Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

***Being Real In Relationships*** - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ***Being Real In Relationships*** (2216 Views)

Tips To Know A Lady Is Being Real ? / I Must Get Hooked For Real In 2016 / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 9:56am On Mar 15, 2011
Why does it seem like guys don't appreciate a woman being real/herself in a relationship?  I have noticed fake girls get "the men" because they adapt to what the man wants but realness is not appreciated anymore (my opinion).  The only problem with being fake is that the woman has to keep up the facade and possible be unhappy for a long time while the man carries on being himself. .  . . . . . . .that is why later on in marriage/long term relationship, men complain that the babe has changed, not who they fell inlove with. . . . . . . .

Am I the only one that holds this view?
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:00am On Mar 15, 2011
No, your not the only one who has pondered this question. Good thread by the way wink
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Goldieluks: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2011
Men are mostly attracted to fake women,fake love,fake nails,fake b oobs,fake eye lash,fake everything.But when the come across the real deal,they tend to bypass it and go for the fake one instead.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 10:07am On Mar 15, 2011
Thanks Nerdy girl  cheesy

Perhaps the guys will shed some light on this one since the babes mould themselves according to the man's spec or what they think the man wants. . . . .
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:14am On Mar 15, 2011
Goldieluks:

Men are mostly attracted to fake women,fake love,fake nails,fake b oobs,fake eye lash,fake everything.But when the come across the real deal,they tend to bypass it and go for the fake one instead.

Its funny that you mention that because I once heard a Nigerian guy complaining about girls being fake, having fake hair, nails, bȯobs, etc. and thinking their real. The funny thing about that dude is he ALWAYS gravitates to the women he complains about and disregards the ones he says are good.

SA Goddess:

Thanks Nerdy girl  cheesy

Perhaps the guys will shed some light on this one since the babes mould themselves according to the man's spec or what they think the man wants. . . . .

No problem wink. I'm interested in seeing what the men have to say here undecided
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SALady(f): 10:30am On Mar 15, 2011
Girls, lesson number one and write that down, guys will go out with anything that oozes s3x believe me. Trust me, your real self says nothing s3x about you hence you are being overlooked.

Your real self makes you look like he's gonna have to work extra hard to get in your knickers.

Dont worry, you probably dont need to go out with a guy that is attracted to such. I just hate being the next girl he dates after he's been with such.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 10:31am On Mar 15, 2011
Goldieluks:

Perhaps the guys feel that they are stuck with fake women seeing that there are so many of them around.  Some men might even wonder what is wrong "with you" if you don't wear fake nails and hair with tons of make up, FAKE seems to be the new REAL. . . . . . ,
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:33am On Mar 15, 2011
SA Lady:

Girls, lesson number one and write that down, guys will go out with anything that oozes s3x believe me. Trust me, your real self says nothing s3x about you hence you are being overlooked.

Your real self makes you look like he's gonna have to work extra hard to get in your knickers.

Dont worry, you probably dont need to go out with a guy that is attracted to such. I just hate being the next girl he dates after he's been with such.

Uh huh. I hear ya sista

SA Goddess:

Perhaps the guys feel that they are stuck with fake women seeing that there are so many of them around.  Some men might even wonder what is wrong "with you" if you don't wear fake nails and hair with tons of make up, FAKE seems to be the new REAL. . . . . . ,

Hmmm, interesting line
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 10:37am On Mar 15, 2011
We are yet to hear from guys, particularly those that like fake girls/women. . . . .
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 15, 2011
some men gravitate towards fake gals because many of them seem dull and easy to handle, will not challenge them and some are alwys looking glam. Alot of men complain about this fake gals but alwys choose them over the real ones.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by MsPotato(f): 10:40am On Mar 15, 2011
SA Goddess. I understand what u mean. My brother is having problems now on his 3 month old marriage and is really thinking second thoughts.

he dated her for 5 years and they were fighting all the time but still they were together. Now that they are married, they fight even more and he told me that she has changed after marriage and that she is a nagger, a control freak and someone whom is controlling his life cause she continuously checks his HP, his computer and so on.

I ask him didnt u know all this about her when you were dating her? He said he seriously have no idea.

And the latest news we found out is she force herself to vommit after every mal in order not to get fat@!   shocked shocked shocked
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2011
Ms. Potato:

SA Goddess. I understand what u mean. My brother is having problems now on his 3 month old marriage and is really thinking second thoughts.

he dated her for 5 years and they were fighting all the time but still they were together. Now that they are married, they fight even more and he told me that she has changed after marriage and that she is a nagger, a control freak and someone whom is controlling his life cause she continuously checks his HP, his computer and so on.

