Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance (26254 Views)

Greatest Naira Comeback Unleashes Prospects For Economic Turnaround - THISDAY / Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance / PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Hambivert: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
sparogatively, I find this sparogative
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Cryptofxt10: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hahhahah
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by steve6: 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
In Fela Kuti's voice, "...dem go dey parambulate and them still dey d same same place! ".
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by neonly: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
Watch them building new refinery in the North in coming years it was part of der new agenda dat we didn't know abt except me
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by VaselineCrew: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
Remember when Buharis "Body Language" was fixing the refineries?

This country is filled with clowns.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by godofuck231: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
apc met a working refinery which was claimed to be working in partial capacity now after billions spent it's beyound repair or turnaround maintenance? hmmmm bubu
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by BruncleZuma: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
Legacy
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by wingmanIII: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
After looting billions on imaginary TAM over the years. NNPC is a big cesspool of corruption, they contributed immensely in impoverishing this unfortunate country.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by luminouz(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
Brokeronline:
Over to the government.

I will teach you

PHP
MySQL
JavaScript
CSS and
HTML

In just one week... Fee: 98% off

Cal/WhatsAp: 0813 12 8 18 12

And you expect me to believe this?

Teach me all these courses in just a week? Haba, dey slow down with ya lies na undecided

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by airminem(f): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
Pass leaders have successful wasted the resources of this country without remorse sad
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by bayelsaowei(m): 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
wink grin

So it means all the TAM funds were knowingly put into a dead brownfield project with many persons smiling to the banks..thank you Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by bayelsaowei(m): 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
wingmanIII:
grin grin grin grin grin
After looting billions on imaginary TAM over the years. NNPC is a big cesspool of corruption, they contributed immensely in impoverishing this unfortunate country.
its the reason why ibe kachikwu was chased away..TAM has been a scam along..
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rugaria:
Run it to the ground.. Map out billions to maintain it, then cannibalize whatever remains of the mismanaged edifice..., unleash negative propoganda against it to diminish it's worth..., Wait for when everybody is exasperated and unconcerned....then, theeen, theeeen? Dash it out to your cronies in the name of commercialization and privitasation, with the beneficiaries most probably getting their funding from the CBN! You've seen this before.., right?
This has been the tactic used in all Nigerian privatized public companies over the years .

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
neonly:
Watch them building new refinery in the North in coming years it was part of der new agenda dat we didn't know abt except me

All the ongoing new refinereis are in the South for now. Dangote inclusive...as well as four others, three of which are in the South South.

The North has one refinery...the Kaduna refienry that is out of date.(There is a pilot refinery in ABU Zaria...largely for teaching purposes.)

Besides a refinery in the North , supplied by pumped fuel from the south would help reduce the cost of transporting fuel to the North and by extension subsidy costs (and help in deregulation in the future)

And it also provides....jobs...and less idle hands...especially for the local jihadis recrutitn agency, and the bandit boys too.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Tiheanacho(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
The amount of money spent on this turn around abi turn over manitance can be used to get a brand new refinary working at 100% capacity. Nigeria and bad government.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by fineboynl(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
when dangote start refining crude. Nigeria will buy fuel 500 per litter. example is the local rice.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Officialgarri:
Wow, and the government still have the guts to share this information with us.

What we were told is that these refineries will be working as soon as the APC takes over from PDP.

This is fvcking 2020 and we are told this?
10billion as salaries for a non-function, non-productive contraption.

It's indeed always very easy to judge from afar, else, these useless excuses won't be coming up after 5 years in power and 13 years of campaign.

My submission is that the government brings in reputable valuers to cost the 4 facilities , then sell it off to private investors...
Instead of wasting 10billion monthly. Don't be stupid
can't the government make it work, oh waiting to sell it to their cronies in other to deceive you to think that's the solution. Why can't Nigeria make things work like other countries? They privatize nepa yet nothing is working with it, only darkness everywhere.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by ipobarecriminals: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
sad How is diz News undecided? Dey kip pouring water Inside/into a basket.Kip looting FANTASTICALLY THIEVES
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by fineboynl(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
I heard them saying the spent 10 billion monthly.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
wingmanIII:
grin grin grin grin grin
Who is running it, no be your Nigerian government.. Dangote is running his business smoothly but everything is going fine with it.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by mygem: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
Then what are the workers still doing there....Reading Newspaper I guess...then you pay them outrageous allowances and bonus year in year out....If it were to be a private company will you as the MD/CEO still run wage bill on a dead company.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by codedguy1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
grin

We are so fvcked as a country we don't even have an idea how deep the fvck is.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Basic reason why our refinereis are damaged beyond TAM is simple...subsidy.

