Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,064 members, 7,828,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. (29698 Views)

Is It Advisable For A 21 Year Old To Study A 5 Year Course? / Study A Master In International Management At IUBH, Work In Germany / List Of Courses You Must Not Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by emperorshaokahn(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
Karleb:

Even a blind knows the government is our problem but I don't want to make it political.
but that is what it is.it is purely a political problem.how many underdeveloped countries do you know that is not struggling whit unemployment?.is it sudan,yemen,somalia,ghana,mexico?,etc.if you like sturdy law and medicine combined once the country is bad with no working industries,you will have difficulties finding a well paying job.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
spiceadole:

I wrote JAMB 5 times because I wanted medicine or nothing.

I spent 8 frustrating years in medical school.

Immediately, housemanship started..I had no regrets at all.

Its been 4 years post graduation and I am glad I persevered

My neighbour wrote 5 times ended up studying biochemistry. I couldn't take that chances, after my first attempt I got crop science. Why would I write jamb 5 times when there was a short cut which was pre-degree. All my doctor friends went through that route except 4 who went in direct. Popsi dey form stingy by now dem for call am papa doctor. I was bright but you know Medicine cut off.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
Colb461:
but do you regret going for the engineering?

Baba no level even after master, na to japa now

1 Like

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Karleb(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2020
spiceadole:

I wrote JAMB 5 times because I wanted medicine or nothing.

I spent 8 frustrating years in medical school.

Immediately, housemanship started..I had no regrets at all.

Its been 4 years post graduation and I am glad I persevered

An acquaintance wrote JAMB for 4 years before getting Plant Science and Biotechnology.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Canih28: 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Karleb:

Please change to Computer science and never look back!
OK good thoughts. I will try to follow your advice. Thanks
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Cetacean419: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
DamZik:
How can I access these monies please?
Visit the Bank of Industry Official site.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Omezif(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
Some people prefer what they like and continue with it than going astray. This article is for students from moderate poor families without anybody to help provide job for them. Any well known riches children either working in government or not would study what they like and got a job before graduating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Johnnyrio: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
please how about geology??
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sysdatek:

anyone reading law now is wasting his time

unless na ESQ title dey hungry you, cause if na guy you be, and no connect, hunger go wire you for years if not decades :-/
leave law for women who fine, at least men go chase them after school cheesy

this our generation of graduates and undergraduates
wahala for who no get any Skills that can put food on their table
cause the way the value of degrees are tanking in this country, hmmm
even people who studied medicine dey complain, even when you find the job, the small 150 or 200, you earn after 9 years studying, responsibility go wipe it

Yea babe who studied law it increases their level when it comes to marriage. Big men like barrister wife.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
Johnnyrio:
please how about geology??

The course is too streamline.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Jonasbadoo2(f): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ablyz:
electrical and electronic engr course or any engineering courses is a course you can be jobless in nigeria
Just STFU , Engineering is still lucrative though but it depends on what you learnt and your skills

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Jonasbadoo2(f): 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
thesmallgod:

Remove chemical engineering. That was past glory. I currently hold both bachelor and masters degree in chemical engineering, and yet no Job. Less than 5% of my class mate are working as a chemical engineer
Mtcheew continue waiting for oil companies, what happened to plastic, detergent, cement, food processing or even brewery industries.. biko don't discouraged anyone here and FFS you can still travel abroad and improve your skills further and practice there

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Jonasbadoo2(f): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2020
galantjoe:

You can become paint producer, etc. The course is very wonderful. Just think outside employed. You will see you that you re being packaged with alot of potentials
Wish u good luck
You dey mind am, chemical is universal

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Jonasbadoo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
BiggyB242:

Baba no level even after master, na to japa now
which department in engineering?
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by oofjm: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
MediMedi:
What will I do with this my course, Education and Integrated Science pls
�Lol
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by 2fine2fast(m): 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
DamZik:
Very few privileged people. How significant is one out of one million? You know someone like you would still get good job even if you study Animal husbandry or social studies. In this case, it's not a matter of what you study. Thank God for your parental background.

I tap into your grace sir.

My parents never wrote my exams for me.
My parents never applied for my first job for me at a NGO.
My parents never applied to NAFDAC for me, never wrote the NAFDAC entrance exam for me
neither did they sit for me during my NAFDAC job interview.
My parents never applied for me to study for my PhD, never wrote my resignation letter for me
and I am sure as hell that they are not the one doing my current PhD research for me.
You parents can only support your course in life if you have directions already.
Even God will not support you when you have no directions.
I have met lots of people that are from less privileged background compared to mine.
And some of them are doing better than I am doing, in folds.
Morale of the story, DONT LIMIT YOURSELF.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by MediMedi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2020
oofjm:
�Lol
Give me reasonable answer not ''lol''
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
which department in engineering?

