Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera (8499 Views)

Nigerian Pilot Loses Life To Explosive After Raid On Boko Haram Group. Photos / Masquerade’s Followers Kill Islamic Cleric In Abeokuta / FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by donchruzio(m): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2011
@ alj uche i think you must be creazy or completely being stupid  since you are in a religion and can not read inbetween the lines infact you are a morone because it appears you can not be educated.
islam is just full  of vionlent people that dont understand a bit about peaceful coexistance, what can you now say about the mehem that is being going on in indonisia where all the party involve are claiming to be muslems ho? even in nigeria i have personally witness alot of massacre done by your so  called peace loving muslems and not boko haram i have personally witness that and what have you to say ? a fact you know so well and you are bussy arguing aimlessly and qualifying useful tips wrongly on the basis of your religion that the world have come to know by the actions you have committed (educating you since you dont know what you are into or being living in pervated truth)
Just look at your responses to peaceful comment and thoughts of people on this topic,just violent! and you claim otherwise. you can do more than boko haram from all indications

I.D.i.O.T.I.C  nonsense.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Rich4god(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2011
1 thing u muslims can not hide is dat Islam encourages violence, but it only take an educated muslim to suppress d violent side of his religion but unfortunately, an average hausa man cant hide dis violence. I ve been in kano for 25 yrs now and i ve seen how d muslims (hausa) behaves. @topic. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by chino11(m): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2011
ziccoit:

This is another demonstration of lack of knowledge which is not bad if that is a kind of life you choose. When you have a knowledge sitting in your cranium/skull you would be able to decipher what anyone put on your table. This is an example  of "I think you are right" kind of person. Anything goes.

Get it now or never, there is only one religion others are just ideologies put together by ordinary people. Invoking Almighty God to "arrest all these moslem bigots oneday" is a big mistake as you are already cursing yourself.

Am sure you are so ignorant in the world of today to notice that all the terrorist act that is being perpetrated in the world today are initiated and fine-tuned in the various islamic mosques all over the world. It is very clear and it has been proven that islamic studies and religion is all about violence (jihad). A religion that encourages suicide attacks all over the world and claim that God (Allah) will accept their souls when they kill Christians. Can islam be that 'only religion on earth' youm mention in your post? You must be silly. Look below and see the harm you guys are causing Nigeria and the world at large. Islam as a 'religion' has continued to be the hallmark and epitome of violence in Nigeria and the world, just lastnite a family of five was killed in Jos :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8169966.stm

http://www.persecution.org/2010/12/28/muslim-group-claims-christmas-eve-attacks-in-nigeria-towns-that-killed-86/

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/nigeria/20110102.aspx

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/nigerian-islamic-extremists-take-credit-for-attacks-on-christians-on-christmas-eve-cms-17239

You moslems are violent, dreadful and barbaric in nature. There is nothing good in you people .
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by akpanbaba: 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
It is only a blind man or deaf and dumb that will defend that cult called Islam.Islam means war
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2011
BetaThings:

Please explain how these violence that was promoted was carried out in practice. The Qur'an  was revealed to the Prophet and he was charged with explaining it. Please cite instances of how these promoted acts of violence were carried out in order to reap what you must consider bountiful benefits

Female Inferiority
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)
"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

So I can do whatever I like with somebody who is mine? can I not?
u r a thick daft. I bet dat u dont even undastand wat u r sayin.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Tweety121(f): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
Check out this new blog by a Hausa-Nigerian woman (born Muslim, converted to Christianity):

http://hausanigerian..com/
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by grabdbull: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2011
BetaThings:

So why did they kill that Imam if they are both muslims?

Why do Shiites kill Sunnis if they are both muslims? Answer this, and it will provide you some clarification. I have already answered this in my previous post, but you have chosen not to take the post in its context.

BetaThings:

BTW - there are certain things that you believe in and/or do that take you out of the fold of Islam
If a man who prays in the mosque, go for Hajj etc believes it is right to take the lives of people the way the Boko Haram are doing he is toying with disbelief. I have no right to judge their faith (I cannot and I will not)  and declare them non-believers, but they are living on the edge

Thank God you finally agree that you have no right to judge their faith. They are muslim believers, and have gone ahead in misplaced exuberance, to do what is wrong in the eyes of God and man. That is my point. Guys should not come here and claim that Boko Haram is not islamic in nature. They have done evil beyond the scope of religion and more clerics should come out and preach peace. Simple

BetaThings:

But the hue and cry here is not about praying 5 times daily, pilgrimage etc
No, it is about violence. The very thing Muslims say is not part of the religion

Regarding Reverend King
I mistakenly assumed that Reverend King is in this mould - thanks for the correction
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Mt. 3.10 · Lk. 3.9
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them

What hue and cry? The religion itself is being preached (wrongly) with emphasis on violence in Northern Nigeria. This is the issue. More clerics need to stop preaching jihad, and paradise with virgins as reward for violence, and how you are better than "infidels". Unfortunately, that is the main thrust of preachings up here. That is what we need to change.
Reverend King sinned and did evil. His actions are pure, adulterated evil. You made no mistake in your assumption, but will you now say he is not Christian? That is my point. Evil should be preached against by clerics. I'm sure you get it now.

