Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,754 members, 7,955,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

Message From An Angry American Soldier - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message From An Angry American Soldier (6251 Views)

Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / An Angry Nigerian Nearly Killed Buhari Through A Photoshop (PICTURE) / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message From An Angry American Soldier by Seun(m): 1:01am On Apr 24, 2007
From an Angry Soldier

I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm pissed off enough to do it right.

I am SICK of all this bullshit people are writing about the Iraq war. I am abso-fucking-lutely sick to death of it. What the Bleep do most of you know about it? You watch it on TV and read the commentaries in the newspaper or Newsweek or whatever god damn yuppie news rag you subscribe to and think you're all such fucking experts that you can scream at each other like five year old about whether you're right or not. Let me tell you something: unless you've been there, you don't know a god damn thing about it. It you haven't been shot at in that fucking hell hole, SHUT THE Bleep UP!

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse shit? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that fucking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

You fuckers and that god-damn lying sack of shit they call a president are the reason my husband will never see his baby and my kid will never meet his dad.

And you know what the most bleeped up thing about this Iraq shit is? They don't want us there. They're not happy we came and they want us out NOW. We bleeped up their lives even worse than they already were and they're pissed off. We didn't help them and we're not helping them now. That's what our soldiers are dying for.

Oh while I'm good and worked up, the government doesn't even have the decency to help out the soldiers whose lives they ruined. If you really believe the military and the government had no idea the veterans' hospitals were so bleeped up, you are a god-damn retard. They don't care about us. We're disposable. We're numbers on a page and they'd rather forget we exist so they don't have to be reminded about the families and lives they ruined while they're sipping their cocktails at another fund raiser dinner. If they were really concerned about supporting the troops, they'd bring them home so their families wouldn't have to cry at a graveside and explain to their children why mommy or daddy isn't coming home. Because you can't explain it. We're not fighting for our country, we're not fighting for the good of Iraq's people, we're fighting for Bush's personal agenda. Patriotism my ass. You know what? My dad served in Vietnam and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

So I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed. And I'm going to go to my husband funeral and receive that flag and hang it up on the wall for my baby to see when he's older. But I'm not going to tell him that his father died for the stupidity of the American government. I'm going to tell him that his father was a hero and the best man I ever met and that he loved his country enough to die for it, because that's all true and nothing will be solved by telling my son that his father was sent to die by people who didn't care about him at all.

Bleep you, war supporters, George W. Bush, and all the god damn mother fuckers who made the war possible. I hope you burn in hell.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/309485032.html
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Ynot(m): 5:27am On Apr 24, 2007
Now, thats one pissed off lady. If you ask me, everything she said is nothing but the truth. This administration is made up of liars and incompetent bunch; from the secretary of defense to the attorney-general. Hope the Dems get their act together, cut the funding and put an end to the senseless war.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Jakumo(m): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2007
The US is in a Catch-22 damned-if-you-do and damned- if-you-don't  quagmire in Iraq right now with soldiers being picked off by roadside bombs every single day.  Nine GI's were blown to pieces today, April 21 2007.

If the US withdraws hurriedly from Iraq now, the place will become a terrorist breeding ground and training camp for Islamic zealots from all over the world.   Conversely if US forces remain in Iraq they will become as demoralized as their predecessors were over 3 decades ago when it became apparent that the Viet Nam war could not be won militarily, and  they will continue to die sudden deaths at the hands of largely unseen enemy forces whose method of preference is road-side bombs.

There is no easy exit strategy on the Iraq war, and perhaps the biggest fear of the American public, other than the escalating body count, is the long-term cumulative effect of creating so many more suicidally determined enemies of the US all over the Middle East as this Iraq war rages with no end in sight.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Pain(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2007
What A Dilemma embarassed
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by sweetchick(f): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2007
they should definitely do a movie called 'Blood oil" cos thats the reason for the war in IRAQ
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by cuteass1(f): 11:43pm On May 21, 2007
I feel for the lady so much. It actually is true what she said "who no go, no know"

You have to be there to know what these people are going through. Its sad, I hope the souls of the lost ones rest in peace cry cry cry and that those they left behind, be given the grace and power to move on cheesy cheesy
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2007
Exactly the position of some of us that dare stand by the truth.

On this forum, for doing so you will be labelled an Anti Bush but I am glad an american is echoing what a lot of people have been saying for a long long time now.