Subsidy means that it is far easier to make a profit importing fuel or pretending to import fuel, and collecting subsidy money than it is to refine fuel in Nigeria.

All because our subsidising fuel since the 1970's has led to this.

We have been selling fuel below the production cost for decades because Nigerians want cheap fuel and the rich oil barons and subsidy thieves want free money.

In 1993, they told us to remove this subsidy of a thing. We called them IMF agents. See what neglecting good advice has caused us.

If we want those refinereis back it is simple....we have to
1.Prvatise NNPC
2.End subsidy once and for all
3.Allow marketers to control the price of fuel
4.Allow compelte and total deregulation of the downstream sector.

Yes, we would pay N300 per liter. Yes, Buhari is a wicked man. Yes, APC has lied to us. Yes, it would affect the poor. Yes, the North is opressing us. Yes, the IMF is dealing with us. Yes, I am talking rubbish. Ye,s they have looted our money. Yes, they have stolen from us.

But the truth is, if we want working refinereis, we have to say goodbye to government controlling the price of fuel . I'm sorry, but that's the only way.We have to make it profitale to refine fuel in this country so thaat we can have the local and foriegn investment needed to build and operate more refinereis.

And God knows I HATE THE WHOLE IDEA.

Thank you and good afternoon.

For how many years can a human being choose
to remain gullible?
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by AreaFada2: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
And it took ou "able" petroleum minister Maj Gen Buhari 5 years to find out.
Great. shocked
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by ofiko123(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
Bad news.. Good news: Dangote's refinery is upcoming..
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by drololaaof: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
Shameless leaders and management of NNPC ,thank God it is not endsars that damage it ,
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Omezif(m): 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeria and neglect are like 99 and 100, see what neglect has caused . Neglect to something is a bad decision.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by 360command: 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
And they say Nigerians are smart people.. we are dull in reality.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Ijaya123: 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
After sinking billions of naira into it for over 20 years. The political class are corruption personified.

I'm just pained that 2023 which is the election year is not next year. Loads of them would have been retired politically. 2020 is still far off and I'm afraid the current movement and consciousness of the youth against the ruling class might wane before then.
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by gabicon: 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/29/nnpc-nigerian-refineries-damaged-beyond-turnaround-maintenance/

I worked in one of the refineries when I was undergoing my industrial training some 12 years ago and I didnt need a soothsayer to explain to me that this thing is dead. Then they were considering selling the avation plant for scrap. They had 2 primary compressor one was dead, the other on life support, there was only on retiree who they made a contract staff that could revive that compressor. The steam turbines were all gone, with their turbine blade littered all over the place.

President Obasanjo understood that the only remedy was to privatize the place, but unfortunatly we many diddnt understand the challenges and president Yar-Adua reversed the privatisation and here we are. The decay in these refineries will require replacing most of the main equipments, which is as good as building a new refinery.

For us to survive as a nation we need to understand how to cut away dead weight, NNPC just recruited 1000 people, couldnt they have redeployed the people at these refineries doing nothing and getting paid? The forcast shows that by 2040 there will be a 40% demand cut in the oil industry, why are we still talking about beating this dead horse? Dangote, BUA, and other refineries springing up are going to refine 4times more than our state owned refinery, do we still really need them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by CodeTemplar: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Just when Dangote is about to start another lucrative monopoly . . . lol

I have always had this feeling the govt owned refineries will be condemned to give a bigger market to Dangote
Re: NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Y

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest / Revolution Now: DSS Urges Nigerians To Disregard Threat Of Revolution. / Bashir Ahmad Gives Asks INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.