Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze (3398 Views)

(photo+video) - Aba Angry Youths Celebr8 Biafra; Set Nigerian Flag On Fire Today / Sabotage: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze,pave Way For B'Haram / SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2011
buzugee said:

we aint no giant bruh. we dont even have electricity

actually scratch that. we are giants.

giants of 419 grin

Y'see this is the problem we have. What does having constant electricity have to do with safeguarding the rights and dignity of Nigerians resident overseas.

What do we have a huge army and navy for if a Gabon just down the road from us can treat a Nigerian like a stray dog?

Any nation can think of a million flaws. A million reasons why it is NOT a 'giant'. America has a huge crime rate. It's main cities are ridden by gang violence and police brutality. Homelessness is rife. Guns are sold over the counter no questions asked. It's got a lot of reasons to feel small. But it won't.

Same is required of Nigerians.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
Alj Uche:

violent and rossike

come on guys, why the insult on each other undecided

He started it, blame him, I am the victim here tongue
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by egift(m): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
If only we had an active President. Gabonese government will be giving this guy first class treatment with serious apologies.

But don't be surprise if he post it on his Facebook Page with some polished sympathetic statement that will generate 100,000 Likes. cry cry cry
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by redsun(m): 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2011
Nigerian police constantly shoot suspect in the legs during interrogation and most of them end up dying of infections in filthy and congested nigerian prisons.But that not withstanding,there should be a way to make those animals pay for their atrocities legally.International law justice should apply in his case if the gabonese fail to comply.Their justice system could be as crazy as nigeria's,no regards for the law.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by buzugee(m): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
ROSSIKE:

buzugee said:

Y'see this is the problem we have. What does having constant electricity have to do with safeguarding the rights and dignity of Nigerians resident overseas.

What do we have a huge army and navy for if a Gabon just down the road from us can treat a Nigerian like a stray dog?

Any nation can think of a million flaws. A million reasons why it is NOT a 'giant'. America has a huge crime rate. It's main cities are ridden by gang violence and police brutality. Homelessness is rife. Guns are sold over the counter no questions asked. It's got a lot of reasons to feel small. But it won't.

Same is required of Nigerians.
I think you give the black man wayyyyyyyy too much credit than you should. this is black life bruh. its crazy. its grimey. it makes no sense but it is black life. you know how many gabonese or ghanaians or south africans etc have being killed violently in nigeria and nobody bats an eyelid. this is a continent that does not know who is in it or who is out of it. there is no database of who is who. life is cheap. we are all like rams with no accountability and no proof of our existence in the system. this is how black folk roll. its just another unfortunate incident amidst a trillion unfortunate incident in africa. its the black way bruv. get used to it. nobody in africa is picking up arms because you maltreat a citizen of theirs that is not in any central computer. heck for all we know the dude could be haitian pretending to be nigerian.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2011
violent said:

Again, i insist that threats of military action is totally unjustifiable, especially given that Nigeria and Gabon have both enjoyed friendly relations in time memorial.  Unlike the Austro-Hungarian attacks of Serbia which you ignorantly quoted and hoped will make you look a bit intelligent, what you forgot to metion however was that both countries had a sour history from time immemorial given Austro-Hungarian government's objective of obtaining permanent possesion of Serbia, infact this was led to the 1908-1909 crises by both government.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. There he goes again JUSTIFYING what ''whitey'' went to war over. ''Oh, they had long running animosity''. AND SO WHAT? That's supposed to be a good reason to go to war? Whatever happened to diplomacy?

Additionally the Archduke Franz Ferdinand is a Royal Prince and an heir to the throne, his death was an opportunity seen by the Austro-Hungarian government to attack Serbia

I KNEW IT! I WAS JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO BITE THAT BAIT.  The Archduke was a ''VIP'', so his killing was a ''legitimate'' reason to go to war.

Certainly not for a non-descript Igbo trader nobody knows!

Now if it had been the Ooni of Ife, or the Emir of Kano or Sultan of Sokoto who got set ablaze in Gabon, THEN it would make more sense to threaten conflict, yes

Can anyone not see this dude is a misguided, London-based, red wine guzzling elitist?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by AljUche: 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
ROSSIKE:

violent said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH. There he goes again JUSTIFYING what ''whitey'' went to war over. ''Oh, they had long running animosity''. AND SO WHAT? That's supposed to be a good reason to go to war? Whatever happened to diplomacy?

I KNEW IT! I WAS JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO BITE THAT BAIT.  The Archduke was a ''VIP'', so his killing was a ''real reason to go to war''.

