Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze (3394 Views)

(photo+video) - Aba Angry Youths Celebr8 Biafra; Set Nigerian Flag On Fire Today / Sabotage: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze,pave Way For B'Haram / SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by aloyemeka1: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigerian immigrant recalls how Gabonese police almost set him ablaze • Victim needs money for plastic surgery[/size]
By CHRISTOPHER OJI

Thursday, March 10, 2011
Joseph Adumekwe, 45, was a popular transporter in Libreville, Gabon. The Nigerian was described as one of the successful businessmen in that country. But today, that cannot be said of him, as he is now a shadow of his old self, no thanks to police brutality.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/10/sun/Adume[1].gif[/img]
The victim

Adumekwe was allegedly tied to the stake like a barbecue ram and fire set under him. The policemen who tortured him also threatened to roast him to death, if he did not produce a Nigerian, who was declared wanted by the police.

According to the victim, his sin was that, as the President of an Igbo cultural association, which united all Igbo from Osu Local Government Area of Imo State, living in Gabon, Osu Progressive Union, he was supposed to know the whereabouts of his wanted member. He narrated how the wanted member (names withheld) allegedly burgled Gabon Immigration’s office, with members of his gang and was declared wanted by the police.

Police in Gabon still insist that as the president of the association, Adumekwe knew the suspect’s whereabouts.

He explained how he was in his house, planning the day’s business with his wife when he heard a bang on his door. According to him, as he opened it, he was confronted by a team of policemen.

The victim, who did not suspect anything wrong, as he did not commit any crime, volunteered to follow the policemen to their office. At the police station, he said he saw the wife of the suspect, adding that it was the police that showed him the woman, asked if he knew her and he answered yes.

He said immediately he admitted knowing the woman and her husband, the police warned that if he wanted to be alive, he should produce the suspect.

According to him, his problem was compounded when he told the police that he did not know his whereabouts. “They tied my legs and hands, hanged me on a stake and made me to face the sky, while they made fire under me with newspapers. They kept adding more newspapers and the fire was on for several hours till my body started peeling off.

He said while the policemen continued the torture, a man came and ordered them to stop, as the plan was not to kill him. “He ordered them to stop torturing me. So, they took me to the hospital,” he said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/10/514.html
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by isalegan2: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2011
You'd think the reporter would provide a comment from the Gabon authorities. Very strange. So many questions that need to be answered. . .
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by ezeagu(m): 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2011
Adumekwe said since he had no means of contacting the embassy, since his wife and children were also locked up in the police cell, he promised to maintain sealed lips. The police officer, identified as Benjamin Ikunna, had appealed to him that if the Nigerian embassy knew about the torture, he would be demoted. But few days later, Ikunna swallowed his words and indicated his intention to stop paying the hospital bill. “When I protested, he threatened to kill me. So, fearing that I might be killed, I contacted the embassy,” he said.

Gabon has become Igboland already? grin Where is Obiagu1?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
This is the sort of thing that, if I was anywhere near the corridors of power in Nigeria, I would be pushing for a thorough explanation from the Gabonese authorities, and MAXIMUM compensation to the victim, as well as severe punishment for the culprits ON THREAT OF WAR.

These wretched, inferiorized retards could never do this to a French man or a German.

Nigeria MUST let these little village countries know they cannot treat Nigerians with impunity.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by aloyemeka1: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2011
ezeagu:

Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by macjive01: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
Such incident give more credence to the reasons why BB needs to be there.

our present president ODE, wud and will do nothing. even if there is an uproar, at most he wud close his eyes and hope the day moves fast into another day, a day more to fade away the memory.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Ramon2: 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2011
There are hundreds of thousands of Igbos in Gabon. Many have been there since before the independence of Nigeria. Panya connection
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by saintneo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
this calls for action not words

where is the foreign minister, where is the ambassador?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by AljUche: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2011
very very sad event angry angry
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by henry101(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ramon2:

There are hundreds of thousands of Igbos in Gabon. Many have been there since before the independence of Nigeria. Panya connection

What is Panya connnection?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Sparkle777(f): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2011
What arrant nonsence! Can you imagine the effontery!? Common Gabon are now treating Nigerians like this? I dont blame them, our country hardly values her citizens with pride IN the country how much more off her shores. I hope all relevant organisations are taking notes if not cases like this will soon abound in even smaller nations,
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2011
ROSSIKE:

This is the sort of thing that, if I was anywhere near the corridors of power in Nigeria, I would be pushing for a thorough explanation from the Gabonese authorities, and MAXIMUM compensation to the victim, as well as severe punishment for the culprits ON THREAT OF WAR.

