Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter (40961 Views)

'We Reassembled His Skeleton With Our Own Hands' - Ken Saro Wiwa’s Daughter / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by NASTYNASOSO: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
Moferere:
So, Jonathan didn't give him a federal pardon?
Na wa o

HMMMMMMMMM

PLEASE WHY SHOULD JONATHAN PARDON HIM ?
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by NASTYNASOSO: 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Stake2odds:
I expected good luck Jonathan to give him a presidential pardon

HMMMMMMM

BUT WHY ?

SO ALL CRIMES ARE TO BE PARDONED BY THE STATE IF YOUR REGIONAL KINSFOLK COMES IN

PLEASE I BEG DONT EVER ASPIRE FOR ANY OFFICE IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by jchioma: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2020
Long live Kenule Beeson "Ken" Saro-Wiwa!

You are not dead, because in death, you have more honour than those who are even still alive that contributed your death.

May they bear the anguish of your remembrance.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by ezechi24(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
Kingzeez10:

I can bet it with you that if you see this man you can say this to his face.

I can bet you I'll rather go to look at buharis grave in Saudi Arabia than meeting a nonentity filled with disgust and nepotism..
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Mryemzyvic(m): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
Moferere:
Na wa o

Wetin do buhari?
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Evii: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ken Sari Wiwa's last words in court before execution:

“My lord,
We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted my intellectual and material resources, my very life, to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot be blackmailed or intimidated. I have no doubt at all about the ultimate success of my cause, no matter the trials and tribulations which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.
I repeat that we all stand before history. I and my colleagues are not the only ones on trial. Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel said to be holding a watching brief. The Company has, indeed, ducked this particular trial, but its day will surely come and the lessons learned here may prove useful to it for there is no doubt in my mind that the ecological war that the Company has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later and the crimes of that war be duly punished. The crime of the Company’s dirty wars against the Ogoni people will also be punished.
On trial also is the Nigerian nation, its present rulers and those who assist them. Any nation which can do to the weak and disadvantaged what the Nigerian nation has done to the Ogoni, loses a claim to independence and to freedom from outside influence. I am not one of those who shy away from protesting injustice and oppression, arguing that they are expected in a military regime. The military do not act alone. They are supported by a gaggle of politicians, lawyers, judges, academics and businessmen, all of them hiding under the claim that they are only doing their duty, men and women too afraid to wash their pants of urine.
We all stand on trial, my lord, for by our actions we have denigrated our Country and jeopardized the future of our children. As we subscribe to the sub-normal and accept double standards, as we lie and cheat openly, as we protect injustice and oppression, we empty our classrooms, denigrate our hospitals, fill our stomachs with hunger and elect to make ourselves the slaves of those who ascribe to higher standards, pursue the truth, and honour justice, freedom, and hard work. I predict that the scene here will be played and replayed by generations yet unborn. Some have already cast themselves in the role of villains, some are tragic victims, some still have a chance to redeem themselves. The choice is for each individual.
I predict that the denouement of the riddle of the Niger delta will soon come. The agenda is being set at this trial. Whether the peaceful ways I have favoured will prevail depends on what the oppressor decides, what signals it sends out to the waiting public.
In my innocence of the false charges I face here, in my utter conviction, I call upon the Ogoni people, the peoples of the Niger delta, and the oppressed ethnic minorities of Nigeria to stand up now and fight fearlessly and peacefully for their rights. History is on their side. God is on their side. For the Holy Quran says in Surah 42, verse 41: “All those that fight when oppressed incur no guilt, but Allah shall punish the oppressor.” Come the day.”

1 Like

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Nchenches: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
post=95884358:
Noo Saro-Wiwa, the daughter of Nigerian writer, television producer, environmental activist, Kenule Beeson "Ken" Saro-Wiwa has taken to her Facebook page to celebrate the 25th anniversary of her father who was executed by the Nigerian Military Government on 10th November 1995 alongside 8 others in Port Harcourt.

Noo Saro-Wiwa disclosed that they had to exhume the remains of her father, who was buried in an unmarked grave, with their own hands decades later in order to give him a dignified burial. She also criticized the Nigerian Government for their failure to give her father an official pardon.

