Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) (217039 Views)

Joe Biden Wins US Presidential Election 2020 / US Election 2020: Biden Prepares For Presidency, Launches Transition Website / 2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by planetx: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020
Here we go... You can take this to the bank. Biden will win the popular vote but Trump will win the electoral college, thereby elected for another 4 year term.

But the winner will not be known on Tuesday night, it might take a few days maybe even weeks before the eventual winner is announced. There will be a legal challenge to the results and might even wind all the way to the supreme court.

3 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Burgerlomo: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020
chloedogie:
1. The battle for the 270 Electoral college vote points.

As it is well known in the USA, winning the general popular votes doesnt guarantee that presidential seat, but winning the 270 electoral college votes gives you the presidency as seen in the 2016 elections. Hillary Clinton won the popular votes by almost 3million votes but President Trump won the electoral votes by over 300 points. So the battle for the major states and swing states is the real deal now. Main reason why the two candidates are still out there campaigning in major cities where the electoral college votes could determine the outcome of this election.

2. Their bases.

President Trump has one of the strongest die hard supporters bases anywhere in the world. They are like our brothers up in the North here in nigeria. Their fanaticism is so strong and sometimes scary. Though he has lost some supporters due to how he managed the covid-19 pandemic and his constant verbal rough languages but you cant deny the fact that he has gained many more supporters over the year.

For the Joe Biden base, they are more of the Behind, executive, reserved and mostly educated calm folks around the country. They could be likened to our rich Ikoyi billionaires who were making fried rice with chicken, barbeque, suya, popping champagne and sitting under canopies during the elections in 2019 on the island in Lagos. He has a very massive quiet supporters who their voices will be heard on the ballot papers. He is widely loved and more popular than Hillary Clinton, reason why the trump's campaign committee are a bit worried.

The racial differences impact on the votes.

Though largely claimed and always spoken by Trump himself that he is the only president that has done more for the black communities than any other president in the history of the United states. But words are cheap. A reflection of how true or false this is could be seen during his campaigns. You hardly see any black American at his rallies which are mostly crowded by whites. On the other hand, Democrats are known to be the only party that have the interest of the black communities and this reflects in both Joe Biden's campaign pictures as well as the number of serving black politicians under the ticket of the Democrat party. You have many governors, reps, senators, mayors and county leaders who are blacks than you will see under the Republican umbrella.
You're on point, you did your research very well.

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by scopusng(m): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020
Biden odd to win

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020
grandlexuz:
I can't wait to laugh at the disappointment of a bunch of nairaland Trump supporters. Ei go shock wuna like electric current.
Me too grin
They think Trump will win lol grin

3 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by NXTDANGOTE(m): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by dvkot(m): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020
MrALIVE:
Una shame dey shame me....have you guys ever been this passionate about Nigerian elections??
how many shooting and ballot box snatching have you heard that happened during this election

5 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by scopusng(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
Candidates odds

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Tulsaguy: 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
OK....

pls anyone who has a small truck or know someone who does and is going from Kola bus stop AIT to ikorodu in Lagos. should pls holla me on this number. ... 08077784320.

I get small load wey I wan carry....

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Dikebuka: 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
Kyase:

Very neive of you......

Thats one thing with you people.. This number was disclosed by the lieutenant governor ( a democrat) to CNN...

He was the one sounding the alarm bell in his interview with CNN.

Even the Parliamentarian(a democrat) sounded the bell in Florida.. She even went as far as disclosing that her constituent though Democrat told that they will not vote Biden

3 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
tayolove12:
I wish this man called Trump don't win
He won't win
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I already casted my vote of a lifetime.

I bleed democrat blue grin
The blue wave is coming cool

2 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Excallibur(m): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2020
donb06:

Did you just say the democrats are the reserved calm folks ?? grin my brother 80% reason why businesses are boarding up and white house is fencing is the democrats..... Those guys are radical assholes... Yes trump fans can be fanatical but they are calmer
they only engage in fiery but mostly peaceful protests grin

1 Like

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by olarid01: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2020
Sarmiz24:

USA don’t do party politics, the senate arms works to checkmates the President that how tinz works over there... If Trump F up even Republicans self go follow vote am out

Really? You definitely haven't been following occurrences in the country. I just hope the loser accepts the result with good will.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2020
LagosAirport:
seems biden isn't winning after all.
Biden is winning
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Kyase(m): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2020
Dikebuka:

Thats one thing with you people.. This number was disclosed by the lieutenant governor ( a democrat) to CNN...

He was the one sounding the alarm bell in his interview with CNN.