These wretched, inferiorized retards could never do this to a French man or a German.

Nigeria MUST let these little village countries know they cannot treat Nigerians with impunity.

Such a brash and immature approach, shows you know absolutely nothing about International law, politics and diplomacy.  You don't threaten war just because your citizens suffered police brutality from a foreign government.   It would have even been less ridiculous should it be the case that Nigerians don't suffer worse from their own Police on a daily basis.

More than 80 percent of Nigerians are "inferior Nigerians" within Nigeria, especially considering the cases of the Nigerian Justice System, or the Police affairs of the state, how much more in a foreign country?  Even the President harasses Nigerians on a daily basis using the office of the State Security Service, why should we deserve any better from a foreign government?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2011
violent said:

Such a brash and immature approach, shows you know absolutely nothing about International law, politics and diplomacy.  You don't threaten war just because your citizens suffered police brutality from a foreign government.   It would have even been less ridiculous should it be the case that Nigerians don't suffer worse from their own Police on a daily basis.

You've shown great ignorance and stuppidity by claiming that Nigerians allegedly ''suffering worse from their own police'' IN ANY WAY precludes the federal govt from demanding, ON THREAT OF WAR, that its citizens are not tortured and burned by Gabonese police, AS WELL AS demanding MAXIMUM compensation for the victim and his family. (Oh, and please do show us evidence of Nigerian police getting away with setting innocent citizens ablaze, or shut your nasty trap)

You're no doubt a mental SLAVE to white governments. You do realise the number of Americans brutalized by US police does not FOR ONE SECOND hinder the USA in any demands that ITS citizens be fairly treated by foreign nations. (No doubt you'll have a stream of excuses to justify THEIR position, being a mental slave to whites and a black self hater.)

More than 80 percent of Nigerians are "inferior Nigerians" within Nigeria, especially considering the cases of the Nigerian Justice System, or the Police affairs of the state, how much more in a foreign country?

The only inferior Nigerian around here is YOU.

Even the President harasses Nigerians on a daily basis using the office of the State Security Service, why should we deserve any better from a foreign government?

Why don't you go threaten David Cameron with violence and bloodshed and see if you don't get picked up in an  hour by the anti-terrorist unit of the Metropolitan police. OLODO self-hater.

Someone needs to pick up a rat like you and beat you senseless and toss you into the sea. Afterall, by your logic, you're only a Nigerian and therefore deserve it. ANIMAL.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by AljUche: 12:03am On Mar 14, 2011
ezeagu:

mumu, the person being burnt is also igbo

aloy/emeka:

Joseph Adumekwe, 45, was a popular transporter in Libreville, Gabon. The Nigerian was described as one of the

how do you people think at times undecided
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 14, 2011
With the abject display of self hatred we tend to project all over the place, im starting to wonder if africans ( nigerians in particular) did not in fact beg the white man to come and enslave everybody. I mean, its so obvious.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 1:12am On Mar 14, 2011

You've shown great ignorance and stuppidity by claiming that Nigerians allegedly ''suffering worse from their own police'' IN ANY WAY precludes the federal govt from demanding, ON THREAT OF WAR, that its citizens are not tortured and burned by Gabonese police, AS WELL AS demanding MAXIMUM compensation for the victim and his family. (Oh, and please do show us evidence of Nigerian police getting away with setting innocent citizens ablaze, or shut your nasty trap)

You're no doubt a mental SLAVE to white governments. You do realise the number of Americans brutalized by US police does not FOR ONE SECOND hinder the USA in any demands that ITS citizens be fairly treated by foreign nations. (No doubt you'll have a stream of excuses to justify THEIR position, being a mental slave to whites and a black self hater.)