BetaThings:

It should be clear to any objective seeker of truth that christians do not play by the rule of fairness

Here we go again. We are talking about Muslims killing a Muslim cleric who asked them to stop killing, and you just cannot help but bring Christianity into the issue. Your bias and prejudice is clear. On this thread, I have not seen anyone start a comment with the phrase - "I am a Christian", yet you have transferred your bitterness and aggression towards Christians from one thread to the next. This shows why so many Muslims would Kill people that have never offended them before. It's all transferred aggression and frustration.

BetaThings:

This video has been adapted by Nigerian christians and used to paint Islam black
http://www.france24.com/en/20100703-democratic-republic-congo-deaths-explosion-fuel-tanker-fire

By Nigerian Christians? In what Church? What area? What State of the Federation? How do you know they are Christians, and even if they are, that they speak the thoughts of Christians? BTW, you digress. This is not the topic of discussion. Stay focused.

BetaThings:

You have something against me referring to Muslims as People?
You can read, but you sure can read wrong meaning into a text. You have been all over saying the Boko Haram are muslims. Why not extend the same recognition to the man who died. He is people to you because what he did is commendable. But Boko Haram is always Muslim, never people

Now let us explore your selective assessment of my posts on this thread. You will notice that I have referred to the late man as Late Imam, and even regarded him as a hero. I believe the word "Imam" denotes that one is Muslim. How come you now picked one line where I called on people to do good, and start insinuating bias. Be objective, bro. Also notice how I referred to Boko Haram as "Guys". All said, I believe the topic of discourse is "Muslim sect killing Imam in Northeast Nigeria", which means I should talk about Muslims in the North. Yes?

grabdbull:

@OP: It saddens me that someone who finally saw it fit to actually speak to his followers about real peace was killed by those who want it to be business as usual. This should not deter Muslims in the North who are tired of violence, from preaching peace. This is the beginning. As more clerics preach peace and love, we might be able to save a generation of religious practitioners from being brainwashed into blood thirsty fiends when they grow up; hell, we might even be able to reduce the blood lust of those already indoctrinated with this extreme violence.
The late Imam remains a hero.

These guys are Muslims (Boko Haram) doing it wrong. The late Imam was a Muslim who was doing it right.

BetaThings:

Sorry. I didn't know I was talking to an expert in propaganda. A man who was alarmed by indoctrination but now showing that he is equally guilty
When anybody who is a Muslims fights with anybody, he is quickly called a muslim, but when anybody who is a christian fights with anybody, he is a Berom, Jukun, Tiv etc

These are your words. You wrote this. You said "When Muslims fight". You also said "when Jukun and Tivs fight". Why are you now revising your own post? I sense a high level of insincerity here. You don't need to revise anything. You have said it, take responsibility for it.

BetaThings:

You have painstakingly read only those materials that are critical of Islam
I posted a link to show that when muslims opened a thread to strategise on how to deal with the issue of boko haram
christians jumped in and called them hypocrites
Now you are saying they should stop preaching hatred. what did the slain Imam do?

Sorry bro, what materials critical of Islam are you talking about? Show me where I quoted materials critical of Islam? I talked about what would happen to any Christian in Northern Nigeria, if in his quest for diverse knowledge, he decides to read the Koran, and he is seen. You doubted. So I showed you one link out of hundreds, to show real life situations.
You on the other hand, have failed to see, even on this thread, where people spoke out against the violence of the sect, and prayed for the soul of the late Imam. If you saw these posts, you did not assume these posters were Christians. On the other hand, as soon as you see a poster being critical of Islam, you automatically assume he is Christian, and further attack Christians. This is the indoctrination and hatred I am talking about.
This thread you are going on about, with regards to planning strategies to deal with the issue of Boko Haram, how do you know the religious profession of those that called you guys hypocrites? Even at that, if you have seen first hand, like I have, what damage religious crisis cause, you would appreciate why some will take your online efforts with a pinch of salt. Try making people understand your motives. Stop being on the defensive and using cliches like "religion of peace", "only religion", etc. Instead, let them know you appreciate the problem and their apprehension, and want to do something to correct the wrongs perpetuated by lost souls. This way, you have partners in progress and not rivals to engage in rofo-rofo fight.
The Imam preached against violence ( one out of millions), and was killed, not by any other group, but Muslims. His efforts should not be in vain. More should preach peace, and discourage millions from practicing murderous violence.

