Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,297 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu (32870 Views)

A Governor Practicing Sharia Stole Public Funds, Bought Hotel In Lagos - Sanusi / Aisha Yesufu: I Got My NYSC Even Before Buhari Wrote His Cambridge / Fashola Has Depreciated – Aisha Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
And when we say some nairaland men are misogynistic, they'll call us bitter and frustrated. See the comments some of them are posting already over a harmless comment.

I remember when this woman was the role model for a lot of you guys on this forum. A woman that championed the cause for a mini rebellion in a country filled with cowards, a woman that became a hero, a reason, a beacon of hope for the "child men" that exists in the country, a woman that gave them a chance to exercise their anger has suddenly gone from hero to zero because she believes and practices gender equality? Why am I surprised.

Let me ask this: did you all think your so-called submissive wives could have been bold to do half of what she has done? Or that a chauvinistic husband would have let her do this much?

You all make me laugh.

grin My dear, if Aisha Yusuf isn't a Muslim woman and very wasn't wearing a big Hijab in that protest. I doubt very much she would get such attention. It is the same sentiments playing with being a feminist.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Sixfeetbelle: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Anoth:

You can wail all you like kiddo, it still doesn't change the fact that she's taking advantage of the little fame that was given to her to push the purposeless movement

And mind you, she didn't lead any "mimi-rebellion", she was pivotal to the protest because she is influential

And your dumb musicians aren't cashing out from the fame too? Who was the one that had an interview with CNN? Who was the one that promised a protest only to accept to sit back down because he was promised a "reform"?

Pray, tell, who led the rebellion? You?

Many people didn't know she was capable of such energy and zeal until she did it. Being famous didn't do jackshit for her cause.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Sixfeetbelle: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
SWEETEIGHTEEN:

grin My dear, if Aisha Yusuf isn't a Muslim woman and very wasn't wearing a big Hijab in that protest. I doubt very much she would get such attention. It is the same sentiments playing with being a feminist.

She would still have gotten the recognition she deserved if she wasn't wearing a hijab. When women do things ordinarily expected of men, it makes waves. That's how feminism works.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by pocohantas(f): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
Shortyy:

Immediately. grin
Hahahahaha

I don’t know why most Naija men hate to see a man treat his wife as an equal. Even if she never mentioned the feminist bit, reading through the sacrifices her husband makes is enough to give them chest pain. If I see any alfa male near my man, I will poison his drink before e scatter the good thing we share. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Tabitha03(f): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Your husband is sensible
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by crackhaus: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
bukatyne:
Interestingly, their 'complementing themselves' still fall within standard gender roles. Maybe a 'I change the gas and my husband goes to the market' would have thrilled me.

I am happy for this little expose. At least awon 'marriage stop your goals as a woman' would give us breathing space and realize that their own husbands and not marriage is the problem.

I am curious though: how old is she to be married twenty years?

I thought she was in her early thirties.

You're always on point, okay not always but mostly... grin

Honestly, there's nothing out of the ordinary in their family dynamic if we are to go by what are on those screenshots.
Perhaps the fact that she used the term feminist to describe her husband is the reason why people are reacting.

I mean take a look at this particular tweet below – she says he didn't know when his own kids were writing exams. Doesn't that imply he was not a hands-on father, or perhaps he was, but not to a large extent?
This kind of contradicts that whole feminist narrative.

I get her point though, the summary of it all is that her husband supports her aluta hustle and does not hold her down/back, which would be typical of muslims.

What I don't know is if this makes him a feminist, or it simply makes him a supportive husband which is what every sensible man with a sensible wife actually is.

However, being the latter (supportive) does not automatically make one the former (feminist), and she may have been conflating the two.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by cococandy(f): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
Watch the guy haters call him a SIMP. Any man who is a feminist, and also loves and supports a feminist is a SIMP? Lmao. Ignorance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Shortyy(f): 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know why most Naija men hate to see a man treat his wife as an equal. Even if she never mentioned the feminist bit, reading through the sacrifices her husband makes is enough to give them chest pain. If I see any alfa male near my man, I will poison his drink before e scatter the good thing we share. grin grin

Because to them women are born to suffer for them, they want to live life as they please while the female folk are supposed to worship them like demi gods, do their biddings and never complain about a thing.
According to them, that's how their mothers lived with their fathers.
Suffering and smiling kind of relationship.

*spits

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

She would still have gotten the recognition she deserved if she wasn't wearing a hijab. When women do things ordinarily expected of men, it makes waves. That's how feminism works.

Would she get positive views by men and even some women if she avoided using the word feminism. All that she has described her husband is nothing extraordinary.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by olagoke29970: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
:I love your reply!!!Had me giggling!! same person using alternate moniker to bash me and then praise himself
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Sixfeetbelle: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
SWEETEIGHTEEN:

Would she get positive views by men and even some women if she avoided using the word feminism. All that she has described her husband is nothing extraordinary.

