Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,341 members, 7,850,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance (26251 Views)

Greatest Naira Comeback Unleashes Prospects For Economic Turnaround - THISDAY / Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance / PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by FemiMaduka(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeria for you! It is a miracle that this country has survived the level of directionlessness and mediocrity. With the way we're going, those refineries would be sold for scrap.

I give you this for perspective:

Ethiopia will commission the 6,400MW Grand Renaissance Dam in 2021, a physical work started in 20111. It is the biggest hydroelectric dam in all of Africa. There have been a lot of problems with its development. Egypt is even threatening to attack Ethiopia over its development. However, construction has only taken 10 years.

In Nigeria, we've been "building" the 3,000MW Mambilla Hydroelectric Power Station for close to 40 years and it is not even ready. In fact, construction has not even properly taken off. No external aggression/pressure or any threat of it, but we still haven't been able to birth it.

Here we are, a nation of about 200M heads not able to run four refineries of a combined <500,000bpd capacity. This is where we are.

The real enemies of Nigeria are the people that want this present madness (structure) to continue. Make of this whatever you may.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Smeagol89: 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
Shey Atiku talk say him go sell NNPC during his campaign in 2019,

But the dullardhino in aso rock said atiku wants to loot the country treasury, even which i believed is true..

Bunch of useless fools we have as leaders in this nation

God punish all of una....

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Seunpaul01(m): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
In other words, it is over for Nigeria refineries.

Nigeria is doomed, the earlier we accept the better. 2O23 won't change anything
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Bibianstan(f): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Awwwn! so sorry
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Lush100(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell.
Refinery technology is not a new thing.
It just like saying it's not possible to buy a Nigerian used car and upgrade it to tokunbo standard. As far as parts are available and the car is within the same tech age range, there is nothing like they are beyond repair.
All this means is that they want to create monopoly for dangote in the Nigerian market for refining of crude oil. The only way they can do that is to say all our refineries in Nigeria is beyond repair.
Any sound and tested metallurgical engineer can get those things to standard usage not even at the bloated price they are calling it.
Just tell us dangote is coming on board and u want him to monopolize the market so he can feed ur nothern cronies your share and make super profit in addition.
Not all of us are illiterates.
Dear dumb NNPC

N.B. I like Aliko Dangote as a person but the company today is being run for covert purposes because of high handled pressure from north political forces.
Dangote metamorphized from a Nigerian trademark company to northern-interest company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by xcellentgraphic: 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
Brokeronline:
Over to the government.

I will teach you

PHP
MySQL
JavaScript
CSS and
HTML

In just one week... Fee: 98% off

Cal/WhatsAp: 0813 12 8 18 12
Lol...are you kidding me...which head u wan put am...HTML and CSS alone will take more than 2months to perfect
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by blackboy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
No one will be arrested. No one will pay for this sabotage and corruption. Welcome to APC Nigeria that promised us things better than PDP.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Dintahdialah(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
Doom to you all
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by phazotron(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
daddytime:
Mission accomplished, corruption triumphed, and no English again to take continue to dey defend the looting in the name of TAM when the original refinery (Dangote refinery) don come on board.

What a country.

Until we all go back to the basics, to agree on where we got it all wrong, even though we have an idea from when we got it wrong, we all still need to accept our respective culpabilities, no matter how damning or painful to the ears they might sound, and honestly agree to work towards mending the burnt bridges and rebirthing that much-eroded trust that is presently our bane as a nation/people, we shall continue to run around in circles with the same oppressive and vengeful system still in place because true repentance and forgiveness from all parties involved aren't being talked about.

Everyone is still stubbornly claiming to be politically right.

The present system and constitution upon which Nigeria is being run on were deliberately crafted in that manner to be vengeful, spiteful, evil, lopsided, and generally rotten.