What an ídiot!, if you had any  pair of brain cells to rub together, then surely you should have realized what a joke you are by now.  In your own logic, every government should threaten a war when it's citizen is subjected to police brutality by foreign governments.  I am yet to hear of something more stúpid, pray tell, in history where that has ever happened,  . .You fággot keep thinking what you watch in movies are applicable in the real life.   I've got news for you, dumbito, we the smart ones know that people don't just threaten to send in F22 bombers to a sovereign country, there are several channels of diplomacy to be expended, only brash and absolute dullards think war is a solution to every problem including an itch!

and NO, I am not precluding that the federal government ought to fold it's arm and do nothing, i however insist that threatening war with a friendly country because elements within its Police force subjected a citizen from you country to torture is the most insané idea ever.  Would Nigeria threaten war if it was Russia or Israel in place of Gabon?  yeah, i guess you now see what a dólt you are!

The only inferior Nigerian around here is YOU.

Another brash statement that shows lack of common sense.  I bet you type faster than you think!

Why don't you go threaten David Cameron with violence and bloodshed and see if you don't get picked up in an  hour by the anti-terrorist unit of the Metropolitan police. OLODO self-hater.
Someone needs to pick up a rat like you and beat you senseless and toss you into the sea. Afterall, by your logic, you're only a Nigerian and therefore deserve it. ANIMAL.

OMG shocked , if you could at least point out to someone who is dumber than you on this forum, i promise you i'd leave this forum for good.

Cases of Police brutality are never new thing to Nigerians, I once had a neighbor about 2 years ago who had three of his finger nails pulled by pliers by officers of the Nigerian Police on suspicion of him being a "Yahoo boy", suffice to say that's just one of the many thousands of such cases which abound in Nigeria on a daily basis.

Shitty bags like you ought to just keep mum where intellectuals argue, you have zero sense of logical reasoning and are absolutely incapable of making rational sound judgments.  On observation of many of your previous posts on this forum, i have come to the unfortunate conclusion that you are most likely a riff raff whose lack of intelligence and the need for same, results in an endless array of morónic posts on nairaland.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by aloyemeka1: 2:28am On Mar 14, 2011
tpiah!:

With the abject display of self hatred we tend to project all over the place, im starting to wonder if africans ( nigerians in particular) did not in fact beg the white man to come and enslave everybody. I mean, its so obvious.
gbam.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by ekubear1: 2:36am On Mar 14, 2011
His back looks terrible sad

Messed up situation.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 14, 2011
violent said:

What an ídiot!, if you had any  pair of brain cells to rub together, then surely you should have realized what a joke you are by now.  In your own logic, every government should threaten a war when it's citizen is subjected to police brutality by foreign governments.

I am yet to hear of something more stúpid, pray tell, in history where that has ever happened

OLODO SLAVE, Unlike you, I'm not interested in  ''where that has ever happened'' because unlike you, I'm not a SLAVE to other climes. Does an American president ask ''where has it ever happened'' before threatening military action on some hapless country? Nope. But because you have an inferiority complex, you look around to see if a white man has done it first. If so, then it's ok. If not, then it's ''how dare you?? Massa has never done this! How could you''

YOU are an unthinking, self-loathing SLAVE, which is why you need ''permission'' from a ''WHITE COUNTRY'' to know what to say or do in ANY situation. 

I REPEAT, until Nigeria THREATENS an African country with MILITARY ACTION in cases of gross mistreatment of her citizens, she will continue to suffer the indignity of her citizens being mistreated on the African continent by nations that have no business mistreating Nigerians.

If you have a problem with that stance, GO EAT DUST, or better still, go stuff your mouth full with rotten hamburgers in London as is your habit, and stay the hell out of this.

Since you're a thoughtless SLAVE, we know it makes infinitely more sense to you for an America or a Britain (where you live) to go in and bombard  an Iraq, killing over a million innocent souls, over a pack of lies and greed for oil, than for a Nigeria to threaten military action to end the ''mere'' victimization of her innocent citizens on the continent.

The former makes all the sense in the world to you, while the latter makes absolutely no sense, because you are a SLAAAAAAAVE with a severely dysfunctional medulla oblangata.

You fággot keep thinking what you watch in movies are applicable in the real life.   I've got news for you, dumbito, we the smart ones know that people don't just threaten to send in F22 bombers to a sovereign country, there are several channels of diplomacy to be expended, only brash and absolute dullards think war is a solution to every problem including an itch!

Says the brainless oaf sitting and chopping hamburger in a country that made its very wealth through the storming of hapless countries. OLODO. YOUR HEAD IS THICKER THAN CONCRETE.  Must be all those fat burgers you stuff your belly with in London.