I am surprised we have not heard from the die hard supporters of Bush on this forum, the floor is open, let us see how this thread will be twisted by the spin doctors.

A day will come when similar letters will come from Israelis based on the many lies being used to ensure the conflit in the middle east remains unresolved.

I am still wondering why these guys have not impeached the most incompetent president in the world.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mariory(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2007
Poor Poor Afam. You have some how managed to drag the Israelis into this thread. Poor poor Afam. So much hate. Is it eating you up inside? Is it really painful? grin
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2007
Mariory:

Poor Poor Afam. You have some how managed to drag the Israelis into this thread. Poor poor Afam. So much hate. Is it eating you up inside? Is it really painful? grin

4 out of the 5 statements had nothing to do with Israel yet the only one that does (with good reasons too based on where the message was coming from) catches your fancy because that is the only thing you want to see.

Do you have any comments to make on the woman's letter? If yes, state your position. If no, do not turn the thread into a referendum on Afam as that is what incoherent and empty heads do what they lack the intellect to make their points on any issues they get involved in.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by gisaa(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2007
hmmmmmmmm, what a painful sorry to hear,but i think this same post should be send to the BBC,CCN and co.and let us see maybe they publish it or even weird it .so that the whole world we see and reason on it.maybe with write up the people ofamerica themselve can SHOUT on their govt to withdrawn their kids from Iraq.

Everyone knows that the iraq people did want the US AND BRITISH army in their country anymore,but if the US still feels that they ve an assignment their let them bring in the Arab forces like SYRIA,LEBANON AND THE IRAQ's negibour army to do the peace keeping their while they fund them.i think with those people their the iraq will be a little bit peace cos those ones are their brothers.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by bolaoni(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2007
Anytime I watch on TV or hear the radio about one more killing in Iraq, I used to ask
myself how many more it ill take for Mr. Bush to come to his senses and WITHDRAW
the poor souls from the hell hole called iraq?

Bush is sacrificing his people on the altar of pride and he is even willing to send more
people to die! I never see this kind of person before o. It used to be WOMD, what
is his excuse now?

Please how many years/months does he have left? The Republicans will be the loser in
all of this.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2007
Much as i feel for the American Soldiers involved in Iraq,I beg to differ with Anti Bush Sentimentalists { Afam in particular}.It would amount to suicide in monumental proportions if Bush were to pull his troops out of Iraq @ this point.I get to see the havoc wreaked ny these terrorists in Iraq every day and i daresay that the American army is doing one hell of a job in containing the menace.

If the US withdraws hurriedly from Iraq now, the place will become a terrorist breeding ground and training camp for Islamic zealots from all over the world.

My sentiments exactly!!

Conversely if US forces remain in Iraq they will become as demoralized as their predecessors were over 3 decades ago when it became apparent that the Viet Nam war could not be won militarily, and they will continue to die sudden deaths at the hands of largely unseen enemy forces whose method of preference is road-side bombs.

It would be wrong to liken the Iraq war to 'Nam cus the later was a war without focus.The focus of the war in Iraq is to eradicate terrorism and make the world a safer place and if that will be acheived @ expense of the lives of a few soldies,I daesay its a worthwhile venture.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2007
I've been saying it for a long time
How do you explain this war to people who have family member killed in this unjust war?
over 100,000 people killed today and every day people are getting killed and no one is calling for impeachment. That just shows you have devilish politicians are. Is IRAQ a better place now compare to when saddam was in power?

Bush invade IRAQ and more people have been killed compare to when Saddam was in power. we speak of oppression and liberation, this people kids can't even walk on the street or go to school.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2007
Hugoboi

You better volunteer to be one of those soldiers to die so that we will live in a peaceful and freedom world.

Their is no good war and their is no bad peace. Karl

This is just a Bush Man war
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2007
How do you explain this war to people who have family member killed in this unjust war?
over 100,000 people killed today and every day people are getting killed and no one is calling for impeachment. That just shows you have devilish politicians are

I wonda where u get ur figures from.>>I would also like to let u know that hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths recorded in Iraq were carried out by the insurgents.How do u explain a situation whereby guerillas resort to killing civilians rather than the actual soldiers whom they r supposed to b @ war with.

Till date,America has lost a lil ova 2000 soldiers and I stand to be disproved!!
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2007
American death toll in Iraq is more than 3000, wounded more that 40K, and counting. Before we go to bed tonite more will join their ancesstors.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2007
You better volunteer to be one of those soldiers to die so that we will live in a peaceful and freedom world.