BetaThings:

Christians were calling muslims murderers before they even lived with them. Those in the South who have never lived in the North do the same

False, bro, false. People are called murderers when they kill. You do not expect that people who go to mosque to pray on Friday, and after prayers, start a riot ; burn churches; kill non-muslims would not be labelled appropriately. If they killed non-muslims, it means these non-muslims were already living in their midst. Now, we know there are many moderates out there, but how do you determine who is a moderate? As a non-muslim in Northern Nigeria, caution is a key ingredient for survival.

BetaThings:

I have seen Nigerian christians with prayer books against hamas. Please what is Nigerian christians issue with Hamas?

Pray tell, what are the names of these prayer books against hamas? Where did you see these Nigerian Christians with the books? What proportion of the Christian population? Did they "shoot or stab" anyone with these books? This claim is bogus. Put some body on it.

BetaThings:

Why did Nigerian christians support the invasion of Iraq. They pray that there should not be war in Nigeria, but don't mind it in Iraq

What do you base this assumption on? There are Christians in Iraq, bro. Did Christians come out to the streets in jubilation? Iraqi war had nothing to do with religion. You need to stop being paranoid about Christian this, Christian that.
There are clear cases where incidents in Foreign Countries eg, the Danish cartoon incident got Northern muslim in a frenzy of blood-letting. Now, that is support for evil. Get it right.

BetaThings:

Look at the posts here - Islam is violent etc - How many people posting here can point to personal experience of that?

So until dem cut person hand, before him go fit comment? Crap.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by maasoap(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
By year 2020, the population of muslims is expected to double that of the year 1990, Christians are in real troubles. The rate at which muslims population is growing is higher than that of the world's population growth rate. In Nigeria, it doesn't matter how many Muslims convert to Christians, we will surely out number you even if it is assumed to be 50:50 now. I can only blame those who are trying to explain things to you because, I knew that once people have already had mind set abt a thing, it is difficult to make them see d truth. Who is asking you to understand Islam? If any Nigerian Christian should hate Nigerian Muslims, it means such Christian will never know happiness in his/her life anymore. This is because Muslims are everywhere. Christians, watch your back, we're just waiting for the moment when we will out number you in ratio 3:1. Pig eaters!
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by grabdbull: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
maasoap:

By year 2020, the population of muslims is expected to double that of the year 1990, Christians are in real troubles. The rate at which muslims population is growing is higher than that of the world's population growth rate. In Nigeria, it doesn't matter how many Muslims convert to Christians, we will surely out number you even if it is assumed to be 50:50 now. I can only blame those who are trying to explain things to you because, I knew that once people have already had mind set abt a thing, it is difficult to make them see d truth. Who is asking you to understand Islam? If any Nigerian Christian should hate Nigerian Muslims, it means such Christian will never know happiness in his/her life anymore. This is because Muslims are everywhere. Christians, watch your back, we're just waiting for the moment when we will out number you in ratio 3:1. Pig eaters!

You are on the wrong thread, bro. Read the posts from the beginning and you will understand what we are talking about here. Then you can leave a comment.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by skydeexie(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
Please, can any of the Muslim brothers/sisters on this thread explain to me the meaning of JIHAD & MUJAHIDEEN as it relates to Islam?

@ maasoap, you will do yourself a world of good to heed grabdbull's advice. You are starting a fire that will eventually consume you. Watch your mouth because half of the truth has not been told here about Islam. It's better to remain quiet than expose your ignorance here.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by skydeexie(m): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
"Glossy 'Jihad Cosmo' combines beauty tips with suicide bombing advice,"
   By Daily Mail Reporter - Last updated at 11:32 AM on 13th March 2011

Al-Qaeda has launched a women's magazine that mixes beauty and fashion tips with advice on suicide bombings.
Dubbed 'Jihad Cosmo', the glossy magazine's front cover features the barrel of a sub-machine gun next to a picture
of a woman in a veil.

There are exclusive interviews with martyrs' wives, who praise their husbands' decisions to die in suicide attacks.
The slick, 31-page Al-Shamikha magazine - meaning The Majestic Woman - has advice for singletons on 'marrying a mujahideen'.

Readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujahideen ready for jihad.

And the 'beauty column' instructs women to stay indoors with their faces covered to keep a 'clear complexion'.

