significant voting block, heck i can even count all the goodluck haters here on nairaland in three hours. There are many ways to reach your electorate in Nigeria which is different from the western world, debate or no debate trust me everyone already has a criteria that they used in choosing who to vote for. The educated ones do not need a debate to decide who to vote for neither does the market women or mechanics. You do not need debate to win election in Nigeria and not even in the next twenty years am sorry if the statuesque still remains like this.  

There is no vote that is a lost vote, if you wanna extend hands to just your "for sure" voters, then, no need to campaign, cos all voters are potential vote
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
babasoty:

go back and read the beginning of the post.

What i mean is, was that genuine enough of a reason?
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2011
What i mean is, was that genuine enough of a reason?

How genuine must a reason be before its been accepted---- that GEJ gave up the ghost before they accept it.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by aloyemeka1: 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2011

"I am too busy doing my campaign at the moment and cannot create time for any election debate, don't think I am afraid of the other contestants, far from it, I am just busy campaigning, "- Goodluck E. Jonathan.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2011
babasoty:

How genuine must a reason be before its been accepted---- that GEJ gave up the ghost before they accept it.

All he is doing at the moment is campaign, so nothing should stop him from facing the people, let him get out of the scripts and talk and answer questions that are not prepared by some of his people . . . let us have the chance to poke his brain a little . . . .
I respect him as human, and yet to see what he plan to do for the nation as a leader
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
aloy/emeka:

"I am too busy doing my campaign at the moment and cannot create time for any election debate, don't think I am afraid of the other contestants, far from it, I am just busy campaigning, "- Goodluck E. Jonathan.

Good one . . . . Hahahahaha
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Pukkah: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
Fhemmmy:

There is no vote that is a lost vote, if you wanna extend hands to just your "for sure" voters, then, no need to campaign, cos [b]all voters are potential vote[/b]

Correct.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by ideylaff: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2011
Quote from: aloy/emeka on Today at 07:21:53 PM

He be like say GEJ don dey wave goodbye to staff @ Aso Rock already oooo, patience is busy carrying all the pepper soup pots out of the kitchen embarassed
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Pukkah: 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
ideylaff:

He be like say GEJ don dey wave goodbye to staff @ Aso Rock already oooo, patience is busy carrying all the pepper soup pots out of the kitchen embarassed

You have a good sense of humour! smiley
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by heilige(m): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2011
Nigerians make una shine una eyes rigging is already going on,
Registered voters increased overnite,

9ja shine ya eyes, Jega don compromise,
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2011
heilige:

Nigerians make una shine una eyes rigging is already going on,
Registered voters increased overnite,

9ja shine ya eyes, Jega don compromise,

Lol
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by meine: 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2011
What does GEJ and PDP have to hide that they dont want to debate?, Small time you people will say he is soooo Humble===GEJ is a cocky and arrogant personalty and you will all see it in due time, I already said it dont expect much from PDP.

Secondly Jonathan knows only the elite and the educated watch debates , he knows we are in the minority and feels he doesn't need our votes, this is sad but trueangry angry angry
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by sammirano: 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
Pukkah:

You have a good sense of humour! smiley

i agree with , he is waving goodbye to Aso rock for good.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by agabaI23(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2011
Fhemmmy:

All he is doing at the moment is campaign, so nothing should stop him from facing the people, let him get out of the scripts and talk and answer questions that are not prepared by some of his people . . . let us have the chance to poke his brain a little . . . .
I respect him as human, and yet to see what he plan to do for the nation as a leader

That's cool. Another voice of reason.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
meine:

What does GEJ and PDP have to hide that they dont want to debate?, Small time you people will say he is soooo Humble===GEJ is a cocky and arrogant personalty and you will all see it in due time, I already said it dont expect much from PDP.

Secondly Jonathan knows only the elite and the educated watch debates , he knows we are in the minority and feels he doesn't need our votes, this is sad but throughangry angry angry

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Righton: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2011
Pharoh:

My brother, the people who would watch the debate far exceed the people Jonathan has been talking to on facebook
The debate is not being organised by Jonathan's haters here on nairaland
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2011
its easy to go campaigning cos he will just tell them the crap he's got with no opportunity to challenge it. why will he chose to be challenged!
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2011
he his hoping on his good luck to hand him the presidency, good luck with that!
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by tunde247: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2011
why ?
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2011
tlops:

he his hoping on his good luck to hand him the presidency, good luck with that!
tlops:

its easy to go campaigning cos he will just tell them the crap he's got with no opportunity to challenge it. why will he chose to be challenged!

You guys are really making me to crack my ribs
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by solaugo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
Latest poll results from www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com
1. President Goodluck Jonathan (Peoples Democratic Party) - 348
2. Muhammadu Buhari (Congress for Progressive Change) - 513
3. Nuhu Ribadu (Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) - 166
4. Dele Momodu (NCP) - 3
5. Chris Okotie (Fresh Democratic Party) - 3
6. Ibrahim Shekarau (All Nigeria Peoples Party) - 4
7.Pat Utomi (Social Democratic Mega Party) - 12

Visit www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com to vote for your preferred presidential candidate for April 9th election. Your IP address is entitled to one vote per day. You can vote as many days as possible. Share the website link with your friends. You can view the poll result @ http://www.addpoll.com/results?61141
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by 1025: 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2011
Debate is not a must.

@juman,
you are right but ruling nigeria is a must.

@topic,
what we see today of pdp is the prayer and the wishes of obasanjo as a confussed and clueless president will never be relaxed as to ask questions over the deeds of his administration.
God please give us Buhari and Bakare.
these secret cult members(pdp) will never lead us to the promised land.
debate is one of the most effective means of getting to the people. through debates, people can convience their audience on their intentions.
a clear conscience fears no accusation. in abia state, pdp candidate/incumbent gov T. Orji ran out of a debate.
what do u expect from a jonathan that could not face a little sierra leonian girl working with cnn in an interview?
in fact, nigeria will be better off with his absence from that interview no wonder her wife is calling herself a widow.
Re: Pdp Opts Out Of Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2011
hmmmmmmm! pdp! well what do Nigerians expect from these bunch of criminals? they can never face a debate, because thay have nothing to offer Nigerians. It's time to vote this guys out. Goodluck Jonathan has nothing to offer. Goodluck for himself & cronies, Badluck for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bunmi Awoniyi Is A Superior Court Judge In US / “presidential Order To Cut Time For Business Approvals, Registrations Underway” / APC Inaugurates 49-member National Campaign Council For 2016 Ondo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.