And who says US Marines are volunteers?//? Every war has casualties ok!!
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 22, 2007
Afam:

A day will come when similar letters will come from Israelis based on the many lies being used to ensure the conflit in the middle east remains unresolved.

And pray, what has this got to do with Isreal? Why have you ignored your own Gideon Levi thread only to come here to vent your spleen?

Sad! Sad! Sad! George Bush should save us more sorrow and bring the soldiers home.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2007
This is complete twaddle.Do you know how many soilders also write to the media in support of the war.The military has a million people under arms and its not surprising that there is a diversity of opinion.

Another thing you will notice is how heavily US military personnel vote Republican when their ballots come in.I personally think that they should take a less active combat role in Iraq and withdraw within the next 2 years.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2007
Hugoboi

Believe me once we see your name in the casualty list, this world will be more comfortable to live in. If you doubt me try and see.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 22, 2007
Like someone said, its a catch-22 situation. If the US had not gone to war, terrorists would still recieve training and support from Iraq, now that the war is on, the US would be foolish to leave Iraq now and give the terrorists a new breeding ground akin to Afghanistan.
Iran is the main obstacle to a peaceful Iraq, the US must in earnest begin to formulate withdrawal plans to leave Iraq within the next yr. Whatever happens, we would be much safer if the US focused more of its efforts on securing her borders. If it means we have to start racial profiling so be it. The Isrealis have used racial profiling and today she is safer than most European countries despite being surrounded by her enemies.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 6:46pm On May 22, 2007
The last idiot to live office cos of war is TONY BLAIR, who follows is yet to be known.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2007
Takin a less combative stance will only trigger a back lash of violence on the part of the insurgents.
Most anti war supporters are of the vie that bush has an ulterior motive for being in Iraq which is oil.Honestly i wouldnt care less if it were diamonds.The bottom line remains that the situation in Iraq is deploreable and military options can provide solutions albeit in a long time.This is no time to be diplomatic.Diplomacy solves no problems more especially when it concerns the Middle East.Those insurgents are ruthless even to their own people and i think they deserve every piece of their own pie.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2007
@ fromuk

I wouldnt want to join issues wit u.But trust me if I wee American,I'd probably be in the Marines and proud of it too.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 6:54pm On May 22, 2007
There is no magic bullet that will solve Iraq.The US needs to pressure the Iraqi Govt to attain some basic goals which essentially involves seeking reconciliation and an inclusive Govt.The violence in Iraq will in the long term require political solution.In the short term,the US has to stay beacuse the domestic Govt cannot maintain security on its own
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 6:56pm On May 22, 2007
Hugoboi
please stop insulting our intelligence. We are here in the state and we see it everyday. over 3000 soldiers have been killed from the USA. ill send you a link in a minute
the press wont give us the accurate number because of politics but we all know when USA drop 5000 Pounds bomb on a village? how many people do you think got killed? go figure what that magnitude can do
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 6:57pm On May 22, 2007
There have been 3,697 coalition deaths -- 3,422 Americans, two Australians, 148 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 32 Italians, one Kazakh, three Latvian, 19 Poles, two Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of May 21, 2007,

LOOK AT THE PICS AND TELL ME

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 22, 2007
I-man:

There is no magic bullet that will solve Iraq.The US needs to pressure the Iraqi Govt to attain some basic goals which essentially involves seeking reconciliation and an inclusive Govt.The violence in Iraq will in the long term require political solution.In the short term,the US has to stay beacuse the domestic Govt cannot maintain security on its own

you think the Kurds are ready to be a part of Iraq? What of the fractious relationship between the Sunnis and Shias fueled in part by the shia govt of Iran?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 7:02pm On May 22, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

There have been 3,697 coalition deaths -- 3,422 Americans, two Australians, 148 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 32 Italians, one Kazakh, three Latvian, 19 Poles, two Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of May 21, 2007,

LOOK AT THE PICS AND TELL ME

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

The very fact that soilders die in this war is irrelevant.This necro debate is pointless.If you want to engage in a necro debate,let me point out to you that the regime of Saddam Hussein caused the death of a 1 million Iraqis and 1 million Iranians.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 7:02pm On May 22, 2007
Hugoboi is telling his own version of the story, the version that makes sense to him alone.