Now if it had been the Ooni of Ife, or the Emir of Kano or Sultan of Sokoto who got set ablaze in Gabon, THEN it would make more sense to threaten conflict, yes

Can anyone not see this dude is a misguided, London-based, red wine drinking elitist?

rossike come on it is ok, although i see reason from your views but your message has been passed acrossed

violent:

He started it, blame him, I am the victim here tongue
grin grin grin grin grin grin no thing do you wink just give it a rest now smiley
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
buzugee said:

I think you give the black man wayyyyyyyy too much credit than you should. this is black life bruh. its crazy. its grimey. it makes no sense but it is black life. you know how many gabonese or ghanaians or south africans etc have being killed violently in nigeria and nobody bats an eyelid. this is a continent that does not know who is in it or who is out of it. there is no database of who is who. life is cheap. we are all like rams with no accountability and no proof of our existence in the system. this is how black folk roll. its just another unfortunate incident amidst a trillion unfortunate incident in africa. its the black way bruv. get used to it. nobody in africa is picking up arms because you maltreat a citizen of theirs that is not in any central computer. heck for all we know the dude could be haitian pretending to be nigerian.

Something you forget is that it will not be like that forever if people like you and I say NO.  cool
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by buzugee(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
ROSSIKE:

buzugee said:

Something you forget is that it will not be like that forever if people like you and I say NO.  cool
you and i can say NO because we are somewhat civilized but for 1 me and you, there are 10,000 deranged prehistoric africans grin its an uphill battle bruv
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2011
I KNEW IT! I WAS JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO BITE THAT BAIT.  The Archduke was a ''VIP'', so his killing was a ''real reason to go to war''.

Can anyone not see this dude is a misguided, London-based, red wine drinking elitist?

You knew nothing dude! and Yes, in such case it's an absolute, good enough reason to go to war.

There is no point painting the "all animals are equal" picture here, every person with an IQ of 20 or less knows such doesn't exist.  

North Korea would most likely not go to war with South Korea if an average citizen was shot or killed by south korean assassins, yes it's likely to cause lots of tensions, but definitely not a full scale war.

If however, Kim II- Sung's first born was murdered by South Korean assasins, we are likely to experience the next world war.  There are certain acts or instances known to be provocative by all standards, the murder of a royality or close relations of a royality is one of such.

If Prince William gets stabbed in the chest on a visit to Afghanistan, the British government might not mind putting the lives of 10,000 british soldiers at stake just to seek revenge, it's an act of war!

Another factor that should always be considered when analysing such scenarios will be the existing relationship between both countries
Again, this shouldn't require much common sense!
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 15, 2011
buzugee said:

you and i can say NO because we are somewhat civilized but for 1 me and you, there are 10,000 deranged prehistoric africans   its an uphill battle bruv

I feel you homie, but they say a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. These white folks didn't just turn all organised overnight. It all started with one of them in the cave saying to the others ''no. we cannot continue to plod around in bearskin, grunting and wielding clubs and matchetes while the Africans are building temples and pyramids  in their lands''.

Before you knew it, they had the land, and WE were on the run. So as Ben Okri wrote, ''One Single Thought, One Single Action, lived out all the way to the sea, can change the history of the world!''
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 15, 2011
You knew nothing dude! and Yes, in such case it's an absolute, good enough reason to go to war.

There is no point painting the animal farm picture, every person with an IQ of 20 or less knows such doesn't exist.

Right. So you agree you're an elitist. Thanks for the admission.

North Korea would most likely not go to war with South Korea if an average citizen was shot or killed by south korean assassins, yes it's likely to cause lots of tensions, but definitely not a full scale war.

But if North Korean citizens had become subject to long term, widespread regional/continental mistreatment by other nations for whatever reason, she would CERTAINLY issue a warning at one stage or the other, for nations to not attack and torture her citizens or risk WAR. If we know ANYTHING about North Korea, we know they would not stand for ill-treatment of her citizens abroad, no matter how much it exists within their country!

That's a nation that has DIGNITY and a sense of self-worth.

If however, Kim II- Sung's first born was murdered by South Korean assasins, we are likely to experience the next world war.  There are certain acts or instances known to be provocative by all standards, the murder of a royality or close relations of a royality is one of such.

If Prince William gets stabbed in the chest on a visit to Afghanistan, the British government might not mind putting the lives of 10,000 british soldiers at stake just to seek revenge, it's an act of war!

We do not all share your elitist view of the world. THANKFULLY THE WORLD IS NOT QUITE SO FULLY CORRUPTED AS YET.

I certainly will never predicate my support for a war on the level or quality of ''royalty'' involved in the run-up to hostilities.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 12:54am On Mar 15, 2011
^^

I'm giving it a rest, i suggest you do too, you really should listen to country music by the Highwaymen, darn those guys are immortals
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by buzugee(m): 2:27am On Mar 15, 2011
ROSSIKE:

buzugee said:

I feel you homie, but they say a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. These white folks didn't just turn all organised overnight. It all started with one of them in the cave saying to the others ''no. we cannot continue to plod around in bearskin, grunting and wielding clubs and matchetes while the Africans are building temples and pyramids  in their lands''.

Before you knew it, they had the land, and WE were on the run. So as Ben Okri wrote, ''One Single Thought, One Single Action, lived out all the way to the sea, can change the history of the world!''
love this post. so profound

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Retail Revolution: Two Giant Malls Open In Abuja / I Changed My Mind- GEJ Till 2019 / 2015: Permutations In APC Swing Towards Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.