The then President of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), Saro-Wiwa led a nonviolent campaign against environmental degradation of the land and waters of Ogoniland by the operations of the multinational petroleum industry, especially the Royal Dutch Shell company.

At the peak of his non-violent campaign, he was tried by a special military tribunal for allegedly masterminding the gruesome murder of Ogoni chiefs at a pro-government meeting, and hanged in 1995 by the military dictatorship of General Sani Abacha. His execution provoked international outrage and resulted in Nigeria's suspension from the Commonwealth of Nations for over three years.

https://web.facebook.com/noo.sarowiwa/posts/10158211575950376

The anti-Igbo sentiment in Rivers state re-ignited by Nyesom Wike may claim other Saro Wiwas from the state.

Igbo has been the buffer for the oil producing states in the SS.

It’s hard to understand why some people in Rivers state would want the state estranged from the Igbo, thus easily exploited, defeated and ruled.

1 Like

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Dollanaira: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Moferere: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMMMM

PLEASE WHY SHOULD JONATHAN PARDON HIM ?

Being his kinsmen, and the most educated president Nigeria ever had
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Samtob90(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
post=95884358:
Noo Saro-Wiwa, the daughter of Nigerian writer, television producer, environmental activist, Kenule Beeson "Ken" Saro-Wiwa has taken to her Facebook page to celebrate the 25th anniversary of her father who was executed by the Nigerian Military Government on 10th November 1995 alongside 8 others in Port Harcourt.

Noo Saro-Wiwa disclosed that they had to exhume the remains of her father, who was buried in an unmarked grave, with their own hands decades later in order to give him a dignified burial. She also criticized the Nigerian Government for their failure to give her father an official pardon.

The then President of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), Saro-Wiwa led a nonviolent campaign against environmental degradation of the land and waters of Ogoniland by the operations of the multinational petroleum industry, especially the Royal Dutch Shell company.

At the peak of his non-violent campaign, he was tried by a special military tribunal for allegedly masterminding the gruesome murder of Ogoni chiefs at a pro-government meeting, and hanged in 1995 by the military dictatorship of General Sani Abacha. His execution provoked international outrage and resulted in Nigeria's suspension from the Commonwealth of Nations for over three years.

https://web.facebook.com/noo.sarowiwa/posts/10158211575950376

Why official pardon? Did he violate the country 'S law
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

You deserve to be investigated....!

Why should he be investigated?
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by NASTYNASOSO: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2020
Moferere:

Being his kinsmen, and the most educated president Nigeria ever had

HMMMMM

ASSUMING YOUR FATHER WAS AMONG THOSE THAT HE MURDERED.
WILL YOU SUBSCRIBE TO HIS PARDON.?
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Kingzeez10: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
ezechi24:

I can bet you I'll rather go to look at buharis grave in Saudi Arabia than meeting a nonentity filled with disgust and nepotism..
I don't argue with IPOB
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Nchenches: 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
Kingzeez10:

I don't argue with IPOB

Do you truly know what IPOB signifies?

An association of people who want Biafra to be restored.

What’s bad with IPOB? IPOB can only be bad in the eyes of parasites in other parts of Nigeria and to a Nyesom Wike who wants to impress northern politicians to appoint him president or VP of Nigeria in 2023.

Wike is competing with Rotimi Amaechi who is a million times smarter than Wike.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Smooyis(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by stieyven(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nwaotu10:
Rip to the dead.

Same fate awaits Tyrant wike.
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Moferere: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMM

ASSUMING YOUR FATHER WAS AMONG THOSE THAT HE MURDERED.
WILL YOU SUBSCRIBE TO HIS PARDON.?