To have a glimpse of an idea, ask yourself why is it that, those who seem and sound sane from the sidelines and activists for the masses seem to easily lose their voices and easily get swallowed up in the quagmire of everything decrepit the moment they ascend the ladder on to the corridors of power?

The answer is simple, and it is akin to wearing a spotless babaringa or well tailored suit to climb down a sewage and expect not to reek of poo or get blemished. How possible can this be?

I keep telling people that the problem with Nigeria is fundamental, foundational, and structural. And until we begin to sincerely seek a way to address these issues, we'd only be piling up more blocks or floors on a structurally defect sky scrapper and the end result will always be an eventual collapse beside the severe and un-healable injuries that'd have been sustained along the way.

If we don't come out in all honesty to discuss, seek genuine forgiveness from each other, we won't make any headway with a million #Endsars protest or youth party.

I've always thought the oldies in power are 100% the problem and as such, a chance for the youths at governance will rectify all the malaise we are presently faced with. But having tried in my own little way to birth a youth movement to realize the above and getting stuck along the way, I was forced back to the drawing table to have a rethink, go back in time to history, and find out what the problem truly is.

I soon realized that the problem isn't the people that get into government perse, neither is it their qualification, age, religion, or region, but the system through which they come and upon which they operate is flawed and deliberately so to achieve a set goal.

A set goal which boils down to the history of this country, a history set on "never again", a history set on perceived or actual betrayal of trust, a history built on " fool me once, you are the fool but fool me twice, then I'm the fool", in short, a history set on, "forgetting and forgiving is a sin".

We all need to know our history to some extent to understand where we are coming from, where we are presently, including how we got here, and ultimately, where we are headed, how we intend to get there, and of all, if we will ever get there.

To understand our history, it would be important to understand where we were as a people pre-independence, post-independence, the 1966 coup, the post coup events, the counter-coup, the civil war, and the subsequent events that has led us here today.

We need to go back to understanding our respective regions without any bias, prejudices, arrogance, name-calling, or seeing our individual regions superior to the other, et al

It is one thing to meet someone as a man or woman, feel a connect, mutual love based on trust and decide to become a couple, it is another thing to see a young girl, and decide to use all your powers including but not limited to religion, popularity, culture, and external backing to hold her to ransom and against her wish for a marriage. While the first can be seen as mutual and free-willing, the latter is clearly forced, and will only breed resentment, ran out, hate, and where all these are present, retrogression, naturally takes root.

We need to get rid of a system that breeds youths to power and perpetuate them into oldies in power without recourse to their downlines.

How do we go back to our pre-1966 era?
How do we rebuild the trust for one another which our actions and inactions has eroded over time?
How do we rebuild a nation where no part of the union will feel more superior politically, economically, educationally or otherwise to the other, and rub it in without any remorse?

We have a way to go my people.

Nigerians will never pick up the slack and take responsibility for their share of the problem.

The politicians are always the problem.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by c900: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dem wan sell am opueke.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by princety24(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by c900: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
So that it can be sold cheap
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Goodman247: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeria cannot manage anything, shame
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Abagworo(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
Obasanjo sold these refineries way back in 2007 only for an inefficient Yar'adua he forced on Nigeria to reverse all the strategic steps taken by Obasanjo to grow Nigerian economy. Right now the entire 200 million people are waiting for their saviour Dangote to complete his refinery and sell at whatever price he pleases as king of monopoly. Na we do us

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Funflipper: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
KnightsTemplar:
From Turn around to Revamp cheesy.
They've been awarding contracts for the TAM of those refinaries since Abacha's regime, to this present Buhari's regime, still refinaries won't work, because the cabals that held it and our light down, are making billions, importing refined fuel and generators, and our ineffectual leaders can't do anything about it.

How about the canals getting paid 100% for these contracts with absolutely nothing to show for it. Nigeria is doomed beyond redemption.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Zenithpeak(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Officialgarri:
Wow, and the government still have the guts to share this information with us.