Cases of Police brutality are never new thing to Nigerians, I once had a neighbor about 2 years ago who had three of his finger nails pulled by pliers by officers of the Nigerian Police on suspicion of him being a "Yahoo boy", suffice to say that's just one of the many thousands of such cases which abound in Nigeria on a daily basis.

OLODO self hater, we don't believe you! AT LEAST I DON'T. SO BUGGER OFF.

Shitty bags like you ought to just keep mum where intellectuals argue

Intellectual? You?

A can of beans has more intellect than you.

you have zero sense of logical reasoning and are absolutely incapable of making rational sound judgments.  On observation of many of your previous posts on this forum, i have come to the unfortunate conclusion that you are most likely a riff raff whose lack of intelligence and the need for same, results in an endless array of morónic posts on nairaland.

Brainwashed self-hating pea brain like you who never ever has a single good word to say about his country.

I can send you more bleaching cream if you feel the ''intellectual'' need to be any whiter than you are already. (Spit!)
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 14, 2011
What a pity cry
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by buzugee(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
these gabonese folks have a hankering for nigerian suya. they musta heard about how delicious nigerian suya is tongue
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2011
OLODO SLAVE, Unlike you, I'm not interested in  ''where that has ever happened'' because unlike you, I'm not a SLAVE to other climes. Does an American president ask ''where has it ever happened'' before threatening military action on some hapless country? Nope. But because you have an inferiority complex, you look around to see if a white man has done it first. If so, then it's ok. If not, then it's ''how dare you?? Massa has never done this! How could you''

YOU are an unthinking, self-loathing SLAVE, which is why you need ''permission'' from a ''WHITE COUNTRY'' to know what to say or do in ANY situation. 

I REPEAT, until Nigeria THREATENS an African country with MILITARY ACTION in cases of gross mistreatment of her citizens, she will continue to suffer the indignity of her citizens being mistreated on the African continent by nations that have no business mistreating Nigerians.

If you have a problem with that stance, GO EAT DUST, or better still, go stuff your mouth full with rotten hamburgers in London as is your habit, and stay the hell out of this.

Since you're a thoughtless SLAVE, we know it makes infinitely more sense to you for an America or a Britain (where you live) to go in and bombard  an Iraq, killing over a million innocent souls, over a pack of lies and greed for oil, than for a Nigeria to threaten military action to end the ''mere'' victimization of her innocent citizens on the continent.

The former makes all the sense in the world to you, while the latter makes absolutely no sense, because you are a SLAAAAAAAVE with a severely dysfunctional medulla oblangata

You scumbag!  I initially thought you were just bit stúpid, now i realize you are a fúcking idíot!

I pointed out how terribly flawed your sense of Judgement and decisions were, and the first thing that came out of your mind was SLAVES and WHITES. . .you, dunderhead, are so full of fart!

I mentioned that it had never been heard of for a country to threaten war just because her citizen experienced brutal Police torture from the hands of a foreign government,  it's just a plain dumb reaction, full stop!, the appropriate channels are to explore diplomatic channels and on the worse case scenario, severe economic relations with the said country.

I ask you again, would Nigeria threaten military action if it had been China in this case?  obviously you were either too blind to see the question or just plain gob-smacked by how dumb it made you sound.  You instead chose to hide under racial cloaks spitting shyt about "American President", "London", and "Hamburger". . .what kind of person are you?  a mammal without a brain?

This is no place to argue out American/British invasion of Iraq you fággot, such topic isn't the one being discussed, what is being discussed here is how dumb your idea of sending military jets to drop bombs in Gabon simply because a police officer tortured a Nigerian citizen, only a dáft person thinks like that.  You must think this is an Xbox game where you could press a few buttons to destroy a territory, I've got news for you móron, it's not!

Says the brainless oaf sitting and chopping hamburger in a country that made its very wealth through the storming of hapless countries. OLODO. YOUR HEAD IS THICKER THAN CONCRETE.  Must be all those fat burgers you stuff your belly with in London.

I'd bet my life my dog is smarter than you, at least it aint full of shyt meanwhile, you are.  The fact that my ID says United Kingdom has suddenly narrowed your fickle mind to think my life is all based in the UK.  Pathetic!. . .If you actually make your supposed decisions this way, i wonder if you ever said or done anything that made an iota of sense in your life. . . .definitely a mammal without a brain!