That's why I stated misogyny/patriarchy is deeply rooted in Nigerians. A hero gone to zero because of one word.
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by RightToReject(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Before crass and/or opportunistic women start to see themselves in her image, she didn't say she's crass and opportunistic. Of course, there's nothing "simp" about her husband. They're just a conscientious couple who identifies with feminism; if her account is correct. And feminism, just like other movements similar to it, has never been a problem since people from both weak and strong ethical leanings identify with it; so, any problem associated with it has to do with the individuals involved.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by pocohantas(f): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Shortyy:

Because to them women are born to suffer for them, they want to live life as they please while the female folk are supposed to worship them like demi gods, do their biddings and never complain about a thing.
According to them, that's how their mothers lived with their fathers.
Suffering and smiling kind of relationship.

*spits

Then they should marry the widows in their villages na. This thing no suppose hard.grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

That's why I stated misogyny/patriarchy is deeply rooted in Nigerians. A hero gone to zero because of one word.

It is not the word, but the sentiments attached to it. You can imagine if she had said her husband is the most practicing redpiller. Just that word REDPILL will give a different narrative on this thread.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Rumor2ruth: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
JoeEeL:
This woman, you don try for the #endSars but e don do you o. undecided

You go dey do like say you no sabi d kind religion wey you come from wey them like to dey cut head anyhow. We still want you alive. Dishing out back-to-back western values this way in the open is bound to cause severe burning sensation in the hearts of those people across the sahel; those ones that all they know is to subjugate, domesticate and terrorise women and non-muslims. cool
. Arindin omo
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Shortyy(f): 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
pocohantas:

Then they should marry the widows in their villages na. This thing no suppose hard.grin

But they won't!
They want fresh loyal babes.

Lmao omo I tire abeg.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by JastSiryin(m): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
If that's true, then he's a cuck. I wouldn't want any woman saying that sh*t about me

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Sixfeetbelle: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
SWEETEIGHTEEN:

It is not the word, but the sentiments attached to it. You can imagine if she had said her husband is the most practicing redpiller. Just that word REDPILL will give a different narrative on this thread.

We're saying the same thing. Somehow feminism is a bad word on this forum no matter who said it or how it was said. It's bad practice.
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ivolt: 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
Anoth:
small fame she don start to push the "borderline criminal" Feminist Movement.

Watch how the Twitter feminists will flock around her advocating for equal rights but rejecting equal responsibilities.

And her husband is also a feminist? That
synonymous to saying that her husband is an irredeemable SIMP

When feminists and gay rights group were cooking for peaceful protesters and supporting them on the streets and social media, they weren't borderline criminal then.
The feminists foolishly thought they had dependable allies against historical norms where minorities are the first casualties of revolutionaries and power grabbers.
Who would have thought you guys will start eating one another this soon.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Sixfeetbelle: 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
pocohantas:

Or simply stay submissive and endure all the travails and troubles in their relationships just like their mothers did. You'd think that someone who idolises his mother would want to be like her, but no, not these ones. They want another lady to be like their mother.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by pocohantas(f): 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Or simply stay submissive and endure all the travails and troubles in their relationships just like their mothers did. You'd think that someone who idolises his mother would want to be like her, but no, not these ones. They want another lady to be like their mother.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! They won’t even want to marry men like their fathers if they were women. Meaning they know something is wrong with the arrangement, but let’s not reason like that. gringrin

Shortyy:

But they won't!
They want fresh loyal babes.

Lmao omo I tire abeg.

They do make compromises sha. If foreign citizenship is involved. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Shortyy(f): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
pocohantas:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! They won’t even want to marry men like their fathers if they were women. Meaning they know something is wrong with the arrangement, but let’s not reason like that. gringrin

Because they'd rather be submissive to women in another country than to Nigerian women. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
Anoth:
small fame she don start to push the "borderline criminal" Feminist Movement.

Watch how the Twitter feminists will flock around her advocating for equal rights but rejecting equal responsibilities.

And her husband is also a feminist? That
synonymous to saying that her husband is an irredeemable SIMP

I knew I must meet riffrafs always ready to self-service on anything feminism tongue

Araloma tayinpa tongue

Pepper body tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
JastSiryin:
If that's true, then he's a cuck. I wouldn't want any woman saying that sh*t about me
shame on you for your mind you be man? tongue

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
pocohantas:

like Micheal and angela cheesy wink
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by pocohantas(f): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
SAMBARRY:
like Micheal and angela cheesy wink

He had this to say to us during the #EndSARS protest.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
grin

Na headache go kill all these Nigerian women bashers grin
pocohantas:

He had this to say to us during the #EndSARS protest.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ezenwaforj: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Is better you are reputed for socio-political activism which has endeared to many in and outside Nigeria.Kindly keep your marital and private life to yourself.We don't need it at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by lucianohase(m): 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
You are right! I hope she doesn't take advantage of him cos, when she does , she will loose him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

We're saying the same thing. Somehow feminism is a bad word on this forum no matter who said it or how it was said. It's bad practice.

That those who see Redpill as a bad word on this forum no matter who said it would have seen Aisha Yusuf as no more a hero and brought to Zero. It's all psychology. Mind games. We're saying the same thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… / Rauf Aregbesola's First Day In Office As Interior Minister (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.