Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? (549 Views)

Where Is Amaechi? A Great Lesson To Others About Back Stabbing Your People! / Orubebe Accuses Prof. Jega Of Being Tribalistic!!! / When Will Nigerians Stop Being Tribalistic And Concentrate On Moving This Countr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by Justcash(m): 2:19am On Mar 14, 2011
[b]It is very disheartening to see some Nigerians on Nairaland fighting to show how superior their ethnic group is, when in the real sense, Nigerian ethnic groups as a whole go through the same predicaments brought about by years of poor leadership and neglect.
Why don't you channel your effort towards ensuring progress? If you don't care about other ethnic groups, then work towards helping your own ethnic group.
While you are arguing;
Many members of your ethnic group go to bed without food.
Many youths in your ethnic group are being recruited into criminal gangs because they have no jobs and are hopeless.
Many youths in your ethnic group are becoming love-peddlers out of frustration.
Children in your ethnic group are chased out of school because their parents cannot afford their school fees.
Members of your ethnic group die because the cannot afford hospitals bills. Some die because the hospitals are ill equipped.
Few Politicians in your ethnic group are stealing all the money meant for your ethnic group, and deceive you by making you to fight other ethnic groups.
The members of your ethnic group die unnecessarily out of avoidable circumstances like road accidents, Electrocution etc.

The list is endless.

Why don't you devote your time towards uplifting your ethnic group by contributing your little part towards your people's progress instead of arguing endlessly on Nairaland to deceive people that your ethnic group is better than others?
You can indulge in social activities like, environmental sanitation, Pay school fees for kids from poor homes, Create sensitization for a better leadership in your ethnic group, Donate food stuffs to poor families, Renovate homes for poor families, sue corrupt politicians etc. That way, you can build a better life and progress for your ethnic group than trying to create an imaginary prestige for yourself by deceiving yourself that your ethnic group is better than others.

The rate of poverty in Nigeria is 70%. This figure consist of every Nigerian ethnic group. This is the same with the rate of corruption. Every ethnic group have corrupt individuals. So quit wasting your time, and contribute to the progress of your ethnic group in a more meaningful way.
[/b]
Re: Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by fstranger3(m): 2:36am On Mar 14, 2011
Justcash:

[
While you are arguing;

I dont argue. I make bold statements why Yoruba group are the best in Nigeria, and indeed in Africa.

Many members of your ethnic group go to bed without food.

This only concerns Ibo people as most of them have been starving since 1967.  Hausa and Yoruba people are hardworking folks

Many youths in your ethnic group are being recruited into criminal gangs because they have no jobs and are hopeless.

POC: This only pertains to Ibo people. kidnapping is rife in the SE and is now the biggest source of income for the 5 decrepit states that make up Alaigbo. The other day some Ibo folks kidnapped the son of a rich Yorubaman

Many youths in your ethnic group are becoming love-peddlers out of frustration.

We all now Edo people like to Nyansh a lot. And if you do what you love, money will follow. I dont see how this is a problem.

Children in your ethnic group are chased out of school because their parents cannot afford their school fees.

Very shameful of the Ibos.  Thank God there is free education in the SW. One of the lasting legacies of Pa. Awo.

Members of your ethnic group die because the cannot afford hospitals bills. Some die because the hospitals are ill equipped.

Ibo people and money: very bad combination. Ibo people love money than their lives.
Re: Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by jason123: 2:39am On Mar 14, 2011
@@@ OP

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT!!!!
Re: Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by Justcash(m): 2:46am On Mar 14, 2011
Bode George is a Yoruba man. He stole billions and was jailed for it.
IBB is a hausa man. He is a renowned thief from the North. He is famous for siphoning the $12 billion oil windfall.
Orji Uzor Kalu is an Igbo man. He is known to have robbed Abia to it's knees, and even ensured that another thief called T. Orji took over from him.
Ibori is from the South-South. He is a renowned international thief, and is in jail for it.
Lucky Igbinedion is from Mid-west. He is a thief, whose assets have just being seized for his fraudulent activities.

Lagos State got bigslums.
Anambra state got big slums.
Rivers state got big slums.
Kano state got big slums.

Crime rate is high all over Nigeria.

Ritual murder is popular all over Nigeria.

Unemployment is high all over Nigeria.

Can someone please tell me how an ethnic group in Nigeria is better than the others?
Re: Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by Justcash(m): 2:56am On Mar 14, 2011
@effed up stranger 3: You are a stinking disease. Your immaturity gives a clear picture of how little your thinking ability is. You are indeed a kid.
I just got a call from a Yoruba friend. He was complaining bitterly about how bad things are in Oyo state. He complained about how he sees hunger and hopelessness around him (In the Yorubaland that you call heaven). Here you are with your borrowed computer, trying to become the "Moremi" of Nairaland. May God help you because the way you are going you may soon die of envy. Pray hard cos your death is near.
Keep deceiving yourself while your people suffer. Better ko Binta Ni. Ode.
Re: Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by jason123: 2:58am On Mar 14, 2011
Justcash:

Bode George is a Yoruba man. He stole billions and was jailed for it.
IBB is a hausa man. He is a renowned thief from the North. He is famous for siphoning the $12 billion oil windfall.
Orji Uzor Kalu is an Igbos man. He is known to have robbed Abia to it's knees, and even ensured that another thief called T. Orji took over from him.
Ibori is from the South-South. He is a renowned international thief, and is in jail for it.
Lucky Igbinedion Mid-west. He is a thief, whose assets have just being seized for his fraudulent activities.

Lagos got bigslums.
Anambra state got big slums.
Rivers state got big slums.
Kano state got big slums.

Crime rate is high all over Nigeria.

Ritual murder is popular all over Nigeria.

Unemployment is high all over Nigeria.

Can someone please tell me how an ethnic group in Nigeria is better than the others?

You dey mind some people??

Justcash:

@effed up stranger 3: You are a stinking disease. Your immaturity gives a clear picture of how little your thinking ability is. You are indeed a kid.
I just got a call from a Yoruba friend. He was complaining bitterly about how bad things are in Oyo state. He complained about how he sees hunger and hopelessness around him (In the Yorubaland that you call heaven). Here you are with your borrowed computer, trying to become the "Moremi" of Nairaland. May God help you because the way you are going you may soon die of envy. Pray hard cos your death is near.
Keep deceiving yourself while your people suffer. Better ko Binta Ni. Ode.

If you have yoruba friends, why were you tribal in your comments a few weeks ago
Re: Instead Of Being Tribalistic, Why Not Work To Ensure d'Progress of your people? by Justcash(m): 3:03am On Mar 14, 2011
jason123:

If you have yoruba friends, why were you tribal in your comments a few weeks ago

I have never been tribal. I only respond to people that insult Igbos, and even while doing that, I don't insult their tribes. I face the individuals, and not their tribes.
I advocate for the breakup of Nigeria for the sake of progress. I also wish for Igbos to have Biafra. That does not mean being tribalistic.
When someone wakes up to attack other tribes for any reason, then that is tribalism. I don't do that, no matter what.

(1) (Reply)

Go And Vote / Buhari Defies Police, Shuts Down Jos ! / Where Can I Sell My Vote?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.