What we were told is that these refineries will be working as soon as the APC takes over from PDP.

This is fvcking 2020 and we are told this?
10billion as salaries for a non-function, non-productive contraption.

It's indeed always very easy to judge from afar, else, these useless excuses won't be coming up after 5 years in power and 13 years of campaign.

My submission is that the government brings in reputable valuers to cost the 4 facilities , then sell it off to private investors...
Instead of wasting 10billion monthly. Don't be stupid

The refinery will be sold out to Dangote Group and it will be kept moribund till eternity to keep monopolistic market idea intact while the payment made for purchase of the refinery will be returned through back door arrangement.... Tax relief and dollar racketeering will be allowed to cover for the payment....

Abi no be Nija we dey?
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by omoiyalayi(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
When did they discover this ??

They are just looking for excuse to sell it to themselves

God will deliver this country one day
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by sonofthunder: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Laimomo08:
G

G for Girl power?
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Openbusiness: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dangote Refinery monopoly loading. Suddenly when Dangote Refinery is gearing for launch, they will collapse all the existing govt local refineries. If uno uno.

STOP! Do Not Cross This Marking. Corruption At Work. sad
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by writeprof(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
daddytime:
Mission accomplished, corruption triumphed, and no English again to take continue to dey defend the looting in the name of TAM when the original refinery (Dangote refinery) don come on board.

What a country.

Until we all go back to the basics, to agree on where we got it all wrong, even though we have an idea from when we got it wrong, we all still need to accept our respective culpabilities, no matter how damning or painful to the ears they might sound, and honestly agree to work towards mending the burnt bridges and rebirthing that much-eroded trust that is presently our bane as a nation/people, we shall continue to run around in circles with the same oppressive and vengeful system still in place because true repentance and forgiveness from all parties involved aren't being talked about.

The present system and constitution upon which Nigeria is being run were deliberately crafted in that manner to be vengeful, spiteful, evil, lopsided, and generally rotten.

To have a glimpse of an idea about what I mean, ask yourself this; why is it that, those who seem and sound sane from the sidelines, and supposedly activists for the masses easily get to lose their voices and instead get swallowed up in the quagmire of everything decrepit within the system the moment they ascend the ladder on to the corridors of power?

The answer is simple, and it is akin to wearing a spotless babaringa or well-tailored suit to climb down sewage and expect not to reek of poo or get blemished. How possible can this be?

I keep telling people that the problem with Nigeria is fundamental, foundational, and structural. And until we begin to sincerely seek a way to address these issues, we'd only be piling up more blocks or floors on a structurally defect sky scrapper and the result will always be an eventual collapse besides the severe and un-healable injuries that'd have been sustained along the way.

If we don't come out, in all honesty, to discuss, seek genuine forgiveness from each other, we won't make any headway even with a million #Endsars protest or youth parties combined.

I've always thought the oldies in power are 100% the problem and as such, a chance for the youths at governance will rectify all the malaise we are presently faced with. But having tried in my little way to birth a youth movement to realize the above and getting stuck along the way, I was forced back to the drawing table to have a rethink, go back in time to history, and find out what the problem truly is.

I soon realized that the problem isn't the people that get into government perse, neither is it their qualification, age, religion, or region, but the system through which they come and upon which they operate is flawed and deliberately so to achieve a set goal.

A set goal which boils down to the history of this country, a history set on "never again", a history set on the perceived or actual betrayal of trust, a history built on " fool me once, you are the fool but fool me twice, then I'm the fool", in short, a history set on, "forgetting and forgiving is a sin".

We all need to know our history to some extent to understand where we are coming from, where we are presently, including how we got here, and ultimately, where we are headed, how we intend to get there, and of all, if we will ever get there.

To understand our history, it would be important to understand where we were as a people pre-independence, post-independence, the 1966 coup, the post-coup events, the counter-coup, the civil war, and the subsequent events that have led us here today.

