Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Doubting Husband To Be - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Doubting Husband To Be (2808 Views)

'I Regret Pushing My Husband To Move Us From Okota To Lekki Phase 1' - Woman / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) / Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Is it possible to go somewhere with a group of people and then get raped, and still go ahead and date the rapist knowing fully well he did it?
Tales some girls tell for losing virginity, I'm tired.
Getting a good wife is giving me tough time

3 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
virtual7:
Is it possible to go somewhere with a group of people and then get raped, and still go ahead and date the rapist knowing fully well he did it?
Do you know kakashi
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Chapter1vs6(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
You may just have to ignore those stories in it's entirety of you really need a wife. Don't let them even tell you because when you know the truth... Hmmmm grin
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Stephenomozzy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
Are you looking for a wife or are you looking a for a woman with a plausible "lose your virginity story"?

There's more to getting a good wife than meeting her a virgin. Does she have self-identity/worth? Patience? Understanding? Forgiving spirit, loyalty, amongst others.

A good wife is in character, not the hymen, Mr. Man

12 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Do you know kakashi

No. Tell me
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Are you looking for a wife or are you looking a for a woman with a plausible "lose your virginity story"?

At least don't cook up stories.
Say
*i'm not virgin, I had a boyfriend I was having sex with"

6 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
Chapter1vs6:
You may just have to ignore those stories in it's entirety of you really need a wife. Don't let them even tell you because when you know the truth... Hmmmm grin

I actually didn't ask
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by bukatyne(f): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

There's more to getting a good wife than meeting her a virgin. Does she have self-identity/worth? Patience? Understanding? Forgiving spirit, loyalty, amongst others.

Sexual self-control is part of good character for men and women.

16 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by bukatyne(f): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
virtual7:

I wonder why they have to keep cooking up STORIES?

If you can do the crime, do the time.

I had other relationships before I met you should be a good intro.

The amusing ones are those who claim to be virgins when they are not and intend to sleep with/marry the man.

Is it not foolishness?

6 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
bukatyne:

I wonder why they have to keep cooking up STORIES?

If you can do the crime, do the time.

I had other relationships before I met you should be a good intro.

The amusing ones are those who claim to be virgins when they are not and intend to sleep with/marry the man.

Is it not foolishness?

Cooking up a story is my factual concern

2 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Shortyy(f): 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stockholm syndrome at work
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:
Stockholm syndrome at work

Please explain a little
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by angelfallz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2020
virtual7:

you need to investigate her. Before marrying any woman vet her thoroughly. Don't listen to people that say nonsense about virginity etc.

Saying things like i had other relationships before meeting you is not good enough, you need to know the kind of life she lived prior to meeting you.

In the past, before a couple can get married both families investigate each other, what is stopping you from doing it?

https://www.nairaland.com/6048178/reality-every-guy-need-know/101#95705418

2 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by MMXX: 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

True to an extent cos you don't want a lose woman with a good character also
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2020
angelfallz:

you need to investigate her. Before marrying any woman vet her thoroughly. Don't listen to people that say nonsense about virginity etc.

Saying things like i had other relationships before meeting you is not good enough, you need to know the kind of life she lived prior to meeting you.

In the past, before a couple can get married both families investigate each other, what is stopping you from doing it?

https://www.nairaland.com/6048178/reality-every-guy-need-know/101#95705418

Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2020
MMXX:

Gbam!
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Dtruthspeaker: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
virtual7:

Are you a good husband that you should be given or get a "good wife"?

3 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by virtual7(m): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you a good husband that you should be given or get a "good wife"?

To a large extent, yes I am.

1 Like

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
bukatyne:

Sexual self-control is part of good character for men and women.

Are you a virgin?

Btw, virginity does not always validate sexual self-control. To some, it's just a lack of opportunity.

While I'm not trying to speak against virginity.. I'm coming from the angle of the op fixating on the "how I lost my virginity" story from the prospects he's made

4 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
MMXX:

Exactly, my point is get to know the woman in her PRESENT... observe her personality and you may even be able to predict future tendencies. Digging too deep in the past sometimes is an unpleasant and hypocritical endeavor.. As we all have flaws in our past

1 Like

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Dtruthspeaker: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
virtual7:

To a large extent, yes I am.

Then, continue in your works, The One Who Matches the husband with his wife, knoweth All and He dispenseth as He Deems Fit!

But what I have seen is that a good wife can not be found, Exactly As the Bible Said. (Na bad wife na im dey market, as you have confirmed)

However, a good wife is Given by The Lord, but Only to Righteous Men. And this is were the Yoruba adage is Instructive in saying "God no dey give bad animal, horn".

3 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Karleb(m): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Are you a virgin?

Btw, virginity does not always validate sexual self-control. To some, it's just a lack of identity.

While I'm not trying to speak against virginity.. I'm coming from the angle of the op fixating on the "how I lost my virginity" story from the prospects he's made

Stop trying to hard.

The fellow is only concerned about and also disappointed in the cooked up story.

2 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
Karleb:

Stop trying to hard.

The fellow is only concerned about and also disappointed in the cooked up story.

K.

I didn't quote you. There's a discussion beyond the op's dilemma.

2 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Karleb(m): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

K.
I didn't quote you. There's a discussion beyond the op's dilemma.
The OP didn't invite you to comment either.

It's a public forum, anyone can quote anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
Karleb:

The OP didn't invite you to comment either.

It's a public forum, anyone can quote anyone.

Thank God you know that, at least. I don't understand then why you're pained about the direction I was pushing my point in with another uninvited member of the public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by faithfull18(f): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hmmn.
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Are you a virgin?

Btw, virginity does not always validate sexual self-control. To some, it's just a lack of identity.

Whether I am a virgin or not is outside the scope of this thread.

Virginity would always be a sign of sexual self-control to me which is a hallmark of character. I am not saying sexual self-control is all there is to a wife or husband. Same person might lack financial self-control or self-control in food etc.

If you don't see anything wrong in lying how one got disflowered especially when not solicited, I, the OP and some others do.

The OP has not even said he wants to marry a virgin (also not bad); he wants ladies to be truthful (IF they decide to divulge).

That is not to say some ladies were not raped (I even have a thread on that): but to claim cock and bull stories like our Government feed us is playing on the person's intelligence.

6 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Stephenomozzy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
bukatyne:

The OP has not even said he wants to marry a virgin (also not bad); he wants ladies to be truthful (IF they decide to divulge).

If it means so much for you to know, then be matured enough to deal with the knowledge how best it suits you, not crying foul on social media.

Bye

1 Like

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by crackhaus: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2020
virtual7:
Why did you bother asking her how she lost her virginity?

9 out of 10 times, the response is going to be a lie... Know this and know peace.
You should stop asking such questions.

3 Likes

Re: Doubting Husband To Be by Liposure: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
She's trying to manage the truth. Unfortunately there are loopholes in the story
Re: Doubting Husband To Be by angelfallz(m): 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
crackhaus:

Why did you bother asking her how she lost her virginity?

9 out of 10 times, the response is going to be a lie... Know this and know peace.
You should stop asking such questions.

No. Such questions should be asked but, not necessarily directly.
It is very important to thoroughly vet and verify the woman you intend to spend the rest of your life with.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Doing It! / Heartless And Adulterous Husband, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / HELP: MY Wife Is Refusing To Cook For Me And I Want A Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.