I ask him didnt u know all this about her when you were dating her? He said he seriously have no idea.

And the latest news we found out is she force herself to vommit after every mal in order not to get fat@!   shocked shocked shocked

Omg, you guys need to seek medical help for her. She's damaging her body. Hmmmm, her having an eating disorder is probably contributing to her being controlling. People who have eating disorders sometimes use it as a means of control.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 10:50am On Mar 15, 2011
Ms. Potato:

And the latest news we found out is she force herself to vommit after every mal in order not to get fat@! shocked shocked shocked

Sounds like your sis in law needs help . . . . .

As for changing after marriage, she was probably chilling, being passive until he said "I do" then the rainbow colours started to appear. . . . . .
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by MsPotato(f): 10:50am On Mar 15, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Omg, you guys need to seek medical help for her. She's damaging her body. Hmmmm, her having an eating disorder is probably contributing to her being controlling. People who have eating disorders sometimes use it as a means of control.

The other day when I found out, I wanted to take her to a doctor but instead she ran away from the house and ran to her mother. I told her mother about it and her mother said its ok cause her other daughters are doing it and they all are fine. thats what her mother told me!  shocked shocked shocked
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by MsPotato(f): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2011
SA Goddess:

Sounds like your sis in law needs help . . . . .

As for changing after marriage, she was probably chilling, being passive until he said "I do" then the rainbow colours started to appear. . . . . .

Alot of people had warned my brother that she has a freaky behaviour but we all didnt see it. She was really nice and all.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Alot of people had warned my brother that she has a freaky behaviour but we all didnt see it. She was really nice and all.

Awww, sounds like she needs help cry
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by elettrodad(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2011
Unless you are on your teenage I don't really get your point.
Isn't true you put hearrings, a nice dress, some paint on your face to go out? Are you faking that way?
Are you expecting to date the man of your life without make any efforts to look a little attractive?
Are you not faking when you smile and thank you the person who said "you are so beautyful tonite" when you know you don't sleep since 6am and menstrual issue are devasting your stomach and you feel all but beauty?
What is faking? Being nice is faking? You change into a vampire after a month of wedding?
Do you really think we don't know your b.o.o.b.s. will fall at the age of 40?
Do you think we don't know about fake nails and bullsh.ts like this?
The first approach in a relation is visual, unless you stick with internet appointments which will anyway finish with sending pictures before to meet.
So what it means fake?

Edit. What Ms. Potato is saying has nothing to do with faking. She has problems herself.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by MsPotato(f): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ I guess so. Im not sure really if she is faking it or she was originally like that bcause to be honst, my brother has dated her for 5 years before marriage and he dosnt know all of this till now? Now isnt there sumthing funny gpoing on there?
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2011
elettrodad:

Unless you are on your teenage I don't really get your point.
Isn't true you put hearrings, a nice dress, some paint on your face to go out? Are you faking that way?
Are you expecting to date the man of your life without make any efforts to look a little attractive?
Are you not faking when you smile and thank you the person who said "you are so beautyful tonite" when you know you don't sleep since 6am and menstrual issue are devasting your stomach and you feel all but beauty?
What is faking? Being nice is faking? You change into a vampire after a month of wedding?
Do you really think we don't know your b.o.o.b.s. will fall at the age of 40?
Do you think we don't know about fake nails and bullsh.ts like this?
The first approach in a relation is visual, unless you stick with internet appointments which will anyway finish with sending pictures before to meet.
So what it means fake?

Edit. What Ms. Potato is saying has nothing to do with faking. She has problems herself.

Firstly, you are waffling, nothing that was said warrants the tone you used, calm down and learn to read and UNDERSTAND before you reply in a "psychotic haste"  grin  grin  grin  grin

I mentioned A LOT OF make up, never said women should not use make up and Sis in law was faking being nice before the marriage. . . . . . . . . . .never mind, I think I am having a monologue!
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by elettrodad(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2011
I was not meant to be aggressive! kiss
I simply pointed out that I strongly believe we are all faking a little bit in the beggining, trying to make more green the grass.
Personally when I see a woman with lot of makeup, fake b, bs and extra displayed goodies I feel she is on the "pay for sex" side more than on the "I want to marry you" side. . but I am not a teenager anymore.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Ranoscky(m): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
Exactly the same thing that bothers me with 'some' ladies, and I keep wondering and asking myself why some girls do keep a blind eye and walk pass the real men that wil give them comfort and a happy marraige, but keep this time, they keep their eyes wide open like Owl and with the instint of of a desert Eagle when walking and they keep stucking on players, wife beaters, cheaters, rude dudes etc [ how are we to be sure that the complainers are not 'fake' themselves, and pls, how do we recognise 'fake' girls when we see them on the street, thanx] ?

