Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance (22422 Views)

Innoson Customized Anambra Deputy Governor Official Car / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet / Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by ogododo: 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2020
Armed with the belief that the cost of governance can be reduced if frivolities are cut, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has revealed that neither he nor anyone in his cabinet had purchase personal or official vehicles with taxpayers’ money since they assumed office.

He made this revelation on Thursday, in his address at the 22nd Annual Tax Conference, on the theme ‘Taxation and Economic Competitiveness: Imperatives for National Development’.

While harping on the need to reduce the cost of governance, Sanwo-Olu said: “We need to look at the expenditure of our state.

“As the Chief Executive of our state, I ask myself where can I cut the excesses from?

“What can I do away with in order to increase the revenue of our state, and make available a lot of money for my state for them to do well?”
Sawo-Olu added: “So what have I done, and this is the first time I will be saying this publicly, I have not purchased a single official vehicle for myself or any of my direct staff, or any of my family members since I became the governor.

“So if you see me have a convoy of 10 vehicles, what you are seeing are all vehicles that I have been using since my campaign time.
“And because we are in Lagos, being your governor, I have also been opportuned to receive two or three brand new cars from very highly-spirited Lagosians.

“So I said to my people that it is not a practical thing that any governor would want to begin to buy brand new vehicles when you don’t need too.

“So because of this decision, millions are brought back into the pocket, and it simply means we can develop the state very well.
“So this is just one of several things in Lagos State that we have committed to, just to reduce cost of governance and improve on the development of our state,” Sanwo-Olu added.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/to-reduce-cost-of-governance-i-havent-bought-official-vehicle-sanwo-olu/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by ouzo1(m): 12:00am On Nov 06, 2020
e be like every politician for this country na comedian o....

Bros Sanwo lawuwo, e be u like say our IQ na dey same with lai mohammed own abi?

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Moferere: 12:03am On Nov 06, 2020
So, that's the yardstick of measuring a reduction in the cost of governance abi? sad

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Moferere: 12:04am On Nov 06, 2020
ouzo1:

ALL of them are CLOWNS.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 06, 2020
But your allowance can buy ten private jet nonsense angry

70 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Ever8090: 12:19am On Nov 06, 2020
Devil right now....

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by yarimo(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2020
ouzo1:

Bros Sanwo lawuwo, e be u like say our IQ na dey same with lai mohammed own abi?
but the governor is not from the south east. if you know you know grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Biafrawemove: 12:34am On Nov 06, 2020
Me too

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by thatsleepboy1: 12:36am On Nov 06, 2020
Abegiii this one that is a figure head governor that even folashade TInubu locked lagos markets and he couldn't do ath about it. BTW I saw some clean LCs on his convoy on ARISE TV when he visited AJ and lagos round. Abeg na Ambode use that one remain?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2020
Politicians with the spirit of lies in them. Believe them at your own peril!

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 06, 2020
Abia govt : pay 15k pandemic fee =okay
Imo govt : I support social media regulation = high court okay
Anambra : nwafor is not with us = okay
Enugu : charging port project = fine gburugburu

Sanwo olu : I have not bought car, to reduce cost of governance = ah Tinubu, Lagos, APC, Fulani buhari

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by HIbreed(m): 4:31am On Nov 06, 2020
Olodo junior
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by WoundedLamb: 4:31am On Nov 06, 2020
Just look at the commenters above. It wasn't even up to 10 comments before it went tribalistic. These are the youths that want to take over. Lol.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by teamsynergy: 4:32am On Nov 06, 2020
With all the leakages everywhere and how easy it is for our politicians to make money disapper, cost of governance will never reduce.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by IgboSomalia: 4:33am On Nov 06, 2020
SuperBold:

Sanwo olu : I have not bought car, to reduce cost of governance = ah Tinubu, Lagos, APC, Fulani buhari

You forgot to mention Wike. They have ignored what is happening in Oyigbo and are instead crying on the price of onions. grin
Onions is worth more than their lives.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by SmartPolician: 4:33am On Nov 06, 2020
Any state that is serious about reducing the cost of governance must start by slashing what the former governors earn in pension. Imo State proudly took that bold step recently.

However, our biggest problem is the federal legislatures that earn an astronomical sum.

I don't understand why Buhari cannot look those people in the eyeballs and tell them that they shouldn't be given money for constituency projects.

For crying out loud, why do we have the federal ministry of works in all the 36 states and FTC? It's not as though the constituency project NONSENSE is enshrined in Nigeria's constitution.

Any government that wants Nigerians to take it seriously must use the power of the presidency to reduce the cost of governance.

Buhari is not a serious leader. He doesn't just lack leadership traits and ideas, but he is also just on an ego trip.

I can imagine him always waking up and shouting: "People said I would never be president. Today, I am a 2-time president of Nigeria."

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by BigSarah(f): 4:34am On Nov 06, 2020
Okay... Yeah Me too
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by negbike(f): 4:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Foolish man. As a public official, you should not be accepting car gifts from private citizens. That’s a conflict right there. And why would you be bragging that your family members don’t have official card? Only in Nigeria sha

11 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by int0x80(m): 4:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Moferere:

ALL of them are CLOWNS.
They are not clowns, they just know how to manipulate Nigerians.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by wunmi590(m): 4:35am On Nov 06, 2020

If I give this man slap ehn, you go sleep for a whole year for hospital.

It is not necessary they buy car before we would know they are using tax payers money.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by ecomalchemist(m): 4:37am On Nov 06, 2020
Sanwo IRO.

We are living in such precarious times, I'm not sure if by 2023 Nigeria will exist as a country.

Everything is spiralling out control.

One touch watch,
IP67 ratings,
150MAh inbuilt battery,
Blood pressure, Oxygen, heart rate and sleep monitor,
Call and SMS notification,
Messaged reminder

Available in black, pink and white

With fitpro app

@ 6000

Check my Signature

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 06, 2020
This is ridiculous.
Those car gifts are from the same people that will finish Lagos. They know how and where to do genuine philanthropy if they really want to.. They are merely shrewd businessmen.

All you need to do is reduce the number of your aides and parastatals to a sensible level. And the crazy amounts allocated to the House of Assembly that always makes EFCC pursue Lagos Speakers must be pegged.

It's not everyone that contributed to your emergence that must be an SSA. The job of some of thses agencies can be done in a single room under a ministry.

And meanwhile, Alpha Beta charges are part of the costs too.

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by apesinola001: 4:38am On Nov 06, 2020
THERE IS GOD OOOOO
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by panama789: 4:41am On Nov 06, 2020
Moferere:
So, that's the yardstick of measuring a reduction in the cost of governance abi? sad
.....I feel he really has mental health issues

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by adaragbotemi: 4:41am On Nov 06, 2020
Who is a fool?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by DontBullshitMe: 4:43am On Nov 06, 2020
Has he been trekking? shocked
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by Karemarealty288(m): 4:50am On Nov 06, 2020
Ambode warned us about this Dude.

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by ruggedtimi(m): 4:51am On Nov 06, 2020
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by babag93: 4:52am On Nov 06, 2020
This man is gradually loosing it.
Mr Governor,
Take it a step further. Cut off all allowances and emoluments. After serving for a maximum of 8 years, you shouldn’t milk the state coffers dry.
You’ll save more this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance by majamajic(m): 4:58am On Nov 06, 2020
SuperBold:

These are the states u can mention ?
Or according to your knowledge ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Tackles Hadiza Bala-Usman For Insubordination / Asari Dokubo Arrested In Benin Republic / Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.