Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,489 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

Aftermath Of Election (predictions) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Election (predictions) (1194 Views)

Anti Buhari Pre Election Predictions That Went Over The Bar with image / He Burnt His PVC Because Of Election Postponement (Picture) / 2015 Election Predictions: What To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Ikengawo: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2011
I don't see all losing sides bowing out gracefully (problem #1 in african politics)

If PDP won, i feel CPC is already mobilized to blame it on rigging, if not ANC or both
If PDP loses, i fear an unwillingness to hand over, and further citing of rigging.

The difficulty we've had in organizing debates shows are politicians aren't mature or sophisticated enough to conduct chaos free elections especially PDP.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Ikengawo: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2011
I also fear violent reprisal from whatever region loses. the SW will remain calm, but the SS will react poorly to a GEJ lose and pockets of the North will react poorly to a GEJ victory.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by ekubear1: 10:37am On Mar 14, 2011
Hopefully the aftermath will be peaceful. . . but I certainly wouldn't bet money on it. We are entering unchartered waters.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Sunofgod(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2011
Protests followed by civil war.

Similar to the Ivory Coast scenario.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Udevex: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2011
Sun of god:

Protests followed by civil war.

Similar to the Ivory Coast scenario.

Civil war between who and who? lol
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Sunofgod(m): 11:48am On Mar 14, 2011
Civil war between the 3 recognised regions - North, South East and South West.

I dont see these elections as being between parties(PDP,ACN,APGA,CPC etc) but between people, their tribes and ideologies.

Lets stop decieving ourselves.

I further predict that no fewer than 5 candidates will declare themselves the winner and President.

Nigeria could become another Somaia with no official government and years of fighting.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Udevex: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2011
Sun of god:

I further predict that no fewer than 5 candidates will declare themselves the winner and President.

Nigeria could become another Somaia with no official government and years of fighting.

It won't happen. Everybody loves oil, and the only real tensions are between the Hausa-Fulani and the rest of the country.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by desgiezd(m): 11:57am On Mar 14, 2011
Ikengawo:

If PDP loses, i fear an unwillingness to hand over, and further citing of rigging.

Jonathan doesnt seem to have such guts!
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by ekubear1: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
Sun of god:

I dont see these elections as being between parties(PDP,ACN,APGA,CPC etc) but between people, their tribes and ideologies.

Blunt, but probably correct.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by jason123: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2011
Sun of god:

That won't happen. As U dey vex said, everyone loves oil.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by egift(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2011
When Buhari (CPC) wins, I see:
- PDP crooks taking a long vacation
- Government Project awarded and executed in transparency
- Politicians behaving themselves
- Mass jubilation in the North/SW/SE/SS and middle belt
- Better Arm forces
- Opinion of the masses considered in decision making.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Sunofgod(m): 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
I think it is fair to say that some people hate what oil has done to Nigeria. (visit the Niger Delta and ask people)

Oil has divided us.

I have put forward a potential scenario based on the past and present.

I cant remember the last election where the 'losers' didn't cry foul.

Therefore I see it as being inevitable it happens again - only this time the consequences will be long and deadly.

Tell me the name of 1 Nigerian that likes losing.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by egift(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
Also when Buhari (CPC) wins this April, I see:
- The economy jump-starting
- Refineries working
- Electricity improving
- Looters/Militants/Terrorist/Killers/Armed Robers facing the law
- Transportation, Youth empowerment, small businesses, health care, etc improving too.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Sunofgod(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Egift

Its like you've been smoking 'Optimism'.

Please post the telephone number of your dealer.

Thanks,
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by egift(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
Sun of god:

@Egift

Its like you've been smoking 'Optimism'.

Please post the telephone number of your dealer.

Thanks,

A whole dose of it. BB2011. All the way. A vote for PDP is to continue business as usual. We need change for good. BB2011.

Nigeria deserve better. Imagining telling someone online that you are a Nigerian Its time for change.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by ekubear1: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
I'm not sold on BB, tbh. None of the options are very appealing. Just trying to decide which I dislike the least.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
If CPC wins,

I foresee morals of all Nigerians being awkened (Just like we had during the Buhari-Idiagbon regime where even in the corner of your room, you dont want to do a wrong).
I foresee the 'WAI' being relunched (WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE).
I foresee Obasanjo decamping to the CPC.
I foresee Ribadu being co-opted into the Government probably heading the fight against corruption & indiscipline.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by ekubear1: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
ALMUSTAQIM:

If CPC wins,

I foresee morals of all Nigerians being awkened (Just like we had during the Buhari-Idiagbon regime where even in the corner of your room, you dont want to do a wrong).
I foresee the 'WAI' being relunched (WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE).
I foresee Ribadu being co-opted into the Government probably heading the fight against corruption & indiscipline.