1 Like

Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
SA Goddess:

Why does it seem like guys don't appreciate a woman being real/herself in a relationship?  I have noticed fake girls get "the men" because they adapt to what the man wants but realness is not appreciated anymore (my opinion).  The only problem with being fake is that the woman has to keep up the facade and possible be unhappy for a long time while the man carries on being himself. .  . . . . . . .that is why later on in marriage/long term relationship, men complain that the babe has changed, not who they fell inlove with. . . . . . . .

Am I the only one that holds this view? 

its not that we dont appreciate its the confusion you bring i.e may way back you met few fakes ones then finally you met someone who is not fake you will still think that she is faking like the previous one at the same time she expects you to appreciate her so the brother is caught between thoughts is she real or fake
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Ranoscky:

Exactly the same thing that bothers me with 'some' ladies, and I keep wondering and asking myself why some girls do keep a blind eye and walk pass the real men that wil give them comfort and a happy marraige, but keep this time, they keep their eyes wide open like Owl and with the instint of of a desert Eagle when walking and they keep stucking on players, wife beaters, cheaters, rude dudes etc [ how are we to be sure that the complainers are not 'fake' themselves, and pls, how do we recognise 'fake' girls when we see them on the street, thanx] ?

If I were fake I am sure i would not be asking this question.  I could be wrong but I think fake starts with (appearance) hair/terrible-looking weaves, weaves in general and nails (I wonder how women even wash properly with the claws they have these days).  I am not saying don't make yourself look good as a woman but surely one does not have to be "plastic" to do so. . . . . . . . .On none appearance - I once knew a girl whose boyfriend new she smoked but he did not like it so told chick to stop, she "did" but only when she was with him.  She would carry her toothbrush and lotion in the car so she could brush her teeth and freshen up when going home, to me that is just another form of fake,
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Ranoscky(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
Well. . . .To each her own!
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
I guess. . . . . . . . . .one man's delicacy is another's poison!
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by herlarbey(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
9ja luvs fake tins cos dey ar cheap. wink
moreso,u can differentiate d real deal 4rm d fake one either
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

its not that we dont appreciate its the confusion you bring i.e may way back you met few fakes ones then finally you met someone who is not fake you will still think that she is faking like the previous one at the same time she expects you to appreciate her so the brother is caught between thoughts is she real or fake

Hmmmm. . .

elettrodad:

I was not meant to be aggressive! kiss
I simply pointed out that I strongly believe we are all faking a little bit in the beggining, trying to make more green the grass.
Personally when I see a woman with lot of makeup, fake b, bs and extra displayed goodies I feel she is on the "pay for sex" side more than on the "I want to marry you" side. . but I am not a teenager anymore.

Interesting undecided
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by 190: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
I think the problem necessarily has be the lady

why do they succumb to changing their lives and adapting themselves just cos they

are interested in getting married 2 him or eating his money ( they do this all the time )

& years later they find themselves totally who they really are in the marriage, thats why i always

by the idea of dating someone for as long as possible cos not everyone would hold themselves for that long without

revealing a trait of who they are to their partner's
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2011
190:

why do they succumb to changing their lives and adapting themselves just cos they

are interested in getting married 2 him or eating his money ( they do this all the time )

& years later they find themselves totally who they really are in the marriage, thats why i always

by the idea of dating someone for as long as possible cos not everyone would hold themselves for that long without

I agree, the ladies are setting themselves up for failure and a life of misery pretending to be who they are not, one can only pretend for so long before the real self surfaces. . . . .
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by nanidee(f): 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
190:

common will you sharap there, undecided

who told you that a people do not pretend to be who they are not for as long as humanly possible? have'nt you seen people that have been married for 20 years, and still not real to each other?

slaps 190 on the face and keeps walking,
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by iv4real(f): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
These days its either u be urself and be single or be fake and get hitched. Men like women that pretend. Dat is y d girls will pretend den show dia true colours wen dey marry them.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by iv4real(f): 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
These days its either u be urself and be single or be fake and get hitched. Men like women that pretend. Dat is y d girls will pretend den show dia true colours wen dey marry them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn How To Kiss Oh.. Tired Of Hearing The Mtcheeew! Or Slapping Sound! / Seun Is A Very Handsome Guy / She Always Slap Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.