Why are you so uncultured. What has 'your father' got to do with this?
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by zoedew: 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
He fought the wrong person(s). They still are busy fighting the wrong person(s). The right person(s) to fight are their royal fathers and folks who collect the royalties due from the oil majors only to buy SUVs and travel to Abuja where they spend it all on prodigal endeavours such as women of easy virtues, alcohol, and unproductive hotel bills. The moment the money finishes they pawn the SUV for a pittance and return home penniless only to steer up another round of “resource control agitation”! Others will pick up money belonging to all only to invest it elsewhere building Universities that bring no immediate benefit to the communities where the oil comes from. Travel to Port-Harcourt through the Southwest and you will be brought near tears at the sight of the manifest suffering and deprivation the typical citizen there goes through daily and late into the night! Very annoying!!!
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by zoedew: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
Evii:
Ken Sari Wiwa's last words in court before execution:

“My lord,
We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted my intellectual and material resources, my very life, to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot be blackmailed or intimidated. I have no doubt at all about the ultimate success of my cause, no matter the trials and tribulations which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.
I repeat that we all stand before history. I and my colleagues are not the only ones on trial. Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel said to be holding a watching brief. The Company has, indeed, ducked this particular trial, but its day will surely come and the lessons learned here may prove useful to it for there is no doubt in my mind that the ecological war that the Company has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later and the crimes of that war be duly punished. The crime of the Company’s dirty wars against the Ogoni people will also be punished.
On trial also is the Nigerian nation, its present rulers and those who assist them. Any nation which can do to the weak and disadvantaged what the Nigerian nation has done to the Ogoni, loses a claim to independence and to freedom from outside influence. I am not one of those who shy away from protesting injustice and oppression, arguing that they are expected in a military regime. The military do not act alone. They are supported by a gaggle of politicians, lawyers, judges, academics and businessmen, all of them hiding under the claim that they are only doing their duty, men and women too afraid to wash their pants of urine.
We all stand on trial, my lord, for by our actions we have denigrated our Country and jeopardized the future of our children. As we subscribe to the sub-normal and accept double standards, as we lie and cheat openly, as we protect injustice and oppression, we empty our classrooms, denigrate our hospitals, fill our stomachs with hunger and elect to make ourselves the slaves of those who ascribe to higher standards, pursue the truth, and honour justice, freedom, and hard work. I predict that the scene here will be played and replayed by generations yet unborn. Some have already cast themselves in the role of villains, some are tragic victims, some still have a chance to redeem themselves. The choice is for each individual.
I predict that the denouement of the riddle of the Niger delta will soon come. The agenda is being set at this trial. Whether the peaceful ways I have favoured will prevail depends on what the oppressor decides, what signals it sends out to the waiting public.
In my innocence of the false charges I face here, in my utter conviction, I call upon the Ogoni people, the peoples of the Niger delta, and the oppressed ethnic minorities of Nigeria to stand up now and fight fearlessly and peacefully for their rights. History is on their side. God is on their side. For the Holy Quran says in Surah 42, verse 41: “All those that fight when oppressed incur no guilt, but Allah shall punish the oppressor.” Come the day.”

What speech! Nowhere did he mentioned the most critical factor of all - their leadership who betray the cause of the people! Interesting to know he was a Muslim and died quoting from the book he obviously believed in! Only if he knew!
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by ZIAZI(m): 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2020
I see lots of you refer to Kenule Saro-wiwa as a traitor because he "allegedly" refused BIAFRA. May I remind you that he is 1 million times better than your Ojukwu who ran away during the war, leaving ur grandfathers and fathers to die! The same Ojukwu who wanted BIAFRA, went ahead to contest for President in the same country he despised (his reasons were no doubt genuine). Ojukwu spat on the graves of those who died during the civil war. Saro-wiwa died for something valuable, he died because he refused to compromise. Do well to check the judgement of the pseudo-court on YouTube.

I JUST PROVIDED FACTS, DO SO IF YOU WANT TO COUNTER MY POSITION.

1 Like

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by NASTYNASOSO: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
Moferere:

Why are you so uncultured. What has 'your father' got to do with this?

HMMMMMMM

SEE YOUR LIFE.
SO YOUR FATHERS LIFE MATTERS.