We need to go back to understanding our respective regions without any bias, prejudices, arrogance, name-calling or seeing our individual regions superior to the other, et al

It is one thing to meet someone as a man or woman, feel a connect, mutual love based on trust and decide to become a couple, it is another thing to see a young girl, and decide to use all your powers including but not limited to religion, popularity, culture, and external backing to hold her to ransom and against her wish for marriage. While the first can be seen as mutual and free-willing, the latter is clearly forced, and will only breed resentment, rancor, hate, and where all these are present, retrogression naturally takes root.

We need to get rid of a system that breeds youths to power and perpetuate them into oldies in power without recourse to their downlines.

How do we rebuild the trust for one another in which our actions and inactions have eroded over time?
How do we rebuild a nation where no part of the union will feel more superior politically, economically, educationally, or otherwise to the other, and rub it in without any remorse?

What can I say more? You have removed words from my mouth. I wanted to mention DANGOTE REFINERY, you did. I wanted to talk about bring HISTORY back to our curriculum, you said it, though in another way. I have argued with colleagues just this afternoon on the need to OVERHAUL the ENTIRE POLITICAL STRUCTURE/SYSTEM through a referendum cum restructuring. Achebe said it, my paraphrase, that we must know where the rain started to beat us before we talk of solutions.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by writeprof(m): 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Smeagol89:

But the dullardhino in aso rock said atiku wants to loot the country treasury, even which i believed is true..

Atiku was speaking from a place of KNOWLEDGE then but sentiments made many Nigerians to take his statement wrongly.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by caye(m): 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
atobs4real:
These our leaders are evil. Damaging what is valuable beyond repairs.
The mind that rules this country, is an intelligently evil.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by caye(m): 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
atobs4real:
These our leaders are evil. Damaging what is valuable beyond repairs.
The mind that rules this country, is an intelligently evil one.
...and NO, I'm not talking about the president or other physical politicians.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by sylve11: 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
SMH

Na country be this o. sad cool
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by afolarin60591: 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
SMHNa country be this o.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by PropertyBuying(f): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Things happening in this country are just so unfortunate and embarrassing!
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

For how many years can a human being choose
to remain gullible?

Thanks for calling me gulible.

I am grateful for your wisdom

Good afternoon. I will not trobule you again. Go in peace.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
grin

Jokers running a business like no man's work.

Imagine Ten Billion Naira spent every month to maintain non-functioning factories.

Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by dangotesmummy: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
E be like say Naija problem no dey finish

Naija Matter carry 600000 yard matter with gele lipsrsealed
daddytime:

What a country.

The present system and constitution upon which Nigeria is being run were deliberately crafted in that manner to be vengeful, spiteful, evil, lopsided, and generally rotten.

To have a glimpse of an idea about what I mean, ask yourself this; why is it that, those who seem and sound sane from the sidelines, and supposedly activists for the masses easily get to lose their voices and instead get swallowed up in the quagmire of everything decrepit within the system the moment they ascend the ladder on to the corridors of power?

The answer is simple, and it is akin to wearing a spotless babaringa or well-tailored suit to climb down sewage and expect not to reek of poo or get blemished. How possible can this be?

I keep telling people that the problem with Nigeria is fundamental, foundational, and structural. And until we begin to sincerely seek a way to address these issues, we'd only be piling up more blocks or floors on a structurally defect sky scrapper and the result will always be an eventual collapse besides the severe and un-healable injuries that'd have been sustained along the way.

If we don't come out, in all honesty, to discuss, seek genuine forgiveness from each other, we won't make any headway even with a million #Endsars protest or youth parties combined.

I've always thought the oldies in power are 100% the problem and as such, a chance for the youths at governance will rectify all the malaise we are presently faced with. But having tried in my little way to birth a youth movement to realize the above and getting stuck along the way, I was forced back to the drawing table to have a rethink, go back in time to history, and find out what the problem truly is.