Bragging about the US military casualty not exceeding 2000 is alone to ignore him as he has no clue of how many US soldiers that have died in Iraq.

Davd Adenuga,

Face your studies lest you become a disaster. Half education is dangerous.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 7:04pm On May 22, 2007
We are here in the state and we see it everyday

Crap if u ask me!! the fact that u r in the states doesnt mean sh*t.
If the total numba of casualties in a war of five years stands at a lil ova 3000.Wat does that tell u.It isnt enuff to talk about caualties.Wat of the lives lost to terrorism in the past decade.Sumone has got to pay!!
Terrorism is a germ that needs to be eradicated and thank gudness Bush is doin just that!!
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by TayoD(m): 7:05pm On May 22, 2007
@topic,

Here is one of many letters sent to us by a colleague stationed in Iraq. Happy reading.

Things are going fine here. I am attending a school in the north of the IZ (Iraq=IZ). Things are relatively quite here and after I move back to my home FOB I'll let you know about all of the fun (very relative term) I'm having here.

I can tell you that I'm stationed in the south and am working with the Iraqi Shieks on almost a daily basis. Their Holy day is Friday so that is typically our day to recover (clean weapons, vehicle maint., wash cloths, etc.)so I'm kept pretty busy.

A typical day is something like this: up at around 0630~0700, a little physical training (PT), then breakfast and to the office were we make our final checks on the intell situation prior to leaving the wire. We conduct our PCIs (Pre-Combat Checks)and typically roll out sometime after 0900 . I'm working on a Civil Affairs team most of the time, developing project scope of work, inspecting projects in progress, meeting with local leaders, etc.

All the kids are crazy, they want whatever isn't tied to us; pens, flashlights, knives, whatever they can get us to give them. But they very seldom touch us or try to just take stuff. As Americans, we are perceived as very powerful, and perception is everything in this culture. The Iraqi's understand our rank structure better then some of our own jr enlisted and they are very good at negotiations. Every meeting has a defined end state and a defined alternative to the best posable outcome. So the meetings are very structured as to the one or two messages we intent to deliver, and the negotiation that will always take place (it's a cultural thing that helps build rapport).

The country is very poor, the mud huts that most people live in are very, very basic but if they are any where near a power pole, they have electricity and a satellite(This is an NEC nightmare over here). Typically two rooms, one for sleeping and hiding the females when we arrive and the other is a guest area where we eat, drink chi tea, burnt coffee and have social discussions. The business is usually saved for later in the meeting. I have been taking language classes and cultural classes. Both are very useful outside the wire on a daily basis. Their culture is very different from ours and very, very interesting. I have read a book called "The Arab Mind" that gives a lot of insight into why they act the way they do. I am also studying something called COIN operations (counter insurgency operations).

As far as the NEC nightmare, the locals will climb the poles, strip back the insulation and wrap their own service drops to their house. I hear of dead Iraqi's trying to do this but have not seen it first hand yet. The lines run down the pole and into the mud hut. They have some of the lattice structures here too but if they aren't guarded, the locals steal the cross members until they think the structure might fall if they take any more of the material. It's so crazy I have to laugh when I see it.

Since moving to the north, I have heard incoming mortars nightly but nothing has come too close. They are really a very low threat to us, the real threat is on the roads. But we fly when moving between FOBs so not really an issue for me. The guys on the ground are the ones who have to dodge them. I've seen the damage that they do and it is bad. While the US press would never say it, we (the US) is making great gains in winning this thing. The average insurgency (and there have been many since WWII) lasts between 9 and 13 years. we're in year three, So we have some work to do yet.

All of the troops are doing a great job and very professional. We have excelled at everything we've done to this point so I expect that to continue. We have been talked about by the Joint Chiefs, always in a good light. We are the best National Guard Brigade to have gone through the Joint Readiness Training Center in LA to date. We have exceeded all of our higher headquarters expectations, at least in our train-up, so far. Our mission is very different then what we trained for but we knew it would be. The philosophy is that if we can handle full spectrum operations, then this mission will be easy for us. In other words, we trained for a worst case scenario.

We don't really need anything, the Army has done a good job of getting us the equipment that we need.

I'll send more updates as we go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta / Ogun Lawmaker’s Wife Kidnapped / PDP LIES BUSTED!!!!! See evidence of fake pictures they uploaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.