They should 'not go out except when necessary' and wear a niqab for 'rewards by complying with the command of Allah Almighty'.

A woman called Umm Muhanad hails her husband for his bravery after his suicide bombing in Afghanistan.

And another article urges readers to give their lives for the Islamist cause.

It advises: 'From martyrdom, the believer will gain security, safety and happiness.'

More traditional content for a women's magazine includes features on the merits of honey facemasks, etiquette, first aid and why readers
should avoid 'towelling too forcibly'.
A trailer for the next issue promises tips on skin care - and how to wage electronic jihad.

The first issue's editorial explains that the magazine's goal is to educate women and involve them in the war against the enemies of Islam.

It says: Because women constitute half of the population - and one might even say that they are the population since they give birth to
the next generation - the enemies of Islam are bent on preventing the Muslim woman from knowing the truth about her religion and her
role, since they know all too well what would happen if women entered the field of jihad. 'The nation of Islam needs women who know
the truth about their religion and about the battle and its dimensions and know what is expected of them.'

The publication is being distributed online by the same Al-Qaeda media wing behind Inspire, a similarly slick magazine that encourages
young Muslims in the West to commit terrorist atrocities.

James Brandon at anti-extremism think tank Quilliam, said: 'Al-Qaeda see how effective magazines are at pushing the ideals of
western culture and want to try the same thing. 'As a result they have come up with a jihadist's version of Cosmopolitan magazine.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365806/Glossy-Jihad-Cosmo-combines-beauty-tips-suicide-bombing-advice.html

So, what happens after the suicide-bombing? Fashion and death mixed together for good looks!
Nairaland 'singletons' and suitors, would you like to marry a mujahideen?

Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by namfav(m): 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
Rich4god:

1 thing u muslims can not hide is dat Islam encourages violence, but it only take an educated muslim to suppress d violent side of his religion but unfortunately, an average hausa man cant hide dis violence. I ve been in kano for 25 yrs now and i ve seen how d muslims (hausa) behaves. @topic. May his soul rest in peace

pathetic lie
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2011
grabdbull:

You are on the wrong thread, bro. Read the posts from the beginning and you will understand what we are talking about here. Then you can leave a comment.
maasoap:

Islam outnumbering Xtianity is inaccordance to Biblical teaching that the wide road with crowd in it leads to eternal damnation while d narrow road with fw travellers leads to peace.
Pls don't try to associate d master n lord of all Jesus n d Holiest book,Bible wt ur murderous islam,d fact dt Islam is incomplete wtout ths points and further proofs that Xtianity is superior and d true religion.Mohammed inspired d quran and borrowd some teachings 4rm d Bible,but d fact dt he wasn't alife long enuf to edit d quran made it a bundle of contrdictory piece of novel cos i can't undstnd y a portion of ur cursed bk stated dt 1 angel spoke to mary and another portion says many angels.
Every moments of our lives,archeological evidences n discoveries keep proving d authenticity,veracity n accuracy of d bk of Truth and as a source to history and bk of ethics n morals.
All muslims are terrorists cos ur founder is d PRINCE OF TERRORISM,if u lyk bliv it or not,ISLAM IS D WORLD LARGEST TERRORIST MOVEMENT.I knew that once people have already had mind set abt a thing, it is difficult to make them see d truth. Who is asking you to understand Islam? If any Nigerian Christian should hate Nigerian Muslims, it means such Christian will never know happiness in his/her life anymore. This is because Muslims are everywhere. Christians, watch your back, we're just waiting for the moment when we will out number you in ratio 3:1. Pig eaters!
[quote][/quote]
Islam outnumbering Xtianity is inaccordance to Biblical teaching that the wide road with crowd in it leads to eternal damnation while d narrow road with fw travellers leads to peace.
Pls don't try to associate d master n lord of all Jesus n d Holiest book,Bible wt ur murderous islam,d fact dt Islam is incomplete wtout ths points and further proofs that Xtianity is superior and d true religion.Mohammed inspired d quran and borrowd some teachings 4rm d Bible,but d fact dt he wasn't alife long enuf to edit d quran made it a bundle of contrdictory piece of novel cos i can't undstnd y a portion of ur cursed bk stated dt 1 angel spoke to mary and another portion says many angels.
Every moments of our lives,archeological evidences n discoveries keep proving d authenticity,veracity n accuracy of d bk of Truth and as a source to history and bk of ethics n morals.
All muslims are terrorists cos ur founder is d PRINCE OF TERRORISM,if u lyk bliv it or not,ISLAM IS D WORLD LARGEST TERRORIST MOVEMENT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) / [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States / NTA Reporter Olubunmi Oke Kidnapped In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.