GUY THOSE THEY KILLED WERE PARENTS TOO
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by zoedew: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
letristian:
Too bad of Nigerian government at that time

But Ojukwu gave him some insights which he bluntly refused... Until his eyes opened when it was late
The same is still going to happen to those that are refusing alliance thinking the Northerners are their brothers

Truth is bitter is the reason they won’t accept that Nnamdi Azikiwe has to carry the can for the current Northern hegemony that has largely brought Nigeria to this sorry pass when he went into a selfish political alliance with the North. Till today they are struggling to wriggle out of the negative effects of that political alliance.

1 Like

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2020
tarantino1:
I remember reading about this man back then in Primary School.

And we elected a man from that era as our president for two terms under a false guise of Integrity.

IBB even still get mind to contest for election.

Nigerians are definitely the biggest fools on the planet
lol southerners not Nigerians
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
ZIAZI:
I see lots of you refer to Kenule Saro-wiwa as a traitor because he "allegedly" refused BIAFRA. May I remind you that he is 1 million times better than your Ojukwu who ran away during the war, leaving ur grandfathers and fathers to die! The same Ojukwu who wanted BIAFRA, went ahead to contest for President in the same country he despised (his reasons were no doubt genuine). Ojukwu spat on the graves of those who died during the civil war. Saro-wiwa died for something valuable, he died because he refused to compromise. Do well to check the judgement of the pseudo-court on YouTube.

I JUST PROVIDED FACTS, DO SO IF YOU WANT TO COUNTER MY POSITION.
Ken might be your Hero but he is no one in his community compared to Ojukwu you claimed ran away. Ojukwu death would have been disatrous than him him being Alive. Maybe Tompolo should act brave and surrender himself to this nepostic goverment. Nigeria has not changed, Ken saro Wiwa died for something Honourable, Ojukwu went to war for something Honourable, No one want to be in Ken shoe today but Every right igbo man want to take ojukwu position and keep on the struggle..

Think Thank.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by just2endowed: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Their business and how does that concern others.

The real issue was that Ken Saro Wiwa thought he could poke nature without consequences,

Well of course he died shamefully regretting his actions

God gives and God takes, God who created Ken Saro Wiwa knows the reason he took him back through such means back then.

I can't question God the giver and taker of life.

u are seeking for attention and u will regret t
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2020
just2endowed:

u are seeking for attention and u will regret t

I wonder what is regrettable about Ken Saro natural predicament.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Ken91(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2020
this country we no know peace until we ogonist avenge for ur loss
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by Moferere: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMM

SEE YOUR LIFE.
SO YOUR FATHERS LIFE MATTERS.

GUY THOSE THEY KILLED WERE PARENTS TOO

Spare me of your stupidity please.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by McTobe(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
Owerri people will say “Ewu ndaa tara okwuru ndaa” I.e mama goat chop mama okro. Jonathan...Niger Delta, Ogoni...Niger Delta. GEJ messed up in a number of cases, lack of solace and peaceful redress of some old wounds was one of his many transgressions but who is a Perfect leader...there is something inherently wrong with that Aso Rock that makes people to lost their common sense
dammyz101:
After close to a decade in world court, the Ogoni people won the cases against Royal Dutch Shell, and over 400million dollars was paid as compasation. Nigeria government GEJ collected dat money and promised to help share it for d Ogoni people. Despite all d atrosities comitted against this people our currupt govmnt still conspired wit some Ogoni indigines to loot there compasation money.

1 Like

Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by NASTYNASOSO: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Moferere:

Spare me of your stupidity please.

HMMMMMMMMM

RESPECT TO THE ELDERLY AND PARENTS IS RECIPROCAL

AS HOPELESS AS YOU ARE. YOU COULD NOT EVEN PICTURE YOUR FATHER AS ONE OF THOSE MURDERED.

YET YOU WANT JONAH TO GIVE PARDON.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by nnamdi640: 12:15am On Nov 11, 2020
The same man that order their killings is also in the grave, only if people can learn from this type of event....
You wanted him dead forgetting that thesame 6feets await you too.
Re: Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter by ActiveFx: 12:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Moferere:
Na wa o
Jonathan as how�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Reacts To Wife Battering Accusation / Throwback Photo Of Sani Abacha's Daughter Rocking Her Daddy's Coat In China. / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.