Mechanical. The engineering course that sells the most is civil( you can be self employed) building contractor are the ones making it really big in Nigeria. Then you have electrical, esp if you are good instrumentation; electrical are the most sort after by engineering company. Petroleum is too streamline non reason that side, mechanical is becoming old though they are needed in all industry but not as much as electrical engineers. Chemical kinda streamline but is better than petroleum.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Jonasbadoo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
BiggyB242:

Mechanical. The engineering course that sells the most is civil( you can be self employed) building contractor are the ones making it really big in Nigeria. Then you have electrical, esp if you are good instrumentation; electrical are the most sort after by engineering company. Petroleum is too streamline non reason that side, mechanical is becoming old though they are needed in all industry but not as much as electrical engineers. Chemical kinda streamline but is better than petroleum.
But it's surprising even with your M.Eng you're still unemployed ..
Why don't you try other industries apart from oil,power

1 Like

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by yoged(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2020
Cetacean419:

Some Nigerians are gullible and foolish though. Check great Musicians and see which school they finished from. People think Wizkid abi Davido are Musicians?
There's no Nigerian musician that can beat the like of Fela whose albums is still sold today even 23 years after his death. Now tell me who can beat this feat. Is music a gbangbandindin?
don't be mislead. We have more than 200 artiste in Nigeria. Out of which 20 are making it . The rest are into shady deals like crime , drugs and fraud. Just hiding under music.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by oofjm: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
MediMedi:

Give me reasonable answer not ''lol''
u can become a lecturer,as teacher u can teach biology,chemistry,physics...build your own school if they is cash...in summary lean a skill or start saving little capital to start any business of ur choice.goodluck!
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by tamra(f): 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Phantomhilz:

@ Kenneth10110

What you studied is actually a gold mine. How many foreign languages can you speak.

Be strategic when learning languages Try to learn the most spoken languages and the not so common languages (languages spoken in a single country alone).

Apply to ministry of foreign affairs, even without connection there is 70% chance of getting a job, either in a an embassy or a high commission

Wow, I never knew ... Thank you. I'm actually learning French. I'm gonna take my foreign language classes more serious now. Thanks again
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
But it's surprising even with your M.Eng you're still unemployed ..
Why don't you try other industries apart from oil,power

Underemployed but business is the way to go now. I'm done job hunting is frustrating except I have a connection. It is what it is. If you have any info hit me up, information is power.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Ussycool: 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
BIOCHEMISTRY IS A USELESS COURSE... Though i graduated with 2.2 which make me to look beyond my cert and hustle harder. And now i am doing better than the best graduating student of my time
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Nwakannaya1: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
The aim of education is to become a functional member of the society.

Study the course you enjoy and you would never regret it even if you are unemployed.

You can always get OTJ training on most of the jobs in this country, you can always add a skill too.

If you study because of employability, I am convinced 99.9% that you would get frustrated in this country, unless you are directly related to the top 5% in this country.

If you have plans leaving this country to practice, that's fine, you can study for employability, that is quite understandable, but let it be known that in a working society, every single discipline is important, the problem is that we live in a failed society.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Jonasbadoo(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
BiggyB242:

Underemployed but business is the way to go now. I'm done job hunting is frustrating except I have a connection. It is what it is. If you have any info hit me up, information is power.
oh okay But nothing currently
Wish you the best just keep persevering

1 Like

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Karleb(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
yoged:
don't be mislead. We have more than 200 artiste in Nigeria. Out of which 20 are making it . The rest are into shady deals like crime , drugs and fraud. Just hiding under music.

Music doesn't end with those popular artists.

Do you know how much musicians charge to sing in burial, wedding, house warming, naming, birthday...?
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Karlifate: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Etinosa12345:

I'm not gonna lie... That money is small
You're so concerned about money that you missed the bigger picture in that comment.

The point is, a Nigerian painter that is NOT being appreciated in his country BUT was valued in another country, to the extent of earning over 750K Naira (when converted to his home currency), apart from other side contracts given to him.

In summary, his skill paved way for him coupled with his location. kiss
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by Karlifate: 5:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Jonasbadoo2:
Just STFU , Engineering is still lucrative though but it depends on what you learnt and your skills
Some people make judgement based on their limited experience(s) & immediate environment.

To enjoy construction (or Engineering) in Nigeria, your location, network & skills really matters.
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by vickydevoka(m): 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
buchisom1:
Brother stop discouraging people becoz e no work for u no mean e no work for d oder persons and who told u der is no job.. Pple are getting good paid job evryday... If u have the right skills companies will come for u.. I have work for 3 different companies in a space of 6years and i studied business Management. All u need is get d right information and u will get hired simple all dis u pple are talkin connection na mindset.. Pple get job every day without connection.. If u are well informed and God grace on ua side den j good to go.. Learn to start frm d crash den u will grow.. Sm of u pple want to work for big companies whn u dont knw or have any experience or skill to sell... My bro my sister work on yourslf and prayer is the master key.. Dont givup in your belive... U are wat u tink.
U said de bitter truth. Dats y I'm still jobless. How can I be collecting 30k salary in Lagos
Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by vickydevoka(m): 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
venmotors:
Thank God for my life
I was prepared to write jamb as many times as possible just to get medicine & surgery

Thank God it did not take long
Just ASUU strike delaying us from moving forward

Las las Nigeria matter don tire me
My guy did desame thing. Even after offering him vet med. He refused. Until de 8th jamb. Now na medical doctor him be. All him mates way finish b4 him are now roaming de street looking for job

1 Like

Re: Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It. by MediMedi(m): 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
oofjm:
u can become a lecturer,as teacher u can teach biology,chemistry,physics...build your own school if they is cash...in summary lean a skill or start saving little capital to start any business of ur choice.goodluck!
I'm domed.....
I think I have to change it before it ruin me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? / 65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.