Even the Parliamentarian(a democrat) sounded the bell in Florida.. She even went as far as disclosing that her constituent though Democrat told that they will not vote Biden
You still sounding more neive bro.

Let's wait to counting and projection okay.
I don't want to say anything for now
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by drealbenard(m): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

See this one even republicans know they have lost this election.

Just watch and see

You don't meant? Okay ooo, let's watch & see

2 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by NNEWIsuper: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2020
IkwereIgbo:

No way a republican for life but this time with Biden.
You're simply confused like buhari cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Camelot65: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2020
Some set of people are in support of Biden (muslims, blacks, potential immigrants), while the others are in support of Trump (christians,etc)........And all of them are from Africa most especially Nigeria, while their own political structure is in shambles cheesyundecided

it's just so funny to me

11 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by MaziAlaye(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2020
Deffjam:
but why is biden the favourite across many post i checked.
Same way they said Hillary Clinton was the favourite in 2016, infact her popularity in 2016 is far more than Biden's own now. So it's not about Nairaland post or Twitter post.

2 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Excallibur(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2020
Willy7:
A Trump win will see America going to war and bullying of some smaller Nations, but for the Christians and Church, it will buy time for more preparation towards the Rapture. A Biden winning will restore some level of peace and hope for America. It will be a breathe of fresh air to some Nations that see Trump as a bully. But to the Christians and Church it will be the beginning of the end due to the unfinished business of the Obama administration towards whoredom.
So, Trump and Biden is like voting among two evils, but I think Trump is the lesser evil. Whichever, let God's will be done.
lol Trump is the first American president in over 3 decades not to be engaged in a war plus he is withdrawing troops from the middle east, are you living under a rock ? grin

6 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Sarmiz24(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2020
olarid01:

Really? You definitely haven't been following occurrences in the country. I just hope the loser accepts the result with good will.
I’ve been up to date with on it, if the looser doesn’t accept he has the right to take it up, but it will be with a fair judgement .... lol any single mistake in US Election will affect the whole world bruh, u see that election is more like a global election..
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by purplekayc(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2020
Trump will still win

3 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by jikins(m): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

You sound poorly educated and vulgar.. So you can't reply him with civility and I thought you were a mature educated dude

Oga stop being two faced. You didn't see how the other guy replied him? Calling what he wrote absolutely rubbish. No you will not see it. Its the reaction that's your problem not what triggered it. Maturity my ass. When you want to talk about something do well to look at it from all angles before jumping the gun. You can't come here and start throw shade at someone's because of how they reacted to a unprovoked attack and not acknowledge said trigger. Civility is a two way thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Nyanabo(m): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2020
chloedogie:

Some of you are the reasons behind federal government wanting to shut down the social media. Have you ever seen that type of slab fence in the White House before? What you have in the White House is a see through balustrade fence. Go to BBC, fox news, skynews, CNN etc and go and watch it live. Or check it out on YouTube as they were constructing it yesterday. Lazy youths everywhere.

Some people are meant not to be replied so why kee yourself. When you see those kind of comments just scroll past.
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by coolsegun2002: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Then you're a democrat.. You can't be for God and prefer Satan, you must be hot or cold no middle stand

Who shared republicans and democrats between God and Satan??

All politicians are on the Devils side jare....but no one is totally evil, there’s always a small percentage of good....that small good side is the side God uses to fulfill his will....

3 Likes

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Joe Biden all the way
At least if he wins, Africans fit smile again. Personally I prefer Trump, but the truth is he has been very hard on us since 2016.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by acceptbtcpay: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2020
scopusng:
Candidates odds

2.6 for trump? wow easy money! make i go fund my account sharp sharp.
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2020
Democracy at its best, Democracy facing its test!

America votes today!

Meanwhile, lay your hands on capital to build a future for yourself from our own nation where nothing is certain.

Learn HOW TO RAISE CAPITAL for anything you want to do without the usual stress when you're looking for capital from the financial institutions.

Book a space by sending your whatsapp number to my signature below.
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Raalsalghul: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Congrats to the next President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr and the next vp Kamala Devi Harris

Seems you like ancient Roman history as evidenced by your moniker?
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2020
thundafire:
Your number 2 absolute rubbish. So you are telling me that all this while White House wasn't fenced? Then because of election it's now fenced.

Precautions, Mate!

Plus, that fence isn't permanent. It's made of precast concrete sections and will be taken down as fast as it went up.
Re: US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) by EgusiShankly: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2020
Team Trump smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (133) (Reply)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Linda Okello, Kenya's Female Police Officer, The Most Endowed, In New Photos / 2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.