All nice things. . . but just as important is making sure electricity works in Nigeria. Fighting corruption is only part of the process, not all of it. If 4 years from now there is still no electricity, then whoever was in power utterly failed, in my opinion.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Sunofgod(m): 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
grin

Or even committing suicide.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by desgiezd(m): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
ALMUSTAQIM:

If CPC wins,

There'll be no room in CPC for OBJ to play his kind of politics!
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by UNITEDMAN: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2011
If Ribadu wins, there will be peace across Nigeria but if PDP or CPC wins there will be chaos from one of their camps. both CPC and PDP seem to have violence in their DNA.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by egift(m): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2011
UNITED MAN:

If Ribadu wins, there will be peace across Nigeria but if PDP or CPC wins there will be chaos from one of their camps. both CPC and PDP seem to have violence in their DNA.

Ribadu is a good man - If Buhari wins, he will have a tangible role to play. But to tell me Ribadu will chicken around like Jonathan during the time of Mrs Turia - that I will not believe.

PDP need some element of force to uproot. Buhari will just be appropriate.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by Antiscam1: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2011
Nobody seems to be talking of :
IF BUHARI LOOSE?

Hope he will accept his fate,and not induce violence?
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by tolu001: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2011

Don't tell me you are planning to disrupt the smooth running of a good program by injecting virus OBJ
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by UNITEDMAN: 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
i think we should understand the permutations involved in this election, it is clear that this election will go into a run-off. the obvious fact is that PDP will be somewhere in the mix because of SE and SS factor. but who will be second is very crucial here, i strongly feel Ribadu will be up there, elections will take place smoothly in the SW that is sure and states like edo, abia, imo, benue and adamawa are places ACN are sure of winning. the real battle ground states are in the NE. it will be very interesting, watch this space.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by johnie: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
I dey laff for all of una posts.

I'll come back in May to check your "predictions."

Bookmark this post cos I go still dey laff then!
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by sbeezy8: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2011
topic PDP goin to rig regardless especially in the SW as thats what Obj does.

as far as rigging the SW is home to it and Obj not going to stop his do or die politics

GEJ is going to be declared winner - whether the votes actually counted or not.

aftermath- everyone will blame it on rigging and GEJ will still remain president as Yaradua did. WE ALL KNOW YARADUA DIDNT WIN but he remained as president.

as far as GEJ he will remain baba iyabos boy boy- GEJ presidency wont have an impact in the next 4 years in the Delta or Nigeria as a whole Nigeria willcarry on suffering and smiling.

same old same old. GEJ will probably lose in a free and fair election but I KNOW PDP can never play FREE AND FAIR its just not in OBJS/PDP STYLE.

gej will be president and before you know it the clown will be out the door in 2015. GEJ IS DUMBB. But hey Obj doesnt pick smart people as successors.
Re: Aftermath Of Election (predictions) by seanet02: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2011
ACN win Ogun
ACN wins Oyo
ACN wins Lagos
ACN wins Ekiti
ACN win Ondo
ACN wins Osun
ACN wins Kwara
ACN wins Kogi
ACN wins Benue
ACN wins Adamawa
ACN wins Edo
ACN wins Katsina
ACN wins Sokoto
ACN wins Kebbi
ACN wins Borno
ACN wins Niger
ACN wins Akwa Ibom
ACN wins Bayelsa
ACN wins Imo
ACN wins Enugu
ACN wins Anambra
ACN wins Kaduna
ACN wins Rivers
ACN wins Cross River
ACN wins Sokoto
ACN wins Jigawa
ACN wins Presidential Election
Other Parties can share the remaining states
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Enugu-Onitsha Highway: A Nightmare / Boko Haram: Obasanjo's Visit To Prevent Attack On Ota Farm - It's A Lie - Obj / Oyo Pilgrims’ Welfare Board Members In Bloody Clash.Chairman Beaten unconscious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.