A set goal which boils down to the history of this country, a history set on "never again", a history set on the perceived or actual betrayal of trust, a history built on " fool me once, you are the fool but fool me twice, then I'm the fool", in short, a history set on, "forgetting and forgiving is a sin".

To understand our history, it would be important to understand where we were as a people pre-independence, post-independence, the 1966 coup, the post-coup events, the counter-coup, the civil war, and the subsequent events that have led us here today.

We need to go back to understanding our respective regions without any bias, prejudices, arrogance, name-calling or seeing our individual regions superior to the other, et al

It is one thing to meet someone as a man or woman, feel a connect, mutual love based on trust and decide to become a couple, it is another thing to see a young girl, and decide to use all your powers including but not limited to religion, popularity, culture, and external backing to hold her to ransom and against her wish for marriage. While the first can be seen as mutual and free-willing, the latter is clearly forced, and will only breed resentment, rancor, hate, and where all these are present, retrogression naturally takes root.

How do we rebuild the trust for one another in which our actions and inactions have eroded over time?
How do we rebuild a nation where no part of the union will feel more superior politically, economically, educationally, or otherwise to the other, and rub it in without any remorse?

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
Smeagol89:

Atiku was right, but he spoilt it by saying he would sell fuel at 90 naira

That would have worsened the subsidy monster which is responsible for the crisis in the first place.

Plus the real problem is here in Nigeria we have been selling fuel at a loss and paying a subsidy that does not cover the loss adequately

So, no money to fix the refineries because no profit made

Hence the damaged refineries. It didn't start today.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
daddytime:

What a country.

How do we rebuild the trust for one another which our actions and inactions have eroded over time?

Always remember that if you feel justified in your myopic and selfish belief that whatever god you worship has blessed you beyond measure and above your neighbor intellectually and educationally, and as such reserve the right to see that neighbor as a sub-human or second class human, do not be surprised when that neighbor also prays to his god and gets answered when he requests to be blessed with his own gift which could be the gift to be the custodian of "Power" to rule over those who mocks him for his inability to assimilate or learn the ways of the white man as expected by his supposedly more "intelligent" and turenci speaking neighbors who would end up becoming spoke people for the supposedly "backward and unintelligent" neighbors.

Humility and respect for one another should be a good way to start in our quest for restructuring.

God and nature can not be mocked at the same time, and if you are a fellow youth who still believes that the issues of this country Nigeria are solely physical, you had better woken up and smell the coffee.

The spiritual angle to it all dwarfs the physical you can see.

If the truth dey always sweet you for ear, you never hear better truth be that.

The truth dey bitter for the most part and e dey pain person for ear, but if you listen to am come agree say na the truth, come implement or refuse to implement am accordingly, you go dey on your way to freedom and peace of mind.

I be Nigerian boy from Edo State oh!

Good talk

But you miss the problem

Nigeria has been selling fuel at a price below the cost of refining the fuel.

And then they pay marketersa subsidy that does not cover the loss they make.

Marketers made up that loss by smuggling fuel to neighbouring countries where the sale price was higher or they staged fuel scarcity to make enough cash to balance their books

Importing fuel then became more profitable than refining it here, becauseof free oil money

Then Buhari came and made NNPC the sole importer of fuel and made them to sell to maketters at a loss and made NNPC pay their subsidy from their pocket

And as a result NNPC does not have enough money to do real live maintenance and upgrading

All these problems can be solved by deregulation

But because you people dont want to pay 200 or more per liter of fuel

We were warned in 1993 to deregulate. We refused to listen. In 1994, NNPC could not afford to do tam on its refineries. The slow destruction had begun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: FG Declares June 28th & 29th, 2023 As Public Holidays / Lagos Wooden-Bridge Owners Make Millions Of Naira Daily – Investigation / Rochas Okorocha Campaign For Akinwumi Ambode In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.