Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,116 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) (50250 Views)

Kidnapped Pastor Polycarp Zongo Released By Boko Haram / First Thing Dasuki Did When He Returned Home After He Regains Freedom [PHOTOS] / Muhammad Lawan Faro Who Climbed Billboard To Protest Regains Freedom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by EBMedia: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2020
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6213673/reverend-polycap-zango-kidnapped-boko#95455200

Reverend Polycarp Zongo, a pastor of the Church of Christ in Nations, Jos, Plateau State, who was kidnapped by the Islamic State In West Africa (ISWAP) around Bauchi-Gombe road, has been released, IgbereTV reports.

Pastor Zongo was released on Friday evening, October 30, through an undisclosed process, officials say. Details about his release are yet to be disclosed, however, it was gathered that he communicated with his wife to confirm his release.

The pastor, who went missing while travelling to Gombe State for a conference, had appeared in a video this week saying he was abducted by the Islamic State West Africa Province.

Pastor Zango said he was in the custody of the insurgents alongside two other Christian women, who were also abducted.

In the video, the cleric seen seated behind a prayer mat, said he was abducted on Monday, October 19, 2020.

“My name is Reverend Polycap Zongo and I am a pastor at COCIN LCC Wild Life Park, Plateau State, Nigeria. On October 19, 2020, I was travelling for a conference in Gombe when I was abducted by Boko Haram insurgents who caught me on the road. Right now I am with them," he said.

“I am appealing to the governor of Plateau State, Simon Boko Lalong, and the Senator of Plateau North, Barrister ID Gyang, and the Christian Association of Nigeria and COCIN Church to please help save me from their hands. They also abducted two Christian women who are also here with me, we are appealing to be rescued.” he added.

It is not clear if Miss Fayina Ali, a Kaduna-indigene of Adamawa State, who was also said to have gone missing same Monday he was captured, is among the two Zongo mentioned.

Miss Ali had held her marriage introduction on the weekend of her disappearance. Her wedding with a Air Force personnel is slated for December 2020.

Masara Kim Usman wrote on Facebook:

"ISWAP frees abducted Rev. Polycarp Zongo.

Zongo was kidnapped October 19, 2020 near Gombe.

He appeared in a video on Wednesday appealing for help.

News of his release came Friday evening.

Details underway"
https://www.facebook.com/100000484611336/videos/5241260785900023/?app=fbl

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tRO-ICl91c

https://igberetvnews.com/1369962/plateau-pastor-abducted-boko-haram-regains-freedom-photos/

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by BlessedSpirit: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
let somebody shout hallelujah

267 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Glorry !!!!

Let me paste this here too!!
Thank you Lord for his return !!

When I saw the headline, I remember when some good nairaland guys prayed for my friend cousin who was abducted by this infamous Fulani herdsmen.

Glory to God !! They return after presenting N1m as remuneration. Before they requested N 5Om .

According to my friend, let me summarize it, am saying it here to thank God and those who prayed, that God answer prayers.

He told me, as they told him, that the kilometer they walk was more than 4 hours on foot. The bush was far and thick, that if they were given the opportunity to come back that they can't find thier way home. According to them they threaten the living hell outta them, expose them to hazardous condition. Food was like one hand measurements. Some of them told them that it's not Thier will doing that, that as they are in that bush government do bring provision for them like food, guns. They said the guns they are using Nigeria soldiers can't use it. They said alot of things, but one miraculous thing God did was, after then send the money they don't want to allow them, their initial plan was to kill them but one of the boss just like them he wàs the one that brought to the road to find thier way home. In deed God work miracles.

I decree that the plots of the infidels/book haram/Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria won't happen, I pray God save us from this guys.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
Pastor Repeat After Me:ORI YO MI..... Truly Ori yo ee because if not Your Chicken would have been roasted

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Kestolove(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Congratulations

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by FemolasticA: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
Praise be name of our Lord Jesus!!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
THANK you My PRECIOUS DADDY!
Thank you Wonderful JESUS!!
Only GOD Could Have Made this Happen!!
All Glory, Honor and Thanks to The KING of kings!!

When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

I Believe the Sons of Belai , Scoffers and Haters of GOD who where Masturbating up and down because of Prayers made will Humble themselves and Submit to the ALMIGHTY CREATOR

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Madibah(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Righteousness89:

Only GOD Could Have Made this Happen!!

Mtchew
Where was God when he was kidnapped?

Religion has made this mofos believe nothing can happen ordinarily

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
Madibah:

Mtchew
Where was God when he was kidnapped?

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Pierocash(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
So boko boys do release abducted Christians? Never knew. Then those guys are good

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Madibah(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Righteousness89:
cancel

You need weed bro
Enough Arizona mixed with chronic Marley kush with a bit of emzolyn to assemble your brain
Bcuz religion has brainwashed you a lot

Hypos

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Madibah:

You need weed bro
Enough Arizona mixed with chronic Marley kush with a beat of emzolyn to assemble your brain
Bcuz religion has brainwashed you a lot

Hypos

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Liposure: 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Glory be to god

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Enudapan: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Welcome back
You need to organize a thanks giving ceremonies
Nd if mushin weed is not shared
The ceremony shouldn't hold

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Inventionalgeek: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
wahala for who no get mb
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
With Muslim mentality, The world has miss it's beauty.

#endislamnow

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by slimanyd: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
To God be the glory .

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by RaptObserver: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Maybe they needed money and they got it. They might use this to trick people into paying ransom in future kidnapping so that they will end up killing them or they just reformed to normal criminal gang.
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by greggng: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
This one get luck . Why can't they free Leah ?

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by 02Kebreal(m): 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Una sure say na the real BH kidnap am?
He is lucky o

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
Glory to God
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by OmodavidoX(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
Thank God for his life. so happy for him
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by datola: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
Paise God!

We pray for others still in captivity.
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
How much did they pay
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by ThisisBuhari: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
This looks like arranged kidnapping.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Glory be to God for protection
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by dailyblog(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Glory be to God
Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by fineboynl(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
ransom have been paid for his release. but still he need to thank his God it's not easy and many have been killed.

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by Hambivert: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Rev. Polycap, I sparogatively thank God for you life!

Even here on Nairaland, many prayed for your safe release and God didn't disappoint as usual!

"The earnest prayer of the righteous availeth much!"

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) by freshkpomo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Verdict: So happy reading this, since I read about his kidnap I have been sad as a Christian. Thanks to everyone who said a word of prayer for him, thanks to God almighty too for the release. I should celebrate this with a bottle of dubic.

Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment / Fashola Reacts After His Appointment As Minister Of Works & Housing / Abaribe, Others Lose N300m Bail Bond As FG Rearrests Kanu