OLODO self hater, we don't believe you! AT LEAST I DON'T. SO BUGGER OFF.

Repeat after me, "I, Rossike, am an idíot". . .say that seven more times.

here is a link, there you can download a 76 page report compiled by a Nigerian {before your racially biased fickle low esteem start screaming "white man's report"} which includes interviews by over 50 victims of police torture in Nigeria.

http://www.hrw.org/en/node/11630/section/7

You, my friend, are a certified rétard, your IQ is well below mine, and you have absolutely no intellectual grounds to even stand side by side with me in an argument, i know that because you say something like this

A can of beans has more intellect than you

definitely not an intelligent thing to say, only an ídiot is excused to make such ill-thought dumb rémarks
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2011
violent said:

You scumbag!  I initially thought you were just bit stúpid, now i realize you are a fúcking idíot!

I pointed out how terribly flawed your sense of Judgement and decisions were, and the first thing that came out of your mind was SLAVES and WHITES. . .you, dunderhead, are so full of fart!

''You pointed out how terribly flawed''. What a clown. Who the screaming hell do you think you are?

Talk about delusions of grandeur. You think because you call yourself ''violent'', that we should be scared of you?

I mentioned that it had never been heard of for a country to threaten war just because her citizen experienced brutal Police torture from the hands of a foreign government,  it's just a plain dumb reaction, full stop!

But it has been known to threaten war on the basis of a paper trail of fabrications about WMDs, and backdoor oil deals of which YOU are a beneficiary - being a UK RESIDENT.

Now shut your lips and go sit in a quiet corner and read up the meaning of ''irony''.

SHOW US WHERE you have railed against the lies that led to Iraq. Tell us why THAT is more justified than a Nigerian govt threatening war against nations which abuse her citizens?

Is oil more valuable than life?

Are lies more worthy than truth?

Are you an im.becile or are you a he-goat (or both)?

You cannot be sitting in LONDON enjoying the fruits of criminal wars in silence, while attacking people who suggest that Nigeria might consider threatening an invasion for reasons a LOT MORE HONOURABLE than plundering another nation's oil  wealth.

For you, THAT'S A LEGITIMATE REASON TO GO TO WAR -  TO ROB AND STEAL FROM OTHER NATIONS, preferably under the guise of ''LIBERATING'' their people.

For me, it is not. And NO we will not threaten China with war if same thing happens. Why? (wakey wakey) Because China is militarily stronger! So we settle for next best - raise trade tarriffs or cut off relations all together.

Nobody asks why the USA does not invade North Korea like they did Iraq or Afghanistan. We all know why! And it's nothing to be ashamed of for the yanks. They know where they can try the military angle. And where they can't.

AS DO WE.

And YES if we match or surpass your military strengths we can and we will threaten MILITARY ACTION if you insist on treating Nigerians like sub-humans in your country.

ABSOLUTELY 100% AND IF U GOT A PROBLEM GO REPORT TO DAVID CAMERON YOUR oga.

the appropriate channels are to explore diplomatic channels and on the worse case scenario, severe economic relations with the said country.

You are in NO position to dictate ''the appropriate channels'' to anyone here. Do you think this is your classroom?

This is no place to argue out American/British invasion of Iraq you fággot, such topic isn't the one being discussed

BULLCRAP.

THIS is THE PLACE to discuss it.

So you think you can play the dumb, happy smiley slave to western brutality and oppression, enjoying its fruits night and day, AND THEN HAVE THE AUDACITY to come in here pontificating about what constitutes an ''appropriate response''?

Do you realise that ideally wherever you live now in the west is prime candidate for multiferous iniquities from above owing to the untold number of ''inappropriate responses'' to other nations that have led to their current wealth and dominance? HOW DARE YOU TALK  Just shut your trap. You are in the west. So SHUT UP. You have no locus standi!

The day we start to discuss what constitutes an ''appropriate response'' with a view to solving the world's problems, we won't be coming anywhere near YOUR neck of the woods, that's for sure.

What triggered WW1 anyway? Was it not the killing of an Austrian in Serbia?

Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife were killed by Serbians in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914.

What happened next? Austria issued an ultimatum to Serbia - produce the killers or we invade. Not just produce the killers, but make sure you stop disseminating negative propaganda about Austria in your country!

The Serbs agreed to most of the dictates, but Austria still felt not enough had been done. SO SHE INVADED ANYWAY.

That was the start of WW1!

So what are saying? There is never a ''RATIONAL'' reason for war, if you're talking about being ''rational''.

That said, OIL is certainly a far inferior reason to fight a war than defence of a nation's citizens.

TO A CORRUPT, COLD HEARTED PUNK LIKE YOU ENJOYING FREE OIL WEALTH IN LONDON ON THE BACKS OF MILLIONS OF DEAD IRAQIS courtesy of Bush and Blair, OIL IS THE ONLY REASON TO GO TO WAR.

THIEF.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by buzugee(m): 10:28pm On Mar 14, 2011
enoying the spar

but on a side note, the way the guy was roasted (placed above fire and have the flames slowly cooking the meat and whatnot ). was there any point in time where the brah started smelling delicious ? like suya ?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Rossike

Dummy!

Rantings of an ídiot, quite entertaining i must confess.

Let me do a quick summary of the thread.

**** A Nigerian citizen gets tortured by the Police in Gabon

***Rossike the forum ídiot suggests that the singular action is a strong enough reason for his Mighty country to wage war on little Gabon. . .or at least frighten Gabon with possibilities of military engagements.

*** a smart forumite points out how dumb this idea is given that wars, as opposed to what the forum ídiot thinks aren't XBOX games, thousands of real lives are lost in the process and more importantly, Gabon does not constitute a security risks to Nigeria's sovereignty, diplomatic measures are more appropriate at resolving such issues.

***The forum ídiot, flared up in green and red rage, screaming "SLAVES blah blah blah, if American can invade Iraq, why can't we invade Gabon"

Seriously?  do people get any dumber?

The police in Nigeria kill and torture hundreds of Nigerians on a regular basis, and i don't see you here vomiting trash, a police officer in Gabon went out of line and you advocate for a full scale war. . .seriously?  are there people really this dáft?

and no, I don't support America/British invasion of Iraq, i strongly believe it was selfish and and ill advised, now, morón, what's your next line of defense?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
violent said:

@Rossike

Dummy!

Rantings of an ídiot, quite entertaining i must confess.

Glad you're entertained, If you got a little educated as well it would be a bonus.

Let me do a quick summary of the thread.

**** A Nigerian citizen gets tortured by the Police in Gabon

No. An innocent Nigerian citizen is turned UPSIDE DOWN AND SET ABLAZE  by Gabonese Police.

Don't downplay the incident.

***Rossike the forum ídiot suggests that singular action is a strong enough reason for his Mighty country to wage war on little Gabon. . .or at least frighten Gabon with possibilities of military engagements.

I said THREATEN military action. Yes I stand by it.

*** a smart forumite points out how dumb this idea is given that wars, as opposed to what the forum ídiot thinks aren't XBOX games, thousands of real lives could be lost in the process

Erm yes in wars, thousands of lives are normally lost, knucklehead.  But what tends to happen is that word goes round quickly. Mess with Nigerians and you're asking for trouble.

This is the reason whites are rarely attacked in Africa today. In the old days they'd be caught and killed. The Queen's Armies later adopted a strategy that ended that. They would storm the culprit town or village, and raze it to the ground. Word soon spread not to mess with ''whitey''.

It's about time word spreads NOT TO MESS WITH NIGERIANS. Especially in Africa, our territory of influence. If it's not happening in SA, it's happening in Ghana. Or Zimbabwe. Or Kenya. Or Ivory Coast. Now it's Gabon. Nigerians being singled out for torture, merciless beatings and executions. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, AND NIGERIA MUST SAY SO LOUD AND CLEAR WITH A DRAMATIC GESTURE.

and more importantly, Gabon does not constitute a security risks to Nigeria's sovereignty, diplomatic measures are more appropriate at resolving such issues.

Did Nigeria constitute a security risk before she was invaded and colonised by the country where you live right now in happy smiley slavery bliss?

***The forum ídiot, flared up in green and red rage, screaming "SLAVES blah blah blah, if American can invade Iraq, why can't we invade Gabon"

Actually what was said was, if you are enjoying the fruits of Iraq in London without complaining, why are you complaining about suggestions the Nigerian govt fight in defence of its people? BIG DIFFERENCE, DISTORTER.

The police in your Nigeria

I knew it. TRAITOR.

kill and torture hundreds of Nigerians on a regular basis

YAAAAWWN. SHOW US THE CASE, PLUS EVIDENCE. YOU BET THERE IS NOT SILENCE ON ANY SUCH MATTER BUT IT IS BEING PURSUED. I LIVE IN LAGOS. I DO NOT SEE POLICE ''SETTING CITIZENS ABLAZE''.  YOU SEE THEM FROM YOUR COUNCIL FLAT IN LONDON.

Most people who live in Nigeria (as opposed to you) will tell you for free that the police are a lot more disciplined than they used to be. Probably because of better training and the fact that many police stations now have human rights offices attached to them to which victims of abuse can report. (Being a London goat, you obviously know nothing about such developments in ''my Nigeria'')

and no, I don't support America/British invasion of Iraq, i strongly believe it was selfish and and ill advised, now, morón, what's your next line of defense?

But you're still there in London enjoying the fruits of the invasion. You think you will escape justice when it finally comes to your adopted land?

HYPOCRITE.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by isalegan2: 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
To Violent and Rossike: This is not cool, at all.  sad You guys are too smart for this kind of behaviour.

It'd be nice to have the debate without the personal attacks.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by redsun(m): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2011
Where are nigerian human rights lawyer?This guy should sue gabbonese police for debt they can never pay in a life
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2011
If I were Jonathan, I would serve Gabon with an ULTIMATUM to produce the criminals responsible for that atrocity or risk military invasion to LIBERATE that country. That singular act on its own - issuing an ultimatum - will make headline news across Africa, and make every other African law enforcement agency sit up. We need to start acting like the Giant we are. For goodness sakes, Gabon is not even up to the population of Surulere. Look what happened the day when a US tourist was killed in Aruba.

It was like the whole govt of Aruba stopped functioning until the culprits were brought to book. The case was on every US network. Their officials pleading on air to be given more time to find the culprits.
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by buzugee(m): 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
we aint no giant bruh. we dont even have electricity grin grin grin grin grin

actually scratch that. we are giants.

giants of 419 grin
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by violent(m): 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
Glad you're entertained, If you got a little educated as well it would be a bonus.

The entertaining part of it was good enough, it's a secret hubby of mine to read the contents of the minds of an e-diot, nothing makes a super laugh especially when you are drinking red wine and listening to cool jams from the Highwaymen.

I said THREATEN military action. Yes I stand by it.

Again, i insist that threats of military action is totally unjustifiable, especially given that Nigeria and Gabon have both enjoyed friendly relations in time memorial.  Unlike the Austro-Hungarian attacks of Serbia which you ignorantly quoted and hoped will make you look a bit intelligent, what you forgot to metion however was that both countries had a sour history from time immemorial given Austro-Hungarian government's objective of obtaining permanent possesion of Serbia, infact this was led to the 1908-1909 crises by both government.  Additionally the Archduke Franz Ferdinand is a Royal Prince and an heir to the throne, his death was an opportunity seen by the Austro-Hungarian government to attack Serbia.

I would imagine this is something that Israel wouldn't mind replaying all over again, the recent murder of an Israeli family and Israel declaration of the building of 400 new settlement across Palestine land is totally indicative of this.

Again, your argument is totally flawed and lacks objective reasoning, it really doesn't require so much common sense to grasp some basic issues.

Erm yes in wars, thousands of lives are normally lost, knucklehead.  But what tends to happen is that word goes round quickly. Mess with Nigerians and you're asking for trouble.

If going by your proposition, Nigeria threaten military action against each and every country where its citizens experienced torture from the Police, how many wars would we be fighting by 2015?  you see?  the idea is completely dumb!

YAAAAWWN. SHOW US THE CASE, PLUS EVIDENCE. YOU BET THERE IS NOT SILENCE ON ANY SUCH MATTER BUT IT IS BEING PURSUED. I LIVE IN LAGOS. I DO NOT SEE POLICE ''SETTING CITIZENS ABLAZE''.  YOU SEE THEM FROM YOUR COUNCIL FLAT IN LONDON.

Are you bleeping kidding?  have you ever been to a Police Station in Nigeria to witness interrogation techniques?  do you actually presume the Police in Nigeria use lie detectors and stuff?
Re: How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze by AljUche: 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2011
violent and rossike

come on guys, why the insult on each other undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Corrupt Afterall / Jonathan Advised To Appoint Yerima As Religion Adviser / Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.